There are lots of ways to lose weight. The question is, how do you lose weight and keep it off? Read more: Weight Management Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Childhood Obesity Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions. Take the Childhood Obesity Quiz to test your knowledge of the facts and...
Food Portion Distortion Quiz: Correct Serving Size
Are your portions deceiving you? Take the Food Portion Distortion Quiz to find out how and why gigantic portions trick you into...
Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
Take our Superfoods Quiz! Get to know how unprocessed, raw, organic foods and healthy drinks are rich in nutrients and dietary...
Belly (Abdominal) Fat Quiz: Test Your Belly Fat IQ
Did you know there is a medical term for belly fat? Find out what it is and learn why getting rid of belly fat may be the best...
Most Fattening Foods of Summer: Drinks and Snacks With High Fat or Calories
Summertime living may be easy, but if you're not careful, summer's fattening foods can really pack on the pounds. Discover the...
Kidney Stones: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What causes kidney stones? Learn to recognize the symptoms and signs of kidney stone pain. Explore kidney stone treatment and how...
Best & Worst Fast-Food Breakfast Pictures
No matter which fast-food chain you visit, high-fat and high-calorie breakfast choices abound. But healthier fast-food menu...
Frighteningly Fattening Fall Foods in Pictures
Learn how to keep your diet in check this fall. Look at some of the season's most fattening foods, along with tips on how to...
Holiday Foods 'Naughty List' in Pictures
'Tis the season of temptation. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid the holiday food trap. While Santa makes his list and checks...
Skinny Sipping: Best and Worst Drinks for Losing Weight in Pictures
From coffee to cocktails, learn which beverages can help or hinder a healthy lifestyle. See the best and worst drinks for weight...
Surprising Reasons for Weight Gain
There are many reasons for sudden weight gain when there are no changes in diet or exercise. Sudden weight gain could be caused...
Bad' Foods That Are Good for Weight Loss in Pictures
Some bad foods can be good for weight loss. MedicineNet reveals which tempting foods can actually help you lose weight and keep...
10 Metabolism Boosting Facts and Myths
Losing weight by increasing your metabolism is challenging. There are many metabolism myths and only a few surefire tricks to get...
Diet Mistake Pictures: Crash Diets, High-Calorie Drinks, and More
Discover 10 common diet mistakes that may be preventing you from losing weight. Learn to avoid these diet blunders and watch the...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
How to Lose Weight Without Dieting: 24 Fast Facts
Weight loss without dieting? No diet, no problem. Learn the best way to lose weight with these weight loss tips designed to help...
Grocery Smarts: 'Healthy Fat' Foods for Fitness in Pictures
A healthy diet starts at the grocery store. See which fat foods to avoid and which fit foods to choose....
Diet-Wrecking Foods: Smoothies, Lattes, Popcorn, and More in Pictures
It may seem healthy, but is it really? Many food frauds masquerade as diet food. See 23 foods that seem healthy but can be...
How to Quit Smoking Without Weight Gain
Learn how to avoid weight gain while quitting smoking. Explore what causes weight gain after quitting smoking. See lifestyle...
Fat-Burning Foods in Pictures: Blueberries, Green Tea, and More
Learn about fat-fighting foods such as grapefruit, hot peppers, vinegar, and more. Discover the benefits along with surprising...
Worst-Appetizer Pictures: Spinach Dip, Potato Skins, and More
A tasty appetizer can be a great start to any meal--but some appetizers are diet disasters. Potato skins and cheese fries pack on...
How to Lose Weight Fast: Easy Weight Loss Tips
Here are the best ways for men and women to lose weight. Fast facts from experts show weight loss is possible for everyone trying...
Snacks With 100 Calories or Less
Reducing calories is an effective weight loss strategy. Here are 25 100-calorie snacks that offer quick, satisfying solutions to...
The Worst Foods in Your Fridge
What are the worst foods to eat in your fridge? From mayonnaise to ice cream and butter to processed lunch meats, learn about the...
Pictures of the Belly-Fattening Foods That Men Love
Belly-fattening foods such as chips, beer, doughnuts and fatty red meat can kill a diet. See which foods are tough to resist,...
