Trending Women's Health Topics
Women's health is an important topic area to guide a woman through the stages of her life, as well as knowing the conditions and diseases that may occur. Educating yourself so that the transitions into different phases of life is key to a healthy, happy, and productive life.
Watch this slideshow to see causes of pelvic pain in women including uterine fibroids, cysts, IBS, PMS, appendicitis, bladder infections, and unusual vulvar pain. Medical illustrations show what's happening inside the pelvis.
Related Disease Conditions
9 Home Remedies for Vaginal Yeast Infection
Vaginal yeast infection is also called vaginal candidiasis. It is caused when there is an overgrowth of a germ called Candida...
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of a Hospital Birth?
Many women give birth in a hospital, birthing center, or at home. The advantages of a hospital birth include pain control, access...
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Hysterectomy?
A hysterectomy is an invasive, surgical procedure recommended for women who have problems with their uterus. The advantages and...
Amenorrhea (including hypothalmic amenorrhea) is a condition in which there is an absence of menstrual periods in a woman. There...
Are Cashews Good for PCOS?
Most researchers believe that cashews are beneficial to patients suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)....
Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
Bacterial vaginosis is an abnormal vaginal condition with signs and symptoms of vaginal discharge, vaginal odor, and vaginal...
What Are the Best Home Remedies for Vaginal Itching?
What Is Vaginal itching? Learn what remedies you can use at home to help to relieve your symptoms....
What Is the Best Treatment for Female Pattern Hair Loss?
The best treatments for female pattern hair loss include minoxidil, iron supplements, and anti-androgens....
Birth Control Options
Birth control is available in a variety of methods and types. The method of birth control varies from person to person, and their...
Birth Control Pill vs. Depo-Provera Shot
Birth control pills (oral contraceptives) and the Depo-Provera shot are two hormonal methods of birth control. Both methods work...
The breast, or mammary gland is made up of lobules, milk producing glands, and a system of ducts to transport milk. Both males...
Breast Lumps (in Women)
Breast lumps in women can have a variety of causes such as breast inflammation, infection, injuries, cancer, and non-cancerous...
Can a Gynecologist See If You're a Virgin?
A pelvic exam or a vaginal exam cannot reveal with absolute certainty that a woman is a virgin or has been sexually active. A...
Can Bacterial Vaginosis Clear Up on Its Own?
Learn what medical treatments can ease your bacterial vaginosis symptoms and help you manage this condition....
Can Hormonal Imbalance Affect Pregnancy?
Hormonal imbalance is a common issue that affects many people. Learn the signs of hormonal imbalance, how it affects pregnancy,...
Can Hormonal Imbalance Cause Weight Gain?
Hormonal imbalance is a common issue that affects many people. Learn the signs of hormonal imbalance, how it can cause weight...
Can a Partial Hysterectomy Cause Hormonal Imbalance?
A partial hysterectomy may affect your hormones. Understand the signs of hormonal imbalance, how doctors diagnose hormonal...
Can Vaginal Atrophy Be Reversed?
Learn what medical treatments can ease your vaginal atrophy symptoms and help you manage this condition....
Can Vaginismus Be Cured?
Learn what medical treatments can help ease your vaginismus symptoms and speed up your recovery from vaginismus....
Can You Fix a Rectocele Without Surgery?
A rectocele or the vaginal prolapse (protrusion of the hind wall of the vagina) is a medical condition in which there is a...
Can You Get a Fallopian Tube Transplant?
Although technically it is possible to transplant a fallopian tube, practically a successful fallopian transplant has not been...
Can You Get Cervicitis Without an STD?
While sexually transmitted infections (STI) are the leading cause of cervicitis, the condition can also be caused by allergies,...
Can You Get Rid of a UTI By Drinking Water?
UTI stands for urinary tract infection and it describes when your urinary system gets infected. While the effects of drinking...
Causes of Infertility in a Woman
Infertility is a common problem in the United States, with about 10% of women aged 15-44 years facing difficulty in conceiving or...
What Are Causes of Yellow Discharge and What Does It Mean?
What is yellow discharge, and what could it mean? Learn the common causes of yellow discharge and when it is necessary to see...
What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalances in Women?
Cervical dysplasia is a condition in which the cells of the inner lining of the cervix have precancerous changes. There are two...
Cramps but No Period
Having cramps but no period can occur because of conditions other than your monthly menstrual cycle. They may feel like period...
Cystinuria is a common genetic condition that causes excess buildup of the cystine protein in the urine. Cystinuria leads to the...
What Is the Difference Between a Total and Radical Hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus. It is the second most commonly performed surgery in non-pregnant women. A...
What Is the Difference Between Vaginitis and Vaginosis?
Learn the differences between vaginitis and vaginosis and how they are diagnosed and treated....
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Does Endometriosis Make You Fat?
Endometriosis is a condition in which tissue that lines the inside of the uterus grows outside of the uterus. There is no...
Does Salpingectomy Affect Fertility?
The fallopian tubes (also known as uterine tubes) are a total of two in number, each located on either side of the uterus. Each...
Does the Cervix Grow Back After Conization?
Conization of the cervix or cone biopsy is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of a cone-shaped wedge from the cervix...
Does the Pill Stop Your Period?
Oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) or birth control pills or the pill is a hormonal pill that is used to prevent pregnancy. Because...
Duration of Bed Rest After a Hysterectomy
Patients will need good bed rest after a hysterectomy. Most patients need a good recuperation post a hysterectomy. Rest is the...
Endometriosis implants are most commonly found on the ovaries, the Fallopian tubes, outer surfaces of the uterus or intestines,...
Fibrocystic Breast Disease
Fibrocystic breast condition (sometimes called fibrocystic breast disease) is characterized by lumpiness and usually pain,...
What Is the Follicular Phase of the Menstrual Cycle?
The menstrual cycle has three phases: follicular, ovulation, and luteal. Learn about what happens during each phase....
Genetic Testing: Families With Breast Cancer
Breast cancer can be a killer and the decision to get tested to see if a patient is prone to the disease should be discussed with...
Is There Any Way to Have a Baby After a Hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of a woman's uterus (also known as the womb). Hence, a woman who has had a hysterectomy...
Does Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Cause Weight Gain or Loss?
Hormone replacement therapy can help with the symptoms of menopause. Learn more about the potential effects, including how it...
How Are Intrauterine Devices Fitted?
Inserting an intrauterine device (IUD) is a simple procedure that takes a few minutes. An IUD is a small, T-shaped device made...
How Can I Fix My Rectocele Naturally?
The treatment of rectocele (also known as posterior vaginal prolapse) depends on the severity of its symptoms, and surgery is the...
How Can I Get Rid of Mastitis Fast?
With proper treatment, such as taking antibiotics and massaging the inflammation, Mastitis symptoms should resolve within one to...
How Can I Stop My Cystocele From Getting Worse?
The first and most important step to prevent a cystocele from worsening is to change one's lifestyle....
How Can I Stop Prolonged Periods Naturally?
Heavy periods may be a sign of some underlying health condition. Quite often, heavy and prolonged periods may be a result of...
