Patient Comments: Yeast Infection - Symptoms

Women: What were your symptoms associated with a yeast infection? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: bee, Female (Patient) Published: January 03

The article is quite informative, thank you. I am having a little challenge, I just got treated for malaria and typhoid, I was on period during the treatment, and I am almost through with my drugs. For about 2 days now, I notice severe itching and pain in my vaginal area, and it is always hot and reddish with burning. The veins attached to my vaginal and pelvic area are swollen. I never changed sex partner, and only had sex before I was sick. I am in pain.

Comment from: momof3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had extreme itching, burning during urination, and milky white discharge with yeast infection.

Comment from: santu, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 06

Since 4 months I notice itching on my penis head. And penis shaft has raises and scars. I notice sometime dryness and moisture on penis shaft. Since six months I am not in sexual relationship with my wife. I met a general doctor he gives me an ointment to apply but this is not effective. My problem remains same.

Comment from: layla, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I was diagnosed with candida, without any symptoms except boils and blood blisters. I started taking Symbion probiotics and hope that will work.

Comment from: lolly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I had yeast infection when I had my first child now 23 years. Ever since then I have tried many things, like pills from my doctors, Monistat 7 day treatment, fluconazole, Terazol cream. It will work for a few days and back again. I stopped all medication. I watch what I consume. Any time I eat anything sweet, I am in trouble that day. If you stop eating sweet stuff it helps; even fruit that are sweet will give you severe itching.

Comment from: shahi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

I had vaginal itching, discharge of white fluid twice or thrice a day, and the itching stopped after washing away the white fluid.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter