Benefits of dates
The enormous health benefits of dates have made it one of the best ingredients for the daily diet. It is believed that consuming one date a day may be an important component for a healthy and balanced diet. This comes as no surprise as dates are rich in several nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and fiber. One study concluded that dates are almost an ideal food because they contain a wide range of essential nutrients and potential health benefits.
- Dates have a high amount of mineral content, which is beneficial for various health conditions like anemia. Dates are extremely high in iron content that is required for the nondevelopment of symptoms like fatigue and weakness that are related to anemia.
- Dates contain sugar, many essential vitamins, and proteins that help in weight gain. A kilogram of dates contains approximately 3000 calories, and these are indeed sufficient to meet the requirements of the human body. If you are trying to put on weight, there can be no other better food.
- Dates have a high level of natural sugars, such as glucose, fructose, and sucrose that helps in boosting energy.
- Vitamins that are present in dates are essential for overall health including the nervous system and its functionality. It decreases the response time from the brain and increases speed and activity.
- Dates are often categorized as a laxative food, so it helps people suffering from constipation. The presence of fiber in dates is also beneficial for those suffering from digestive disorders. These fibers make the digestion of food easier and more efficient.
- Due to the presence of significant amounts of minerals, it helps in strengthening bones and fighting against painful and debilitating diseases, such as osteoporosis. It contains minerals like selenium, manganese, copper, and many more. These minerals contribute to the development of healthy bones.
- Consuming dates regularly is very helpful for our stomach and helps in keeping the digestive system healthy because of the presence of essential compounds, such as amino acids, nicotine, and dietary fibers. Prolonged intake of date fruit helps in the clearing of bad bacteria that are lodged in the intestines. Not only this, but they are also useful in promoting the growth of good bacteria.
- Dates are a healthy and delicious way to reduce the levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol or bad cholesterol in the body.
- The fruit helps in fighting against various conditions affecting the ear, throat, and nose, as well as helps in reducing the risk of night blindness (inability to see in the dark or in dim light).
- Several studies have shown that dates are useful for increasing sexual stamina by reducing sterility caused by different sexual disorders.
- Dates are commonly used as a remedy for alcoholic intoxication. They provide quick relief and have a sobering effect.
- Dates contain potassium, which is an effective way of controlling diarrhea.
- Several researchers have revealed that dates help in reducing the risk and impact of abdominal cancer. The fruit also works as a useful tonic or medicine for all age groups.
- Dates are very beneficial for pregnant women as they help in maintaining good health.
- Eating dates regularly is also beneficial for protecting and improving the strength of the tooth enamel, and it also helps in reducing the risk of tooth decay because it contains fluoride.
- The high amount of sulfur present in dates helps the human body fight against infections and allergies.
- Dates contain Vitamin B5 which is vital for the maintenance of your hair. It reduces hair fall, improves brittle hair, and split ends. Daily consumption of 3-4 dates in the morning helps reduce hair problems.
- Dates are also high in antioxidants, which can contribute to many of their health benefits. Antioxidants have several health benefits to offer, including a reduced risk of several diseases. Antioxidants protect your cells from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that may cause harmful reactions in your body and lead to disease.
- When your blood sugar is low, you are more likely to feel hungry. This is an issue as it can lead to overeating. Fortunately, the rich nutrients and natural sugars found in dates can quickly replenish your blood sugar levels to alleviate the hunger pangs.
Dates are natural fruits that have no side effects. However, they have high sugar content, and hence, one should amount the dosage accordingly. It might increase the weight and blood sugar levels if consumed in excess.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Nagdeve M. 12 Proven Health Benefits of Dates. Organic Facts. https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-dates.html
Nutrition and You. Dates nutrition facts. https://www.nutrition-and-you.com/dates.html
Top What Are the Benefits of Eating Dates? Related Articles
High-Fiber FoodsLearn about high-fiber foods. From fresh fruits to whole grains, these fiber-rich foods can lower cholesterol, prevent constipation, and improve digestion.
How Do You Eat a Star Fruit?Star fruits taste best when consumed ripe. Unripe star fruits may taste excessively sour and at times bitter. Once ripe, these fruits turn completely yellow with a hint of green at the edges; this is the best time to consume star fruit. You can enjoy having a star fruit by:
Is Jackfruit Bad for Humans?Jackfruit is an exotic fruit grown in tropical regions and native to the southern part of India. It’s available in other parts of the world, including the United States. Jackfruit is the largest tree fruit, reaching up to 35 kg in weight. Jackfruit has a dull green, spiky outer skin, which is not eaten, and the edible part of the fruit (the flesh or fruit pods) lies inside, which is light yellow in color and has a rubbery texture.
Best & Worst JuicesAlthough the best kinds of juice deliver a bounty of vitamins, the worst are hardly better than liquid candy. Learn to distinguish between the healthy juices and the unhealthy diet wreckers here.
Exotic Fruits SlideshowExotic fruits like acai, guava, and papaya are loaded with vitamins and other nutrients. Learn when these exotic fruits are ripe, how to prepare them and what nutrition they offer.
What Does a Star Fruit Taste Like?Star fruit, also known as carambola or Averrhoa Starfruit, is widely distributed around the world but is more popular in tropical areas, such as India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
What Does Jackfruit Meat Taste Like?Typical jackfruit meat consists of the unripe jackfruit pod. It is tasteless and it has a fibrous texture. Jackfruit meat takes on the flavor of the spices that it is cooked with.
Pregnant? Don't Eat ThisDo you know which common foods may be risky during pregnancy? Learn which foods to avoid, while pregnant, such as queso dip, lunch meat, coffee and more.