How Can I Treat Vaginitis at Home?
What Is Vaginitis? Learn whether you need antibiotics and what other treatments can help to relieve your symptoms....
5 Common Symptoms of Ovulation
Ovulation occurs when the ovaries release an unfertilized egg during the menstrual cycle each month. Learn how you can tell if...
How Common Is Uterine Prolapse?
What is a uterine prolapse? Learn the symptoms of a uterine prolapse, what causes uterine prolapse, and when to see your doctor...
How Do Fibroids Affect Pregnancy?
What are fibroids, and how do they affect pregnancy? Learn the signs of fibroids, what causes them, how doctors diagnose them,...
How Do I Check Myself for a Yeast Infection?
If you suspect you have a vaginal yeast infection, you may try an at-home vaginal pH test; however, this test will only help you...
How Do I Get Rid of Gas Pains During My Period?
Gas pain during your period can be debilitating. Learn what causes gas pain during your period and how you can get rid of it or...
How Do I Know If I Have Endometriosis?
Approximately, one-third of the women with endometriosis remain asymptomatic. Severe pain during menses may be the first sign of...
How Do I Know If I'm Having a Miscarriage?
The loss of a baby within the first 20 weeks of pregnancy is called a miscarriage. Most women, especially during early pregnancy,...
How Do They Remove a Cyst From Your Ovaries?
Learn what medical treatments can help with a cyst on your ovaries and speed up your recovery....
How Do You Fix a Prolapsed Uterus?
Learn what medical treatments can help ease your prolapsed uterus symptoms and speed up your prolapsed uterus recovery....
How Do You Get Bacterial Vaginosis?
Bacterial vaginosis is a common issue that affects many women. Learn the signs of bacterial vaginosis, what causes it, how...
How Do You Get Rid of a UTI at Home?
What is a UTI? Learn whether you need antibiotics and what other home remedies can help to relieve your symptoms....
How Do You Get Rid of Period Cramps Fast?
The menstrual cycle is cyclic changes that occur in a woman’s body every month. During the menstrual cycle, the levels of...
How Do You Get Vaginitis?
Vaginitis is a condition where the vaginal walls become inflamed and infected. Learn how vaginitis happens, how vaginitis is...
How Do You Know if You Have a Prolapsed Uterus?
Many women with a prolapsed uterus don't even notice it. Learn the symptoms of uterine prolapse, what causes a prolapsed uterus,...
How Do You Know if You Have a Urinary Tract Infection?
Urinary tract infections can occur in both women and men. Learn the signs of urinary tract infection, what causes it, how doctors...
How Do You Pee With MRKH?
Generally, women with MRKH syndrome pee the same way that other women without the disorder do because the opening through which...
How Do You Treat a Bartholin Cyst After Drainage?
Conservative home remedies may be used to treat Bartholin cysts, but most cases are treated surgically because they can recur,...
How Do You Treat Amenorrhea?
Amenorrhea is a medical condition where an adolescent girl or woman stops having their period for three months or longer. Learn...
How Effective Is a LEEP Procedure?
Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) is used to remove abnormal or potentially cancerous regions in the cervix (mouth...
How Heavy Is Too Heavy for a Period?
Most women have menstrual bleeding that lasts about four to five days every month, with around 2 to 3 tablespoons of blood lost...
How Is a Cervical Cerclage Performed?
Cervical cerclage is a procedure used to stitch up the mouth of the uterus during pregnancy to prevent miscarriage or premature...
How Late Can Your Period Be Without You Being Pregnant?
A regular period — or menstrual cycle — is an essential part of a woman's reproductive system. If you test negative for pregnancy...
How Long Can a Pessary Be Left In?
Depending on the type of pessary prescribed, you should be able to leave it in for as long as four to six months. However, other...
How Long Can You Live With Cystic Fibrosis?
The life expectancy of patients with cystic fibrosis has improved over the last 50 years. The improved chances of survival are...
How Long Does a Hysteroscopy Take?
Hysteroscopy is a procedure performed by a gynecologist to inspect inside of the uterine cavity using a thin tube with a light...
How Long Does It Take for Marsupialization To Heal?
It might take a few days for the pain and discomfort to go away. You may resume the normal activities within 2-4 weeks. The...
How Long Does Ovulation Last Each Month?
A woman’s complete menstrual cycle is usually 24 to 37 days long, although some women may have somewhat shorter or longer cycles....
How Long Does Vaginal Hysterectomy Take?
Vaginal hysterectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the uterus through the vagina. When the uterus is removed by making an...
How Long Should I Pump Milk From Each Breast?
Pumping breast milk allows you to continue breastfeeding while someone else feeds your baby. You should pump milk for about 15...
How Long Does It Take To Recover From a LEEP Procedure?
LEEP is a procedure to remove cancerous tissue from the cervix, which is the lower part of the uterus located at the top of the...
How Many Days Before a Period Do You Get Discharge?
Vaginal discharge is a normal part of a woman’s menstrual cycle. Learn about vaginal discharge before a period, how many days you...
How Often Should a Woman Get a Pelvic Exam and Pap Test?
A pelvic exam and Pap test are cancer prevention screenings performed during a visit to your gynecologist to check for...
How Painful Is Colposcopy?
Colposcopy is a procedure done at the cervix (mouth of the uterus) to detect cancerous or potentially cancerous areas. A doctor...
Innie vs. Outie Vagina: Which Is More Common?
Both innie and outie vaginas are equally common, although some studies suggest that over 50% of women have outies. Both are...
Is a Bartholin’s Cyst an STD?
In rare cases, a Bartholin’s cyst may be caused by STIs such as chlamydia or gonorrhea. However, the cyst itself is not an STD....
Is Adenomyosis Serious?
Adenomyosis or uterine adenomyosis is a benign (noncancerous) condition in which the inner lining of the uterus (endometrium)...
Is Cervical Cryosurgery Painful?
Cervical cryotherapy is a medical procedure that involves freezing and destroying the abnormal tissue in the cervix (the lower...
Is Corpus Luteum Cyst a Good Sign?
A corpus luteum cyst is a type of ovarian cyst that is more likely to rupture during menstruation. Learn the signs of a corpus...
Is It My Period or Implantation Bleeding?
What is the difference between implantation bleeding and your period? Learn the symptoms and treatments for each....
Is It Normal to Have Discharge After Sex?
What is vaginal discharge? Learn the signs of vaginal discharge and what to do if you experience it....
Is It OK To Skip the 7-Day Break on the Pill?
There seems to be no additional risks associated with using the pill to suppress the seven-day break (beyond the health risks...
Is It Painful to Remove an IUD?
Removing an IUD when you aren't having complications shouldn’t take very long and shouldn’t be very painful. Most people say that...
Is My Vaginal Discharge Normal?
Vaginal discharge varies from woman to woman in color, smell, consistency and amount. It also may vary during the menstrual...
Is Ovarian Torsion an Emergency?
Ovarian torsion, also called adnexal torsion, is a medical emergency that requires surgery to untwist or remove the affected...
