The ketogenic, or keto, diet is a strict, low-carb, moderate-protein, and high-fat diet plan that helps people lose weight, cleanse their bodies of extra sugars, and improve their overall health. The first week of your ketogenic diet plan, eat less than 50 grams of carbohydrates daily. Read more: What Do You Eat in the First Week of Your Keto (Ketogenic) Diet Plan? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Related Disease Conditions
Top 11 Signs You Are in Ketosis
Ketosis is defined as a natural metabolic process that involves the production of energy from the breakdown of fat into ketone bodies. Signs that suggest you are in ketosis include fatigue, bad breath, dry mouth, weight loss, flu-like symptoms and decreased hunger and thirst.
Can You Tell by Your Urine if You Are in Ketosis?
You can tell by your urine that you are in ketosis using over-the-counter urine ketone testing kits, which are an inexpensive and convenient way to check ketone levels.
What Does High Ketones in Blood Mean?
If you have diabetes, high ketone levels in your blood or urine could mean that you have diabetic ketoacidosis, which can be life-threatening. But healthy people on a keto diet may also have high ketone levels but without any significant problems.
What Should I Do If I Have Ketones in My Urine?
If your urine reports show moderate or high levels of ketones, consult your doctor right away.
Are Shirataki Noodles Keto Friendly?
Shirataki noodles are made from konjac yam, they are translucent noodles, and are high in glucomannan fiber. Shirataki is Japanese for “white waterfall,” which describes the lucid appearance of the noodles. Glucomannan fiber is a type of soluble fiber that comes from the root of the konjac plant.
Why Are Ketones Bad?
Ketones, also called ketone bodies or keto acids, are a type of water-soluble compound produced from the fat breakdown in the body. Although ketones are a normal product of metabolism, they may be produced in excess in certain situations, such as diabetes.
Prevention & Wellness
- Is It Safe to Drink Ketones?
- Do Ketones Mean You're Burning Fat?
- How Long Does It Take to Lose Weight in Ketosis?
- How Many Carbs Will Disrupt Ketosis?
- Ketogenic Diet (Keto Diet)
- What Can I Eat on a Keto Diet?
- Can You Eat Tomatoes on the Keto Diet?
- Is It Good for Your Body to Be in Ketosis?
- Are Ketones Good or Bad?
- What Are the Symptoms of Ketosis Flu?
- Does Intermittent Fasting Work Well With Keto?
- Is Maltitol OK on Keto and How Much Maltitol Will Kick You Out of Ketosis?
- Can You Be on a Keto Diet and Not Lose Weight?
- Is Ketosis Good for High Cholesterol?
- Are Mushrooms High in Carbs and Are They Okay for Keto?
- What Milks Are Allowed and OK on a Keto Diet?
- What Is Keto Cycling and How Do You Do It?
- Keto Egg Fast Diet Rules, Benefits, Risks, and Sample Recipes
- What Is a Refeed Day? Is It Good if I Have One, and Will I Gain Fat?
- How Do I Start a Keto (Ketogenic) Diet for Beginners?
- Can You Eat Peanut Butter on a Low-Carb, Keto-Friendly Diet?
- Paleo vs. Keto Diet
- Which Cheeses Are Lowest in Carbs and Is It OK To Eat on Keto Diet?
- What Are the Best Foods to Eat and Not Eat on a Ketogeneic (Keto) Diet?
- When You're on a Keto Diet, What Drinks Are Considered Keto-Friendly? (14+)