Sugar Addiction Facts: Cravings, Hidden Sugar, and More in Pictures
Learn about sugar addiction to see why we often crave sweets and binge on carbs. Learn how sugar affects the brain and get tips...
Pictures of the Best Flat-Abs Moves for Men
Learn the best flat abs moves. If you want a ripped mid-section, learn how to go from flabby to flat abs with the right moves and...
Beach Body Essentials: Workouts, Flat Abs, and More With Pictures
Watch this slideshow on beach body essentials for men. Get yourself beach ready before you hit the sand with our visual guide to...
Food Cravings Slideshow: Chocolate, Carbs, Salt, Sugar
Learn which food cravings can wreck your diet. Whether your craving something creamy or crunchy, sweet or salty, food cravings...
Digestive Health: Why Am I Bloated?
Bloating is a sign and symptom of gas in the stomach or GI tract. Certain foods or health problems like constipation may cause...
Women’s Health: 13 Hormone Imbalance Symptoms and Signs
Hormone imbalance involves changes in estrogen, progesterone, and other hormone levels. Hormonal imbalance may cause symptoms...
Related Disease Conditions
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)
Staphylococcus or staph is a group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases. Staph infections can cause illness...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Post-polio syndrome (PPS) is a group of signs and symptoms that show up two to four decades after the initial polio infection....
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a disease that gradually destroys the central vision. In people over 60, AMD is a...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Binge Eating Disorder
Characteristics of binge eating disorder include eating more quickly than usual, eating until uncomfortably full, eating a lot of...
Infertility is the diminished ability to conceive a child. Infertility can be a problem with both men and women. Infertility in...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Type 1 Diabetes (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment, Life Expectancy)
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Weight Control and Smoking Cessation
One concern smokers have when considering quitting smoking is weight gain. Not everyone will gain weight when they stop smoking....
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Low Cholesterol Diet
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Heart Disease in Women
Heart disease in women has somewhat different symptoms, risk factors, and treatment compared to heart disease in men. Many women...
Diabetes Diet for Type 2 Diabetes, List of Foods
A type 2 diabetes diet or a type 2 diabetic diet is important for blood sugar (glucose) control in people with diabetes to...
Normal Blood Sugar Levels (Ranges) In Adults with Diabetes
People with diabetes can manage and prevent low or high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia) by keeping a log of...
Local ResourcesFind a local Family Physician in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Food Portion Distortion FAQs
- Superfoods FAQs
- Belly Abdominal Fat FAQs
- Childhood Obesity Overweight FAQs
- Weight Control and Aspartame
- Diet and Women
- 7 Ways to Measure Health and Fitness
- Prediabetes Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Weight Management - Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Diet Tips from Dietitians
- Soft Drinks: Help for Soda Lovers
- Dieting and Drinking Alcoholic Beverages
- Avoiding Vacation Weight Gain
- Weight Lifting in Weight Loss (Audio Podcast)
- How to Talk to Your Doctor About Your Diet
- How Do the French Stay Slim?
- Weekend Diet: Your Dietary Downfall?
- Weight Control Secret: Calorie Balance
- Eating and Weight Control: Mindful Eating
- Fit and Fat? What's Important to Your Health
- Snack In A Healthy Way: Avoid Diet Downfall
- Weight Management: Keeping Weight Off Forever
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Sweet Valentine Treats That Won't Bust Your Diet
- Cutting Calories Can Boost Your Sex Life and Your Sleep
- Weight-Loss Surgery Typically Pushes Type 2 Diabetes Into Remission
- Fast or Slow, Weight Loss Has Similar Effect on Health
- Teens Often Off the Mark About Their Weight, With Unhealthy Results
- Update Dietary Guidelines for a Healthier You
- Breakfast Not So Important to Weight Loss After All, Study Finds
- How to Head Off Sneaky Weight Gain
- Plant-Based Diets Good for the Planet, and for You
- 7 Ways to Cut Calories in Beverages
- Eat What You Want and Still Stay Slim? Thank Your Genes
- Is Your Workplace Making You Fat?