Is Ovulation Pain a Good Sign of Fertility?
Ovulation refers to the release of a mature egg (ovum) from the ovary into the uterine tubes. After being released, the egg moves...
Is PCOS a Serious Problem?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is not a life-threatening or dangerous condition; however, it can lead to various serious...
Is Salpingo Oophorectomy Considered Major Surgery?
Salpingo-oophorectomy is a procedure to remove the fallopian tube (salpingectomy) and ovaries (oophorectomy), which are the...
Is Vaginal Discharge Normal?
Vaginal discharge is a type of fluid that comes out from the vagina. It is normal for most women to have vaginal discharge,...
Kidney Infection in Adults
Second Source article from Government...
Klinefelter syndrome, also referred to as XXY condition, is a genetic disease. Klinefelter syndrome affects mostly males....
Can You Lose Weight While on the Birth Control Pill?
It is possible to lose weight while on the birth control pill, but every woman's body is different and reacts differently to...
What Does It Mean If I’m Having a Lot of Vaginal Discharge?
It's normal for women to have some amount of vaginal discharge. Learn more about what it can mean if you have more vaginal...
Menstrual cramps (pain in the belly and pelvic area) are experienced by women as a result of menses. Menstrual cramps are not the...
Can You Get Menstrual Cramps After Exercise Like Running?
Menstrual cramps affect many women. Learn if exercise like running can cause menstrual cramps and how you can treat them....
Menstrual Cramps and PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) Treatment
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Menstruation (Menstrual Cycle)
Menstruation (menstrual cycle) is also referred to as a "period." When a woman menstruates, the lining of the uterus is shed....
Mirena Weight Gain: Do IUDs Cause Weight Gain?
Nonhormonal IUDs generally do not cause any weight gain. Hormonal IUDs cause weight gain in about 5% of patients. As Mirena is a...
Renal osteodystrophy is a bone disease. The kidneys fail to maintain required levels of phosphorous and calcium in the blood....
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled, sac-like structures within an ovary. Symptoms of an ovarian cysts may be: Pain in the belly...
Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
Pelvic pain is described as pain, usually in the lower pelvic area. Causes of acute and chronic pelvic pain in women include...
What Are Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Symptoms?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), also known by the name Stein-Leventhal syndrome, is a hormonal problem that causes women to...
Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (POF, Premature Ovarian Failure, POI)
Primary ovarian iInsufficiency (POF, Premature Ovarian Failure, POI) is the cessation of normal functioning of the ovaries in...
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is considered a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). PMDD has also been referred...
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of physical and emotional disturbances that occur after a woman ovulates and ends...
Recovery Time for a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus. Laparoscopic hysterectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure to...
What Are the Side Effects of Having Irregular Periods?
Having irregular periods is a common issue that affects many women. Learn the side effects of having irregular periods, the...
What Are the Signs That You Need Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)?
What is hormone replacement therapy (HRT)? Learn the signs you might need hormone replacement therapy and the different types of...
Spotting vs. Period
Menstruation (a female's "period") occurs due to the shedding of the lining of the uterus. Menstrual bleeding lasts about...
What Is the Fastest Way To Get Rid of a Yeast Infection?
Learn what medical treatments can help ease your yeast infection symptoms and speed up your recovery....
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)
Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is an infection caused by Streptococcus or Staphylococcus. Toxic shock syndrome symptoms include low...
Turner syndrome is an inherited chromosomal condition affecting women. Women with Turner syndrome do not have ovarian function,...
Urinary Incontinence in Women
Millions of women suffer from urinary incontinence (UI). UI occurs twice as often in women as in men. There are many types of...
Uterine Fibroids (Benign Tumors of the Uterus)
Uterine fibroids are benign (non-cancerous) tumors in the womb (uterus). Most uterine fibroids do not cause symptoms; however, if...
Benign uterine growths are tissue enlargements of the female womb (uterus). Three types of benign uterine growths are uterine...
Normal vaginal bleeding (menorrhea) occurs through the process of menstruation. Abnormal vaginal bleeding in women who are...
Vaginal Pain (Vulvodynia)
Vulvodynia or vaginal pain, genital pain is a condition in which women have chronic vulvar pain with no known cause. There are...
Vaginitis (Inflammation of the Vagina)
Vaginitis refers to inflammation of the vagina. Vaginitis can be caused by infections, menopause, or poor hygiene. Symptoms of...
What Are 4 Types of Urinary Incontinence?
What is urinary continence? Learn the four different types, what causes them, and how to treat them....
What Are the Causes and Types of Stress Incontinence?
Incontinence is when the body involuntarily releases urine. Learn about the different types of incontinence and how to treat...
What Are Signs of Incompetent Cervix?
Here are 6 possible signs of an incompetent cervix, which include increased vaginal discharge, regular uterine cramps, and...
What Are Signs Your Period Is Coming?
Knowing the signs of a period can help you deal with your menstrual symptoms. Learn how to identify the signs of a period, know...
What Are the Different Types and Causes of Incontinence?
What is incontinence, and how do you know if you are experiencing it? Incontinence causes you to lose control of your bladder....
What Are the Benefits of Taking Estrogen?
Estrogen therapy, also known as hormone replacement therapy, is a treatment for alleviating the symptoms caused by menopausal...
What Are the Early Signs of Endometriosis?
The endometrium is the inner lining of the uterus, which changes throughout the menstrual cycle, shedding during menstrual...
What Are the Side Effects of Cesarean Delivery?
Cesarean delivery is a surgery to deliver a baby through a surgical cut (incision) on the abdomen and uterus. It is generally a...
What Are the Side Effects of Mirena?
Mirena is a hormonal intrauterine device (IUD) that consists of progestin (levonorgestrel)—similar to a hormone produced by...
What Are the Signs of Atrophic Vaginitis?
Atrophic vaginitis is a medical condition where the walls of the vagina become thinner, dryer, and inflamed. Learn more about...
What Are the Symptoms of a Moved IUD?
An intrauterine device or IUD is a popular birth control device. Symptoms of a moved IUD include being able to feel the IUD with...
What Are the Symptoms of Breast Implant Illness?
Many women report that breast implants cause the following symptoms of breast implant illness. However, the FDA lacks conclusive...
What Are the Symptoms of Low Progesterone?
Low progesterone can have different effects on women, depending on whether they are pregnant or not. Learn about symptoms and...
What Are the Types of Breast Implants?
Breast implants are U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved devices that are fitted into your breasts to enhance the...
What Can Cause Amenorrhea Other Than Pregnancy?
Amenorrhea is a common issue that affects some women even when they're not pregnant. Learn the signs of amenorrhea, what causes...
What Can Cause Pelvic Pain in a Woman?
Pelvic pain in women is a common issue. Learn the signs of pelvic pain, what can cause it, how doctors diagnose it, and what you...
What Can Spotting Before Your Period Mean?
Spotting before your period can have many causes. Find out what signs to watch for, the causes of spotting between periods, and...
What Causes Breast to Expand?
