Neem oil is extracted from the neem tree. It is very beneficial for both skin and hair health. It is used as a medicine for some skin diseases. Antiseptic properties of neem add immense value to various products such as medicines and beauty and cosmetic products. It is also used in pesticides and as a natural insect repellent. Neem oil has countless benefits. Here are some of the benefits:
Hair benefits: There are many ways in which we can use neem oil for hair.
- High in fat content, neem oil improves the quality of your hair.
- Use neem oil if your scalp is dry because it nourishes the scalp, and its antifungal agents help treat dandruff.
- Adding a few drops of neem oil to your hair can help with an itchy scalp.
- Using neem oil can help you have a healthier scalp and in turn more robust locks.
- Neem oil also helps with hair loss and is used for treating lice.
- Because of its antioxidant properties, neem oil can even help treat scalp psoriasis.
- Neem oil works on acne and boils.
- It is often added to the bathwater of kids who are recovering from viral rashes.
- It is believed to delay the aging of the skin and early skin wrinkling.
- Apart from this, organic neem oil can be used to heal wounds, hike up the production of collagen in your skin, and even reduce stubborn scars.
- Using some organic neem oil reduces the risk of warts appearing on your skin.
- Using organic neem oil fastens the wound-healing process. It helps you get clearer, smooth skin that glows naturally without artificial ingredients.
- Bed bugs can be annoying and uncomfortable to deal with. Neem oil is a major tool that can help control bed bugs.
- Neem is a natural insecticide, which means it will not cause harm to your skin but in return will add benefits of shooing away unwanted bugs.
- Although you may be unable to get rid of insects completely, a regular application can reduce such pests.
- Mosquitoes do not approach the oil. Therefore, it can be sprayed or dabbed on hems of clothes.
- Mixing neem oil with coconut oil and then applying it all over the skin can help you repel mosquitoes for up to 12 hours.
- Neem oil restricts the grounds for mosquito breeding by repelling them with its odor and effect. Adding neem oil to water containers in mosquito-infested areas discourages mosquitoes from breeding in that area.
- Use neem oil, an exceptional repellent, for common garden bugs such as locusts beetles, mites, nematodes, and caterpillars.
- Neem oil is a perfect repellent for termites, ants, and cockroaches.
- Neem provides health benefits through its blood-purifying properties, which can aid recovery from infections and acne.
- Research has found neem to possess antibacterial and antiviral properties. Neem has also been studied as a possible treatment for several forms of cancer, including breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, and prostate cancer, and as a treatment for snake venom.
- Neem oil is used in many pet care products to prevent pets from dangerous skin diseases. It can be sprayed in the areas where pets spend maximum time to prevent them from contracting infections and skin problems.
- Neem oil on the skin can work wonders. Beauty cosmetics and skin care product manufacturers often include neem oil in their merchandise in the form of essential oil. Uses of neem tree oil take a predominant place in aromatherapy products to reduce stress and restore mental wellness.
- The natural medicinal value of neem is the reason it is used in manufacturing medicines that treat ailments such as digestive problems, a blood disorder, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Neem oil is an extremely effective oral remedy for all dental problems. Be it bleeding gums, toothache, or foul breath, the antiseptic properties of neem are proven to keep gums and teeth healthy. Many dental care products include neem oil as a major ingredient for this same purpose.
- Neem has the ability to prevent pregnancy in women. It works both before and after sex, although, as a preventative, some purified extracts have only worked before sex. From ancient times, neem oil is considered an effective form of birth control. When tested on human sperms, 1000 mg neem extract (sodium nimbidinate) killed all sperms in 5 minutes. However, the condom is still the best contraception recommended to date.
- Many companies mix neem oil in their products for neem oil benefits. Neem oil for acne is good but given in wrong concentrations, it might end up harming your skin. Even when you know that you can use neem oil for acne, consider consulting a doctor beforehand to ensure the dosage level.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Top What Is Neem Oil Used For? Related Articles
Healthy and Beauty: The Benefits of Natural OilsWebMD lists the beauty benefits of natural oils like coconut and castor to your hair, skin, and nails.
What Is Mineral Oil Good For?Mineral oil is a clear, colorless, and odorless liquid obtained from highly refined, purified, and processed petroleum.
What Is Thieves Essential Oil Good For?Essential oils have been in use for centuries. They have been hailed not only for their pleasant aroma but also for their potential benefits in boosting physical, mental, and emotional well-being. One such essential oil, called thieves oil, has been popular for ages for its multi-faceted benefits.