- Too Much Fried Food May Shorten Your Life
- Slim Down by Counting Bites Instead of Calories
- Body Size May Influence Longevity in Women, But Not Men
- Soup's On: Quick, Nutritious, Figure-Friendly Recipes
- Diet or Exercise -- or Both?
- Health Tip: Starting a Healthy Weight Loss Plan
- Bribe Yourself to Diet
- When Calorie Counts Aren't on the Menu
- Wider Waistlines, Smaller Brains?
- Trying Whole30 Diet? Watch Out for Weight Regain
- A Better Way to Look at Food
- No Evidence No-Cal Sweeteners Will Help You Lose Weight: Study
- Snacking for Diet Success
- What's the Best Diet for 2019? Experts Weigh In
- Follow the Mediterranean Diet for Weight Loss, Too
- A New Mom Shape-Up: Stroller Walking
- That Gift of Exercise Might Go to Waste
- Ways to Fit Pasta Into Your Diet
- Average American Getting Fatter, but Not Taller
- Have Your Cake And Lose Weight, Too
- Want to Eat Healthier? Avoid Stores With Snacks at Checkout
- High-Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Sleepless Night Could Make Morning Pastries Tougher to Resist
- Protein Portions: Feeling Satisfied on Fewer Calories
- Gene Tweaking Prevented Obesity in Mice
- Chain Restaurants Serve Up More Calories Than Fast Food Spots Worldwide
- The Lowdown on Low-Fat Milk (It's All Good)
- 'Easy Way Out'? Stigma May Keep Many From Weight Loss Surgery
- Obesity to Blame for Almost 1 in 25 Cancers Worldwide
- Extreme Dieting in Teens Often Intensifies in Adulthood
- Health Tip: Celebrate a Healthier Holiday
- Excess Body Fat May Increase Older Women's Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- Better Economy Could Mean Worse Nursing Home Care
- Healthy Lifestyle Lowers Odds of Breast Cancer's Return
- Are You a Victim of 'Clean Plate' Syndrome?
- Tip the Scale in Your Favor
- Some Uncanny Facts About Canned Foods
- Cost Matters to Those Sizing Up Weight-Loss Surgery
- Carb Cycling: An Exercise in Weight Loss
- The Skinny on New Sugar Calorie Counts
- Here's More Evidence Obesity Can Shorten Your Life
- Weight-Loss Surgeries Less Common in States With High Obesity Rates
- Low-Carb Diets May Work By Boosting Calorie Burn
- Sidestep These Menu Minefields
- Exercise Makes Even the 'Still Overweight' Healthier: Study
- Two Factors at Birth Can Boost a Child's Obesity Risk
- Teenage Obesity May Raise Pancreatic Cancer Risk Years Later
- Could a Natural Protein Help Fight Obesity?
- 5 Diet Foods That Are High in Fiber
- You Naturally Burn More Calories at Certain Time of Day: Study
- Keeping Track of Healthy Calories
- Which Weight-Loss Surgery Is Best?
- An Action Plan When You Regain That Lost Weight
- Obesity a Painful Reality for 1 in 6 U.S. Youths
- Many Supplements Still Contain Dangerous Stimulants: Study
- Almost Half of Americans Are Trying to Lose Weight: CDC
- Brain's 'Self-Control' Center May Be Key to Weight-Loss Success
- Pounds Regained After Weight-Loss Op Can Tell Your Doc a Lot
- 5 Salad Killers to Skip
- Sit-Stand Desks Good for the Mind. What About the Body?
- Obesity Doubles Odds for Colon Cancer in Younger Women
- Weight-Loss Surgery Linked to Fewer Delivery Complications
- The Skinny on Fats
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Raise Gallstone Risk: Study
- Lose Excess Pounds, Lower Breast Cancer Risk?