Breasts can grow in response to hormones estrogen and progesterone, as well as certain pathological conditions. Learn about what...
What Causes Cervical Ectropion?
Cervical ectropion, also called cervical erosion, is typically caused by high estrogen levels....
What Causes Cervical Polyps?
The exact cause of cervical polyps is not entirely known, however, they may result from increased levels of estrogen, cervix...
What Causes Cysts on the Ovaries?
What causes ovarian cysts? Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled pockets that grow in or on an ovary. Learn what causes ovarian cysts,...
What Causes Eating Disorders in Women?
Eating disorders are common, especially among women. Learn about what causes eating disorders and how they can be treated....
What Causes Lower Left Abdominal Pain in Women?
Causes of lower left abdominal pain in women include menstrual cramps, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy, and...
What Causes PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition that causes imbalances in the reproductive hormones in women....
What Causes Vaginal Intraepithelial Neoplasia?
Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia (VAIN) is typically caused by human papillomavirus (HPV), as well as immunosuppression and...
What Causes Vaginal Itching?
Vaginal itching can be a sign of the presence of an underlying medical condition. Find out more about vaginal itching and the...
What Causes Vaginismus?
Vaginismus is a psychological sexual condition that can affect women. Learn the signs, how it is treated, and what doctors can do...
What Causes Vault Prolapse?
Over one-third of the women in the United States have experienced some form of pelvic prolapse in their lives. Vault prolapse can...
What Chromosome Is Turner Syndrome Found On?
Turner syndrome (TS) is a hereditary disorder affecting young girls and women, caused by a missing, partially missing, or...
What Does Big Blood Clots in Period Mean?
It is normal to pass blood clots occasionally during menstruation; however, frequently passing large blood clots could be a sign...
What Does Cervical Mucus Look Like After Ovulation?
The consistency of cervical mucus fluctuates throughout the month. Learn what cervical mucus should look like during and after...
What Does Cervical Mucus Mean?
Cervical mucus is a fluid secreted by the cervix (mouth of the womb) during different stages of the menstrual cycle. Its...
What Does Chlamydia Do to a Woman?
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that poses risks for both men and women. Untreated chlamydia in women may cause...
What Does Culdocentesis Mean?
Culdocentesis is the puncture and aspiration (withdrawal) of fluid from the pouch of Douglas or rectouterine pouch. Culdocentesis...
What Does Radical Hysterectomy Mean?
Hysterectomy is a surgery for the removal of the uterus. Depending on whether there is the removal of other organs or tissues,...
What Does the Conization of Cervix Mean?
The cervix is the mouth of the uterus that opens further into the vagina. Conization or cone biopsy of the cervix is a surgical...
What Does Yellow Discharge Mean?
The vaginal discharge is the fluid secreted from the uterus, cervix (neck of the uterus) and vagina. A thick yellow vaginal...
What Exercises Can Help Vaginismus?
Learn what exercises and medical treatments can help ease your vaginismus symptoms and speed up your recovery....
What Happens After an Amniotomy?
Amniotomy or the artificial rupture of membranes (AROM) is a procedure in which the bag of water around the fetus (amniotic sac)...
What Happens If a Bartholin Abscess Bursts?
Bartholin abscess is a pocket of pus that builds up over the Bartholin glands in females. If a Bartholin abscess bursts, it may...
What Happens If Fibroids Go Untreated?
Fibroids can cause womens’ issues like excessive bleeding and infertility. Learn more about fibroids and your options for...
What Happens When Estrogen Levels Are Too High or Too Low?
Estrogen regulates various functions in the human body. Learn more about what happens when those levels get too high or too low....
What Happens If Fibroids Go Untreated?
If left untreated, uterine fibroids can increase in size and number, taking over the uterus and worsening symptoms, and cause...
What Happens When Vagina Gets Wet?
The vaginal fluid is a thin layer of fluid that lines the vaginal walls. Several factors may cause vaginal wetness; sexual...
What Happens When You Have a Hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy is a major surgery that ends up impacting a woman’s life considerably....
What Is a Colpectomy?
Colpectomy is a surgical procedure that closes the vaginal opening completely. The surgery is usually used to treat uterus...
What Is a Colpocleisis Procedure?
Colpocleisis is a surgical procedure that’s used to treat uterine prolapse in women. In prolapse, muscles of the pelvic floor...
What Is a Sacrocolpopexy Procedure?
Sacrocolpopexy is a procedure to surgically correct pelvic organ prolapse where a mesh holds the organ in the correct position...
What Is Cervical Lymphadenectomy?
Cervical lymphadenectomy is the surgical procedure to remove the lymph nodes from the neck region. Lymph nodes are small glands...
What Is Endometrial Ablation Used For?
Endometrial ablation involves surgical removal (ablation) of the lining of the uterus (endometrium) to stop or diminish heavy...
What Is Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation?
Tubal ligation or tying tubes is a permanent birth control surgical procedure for women who no longer want children. In this...
What Is Laparoscopy in Gynecology?
Laparoscopy in gynecology (gynecological laparoscopy) is a less invasive alternative to open surgery. The procedure involves...
What Is PCOS, and How Do I Know If I Have It?
The diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) can be most accurately made by a doctor who will examine you and order certain...
What Is the Best Natural Remedy for PMS?
PMS, or premenstrual syndrome, is a variety of physical and mental symptoms that women get during a menstrual cycle. The best...
What Is the Best Treatment for Cystocele?
Cystocele, or bladder prolapse, is a condition in which the bladder sags down into the vagina due to the weakening of the...
What Is the Difference Between Cystitis and UTI?
Learn the difference between cystitis and UTI and how to treat each condition....
What Is the First Treatment for Infertility?
Infertility is defined as being unable to get pregnant after 12 months of regular, unprotected sex. The first treatment for...
What Is the Ideal Average Weight for Women?
The ideal average weight for women is the one that is healthy for her. It varies amongst women as per their height. As per the...
What Is the Main Cause of Dysmenorrhea?
Dysmenorrhea or menstrual cramps occur when the uterus contracts strongly during menstruation. The contraction of the uterus aids...
What Is The Main Cause of Ovarian Cysts?
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled growths that grow on the ovary. Learn the signs of an ovarian cyst, what causes ovarian cysts, how...
What Is the Most Common Reason for a Hysterectomy?
A hysterectomy is a major operation for a woman that involves the removal of her uterus. It is the most common...
What Is the Most Effective Treatment for PCOS?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that is best treated through lifestyle changes and medications....
What Is the Normal Cycle for Menstruation?
Menstruation (menses or period or monthly) is the discharge of blood and tissue from the inner lining of the womb through the...
What Is Vault Suspension?
Vaginal vault suspension is a surgery performed to fix a vaginal wall prolapse. The surgery repairs the structures that support...
What Not to Eat When You Have PCOS?
Managing symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome requires maintaining a proper PCOS diet that includes avoiding the following foods....
What Should I Do After a Vulvar Biopsy?
A vulvar biopsy is a surgical procedure where a small piece of tissue is extracted from the vulva. A vulvar biopsy is performed...
