According to research and evidence, industrial ear piercing is considered the most painful ear piercing. In industrial ear piercing, double piercing takes place, one is on the upper ear helix and another is on the opposite side of the ear. A single piece of jewelry connects both holes. Industrial piercing is most painful since it involves two parts of cartilage. This makes it much more painful and takes more time to heal. However, it is the most stylish form of ear piercing. Although there is a consensus on pain scales in piercings, the true answer is that everyone's experience of pain is completely different. For some, a piercing won't hurt at all and will actually feel like a bit of a relief. Many people report the piercing tools (such as a clamp) are more uncomfortable than the piercing itself. For others, a piercing might be one of the most painful pinches they might have ever experienced.
How to take care of the wound after piercing
Ear piercing should be done by a professional to avoid any unwanted infections. A few common tips a person should follow after ear piercing are
- A piercing is like an open wound. Washing hands before touching the piercing stops unnecessary bacteria and germs from entering the area.
- The main aftercare tip is to keep the pierced area clean. Keeping it clean can prevent infection, avoid keloids and create a smoother healing process. It can be done by performing a saltwater soak over the pierced area. This facilitates healing and can rid the piercing of any debris or crust.
- Don’t use alcohol or peroxide. These two products can dry out the area and potentially kill new, healthy cells. This slows the healing process instead of helping the ear repair itself.
- With a new piece of bling in the ear, it can be tempting to want to move it around or play with it. Resist this as fingers carry a lot of germs on them that could infect the piercing. It should only be touched while cleaning the area.
- Do not use any ointments until directed by the physician in case you see any signs of infections. Even though it is technically a wound, this could cause more harm than good. This can clog the area and prevent oxygen from reaching where it is needed. In addition, creams can trap dirt in and around the healing piercing, inviting infection.
When will my ear piercing heal?
The recovery period after ear piercing may vary with people and depends on a the site of piercing, age, comorbidities, etc. The healing time also depends on the area pierced (lobe or cartilage). Lobe piercings take around four to six weeks to heal, whereas cartilage piercings can take anywhere from 3 to 12 months. It takes so long is because there is decreased blood flow in the cartilage area, which causes piercings there to heal from the outside in.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
WebMD. What You Should Know About Ear Piercing. https://www.webmd.com/beauty/ear-piercing-what-you-should-know#1
Top What Is the Most Painful Ear Piercing? Related Articles
Anti-Aging SkincareSome of the most important tricks in the fight against aging come down to the basics. Learn how washing and moisturizing your skin and other skin care can help you age more gracefully.
How Bad Do Conch Piercings Hurt?Conch (medically known as “concha”) piercings are painful. Because each person has a different tolerance level, how much it hurts depends upon person to person. Some feel more pain than others.
How Bad Do Lip Piercings Hurt?It depends on pain tolerance, and pain tolerance differs with everyone. The skin on and around the lips is more sensitive as compared to the skin over the ears or nose. Hence, the piercing will hurt more than ear piercing but it lasts only for a few moments.
How Bad Do Rook Piercings Hurt?Rook piercings can be painful because they target the thickest and hardest tissue that doesn’t pierce as easily as soft earlobes. The rook is a fold of cartilage, which means there is even thicker tissue to pass through compared to other locations, such as the top of the ear.
How Can I Make My Face Glow Naturally? 15 Skincare TipsEach of us secretly desires a glowing face. It is not surprising that the market is flooded with cosmetics claiming to make your skin glow. Healthy and glowing skin is not an overnight effect but a result of daily persistent efforts.
How Do I Start a Skincare Routine?To start a skin routine, it is essential to know the type of your skin. It is also necessary to know what suits your skin the best. Based on these, one can formulate a good skincare routine. Include plenty of fresh fruits, complex carbs (muesli, oats, millets), and nuts in your diet for healthy skin.
Is a Tragus Piercing Painful?The tragus is the tongue-like projection of the outer ear and consists of a thin layer of flexible cartilage. The tragus does not have as many nerves as other parts of the ear. Hence, tragus piercing is the least painful as compared to other ear piercings. However, the tragus cartilage is difficult to pierce than regular flesh, which would require the piercer to exert a little more pressure than for other piercings.
What Is the Most Popular Ear Piercing?Ear piercing is a popular practice all over the world. Techniques for ear piercing range from the traditional needle heated over a flame and sterilized to using a modern-day ear-piercing gun. For a long time, the most popular or rather common ear piercing has been the ear lobe.