- Why Printed Calorie Counts at Restaurants Are Important
- What Did Americans Eat Today? A Third Would Say Fast Food
- 3 Ways to Tame Food Temptations
- Diet Tips That Go Beyond Calorie Cutting
- Overweight in Pregnancy? Here's How to Keep Excess Pounds at Bay
- Thinking of Others Makes Healthy Choices Easier
- Calorie Counts on Menus May Be Trimming Americans' Waistlines
- Obesity Tops 35 Percent in 7 U.S. States: Report
- Banned Supplement Remains a Concern in Weight-Loss Products
- 4 Habits That Lead to Better Food Choices
- Say No to Yo-Yo Dieting
- Losing Weight the Online Way
- Weight-Loss Drug Belviq Is First to Show No Harm to Heart
- Cheesecake Factory's Breakfast Burrito Tops Latest Xtreme Eating Awards
- The Health Benefits of Eating Earlier
- Low-Calorie Diet Benefited Men More Than Women
- 'Fat' Mouse Test Failure Yields New Obesity Clue
- Working Out After Baby
- American Heart Association Turns Dietary Advice on Its Head
- Improve Diet Quality to Boost Weight Loss
- Steer Clear of Obese Friends With the Flu
- Obesity Warps the Shape, Function of Young Hearts
- Caffeine Not a Dieter's Friend
- Yes, There Is Room for Chocolate in Your Diet
- Science-Based Diet Tips That Really Work
- For Dieters, More Protein Equals More Satisfaction
- 'Fat-Freeze' Complication May Be More Common Than Thought
- 4 Rules to Avoid Regaining Lost Weight
- Half of Americans Trying to Slim Down
- Mind-Over-Matter to Curtail Calories
- How to Start Exercising When You're Out of Shape
- To Fight Childhood Obesity, Moms to the Rescue
- Weight Loss May Reverse Course of Atrial Fibrillation
- Heavy Teens Are Less Likely Now to Try and Lose Weight
- 5 Ways to Keep That Lost Weight Gone for Good
- Tips to Keep From Overeating at Party Time
- Why Obese People Find It So Tough to Slim Down
- Reduce Weight, Reduce the Arthritic Knee Pain
- How to Keep a Diet Diary
- Obesity's a Larger Problem in Rural America
- Human Brain Hard-Wired to Love Fat-Carb Combo: Study
- Is Your Workplace Making You Fat?
- The Keto Diet Is Popular, But Is It Safe?
- Go Vegan to Jumpstart Weight Loss
- Health Tip: Three Weight Stats That Can Predict Health
- High-Calorie Foods Fit for a Diet
- Mindfulness Training to Help With Weight Loss
- Health Tip: Suggestions for Losing Weight
- 'Pizza Challenge' Suggests Food Is Just More Tempting to Some
- Small World? Not With One-Quarter Obese by 2045
- Is Fasting a Diet Solution?
- Health Tip: Pay Attention to Nutritional Information
- Restaurant Appetizers That Make Great Main Dishes
- Too Much or Too Little Weight May Worsen Rheumatoid Arthritis
- The Paleo Diet: Fad or Not So Fad?
- Obese Men Suffer 'Weight Stigma,' Too
- Breakfast Fans Gain Less Weight Over Time
- Can Mom-to Be's' Weight Affect Daughters' Risk for Early Puberty?
- Philly's Soda Tax Is Working, Study Finds
- The Bad Habits That Lead to Weight Gain
- Sugar-Craving Gene Helps Lower Body Fat, But Has Downside
- Here's How to Pack Protein Into Your Diet
- Big Weight Loss May Bring Big Relationship Changes
- Finding the Willpower to Lose Weight
- Obesity Rates Keep Rising for U.S. Adults
- Freezing 'Hunger Nerve' Could Help People Lose Weight
- Another Downside of Weight Gain: Toenail Fungus
- The Top Calorie-Burning Exercises
- Ice Cream That Melts in Your Mouth Not on Your Hand
- Is Bariatric Surgery for You?
- Make Losing Weight a Family Affair
- How to Maintain That Weight Loss
- One Hidden Culprit Behind Weight Gain: Fruit Juice
- It's Not Your Imagination: You're Hungrier After Losing Weight
- Do Common Household Chemicals Affect Your Weight?
- Want to Keep the Weight Off? Eat More Slowly
- The Right Way to Weigh Yourself
- Extra Body Fat May Raise Breast Cancer Risk, No Matter Your Weight
- You've Lost the Weight. How Soon Before It Comes Back?