What to Expect After a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
The first 24 hours after hysterectomy, patients may experience some vaginal bleeding that tapers off. If the bleeding seems to be...
What To Know About Vaginal Discharge?
Any fluid that comes from the vagina is called a vaginal discharge. Generally, some discharge from the vagina is a part of body...
When Can You Have a VBAC After Cesarean Delivery?
VBAC stands for vaginal birth after cesarean. If a woman has delivered a baby by Cesarean delivery and she is pregnant again, she...
When to Worry About Breast Pain
The easiest way to tell whether breast pain is something to worry about or not is to determine whether it is cyclic or noncyclic....
Why Am I Getting Brown Discharge Before My Period?
What is brown discharge and why does it sometimes happen before your period? Learn the signs of abnormal vaginal bleeding and...
Why Am I Getting Period Cramps With No Blood?
Why are you getting period cramps but no blood? Learn the causes of period cramps without blood and how to treat it....
Why Am I Having Menstrual Cramps but No Period?
Menstrual cramps may happen even without a period. Learn more about menstrual cramps without a period, when they can happen, what...
Why Are My Periods So Heavy?
Heavy periods may result from a hormonal imbalance, IUD use or as a side effect of medication. In other cases, heavy menstrual...
Why Did I Miss My Period on Birth Control?
Missed periods on birth control are a common issue that affects many women. Learn why you missed your period on birth control,...
Why Do I Have Insomnia Before My Period?
Why Do Your Breasts Get Bigger Before Your Period?
Many women may notice that their breasts become larger just before a week of menses, whereas others may not experience such...
Why Is My Period So Heavy?
Heavy periods (menorrhagia) are most commonly caused by a hormonal imbalance. However, several other factors may play a role in...
Women's health is an important topic area to guide a woman through the stages of her life, as well as knowing the conditions and...
Should I Be Worried About Pregnancy if I Used a Condom?
Condoms are a popular method of birth control. If used correctly, there's about a 2 percent risk of becoming pregnant while using...
Vaginal Yeast Infection in Women
Vaginal yeast infections in women are caused by an organism called Candida albicans. Symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection...
Yeast Infection vs. Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
Yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis (BV) both cause vaginal discharge. Yeast infection discharge is thick, white, and had a...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Women's Health: 10 Tips to Ease Menopause Symptoms
What happens during menopause? At what age do menopause symptoms start? Women in their 40s or 50s may begin to have hot flashes,...
Healthy Indulgences for Under $15 With Pictures
Isn't it time you took care of yourself? Good food, relaxation, laughter -- we offer 15 great ideas for affordable, healthy...
9 Signs of Perimenopause
Perimenopause occurs before menopause as estrogen levels begin to change. This can cause menopause like symptoms such as hot...
ADHD: ADHD in Women and Girls
Women and girls have ADHD, but the signs may be more subtle. WebMD tells you how it may present itself in females....
Best Hairstyles for Your Hair Type With Pictures
Look and find out which hairstyle will work best with your type of hair. Whether your hair is curly or straight, stringy or...
Birth Control Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
What is the best form of birth control? Take this quiz to find out about hormonal, surgical, barrier, and natural methods!...
Picture of Breast Anatomy
The breast refers to the front of the chest or, more specifically, to the mammary gland. See a picture of Breast Anatomy and...
Your Health: Conditions That Affect Men and Women Differently
Find out how symptoms and outcomes of certain conditions may vary based on your sex....
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
What Is Endometriosis? Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
What is endometriosis? Endometriosis is an abnormal growth of endometrial cells found in the uterus. Not to be confused with...
Endometriosis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Endometriosis is a common gynecological condition. Take this quiz to learn what happens when a woman has endometriosis as well as...
Women’s Hair Loss: Causes, Treatments, and Solutions
Hair loss in women has many causes. Menopause is one cause of hair loss in women over 50. Hormones, medications, and stress are...
What Foods Make PMS Worse?
Can foods make premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms worse? Discover the six major foods you need to limit or avoid to ease PMS...
Picture of Fractured Spine
Fractures of the spine (vertebra) can cause severe "band-like" pain that radiates around from the back to the side of the body....
Slideshow: 25 Ways to Get Ready for Swimsuit Season
Discover 25 ways to get ready for swimsuit season. See exercises, diet tips, and other healthy beauty fixes that will motivate...
Picture of Hip Fracture
Hip fractures typically occur as a result of a fall. See a picture of Hip Fracture and learn more about the health topic....
Women's Health: 25 Hormone Imbalance Symptoms and Signs
Hormone imbalance including abnormal levels of estrogen, testosterone, cortisol, progesterone, and other hormones may lead to...
Picture of Osteoporosis
Thinning of the bones with reduction in bone mass due to depletion of calcium and bone protein. See a picture of Osteoporosis and...
Picture of Osteoporosis Progression
Bone mass (bone density) is the amount of bone present in the skeletal structure. See a picture of Osteoporosis Progression and...
Ovarian Cyst Symptoms, Types, and Treatment
What is an ovarian cyst? Ovarian cyst types vary, and they can cause many symptoms, including abdominal pain. Discover how to...
Pelvic Pain: What's Causing Your Pelvic Pain?
There are many causes of pelvic pain in women including cysts, PMS, appendicitis, and bladder infections. Pelvic pain has...
Picture of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Polcystic ovary syndrome is a condition in women characterized by irregular or no menstrual periods, acne, obesity, and excess...
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder PMDD Quiz
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) can be serious and debilitating for some women. The good news is that women do not have to...
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS): Track and Prevent Symptoms
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) can cause from mood swings, munchies, and more. Learn about the symptoms, causes and treatments of...
Puberty In Girls Quiz: Stages of Puberty
Take the Puberty In Girls Quiz to learn the myths and facts about normal adolescent growth and development for teens and tweens....
Sexual Health: The History of Birth Control
They put what where? From chastity belts to soda pop, women used some downright bizarre contraception through the ages. Check out...
Sexual Health: Other Reasons to Use Birth Control
Yes, birth control pills can help prevent pregnancy. They can also treat a variety of hormone-related issues, and they offer...
Picture of Stress Fracture
A fracture that occurs during the course of normal activity is called a minimal trauma fracture or stress fracture. See a picture...
Urinary Incontinence in Women: Types, Causes, and Treatments for Bladder Control
Urinary incontinence in women is a common problem. Overactive bladder (OAB), stress incontinence, and urge incontinence can be...
Bladder Infections: UTI Causes, Symptoms, Treatments
Urinary Tract Infections (UTI's) can happen to anyone. Learn about symptoms, causes and home remedy treatments for bladder and...
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Medication
Bladder infections can be painful and often require medical treatment. Get the latest information on urinary tract infections...
Picture of Uterine Fibroids
Uterine fibroids are benign tumors of the uterus (the womb) and the single most common indication for hysterectomy. See a picture...
What Are Uterine Fibroids? Symptoms, Treatment, Pictures
What are uterine fibroids? Who gets uterine fibroids, and how can you prevent them? Learn about uterine fibroid treatments, from...
