Wrinkles, whether they be fine line or deep furrows, typically appear on areas of the body that receive a high amount of exposure to the sun. Smoking, light skin type, hairstyle, the way you dress, your occupational and recreational habits, and heredity are all factors that promote wrinkling. Medical treatments for wrinkles include antioxidants, moisturizers, alpha-hydroxy acids, and vitamin A acid. Cosmetic procedures that treat wrinkles include dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, glycolic acid peels, laser resurfacing, Botox, and fillers. Read more: Wrinkles Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Skin Problems: Weird Things That Happen to Your Skin as You Age
As you get older, your skin changes. Find out what to look for and how to treat the things that happen to your skin....
Skin Cancer Symptoms, Types, Images
Discover the causes, types, and treatments of skin cancer. Learn how to prevent skin cancer and how to check for melanoma, basal...
Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
Are you doing right by your skin? Take the Skin and Makeup Quiz to learn how to make the most of your beauty regimen....
Picture of Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body, with a total area of about 20 square feet. See a picture of the Skin and learn more...
Picture of Jessner Facial Peel
Solid white color immediately following a Jessner TCA peel. See a picture of Jessner Facial Peel and learn more about the health...
Picture of Wrinkles
Wrinkles are a by-product of the aging process. See a picture of Wrinkles and learn more about the health topic....
Skin Care to Prevent Wrinkles, Aging Skin, and Dry Skin With Pictures
See how your life affects your skin. The choices you make every day affect the appearance of your skin. Learn how to avoid dry...
Sun-Damaged Skin: Pictures of Sun Spots, Wrinkles, Sunburns
See how sun damaged skin can cause wrinkles, moles, melanoma (skin cancer) and more. Explore sunburn relief and how actinic...
Easy Skin Care Tips for Guys
Guys, want some great skin care tips? Looking good doesn’t have to take hours. Learn how to shave without razor bumps, solutions...
Skin & Beauty: Anti-Aging Tips & Secrets to Look Younger
Look younger, fight aging, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and skin aging by practicing good skin care. Use of moisturizing...
How to Reduce Wrinkles With Lifestyle Changes
Learn how to protect your skin from wrinkles with these antiaging tricks such as sleep position, diet, and wrinkle treatments....
12 Ways to Wreck Your Skin
See 12 Ways to Wreck Your Skin with this slideshow. Learn how sun damage, smoking, overeating and other actions can harm the look...
IMAGESSee a picture of wrinkles plus other types of conditions See Images
Related Disease Conditions
Skin cancers occur when skin cells undergo malignant transformations and grow into tumors. The most common types of skin cancer,...
Sun-Sensitive Drugs (Photosensitivity to Drugs)
Sun sensitivity (photosensitivity) is an inflammation of the skin induced by the combination of medications or substances and...
Actinic keratoses are rough, scaly patches of skin that are considered precancerous and are due to sun exposure. Prevention is to...
Sunburn (Sun Poisoning) Symptoms, Pain Relief, Healing Time
Sunburn is caused by overexposure to UV radiation from the sun. UV rays can also damage the eyes. Repeated overexposure to UV...
Botulism is an illness caused by a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. There are three types of botulism:...
Cosmetic Procedures and Wrinkles
Second Source article from WebMD...
Cellulite is caused by fat deposits that distort connective tissues under the skin, resulting in a dimpled appearance of the...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Sunscreens are crucial for sun protection. Sun damage to the skin from exposure to ultraviolet rays is a risk factor for skin...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
Local ResourcesFind a local Dermatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- tretinoin cream - topical, Renova
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) Dietary Supplement
- tretinoin (Retin-A, Retin-A Micro, Atralin, Renova, Avita)
- lidocaine and prilocaine (EMLA)
- hyaluronic acid, Restylane, Restylane-L, Perlane
- onabotulinumtoxinA, Botox, Botox Cosmetic
- tazarotene (cosmetic) - topical, Avage
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Anti-Aging Skin Suggestions
- Health Tip: Avoid the Appearance of Aging
- If You're Considering Cosmetic Surgery
- Need Your Botox Working Faster? Make a Face
- Health Tip: Botox Isn't Just for Wrinkles
- New Wrinkle in Heart Health: Furrowed Brows May Bode Ill
- Can a Maple Leaf Help You Look Younger?
