If you are on a diet and trying to lose weight, it can be hard to give up your favorite desserts. The good news is that you do not have to completely ignore your sweet tooth.
Here are 7 sweet dessert recipes that are lower in calories and won’t wreck your diet.
7 low-calorie dessert recipes
1. Rice pudding
Rice pudding is a satisfying dessert that is easy to make at home.
- Cinnamon sticks
- Boil cinnamon sticks in water.
- Add rice to the water and cook for 30 minutes until the rice is cooked and the water has evaporated.
- Add milk and sugar to the cooked rice and heat the mixture for another 15 mins.
- Serve warm.
2. Apple coffee cake
This delicious, moist cake that can satisfy your sweet tooth without packing on the pounds.
- Tart apples
- Dark raisins
- Vegetable oil
- Beaten egg
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine apples, sugar, raisins, and pecans in a mixing bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oil with vanilla and egg. Add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to mixture above.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes moist. Add milk if the mixture looks too thick.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
3. Strawberry banana yogurt parfait
This colorful nutritious treat with sweetness that comes from fruits instead of added sugars.
- Fat-free and sugar-free vanilla yogurt
- Graham crackers
- Fat-free whipped topping
- Wine or parfait glass
- Put 1 tablespoon of yogurt into the bottom of each 8-ounce wine or parfait glass.
- Top the yogurt with 1 tablespoon sliced bananas, 1 tablespoon sliced strawberries, and ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs.
- Repeat layers.
- Put a rounded tablespoon of fat-free whipped topping over the mixture.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
4. Tangy fruit salad
This is a great recipe that allows you to enjoy the nutritional benefits of fruits.
- Sugar-free instant pudding mix
- Nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Pineapple chunks
- Mandarin oranges
- Combine pudding mix and yogurt.
- Mix fruits in a separate bowl.
- Take out the fruit mixture and add it into the yogurt mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve chilled.
5. Summer breeze smoothie
This smoothie is a low-fat thirst quencher that also tastes delicious.
- Nonfat plain yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until you get a puree.
- Serve in glasses.
6. Energy bites
This is a highly nutritious dessert that is full of fiber and heart-healthy ingredients.
- Peanut butter
- Whole grain oats
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, and pistachios)
- Chopped dried apricots, dates, or raisins.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Mold into balls and refrigerate.
Dark chocolate and nuts
Dark chocolate is rich in fiber and healthy fats, which keep you feeling fuller for longer, so you end up eating less during the day. Opt for dark chocolate with a higher percentage of cocoa, as it means there is less added sugar. You can have it with nuts and raisins, to maximize the nutrition and add some extra protein.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
National Institute of Health. Tangy Fruit Salad. https://healthyeating.nhlbi.nih.gov/recipedetail.aspx?cId=12&rId=251
National Institute of Health. Strawberry Banana Yogurt Parfait. https://healthyeating.nhlbi.nih.gov/recipedetail.aspx?cId=12&rId=213
National Institute of Health. Fruit Skewers With Yogurt Dip. https://healthyeating.nhlbi.nih.gov/recipedetail.aspx?cId=0&rId=163
National Institute of Health. Summer Breeze Smoothie. https://healthyeating.nhlbi.nih.gov/recipedetail.aspx?cId=12&rId=223
Cleveland Clinic. Dark Chocolate Health Benefits. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/dark-chocolate-health-benefits/
Top What Sweets Are Good for Diets Related Articles
Skinny CocktailsLearn 10 low-calorie alcoholic drink recipes. See how to put your drink on a diet with these skinny mixed-drink recipes including mojitos, margaritas, daiquiris, and more.
Diet and Nutrition: Healthiest Sweet SnacksEating too much sugar can harm your heart and raise blood pressure, among other things. Click through for ideas on how to satisfy cravings without risking your health.
Food Frauds SlideshowIt may seem healthy, but is it really? Many food frauds masquerade as diet food. See 23 foods that seem healthy but can be shockingly high in fat, sugar, and calories. Our tips offer better options that still taste great.
Best Diet Tips SlideshowLearn to lose weight in a realistic way that works. Find healthy weight loss by eating right, sleeping more, understanding portion sizes. Learn how to set reasonable diet standards.
Is Weight Loss More About Diet or Exercise?Weight loss is achieved not through diet or exercise alone, but through a combination of the two. Learn about which diets and exercises can help you lose weight.
Sugar QuizSugar lurks in surprising places. Take the Sugar Quiz to learn of the many ways sugar sneaks into your diet and see what you know about sugar and artificial sweeteners!
The 10 Best Diet Plans For Weight LossDiet means a reduction in calorie intake. For the optimal management of overweight and obese patients, a combination of diet, exercise, and behavioral modifications may be helpful. Weight loss is directly related to the difference between the individual’s energy intake and energy expenditure.
What Dessert Is the Healthiest?Probably a bowl of freshly cut fruits would be the healthiest and low-fat dessert.
What Is the Number One Diet?As per recent survey and analysis, research has confirmed that Mediterranean diet is the number one diet. As per research, people living in countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea live longer and are at low risk of cancer or cardiovascular ailments than other people.