Picture of Vagina
The vagina is an elastic, muscular canal with a soft, flexible lining that provides lubrication and sensation. See a picture of...
What Are The Side Effects of Birth Control?
Used correctly, birth control can be both safe and effective. But depending on which method you use, there could be some side...
What Causes Flushing (Hot Flashes)?
Menopause isn't the only thing that causes flushing (hot flashes). Find out what else can trigger these sudden waves of heat as...
Beauty Problems Pictures: Cellulite, Stretch Marks, and More in Pictures
Learn the connection between your appearance and health. Discover what you can do about embarrassing beauty problems from facial...
Women's Health: Signs You’re Wearing the Wrong Bra
Have back, neck, or shoulder pain? It could be your bra -- here’s why, and how to fix it....
Women's Health: Tips for Dealing With Dryness
Lots of parts of your body can become dry, especially as women get older. Find out the different causes and what you can do about...
Yeast Infection Quiz: Symptoms & Treatment
How much do you know about vaginal yeast infections? Learn the causes, symptoms, and treatments of a yeast infection with the...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- What Can I Expect After a Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy?
- Bone Density Scan
- Breast Augmentation and Implants
- Breast Self-Exam
- Can Adhesions Be Removed Laparoscopically?
- Dilation and Curettage (D and C)
- How Long Does It Take for Your Cervix To Heal After a D&C?
- Endometrial Ablation
- Endometrial Biopsy (Procedure)
- Healing Duration After a Myomectomy
- How Do You Get an Intrauterine Device?
- How Is a Fetal Scalp Electrode Attached?
- How Is Culdocentesis Done?
- How Long Does a Suction D&C Take?
- How Long Does a Vulvar Biopsy Take to Heal?
- How Much Does Fallopian Tube Surgery Cost?
- Hysteroscopy Surgery
- Is a Myomectomy a Major Surgery?
- Is Mastopexy a Major Surgery?
- Kegel Exercises for Women
- Laparoscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH)
- LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure)
- Pap Smear
- What Is a Pelvic Exam?
- How Long Does It Take To Recover From a Tubal Ligation?
- How Long Does It Take To Recover From Cystocele Repair?
- How Long Does It Take to Recover From Ovarian Cyst Removal?
- What Is the Recovery Time for Diastasis Recti Surgery?
- Is a Muscle Cut Necessary During a Submuscular Breast Augmentation?
- Douching (Vaginal Douche)
- What Is a Diagnostic Hysteroscopy?
- What Is an Endoscopic Breast Augmentation?
- What Is Operative Hysteroscopy?
- What Is Robotic Gynecologic Surgery?
- What Is Suction Dilation and Curettage?
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Bladder Infection
- Breast Discharge (Nipple Discharge)
- Breast Lumps in Women
- Breast Pain
- Cervical Dysplasia
- Changes in Skin of the Breast
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Loss in Breast Fullness
- Menstrual Cramps
- Missed Menstrual Period
- Nipple Pain
- Ovarian Cyst
- Painful Intercourse
- Peau d'Orange
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
- Premature Menopause
- Swollen Breast
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Uterine Fibroids
- Uterine Growths
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Vaginal Discharge
- Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Itching
- Vaginal Odor
- Vaginal Pain
- Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Anesthesia -- Women Wake Up Faster
- Hot Flashes: Anxiety Worsens Hot Flashes
- Ask The Experts: Women's Health
- Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment
- Birth Control Prescribed by Pharmacists
- Birth Control: The Contraceptive Patch
- Birth Control Types
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (ALCL)
- Breastfeeding -- Protection from Breast Cancer?
- Characteristics of Female Sexual Satisfaction
- What Is the Treatment for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding?
- Does Caffeine Cause Breast Cysts?
- Does Douching Cause Yeast Infections?
- Does Endometriosis Cause Infertility?
- Does PCOS Cause Weight Gain?
- Does Stress Affect Your Period?
- Does Stress Cause Yeast Infection?
- Double Reproductive Organs
- Can You Still Get Pregnant After Ectopic Pregnancy?
- What Is the Treatment for Hair Growth Caused by PCOS?
- Folic Acid: The Benefits for Women
- Is Herpes During Pregnancy Dangerous to the Baby?
- Hair Loss in Women
- Heart Disease: Antioxidant Supplements and Women
- How Long After You Get Herpes Do You See an Outbreak?
- What Causes Yeast Infections (Vaginitis)?
- Infertility Treatment: 7 Tips to Manage Stress
- Can Inhaled Steroids Cause Thrush?
- Interstitial Cystitis Signs and Symptoms
- Can Yeast Infection Cause Low Back Pain?
- Do Oral Contraceptives Always Prevent Ovarian Cysts?
- Can Oral Contraceptives Reduce Pelvic Pain?
- What Is Osteopenia?
- Osteoporosis Report - 2003 Arthritis Conference
- Osteoporosis Linked to Bone Gene
- Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment - Medications, Fluoride, Monitoring
- Osteoporosis - 2001 National Meeting Reports
- Osteoporosis - Bone Up On Estrogen...Women's Health
- Can Ovarian Cysts Be the Start of Cancer?
- Are Ovarian Cysts Dangerous?
- Painful Periods Related to Stress
- Do I Need a Pap Smear if I've Had a Hysterectomy?
- How Can I Get Pregnant With PCOD?
- Can Birth Control Pills Cure PCODS?
- Can Having Polycystic Ovaries Cause Miscarriage?
- Can You Still Retain Symptoms Of PCOD (Acne, Obesity, Etc.) After Hysterectomy?
- PMS vs. PMDD - Whats' the Difference?
- Pregnancy After Miscarriage
- The Women's Health Initiative in Perspective: The Last Straw for Estrogen Therapy?
- What Are the Risks of Endometrial Ablation?
- Is It Normal to Bleed After an Endometrial Ablation?
- How Does PCOS Affect Your Appearance?
- What Are Symptoms After A D&C Procedure?
- Can Synthroid Taken for Hypothyroidism Cause Osteoporosis?
- Infertility: Ten Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Infertility
- Thyroid Disease, Osteoporosis and Calcium
- Trying to Conceive: Clomid Questions
- Urinary Incontinence: More Common Than You Think
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Treatment
- Vacuum Assisted Breast Biopsy
- Can Vaginal Lubricants and Jellies Cause Vaginal Irritation?
- Weight Control After Pregnancy
- What Is Yeast Supposed to Look Like?
- Hysterectomy: A New Type of Hysterectomy
- What Is an Ovarian Remnant?
- Who should get a bone density test?
- Is There a Diet That Can Control or Prevent Yeast Vaginitis?
- Is Yeast Vaginitis Related to Hay Fever?
