What is a mesomorph body type?
Most individuals have a body build or structure that can be roughly categorized as ectomorphic, endomorphic, or mesomorphic.
The classification is based on bone structure and genetically determined muscle mass.
People with mesomorph body types are typically strong and solid and not overweight or underweight.
- These people never really have to work out or eat super well, but they always seem to be in great shape.
- They have a medium bone structure and an athletic-looking body. This means such individuals are well-proportioned with broader shoulders and a narrow waist.
- The core characteristic of a mesomorph body type is a muscular and moderate frame.
- Mostly, a mesomorph has a low body-fat level, being one of the best for bodybuilding, and this body type can lose or gain weight with little to no effort.
- The mesomorph body type finds it extremely simple to build muscle and lose fat compared to other body types.
However, if a mesomorph slips into a sedentary lifestyle or eating a high-fat or high-calorie diet, they may gain weight quite easily.
- Doctors recommend mesomorphs to add in regular cardio training for a healthy body. They should do 30 to 45 minutes of cardio such as running, swimming or cycling three to five times throughout the week, which suits them well.
- Keep in mind that although a mesomorph body type is prone to build muscle, it is always best to concentrate on eating a healthy diet and doing regular cardio workouts. This will allow them to remain lean and slim.
A person with a mesomorph body type needs to pay special attention to their diet.
- This body type needs to pay special attention to their diet. This means that a correct meal plan should feature equal amounts of protein and fat.
- The best meal plan for a mesomorph consists of one-third protein, one-third vegetables and one-third whole grains or healthy fats.
- Specialists say that having limited amounts of protein in each meal can aid with muscle repair and building after a workout. The best protein sources are eggs, chicken, turkey, fish or beans.
The mesomorph body type is athletic, and both weight and cardio training benefit the body form. Still, despite their impressive appearance and abilities, it is always best not to overlook the dietary requirements for such body type. Mesomorphs are naturally strong, they do need a correct nutritional intake to attain the best health.
What are the other body types?
Body types are hereditary traits based on one’s skeletal frame and body composition. Understanding the bone structure and fat/muscle distribution will help us reach physique goals.
Ectomorph: This body type is thin, usually tall and lanky. Individuals have a sturdy, rounder bone structure: wider hips, stocky limbs and a barrel-shaped rib cage.
- They struggle to gain weight no matter how many carbs or fats they eat.
- They usually have a lean build with long limbs and small muscles.
- To gain weight naturally, they must load up on carbs and high-calorie foods.
- Most of their calories should come from carbs and at least 25 percent from protein if they want to build muscles.
- It is also important to indulge in high-intensity interval training and eat something small every two hours. They must be sure to take in all nutrients and gain muscle as well.
Endomorph: If an individual finds it ridiculously tough to shed fat, then they probably have an endomorphic body type. They tend to gain weight faster, however, they look curvy. Individuals usually look broader and have a more triangular bone structure: narrower hips and broader shoulders.
- They usually have narrow shoulders, wide hips and shorter limbs. While they have a larger muscle mass, they also have a higher fat percentage because they are predisposed to storing fat rather than building muscles.
- They store excess weight in their thighs, buttocks and hips giving them a pear-shaped appearance. The best way for an endomorph to lose weight is through a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise.
- Start by cutting down carbs to only 30 percent.The other 70 percent should be divided into protein and good fats.
- Cardio is the best form of exercise because it ensures that the body does not revert to fat-storing stages.
- They can also do high-intensity interval training and cross-training to build muscles.
- Their main goal should not be to lose weight but to boost their metabolism and prevent it from turning calories into fat.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Top What Is a Mesomorph Body Type Related Articles
30 Ways to Lose Weight NaturallyOne can lose weight naturally and safely, but it is important to adhere to a strict diet plan, exercise regime, and lifestyle modifications. It’s normal for anyone trying to lose weight to want to lose weight very quickly, which is often an unrealistic goal. It is important to set realistic goals and achieve healthy weight loss. Healthy weight loss is losing weight gradually and steadily (around one to two pounds per week).
What's Your Body Type: Ectomorph, Endomorph or Mesomorph?Body types or somatotypes are hereditary traits based on your skeletal frame (bone structure and density) and body composition (muscle and fat mass). Understanding bone structure and fat/muscle distribution can help you reach your fitness goals.
How Many Calories Should I Eat for My Height and Weight?Estimates for the average calorie requirement of a person are based on the estimated energy requirements or EER equations. These equations use reference heights (average) and reference weights (healthy) for each age-sex group. They do not provide the estimates for special situations, such as pregnancy and lactation or other health conditions.
Best Diet Tips SlideshowLearn to lose weight in a realistic way that works. Find healthy weight loss by eating right, sleeping more, understanding portion sizes. Learn how to set reasonable diet standards.
Cut Daily CaloriesWhen you want to lose weight, you’ll probably need to find a way to eat fewer calories. Try these tips to trim them from your diet without feeling hungry all the time.
Diet and Weight Loss: Reasons You're Not Losing Belly FatIf you're trying to lose belly fat but can't, there's probably a reason.
How Can I Lose Weight in 7 Days at Home?Losing weight in a short time requires patience and discipline. You need to bring about some major changes in your diet and practice regular exercises to shed off a few pounds in a week. Ideally, one should aim to lose a pound per week.
How Much Should I Weight for My Height and Age?Knowing one’s ideal weight and current weight is important. Being overweight or underweight may lead to various health issues.
Surprising Causes of Weight GainThere are many reasons for sudden weight gain when there are no changes in diet or exercise. Learn to identify the cause of your sudden weight gain.
Weight Loss QuizAre you trying to lose weight? Take this quiz to see what you can add to routine to get on the right track for results!
What Can I Use to Gain Weight Fast?Weight gain or ‘putting on’ body weight should be done healthily and safely. Bodyweight can increase when there is an increase in muscle mass, fat deposits, or accumulation of excess body fluids. There is no fast way to gain weight. Weight gain takes time, and it should be resorted to without taking shortcuts like binging on junk food.