- New Drug Reverses Hair Loss in Mice
- Scientists Rid Mice of Wrinkles, Hair Loss
- Health Tip: Improve Aging Skin
- 'Facial Stretches' Could Trim Years Off Your Look
- Health Tip: Getting Too Much Sun?
- 4 Ways to Look Younger Longer
- Smiling Adds Years, But Not in a Good Way, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Teach Teens About Sun Safety
- Hollywood Villains Are No Dermatologist's Friend
- With Nips, Tucks and Fat Transplants, Americans are Reshaping Their Bodies
- Health Tip: Warding Off Wrinkles
- Health Tip: Want Younger-Looking Skin?
- FDA: Anti-Aging, Skin-Lightening Products May Contain Mercury
- New 'Second Skin' Temporarily Smoothes Wrinkles
- 'Freckle' Gene Might Make You Look Older
- Botox Can Be Used for Chronic Migraine, Experts Say
- Pot Habit Early in Life May Alter Brain, Study Suggests
- Why Skin Wrinkles More Around the Eyes
- Health Tip: Sunburn May Cause Permanent Damage
- Lip Injections May Ease Challenges of Facial Paralysis
- FDA Seizes Counterfeit Drugs, Devices Sold Online
- FDA Warns of Complications From Facial Fillers
- Botox Eases Overactive Bladder, 2 Studies Find
- FDA Warns of Bogus Botox
- Face Scans Show How Fast a Person Is Aging
- Choose Wrinkle Treatments Wisely, FDA Advises
- Most Cosmetic Procedures Based on Stem Cells Are Bogus, Experts Say
- Scents May Sway Your Sense of Beauty
- Indoor Tanning Ups Melanoma Risk, Even Without Burning: Study
- Could Weight-Loss Surgery Help Slow Aging for Some?
- Study of Twins Shows How Smoking Ages the Face
- Lawsuits Involving Laser Treatments by Non-Docs on the Rise
- FDA Approves Botox for Crow's Feet
- Looking Sleepy Speaks Volumes, Study Says
- Health Tip: Help Sun-Damaged Skin
- Health Tip: Shopping for Skin Care Products
- New Sunscreen Labels: What to Look For
- 4 Signs of Aging That May Show Higher Heart Risk
- Most Forehead Lift Patients Recommend Procedure: Survey
- Condition Commonly Seen in Aging May Alter Brain Function
- Botox May Ease Tremors in Multiple Sclerosis Patients
- Enter the 'Brotox' Era
- Many Still Tanning, Despite Dangers, Survey Finds
- More People -- Even Kids -- Need to Wear Sunglasses
- The Most Common Cosmetic Surgery in 2011 Was ...
- Radiofrequency for Younger-Looking Hands?
- Do U.S Presidents Live Longer Than the Average Joe?
- Smiling Makes You Look Younger
- 'Sun Safety' Counseling Pays Off for Kids and Teens
- UVA Radiation May Cause DNA Damage in Skin
- Anti-Aging Products Not Fully Accepted
- Facial Wrinkles Linked to Lower Bone Density
- Teenage Girls Get Tans Despite Cancer Risk
- Does Botox Affect How You Read Emotions?
- Pollution May Aggravate Skin Damage From Sun
- Group Calls Some Sunscreens 'Snake Oil'
- Indoor Tanning Addiction Linked to Anxiety, Drug Abuse
- Smoking May Increase Body Wrinkles
- Study: Most Wrinkle Creams Don't Work
- Acupuncture for Wrinkles
- 6 Secrets to Gorgeous Skin
- Skimpy Skin Care Tips
- Skin: The Effects of Aging on Skin
- Skin Care and Aging
- New Rules for Winter Health & Beauty
- Skin Care: Protecting Your Skin
- Skin Care Products: Know Your Ingredients
- Skin Care Products: Assess Your Skin
- Skin Care for Mature Skin
- Skin Care and Overview
- Cosmetic Surgery: New Techniques and Procedures
- Women and Body Image
- Smoking in Men
- Tattoos and Permanent Makeup Alarm
- Wrinkles: New Treatment for Facial Wrinkles!
- Living With Healthy Skin
- Cosmetic Laser Surgery, Is It For You?
- Considering Botox Cosmetic Surgery?
- Botox, What the FDA Wants You To Know