Patient Comments: Yeast Infection - Causes

For women: What do you believe was the cause of yeast infection for you? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: INVOKANA to blame, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

I am 50-year-old female, and this is my 1st ever yeast infection. My husband of 20 years is diabetic, was prescribed Invokana. The pharmacist warned us. He is circumcised, but gave me a yeast infection due to the yeast and sugar in him. Well, I do not know if this will recur as he is cut off until further notice.

Comment from: Maria888, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I was prescribed clindamycin for a tooth infection and received a yeast infection as a surprise. I haven't had one for almost 20 years.

Comment from: Wendy, 45-54 (Patient) Published: July 03

I have no idea what caused my yeast infection. I haven't had one in a very long time. I am 49 years old. I did just buy a new bar soap for my shower and buy some polyester shorts. But I have only used the soap once so I'm not sure if that would affect it so quickly.

Comment from: yannah123, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

I have vaginal yeast infection since August 2016. I am so worried about my health. I am worried about it because I would like to have a baby in the future.

Comment from: Rhona, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

Usually when I eat too much sugary foods I get a yeast infection. I have one now and I ate too much honey and bananas the past few days! Like to kick myself for that! :)

Comment from: Ouch, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I used to love taking baths, but the doctor told me this might provoke my yeast infections so now I'm back to showers only.

Comment from: nd, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 27

I'm taking amoxicillin for dental abscess. I traded one problem for another.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter