13 Home remedies for hair treatment
Hair loss is one of the most common problems faced by everyone. There could be many causes of hair loss that include dietary deficiency, medications, stress, pollution, and genetics. The following lists some of the 13 best homemade hair treatments:
- Regular hair washing is a part of preventing hair loss by keeping hair and scalp clean. It may lower the risk of follicle infections and dandruff. Also, clean hair gives the impression of more volume.
- Regularly massaging the scalp with essential oils like peppermint oil may keep hair follicles active. Essential oils may include lavender, almond, or sesame oil.
- Coconut oil application to the hair and washing it off after 3 hours stimulates the dormant hair follicles and strengthens the hair shaft.
- A diet rich in eggs, nuts, fish, and vitamins translates to healthy hair.
- Hydration: The hair shaft comprises one-quarter water, so drinking at least four to eight cups of water in a day and staying hydrated can improve hair growth.
- Research has shown that massaging green tea extract into hair may help curb hair loss. Brew two bags of green tea in one cup of water, leave to cool, and thereafter, apply it to the hair. Rinse the hair thoroughly after an hour. This may be practiced regularly for a week to 10 days.
- Biotin: Biotin, also known as Vitamin H, is one of the B complex vitamins that help our body convert food into energy. Studies suggest that including biotin-rich food in your diet or taking a biotin supplement may slow hair loss. If you are dealing with hair fall problems, then include biotin-rich foods like nuts, sweet potatoes, eggs, onions, and oats in your diet.
- Massaging the dry hair from roots to tips with a mixture of honey and yogurt is one of the best homemade treatments. After the massage, leave the hair for 15-20 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water and shampoo. This helps the frizzy hair.
- Mash or blend avocado, banana, and olive oil together, apply it on dry hair leave in for at least 30 minutes before washing it with shampoo and diluted apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is great as a natural rinse. It not only makes your hair smoother but it also makes it easier to detangle, meaning less breakage.
- Applying a mixture of diluted apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and honey on hair is also considered a beneficial treatment because it decreases unwanted oil traces from the scalp.
- Make a blend of egg whites, almond milk, and coconut oil and apply it to dry hair, and wash it after 15 to 30 minutes. This homemade formula helps rejuvenate damaged hair. Coconut oil is an excellent conditioner that works wonders with extended use. It contains fatty acids with penetrative properties that help nourish and condition hair from deep within.
- A mixture of aloe vera, olive oil, and egg yolk can plump up thin and lifeless strands after a good massage and shampoo wash. An egg yolk can be extremely hydrating as it contains fats. The yolk promotes hair growth, helping preserve and rejuvenate damaged hair.
- Shea butter is a conditioner, moisturizer, and healing agent for the scalp. It’s made from the west African shea nut and is excellent for helping to control hair loss. Shea butter works well on curly hair; it tames frizzy hair and reduces split ends. It protects and hydrates damaged hair too.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Top What Is the Best Homemade Hair Treatment? Related Articles
Effective Ways to Stop Hair Loss in MenHair loss is one of the common problems in men. There could be many causes of hair loss that include diet, mineral deficiency, medications, stress, pollution, and genetics.
Are Widow’s Peaks Attractive?Widow’s peak refers to the V-shaped arrangement of your hairline in the center of your forehead. Widow's peaks can look really attractive.
Do Hair Transplants Really Work?A hair transplant is a procedure in which there is the removal of small pieces (punch grafts) of tissue from the hair-bearing scalp. This is called a donor area, and it is cut into smaller pieces to place these on a bald or thinning area of the scalp.
15 Gray Hair Causes and FixesWhat causes gray hair, and what does it say about your health? Is it stress? Genetics? Medications? Learn how to remove gray hair, why some people go gray sooner than others, and find what hairstyles and dyes help you look younger. When you want to show off your natural gray, discover what shampoo gives you a shiny, silver look.
Hair Loss (Alopecia)There are many causes of scalp hair loss. This featured article covers the common ones such as patchy hair loss (alopecia areata, trichotillomania, and tinea capitis), telogen effluvium, and androgenetic alopecia (male-pattern baldness, female-pattern baldness).
Hair Loss: Alopecia, Thinning Hair in Men and WomenLearn about hair loss (alopecia) in women and men. Discover hair loss causes and treatments like shampoos and drugs, as well as how to prevent hair loss.
Hair Loss QuizTrue or false: Genetic hair loss comes from the mother's side of the family. Take the Hair Loss Quiz to learn about your hair. Learn what damages hair and what doesn't. Take the quiz!
Hair RemovalThere are many different types of hair removal: shaving, plucking, waxing, depilation, laser hair removal, oral medications, and electrolysis. Laser hair removal is one of the longest-lasting methods of hair removal. Unfortunately, no hair-removal technique is permanent when it comes to getting rid of unwanted hair.
How Can I Get Healthy Hair Naturally?Hair has always been a significant aspect of beauty standards. Luscious and shiny locks have been considered ideal beauty for ages. Have you always dreamt of having that bouncy and voluminous hair seen in the advertisements? If so, this dream can turn into reality by following a proper hair care routine.
How Can I Make My Hair Soft and Silky?The signs of healthy hair include thick, soft, and shiny hair. Having silky hair is something not every person is born with. Your hair may become dry and brittle if your diet is not healthy or if you use hair products that are not meant for your hair type.
Is Hair Transplant Permanent?Yes. The main advantage of a hair transplant is that it is a permanent procedure. The long-term outcome of a hair transplant is subject to certain conditions.
Is It Safe to Bleach Already Bleached Hair?Oxidized melanin loses its color, making the hair look lighter. Bleaching significantly damages your hair. Whether you should rebleach your bleached hair depends on the health of your hair before and after bleaching.
19 Health Problems in Men: Snoring, Hair Loss, and MoreWhat are the biggest body health issues that plague men? Most men struggle with belly fat, back hair, sweating, erectile dysfunction, hair loss, body odor, or bad breath at some point. Get tips on dealing with male body problems and the prevention of common issues in men's health.
Surprising Reasons Your Hair Is Falling OutSeeing clumps of hair in your brush every time you groom your tresses? Find out what might be behind your locks loss.
What Are the Four Types of Hair?Hair type and texture are determined by several factors including genetics. There are four main types of hair texture: Type 1 - straight, Type 2 - wavy, Type 3 - curly and Type 4 - tightly curled.