Medications & Supplements
- acyclovir, Zovirax
- Birth Control Pills (Oral Contraceptive) vs. Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone injection)
- Birth Control Pills (Oral Contraceptives) vs. Patch (Ortho Evra)
- Birth control pills (oral contraceptives) vs. Plan B (levonorgestrel)
- Boniva (ibandronate) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- calcitonin (Miacalcin)
- calcium carbonate (Caltrate 600, Os-Cal 500, Tums)
- vitexagnus castus (Chaste Tree)
- clindamycin vaginal suppository (Cleocin)
- Diclegis (doxylamine succinate and pyridoxine hydrochloride)
- Diflucan vs. itraconazole
- eflornithine (Vaniqa)
- Didronel (etidronate)
- Fyavolv (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol)
- Gardasil (HPV Vaccine)
- Boniva (ibandronate)
- levonorgestrel-releasing 5 year system - intrauterine, Mirena
- Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide acetate/norethindrone acetate)
- Metrogel (metronidazole) Side Effects, Warnings, and Interactions
- Metronidazole: Topical (Metrogel, Metrocream, Metrogel Vaginal, and Others)
- miconazole, Monistat, M-Zole, Micatin
- mifepristone (Mifeprex)
- nafarelin (Synarel)
- norethindrone/ethinyl estradiol/ferrous fumarate - oral, Estrostep Fe, Loestrin Fe
- norethindrone (Aygestin)
- norethindrone (Nor QD, Nora-BE, Ortho Micronor)
- ofloxacin (Floxin Discontinued Brand)
- Orilissa (elagolix)
- prenatal vitamins/minerals/omega-3 fatty acids - oral, CitraNatal 90 DHA, Duet DHA, M
- progesterone vaginal gel (Crinone, Endometrin)
- progesterone - intramuscular
- Rimso-50 (dimethyl sulfoxide)
- risedronate (Actonel, Atelvia)
- Side Effects of Crinone (intravaginal progesterone gel)
- Side Effects of Atelvia (risedronate)
- Side Effects of Aygestin (norethindrone)
- Side Effects of Brisdelle (paroxetine)
- Side Effects of Hemabate (carboprost)
- Side Effects of Clomid (clomiphene)
- Side Effects of Prempro (conjugated estrogens/medroxyprogesterone)
- Side Effects of Premarin Vaginal Cream (conjugated estrogens)
- Side Effects of Ditropan XL (oxybutynin)
- Side Effects of Menest (esterified estrogens)
- Side Effects of Estratest (esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone)
- Side Effects of Alora (estradiol)
- Side Effects of Cenestin (conjugated estrogens)
- Side Effects of Addyi (flibanserin)
- Side Effects of Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone)
- Side Effects of Monistat (miconazole)
- Side Effects of Mifeprex (mifepristone)
- Side Effects of Ortho Micronor (norethindrone)
- Side Effects of Pitocin (oxytocin)
- Side Effects of Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel)
- Side Effects of Premarin (conjugated estrogens)
- Side Effects of Prometrium (progesterone)
- Side Effects of Reclast (zoledronic acid)
- Side Effects of Synarel (nafarelin)
- Side Effects of Terazol (terconazole)
- Side Effects of Lysteda (tranexamic acid)
- Solosec (secnidazole)
- terconazole (Terazol, Zazole)
- Forteo (teriparatide)
- Lysteda (tranexamic acid)
- Unasyn (ampicillin and sulbactam)
Prevention & Wellness
- What Does Apple Cider Vinegar Do for a Woman's Body?
- Can You Walk Around With Kegel Balls?
- Do All Probiotics Help With BV or Yeast Infection?
- Does Your Vagina Look Different After Birth?
- How Can I Make Down There Healthy?
- How Long Do You Have to Wear a Waist Trainer to See Results?
- How Long Does It Take a Vaginal Tear to Heal?
- Is Dairy Bad for Endometriosis?
- Is It Possible to Firm Up Sagging Breasts?
- Is the Husband Stitch Legal?
- What Are the Side Effects of ParaGard?
- What Is the Best Probiotic for Women?
- What Is the Main Cause of Mastitis?
- What Is the Normal Endometrial Thickness in Women?
- What Is the Normal Uterus Position?
- What Nutrients Does a Woman Need Daily?
- What Should We Eat to Get Periods Early?
- A Woman's Guide to Reviving Sex Drive
- Pregnancy: An Expectant Dad's Guide to Pregnancy
- Assaults: Myths That Put Women at Risk
- Baby Home: Preparing the Welcoming Committee
- Baby: Find Yourself After Having a Baby
- Birth Control History
- Birth Control Options as You Age
- Birth Control: A History of Contraceptives
- Birth Control: Getting Your Tubes Tied
- Birth Control: Modern Rhythm
- Birth Control: Not Your Mother's
- Birth Control: The Today Sponge Returns
- Body Image: Building a Better Body Image
- Boniva for Osteoporosis
- Breast Pumps: The Working Mom's Friend
- Breastfeeding 9 to 5
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Breastfeeding in Public: A Mother's Rights
- Breastfeeding Problems
- Breastfeeding Research
- Breastfeeding: 7 Myths About Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding: A Mother's Dilemma
- Breastfeeding: Nature's Formula for Success
- C-Sections (Caesarian Births) Date Back To Ancient Rome
- Can the Umbilical Cord Save Lives?
- Cancer Facts, About Women
- Cancer: New Drug Deters Breast Cancer Relapses
- Caregivers: The Invisible Patient
- Centering Yourself for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Relationships: Cheating Wives: Women and Infidelity
- Child Birth: Giving Birth the Old Way
- Childbirth Complications
- Chlamydia Still #1 Sex Disease
- Chlamydia: The Facts
- Choosing a Pregnancy Practitioner
- Choosing the Right OB/Gyn
- Contraception: Emergency Contraception
- Contraceptive: Fake Contraceptive Patches Warning
- Coping With Pregnancy Food Cravings
- Covering Birth Control
- Culture Shock
- Curbing the Violence
- Dating Dangers: Love's a Minefield
- Disability Insurance and Women
- Disaster or Emergency Preparedness Plan for Women
- Domestic Violence: Abused and Pregnant
- Donating Nourishment
- Doulas: Easing Birth
- Eating (Well) for Two
- Email Health Scares
- Estrogen & Dementia, No Significant Link
- Estrogen Lotion Approved
- FDA Approves First Chewable Oral Contraceptive Tablet
- FDA Strengthens Warning on RU-486
- Fetus to Mom: You're Stressing Me Out!
- Fitness and Aging: Build a Stronger Skeleton
- Gender: Some Painstaking Differences
- Genital Herpes - On The Rise!
- Getting on a Breastfeeding Schedule
- Pregnancy: Getting Pregnant Can Be Harder Than It Looks
- Gynecological Disorders - Research
- Hair: Winterizing Your Hair Care
- He's Just Not That Into You!
- He's Positive, She's Negative: What's That Do to Baby?
- Health and the '90s Woman
- Relationships: Health Benefits of a Sincere Apology
- Health Products 'For-Women' Are They for Real?
- HELLP Syndrome...A Pregnancy Complication
- Help for Hot Flashes
- Help Wanted: More Female Ob/Gyns
- HMOSs Frugal on Infertility
- Holiday Shopping Tips
- Holiday Shopping: Is a Sale Price Your Best Deal?
