Probably a bowl of freshly cut fruits would be the healthiest and low-fat dessert. To prepare a bowl of fresh fruits, you can follow this recipe:
- Cut some strawberries, pear, apple, and other fruits of your choice and put them in a bowl.
- Dress it up with a swirl of honey.
- A small cube of cheese also works well with pears and apples.
Another alternative to the fruit bowl includes:
- Cut raspberries and blueberries.
- Add them to a bowl.
- Add low-fat yogurt to your bowl.
- You can also add nuts to garnish the fruit bowl.
The right indulgence of desserts can energize your body and mind. Besides, pumpkin pie or dark chocolate would add vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber to your diet.
What are the different options for a healthy dessert?
Here is a list of tasty, healthy desserts that can satisfy your sweet tooth:
- Honey over pear
- Paleo strawberry crumble
- Carrot cake
- Oatmeal cookie
- Dark chocolate, banana, and peanut butter smoothie
- A small portion of walnut, almond, pistachio drizzled with honey
- Cranberry-almond breakfast cereal
- Yogurt with honey
- No-bake chocolate, cherry, oats bar
- Grilled fruit kebabs with low-fat yogurt
- Apple cinnamon baked oatmeal
- Poached pears with caramel sauce
- Roasted honey and cinnamon peaches
- Homemade ice cream made from frozen bananas without added sugar
- Chocolate, peanut butter, and avocado pudding
- Whole wheat chocolate chip cookie
- Two-ingredient ice cream: banana and peanut butter
Why shouldn’t you completely cut out desserts?
If you are following a strict diet and want to avoid desserts, then you should know this:
- Too much denial of desserts can lead to bingeing.
- Desserts can lead to instant mood elevation.
- Desserts help in weight loss as the person has fewer cravings.
- Desserts offer a convenient option to include more fruits in your diet.
- Never overdo desserts, and be mindful of the portion size that you have.
- Desserts can eliminate the side effects of dieting, such as irritability.
What are some essential points for consideration while having desserts?
It is vital to adopt some lifestyle changes to accommodate the occasional dessert and overindulgence in candy, which include:
- Reduce portion size: It is desirable to halve everything on the plate.
- Don’t eat sweets or drink sweetened beverages on an empty stomach.
- Never have sweet desserts after a wholesome meal containing complex carbohydrates.
- Avoid eating sweets in the afternoon and evening.
- Never substitute meals with sweet snacks.
- Do not eat sweets and sugary drinks before a workout.
- Eat sweets slowly, wait until the chocolate melts in your mouth.
- Chew every bite and let it linger on the tongue.
- Exercise: Experts recommend walking 10,000 steps each day to stay fit.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
U.S. Department of Agriculture. Desserts. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/564953/nutrients
WebMD. When It Comes to Sweets, Never Say Never. https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/when-it-comes-to-sweets-never-say-never#2
Top What Dessert Is the Healthiest? Related Articles
Common Medical Abbreviations & Terms
Doctors, pharmacists, and other health-care professionals use abbreviations, acronyms, and other terminology for instructions and information in regard to a patient's health condition, prescription drugs they are to take, or medical procedures that have been ordered. There is no approved this list of common medical abbreviations, acronyms, and terminology used by doctors and other health- care professionals. You can use this list of medical abbreviations and acronyms written by our doctors the next time you can't understand what is on your prescription package, blood test results, or medical procedure orders. Examples include:
- ANED: Alive no evidence of disease. The patient arrived in the ER alive with no evidence of disease.
- ARF: Acute renal (kidney) failure
- cap: Capsule.
- CPAP: Continuous positive airway pressure. A treatment for sleep apnea.
- DJD: Degenerative joint disease. Another term for osteoarthritis.
- DM: Diabetes mellitus. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- HA: Headache
- IBD: Inflammatory bowel disease. A name for two disorders of the gastrointestinal (BI) tract, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- JT: Joint
- N/V: Nausea or vomiting.
- p.o.: By mouth. From the Latin terminology per os.
- q.i.d.: Four times daily. As in taking a medicine four times daily.
- RA: Rheumatoid arthritis
- SOB: Shortness of breath.
- T: Temperature. Temperature is recorded as part of the physical examination. It is one of the "vital signs."
High-Sugar FruitsSugar content in fruit varies. High-sugar fruits include mangoes, pears, grapes, cherries, bananas, figs, and watermelon. Low-sugar fruits include avocados, guava, raspberries, cantaloupe, papayas, and strawberries.
How Do You Eat a Star Fruit?Star fruits taste best when consumed ripe. Unripe star fruits may taste excessively sour and at times bitter. Once ripe, these fruits turn completely yellow with a hint of green at the edges; this is the best time to consume star fruit. You can enjoy having a star fruit by:
Is Jackfruit Bad for Humans?Jackfruit is an exotic fruit grown in tropical regions and native to the southern part of India. It’s available in other parts of the world, including the United States. Jackfruit is the largest tree fruit, reaching up to 35 kg in weight. Jackfruit has a dull green, spiky outer skin, which is not eaten, and the edible part of the fruit (the flesh or fruit pods) lies inside, which is light yellow in color and has a rubbery texture.
What Does a Star Fruit Taste Like?Star fruit, also known as carambola or Averrhoa Starfruit, is widely distributed around the world but is more popular in tropical areas, such as India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
What Does Jackfruit Meat Taste Like?Typical jackfruit meat consists of the unripe jackfruit pod. It is tasteless and it has a fibrous texture. Jackfruit meat takes on the flavor of the spices that it is cooked with.
Pregnant? Don't Eat ThisDo you know which common foods may be risky during pregnancy? Learn which foods to avoid, while pregnant, such as queso dip, lunch meat, coffee and more.