Leptin is a hormone secreted by fat cells, which influences how fat is stored in the body and burns energy. More the leptin in the body, the lesser the tendency to get hungry. Read more: What Are the 5 Rules of the Leptin Diet? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Heart Healthy Diet: 25 Foods You Should Eat
What foods are heart healthy? Learn what foods help protect your cardiovascular system from heart attack, coronary heart disease,...
Diet and Weight Loss: Your Best Ways to Beat Belly Fat
Could your job be to blame for your belly fat? It might be, if it stresses you out. But there are a number of ways to get rid of...
Diet and Nutrition: Worst Habits for Belly Fat
Don’t fall into the belly fat trap. Find out which habits may be holding you back from losing weight in your midsection.
Signs You're Not Getting Enough Protein
Are you getting enough protein in your diet? Learn to spot the warning signs of protein deficiency, who is the most at risk, and...
Diet and Nutrition: Are These Foods Good for You or Not?
You've probably gotten mixed messages about many foods and beverages, including chocolate, coffee, and even your basic egg. Learn...
Diet and Nutrition Quiz: Plans & Facts
Even if you think you're getting enough fruits and vegetables per day, how can you be sure? Take the Diet & Nutrition Quiz to...
Diet and Nutrition: The Truth About Carbs
Carbohydrates are a common source of energy for our bodies. Find out what they do for you and the best ways to get them.
Worst Foods for Your Belly
Belly-fattening foods such as chips, beer, doughnuts and fatty red meat can kill a diet. See which foods are tough to resist,...
Diet and Weight Management: The Facts About Belly Fat
Belly fat doesn't just make your jeans too tight. It can also be risky for your health. Learn the facts about stomach fat,...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Can a high protein diet help you lose weight fast and help you feel full? High-protein diets are popular, but is there a down...
Diet and Nutrition: Protein Sources That Aren’t Meat
Pack your pantry with these high-protein beans, seeds, nuts, and grains.
Diet and Weight Management: Signs You're Eating Too Much Salt
Learn about the telltale signs of too much salt in your body, and how you can keep your sodium levels in check.
Diet and Weight: Things You Should Do at Night to Lose Weight
Weight loss is different for everyone. But there are things you can do at night that might help your cause.
Diet & Nutrition: The 10 Worst Foods in Your Fridge
What are the worst foods to eat in your fridge? From mayonnaise to ice cream and butter to processed lunch meats, learn about the...
Diet and Nutrition: Best Foods to Eat in Each Decade of Life
No matter what stage of adulthood you're in, there are foods that are important for you to have to be as healthy as you can be....
Diet and Weight Management: 10 Ways to Control Your Eating
Do you have control of your eating? This slideshow explains how a few simple tweaks can make healthy eating a whole lot easier.
Fast-Food Sandwiches: Good and Bad Choices For Your Diet
Want to know what the good and bad fast-food sandwiches choices are? Our experts explore the nutrition facts of major restaurant...
Related Disease Conditions
What Is a Typical Italian Diet?
Italian food is known the world over for being tasty and colorful. Italians give a lot of importance to fresh ingredients. They use seasonal ingredients to prepare meals.
What Are the 7 Things You Need for a Balanced Diet?
There are seven essential factors for a balanced diet. They are carbohydrates, protein, fat, fiber, vitamins, minerals and water.
What Are the Negatives of a Plant-Based Diet?
Some negatives of a plant-based diet include giving up foods you enjoy, finding restaurant meals, finding affordable plant-based foods, and getting enough protein.
What Foods Can I Eat for a Low Sodium Diet?
Sodium, or salt, is an electrolyte your body needs to function properly. Foods you can eat on a low-sodium diet include fruits, vegetables, grains, meat, low-sodium dairy, and low-salt seasonings and sauces.
What Is the Best Diet for CLL?
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is cancer in which the bone marrow (spongy part of the bone) makes abnormal white cells (lymphocytes). According to recent research, the Mediterranean diet is considered the best diet for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
What Are the 4 Missing Nutrients in My Diet?
Almost one-third of Americans are deficient in at least one nutrient, according to one study. The four missing nutrients in your diet are most likely to be vitamin B6, iron, vitamin D and vitamin C.
What Are Some Common Diet Mistakes?
Learn seven common diet mistakes that may be inadvertently ruining your weight loss journey.
What Is the Whole30 Diet?
The Whole30 diet is a 30-day elimination diet that focuses on eating whole, unprocessed foods and avoiding potentially problematic foods.
What Is the Number One Diet?
As per recent survey and analysis, research has confirmed that Mediterranean diet is the number one diet. As per research, people living in countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea live longer and are at low risk of cancer or cardiovascular ailments than other people.
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Diet & Nutrition FAQs
- Diet and Women
- Nutrition: Does Diet Deter Disability?
- What Is the Best Life Diet Book?
- Can I Drink Alcohol on a Diet?
- How Much Protein Do I Need?
- 17 Day Diet
- Dieting and Drinking Alcoholic Beverages
- How to Talk to Your Doctor About Your Diet
- Weight Loss Tips to Start Your Diet off Right
- Nutrient Deficient: How Does Your Diet Stack Up?
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Dietary Fat Finds
- Boosting Your Diet for Exercise
- Diet or Exercise -- or Both?
- Bribe Yourself to Diet
- Health Tip: Get More Dietary Fiber
- How to Keep a Diet Diary
- How Healthy Is Your Diet?
- Better Diet, Bigger Brain?
- Healthy Diet, Healthy Eyes
- 5 Tasty Diet Desserts
- 5 Diet Minefields to Avoid
- 'Diet Foods' to Skip
- Better Diet, Longer Life?
- Diet Journaling Made Easier
- 5 Great Diet Breakfasts
- Health Tip: Get Enough Dietary Iron
- Health Tip: Enlist a Dietician
- Diet, Exercise Can Improve Thinking
- What Is the Most Effective Diet to Lose Weight?
- What Are the Side Effects of Changing Your Diet?
- What Are the Healthy Diets for Seniors?
- What Is Good Nutrition and a Healthy Diet?
- What Is the Best Diet Plan for Men?
- What Do You Eat on a Clean Diet?
- What Is Considered a Heart-Healthy Diet?
- What Sweets Are Good for Diets?
- What Happens If I Stop Dieting?
- Why Is Dietary Fiber So Good for You?
- Weight Loss Diets: Find the Best Diet for You
- Weight Loss Drugs: How Much Do Diet Pills Help?
- Diet Mistakes: 6 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight
- Weight Loss: 4 Ways to Get That Diet Going
- The ABCs of a Healthy Skin Diet
- Diet Secrets from Around the World
- Diet Burnout: Stay Psyched, Long Term Weight Loss
- Diet Woes? Hire a Food Trainer
- Diet Sabotage: Turn Saboteurs Into Diet Supporters
- When You Don't Need a 'Diet'
- Diet Blunders
- Weekend Weight Gain: Don't Undo Your Diet