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: Alternatives to HRT
- Breastfeeding: How Can You Set Up a Breastfeeding System?
- How Male and Female Brains Differ
- How to Handle Anger
- HRT: Time To Go Natural
- Impotence May Signal Other Disease
- Infertility Tests Every Aspect of a Couple's Life
- Infertility: A Tale of Two Sisters
- Infertility: It's Not My Fault
- Internet to Sex: Defining Addiction
- Is the Silence Broken?
- Is Your Nest Too Full?
- Kids Health: A Woman's Work Is Never Done
- Less Stress for Healthier Mom, Baby
- Looking for High-Quality Mammography
- Looking Good, Feeling Rotten
- Love, Romance, A Valentine's Worth Remembering
- Magic in a Makeover
- Making The Breastfeeding Decision
- Mammogram Still the Champ for Early Detection
- Mammogram: Missing the Diagnosis
- Managing Pre-Wedding Jitters
- Menopause Treatments
- Menstrual Cramps: Ending Painful Periods
- Menstrual Pain: When Your Period Signals a Problem
- Mercury in Tuna Warning & Polluting
- Milk for Your Bones?
- Miscarriage and Stillbirth Research
- Morning Sickness Misery
- Morning Sickness: Doing Battle
- Mother, May I? Late Motherhood Emerges
- Natural Childbirth Options
- New Pill, Fewer Periods
- New Rules for Winter Health & Beauty
- Marriage: Newlyweds 5 Biggest Pitfalls
- Not for Women Only
- Ob-Gyns on Trial
- Once a C, Always a C?
- Oral Contraceptives and Ovarian Cancer Risk
- Osteoporosis : New Weapons to Fight
- Osteoporosis and Men
- Osteoporosis Risk Factors
- Osteoporosis- Older Adults & Bone Loss
- Osteoporosis: Attention Men
- Osteoporosis: Building Stronger Bones
- Pain During Sex
- Pain: When It Hurts, Gender Matters
- Pap Technology
- Parenting: Gentle Discipline Tips
- Parenting: Giving Baby a Chance, Before Birth
- Parenting: Sex Education Online Help for Parent
- Parenting: Time for The 'Talk'
- Period Problems: What They Mean and When to See the Doctor
- Placenta Previa
- Planning a Family
- PMS: Signs and Symptoms
- PMS: Winning the War on PMS
- Post-Menopausal Bleeding Not Normal
- Pre-eclampsia and Eclampsia: Causes and Treatments
- Predicting Your Baby's Sex
- Pregnancy : Having a Baby? Think Yoga
- Pregnancy 101: Things Mom Never Told You
- Pregnancy at 48: What Are the Risks?
- Pregnancy Cravings: When You Gotta Have It!
- Pregnancy Disorders
- Pregnancy's Emotional Roller Coaster
- Pregnancy's Ups and Downs
- Pregnancy: A Pregnant Woman's Daily Diet
- Pregnancy: A User's Guide to Prenatal Tests
- Pregnancy: Are You Ready
- Pregnancy: Back Pain for Moms-to-Be
- Pregnancy: Beat the Heat When You're Expecting
- Pregnancy: Beware Those Cravings
- Pregnancy: Bonding With Baby Before Birth
- Pregnancy: Boning Up on Bones
- Pregnancy: Eating for 2 -- but Not Too Much
- Pregnancy: Eating Healthy for 2
- Pregnancy: Get Ready -- Baby's on the Way!
- Pregnancy: Getting Pregnant Faster
- Pregnancy: Getting Ready for Baby
- Pregnancy: Here's to Pickles and Ice Cream
- Pregnancy: Home Pregnancy Test Kit Recalled
- Pregnancy: Menu Help for Vegetarian Moms-to-be
- Pregnancy: What They Never Told You
- Pregnant and On the Road
- Pregnant Moms Getting Fishy Advice
- Pregnant Passions: Keep Intimacy Alive
- Pregnant This Summer? Beat the Heat
- Premature Births: When 'Labor Day' Comes Early
- Prenatal Testing: Amnio Alternatives
- Preparing for Parenthood With Yoga
- Prescriptions for Sexual Frustration
- Preterm Labor and Birth
- Preterm Labor and Premature Birth Research
- Pretty Thin?
- Protect Your Pregnancy Before You Conceive
- Protection During Pregnancy
- Rape Myths
- Recharge Your Love Life
- 7 Relationship Problems and How to Solve Them
- Relationships: Get Him Over His Ex
- Relief for PMS
- Reproductive Health for Women
- Saline Implants: FDA Hearing
- Sex After Hysterectomy
- Sex: Start Me Up - How to Sync Up Your Sex Life
- Sex: Ultimate Sex Diet
- Sex; Why Women Lose Interest in Sex
- Sexual Health: After the Baby's Born
- Sexual Health: Better Sex for Women?
- Sexual Infections with Depo Provera?
- Parenting: Should ER Be a Family Affair?
- Sperm Stem Cells Grown in Lab
- Spermicides for Birth Control
- Marriage: Spousal Stress
- Pregnancy: Staying Fit While Pregnant
- Stem Cell Research: Abortion Debate Clouds Future
- Stress and Gender
- Stress and the Sexes
- Summer: No More Cover-Ups
- Syphilis - P&S?
- Pregnancy: Taking Care of Your Body
- Pregnancy: Tests You Need During Pregnancy
- Infertility: The Ancient Art of Infertility Treatment
- Menopause: The Change Before 'The Change'
- Birth Control: The Future of Birth Control
- Anger: The Mad Woman in the Kitchen
- Pregnancy: The Pre-Baby Vacation
- STDs: The Scope
- Women's Health
- Pregnancy: The Vivid Dreams of Pregnant Women
- Pregnancy: The Waddle's Not So Cute Anymore
- Women: Coping
- Parenting: Too Old to Be a Mom?
- Parenting: Too Old to Parent?
- Disease: Back to the Womb
- Pregnancy: Traveling for Two: Advice for Pregnant Vacationers
- Twins: Double the Joy, Double the Jitters
- Ultrasound: A Womb With a View
- Pregnancy: Unwanted Pregnancies
- US Future Full of Fractures
- Valentine's Day: Look, Feel Better
- Vulva Pain: Finding Relief
- Happy Marriage? Be Nice, Don't Nitpick
- Viagra Alternatives: Want a Love Potion?
- Sex gets Better
- West Nile, A Pregnancy Danger?
- What Would You Do to Have a Baby?
- What's It Like in the Womb?
- What's Up With the Pill?
- Women and Body Image
- Women and Body Image: Befriending Our Bodies
- Women and Hair Loss: The Causes
- Women and Hashimotos Thyroiditis
- Women and Smoking, Killer Combination
- Women and Weight: Big Gals Just Want to Have Fun
- Women Behaving Badly?
- Women in Love
- Women Use More OTC Drugs and Dietary Supplements Than Men
- Women's Health: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women's Health: Then and Now
- Women, Epilepsy, and Sexuality
- Women, The Facts Of Life
- You Are Woman; Hear Your Friends