The average for males is considered to be 5.8 feet or 177 cm. Factors that may influence your height include the following:
DNA: Your genetic make-up influences your height, growth plates, and hormones.
Hormones: Your pituitary gland produces growth hormones, and your thyroid gland produces thyroid hormones, all of which direct growth plates to make new bones.
Sex: Males are normally taller than females. However, girls have a growth spurt far sooner than males, usually about the age of 12.5 years.
|Body weight||Ideal height|
|117 to 143 lbs||5’4”|
|122 to 150 lbs||5’5”|
|128 to 156 lbs||5’6”|
|133 to 163 lbs||5’7”|
|139 to 169 lbs||5’8”|
|144 to 176 lbs||5’9”|
|149 to 183 lbs||5’10”|
|155 to 189 lbs||5’11”|
|160 to 196 lbs||6’0”|
|166 to 202 lbs||6’1”|
|171 to 209 lbs||6’2”|
|176 to 216 lbs||6’3”|
|182 to 222 lbs||6’4”|
What is the most attractive height for men?
Surveys of women on their height preferences for the opposite sex confirm that women generally tend to prefer taller men. However, height preferences vary greatly from person to person.
- Prefers women who are about 5’6”
- Considers 4’11” or shorter too short and 6’0” or taller too tall
- Prefers men who are about 5’11”
- Considers 5’4” or shorter is too short and over 6’3” is too tall
- Women of about 5’7” and shorter consider the ideal height of a man to be 5’11”
- Women taller than 5’8” consider the ideal male height to be taller than 6’1”
Many people do not have a height preference, however, and feel that there is no such thing as being too short or too tall.
4 stretching exercises to help with growth
1. Forward bend
- Stand upright with your arms straight up.
- Without bending your knees, gently lower your hands until they touch your toes.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times a day.
2. Bar hanging
- Use a solid, powerful bar 7 feet above the ground.
- Stand straight with your arms straight up and hang from the bar, using your upper body muscles.
- Hold this position for 20 seconds.
- Repeat 3-4 times a day.
3. Cobra stretch
- Lay down on your stomach, with your legs extended.
- Take a deep breath and lift your chest and abdomen, putting your weight on your palms.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds before slowly exhaling.
- Do this 4-5 times a day.
4. Wall stretch
- Begin by facing a wall and placing your hands flat on it.
- Place your right leg forward with your heel flat and knees slightly bent.
- Next, extend your left leg as far back as possible and rest against the wall
- Each stretch should last between 15-30 seconds.
WorldData.info. Average height and weight by country. https://www.worlddata.info/average-bodyheight.php
NCD Risk Factor Collaboration (NCD-RisC) (2016) A century of trends in adult human height. eLife. 2016. 5:e13410. https://elifesciences.org/articles/13410
Society for Endocrinology. Growth and height. https://www.yourhormones.info/topical-issues/growth-and-height/
Top What Is a Good Height for a Man Related Articles
How Many Calories Should I Eat for My Height and Weight?Estimates for the average calorie requirement of a person are based on the estimated energy requirements or EER equations. These equations use reference heights (average) and reference weights (healthy) for each age-sex group. They do not provide the estimates for special situations, such as pregnancy and lactation or other health conditions.
How Much Should I Weight for My Height and Age?Knowing one’s ideal weight and current weight is important. Being overweight or underweight may lead to various health issues.
How Height Impacts HealthDoes being tall protect you from glaucoma? Are short people less likely to get cancer? Learn how taller men and women compare to shorter ones on health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, stroke, blood clots, slips and falls, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, pregnancy, pregnancy, glaucoma, and other serious health conditions.
Men's HealthMen's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress, and knowing when to have medical tests for a particular age is key to disease prevention in men.
Men's Health: Guys, Don't Make These 10 Health MistakesAre you making these common mistakes when it comes to your health? WebMD shows you how to be smartwer when it comes to seeing the doctor
Natural Ways to Boost TestosteroneFind out from WebMD what you can do to raise your testosterone levels naturally, including changes to your diet and lifestyle.
Men's Health: What Foods Should Men Eat for Good Health?What foods have the most health benefits for men? For losing weight, gaining muscle, and lowering your risk of prostate cancer, check out these healthy foods. Choosing a diet focused on whole grains, fruits, and a variety of vegetables can lead to a longer life, fewer health problems, and a trim waistline. Learn more about the health advantages of various foods for guys.