- Health Tip: Prevent Weight Gain
- Want to Avoid Winter Weight Gain? Exercise
- 5 Steps to Get Back on the Diet Track After the Holidays
- 8 Small Changes for a Slimmer You in 2018
- As Income Rises, Women Get Slimmer -- But Not Men
- Live Close to a Gym? You're Probably a Bit Trimmer
- 5 Ways to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
- Some Great Holiday Foods for Weight Loss
- This Weight-Loss Strategy May Not Help Your Knees
- A Pantry Makeover for a Healthier Diet
- With Stress and Trauma Come Excess Weight
- Holiday Parties Minus the Calorie Crunch
- Call a Snack a Meal, and You're Less Apt to Overeat
- Social Media Can Help Boost Weight Loss Success
- How Foods Labeled 'Healthy' Can Still Make You Fat
- Working Night Shifts May Widen Your Waistline
- Widening Waistlines May Raise Women's Cancer Risk
- 'Fat But Fit' a Myth?
- 'Diet Foods' to Skip
- Here's Why a Soda With That Burger Is Especially Fattening
- Most American Men Qualify as 'Overfat'
- As Your Weight Creeps Up, So Does Your Risk of Heart Failure
- More Evidence That Midlife Weight Gain Harms Your Health
- Resisting the Seduction of a Buffet
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Raise Your Odds for Obesity?
- 7 Ways to Cut 50 Calories Every Day
- Put the Brakes on Mindless Eating
- Thick Middle May Raise Risk of Some Cancers
- Overweight Boys Face Higher Colon Cancer Risk as Adults
- Drink Water, Fight Fat?
- Health Tip: Are You Truly Hungry?
- Dining Out Can Doom a Diet
- Health Tip: Fruit and Veggies May Help Shed Pounds
- A Stressed Life May Mean a Wider Waistline
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline…
- When Counting Calories, Consider the Cream and Sugar
- What You Don't Know About Cancer Can Kill You
- Language Barrier May Keep Some Hispanics From Good Diabetes Care
- Many Young Adults With High Cholesterol Not on Statins as Recommended
- Health Tip: Using a Food Diary
- How 'Mindful Eating' Can Keep Kids Slim
- Around the World, Holidays Bring Added Pounds
- Do Open Floor Plans Invite Overeating?
- Why the Teen Years May Not Be Lean Years
- 'Obesity Gene' Doesn't Affect Ability to Lose Weight: Report
- Marriage May Help Diabetics Keep Weight Off
- Health Tip: Choose Healthier Sides for Your Barbecue
- Task Force Calls for More Study Into Risks, Benefits of Kids' Cholesterol Screening
- Health Tip: Get Fit While Watching TV
- Obese Teens Take Weight-Loss Surgery in Stride
- College Linemen Larger Than Ever, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Go Easy on the Condiments
- Health Tip: Measure Your Waist Circumference
- Health Tip: Logging What You Eat
- Extra Weight Probably Doesn't Keep You Warm
- FAQ: New 'Stomach Pump' Weight Loss Device
- FDA Approves New Weight-Loss Device
- FDA Unveils Makeover of Nutrition Facts Label
- Stay Lean, Live Longer
- Obese People Trying to Shed Pounds Often Go Up and Down
- 'Paleo' Diet May Help Older Women's Hearts, Waistlines
- Is Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Raised Risk of Certain Cancers?
- Health Tip: Take Stock of Your Eating Habits
- Health Tip: Four Simple Steps for Healthier Eating
- Weight-Loss Surgery Lowered Risk of Heart Attack, Type 2 Diabetes in Study
- Count Bites, Subtract the Pounds
- New Clues to How Gene Affects Women's Body Shape, Diabetes Risk
- For Teens, Late Bedtime May Lead to Weight Gain
- Health Tip: Avoiding the Weight-Loss Rollercoaster
- Diabetes Drug Might Also Help Some Patients Lose Weight
- FAQ: Kids and Picky Eating
- Most Obese People Will Never Reach Normal Weight: Study
- Could a Microbe in Your Gut Help You Lose Weight?
- Dieters May Lose Fewer Pounds When They Choose Their Weight-Loss Plan
- More Evidence That High-Fiber Diet May Curb Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Moving to a Poorer Neighborhood Might Be Bad for Your Waistline
- High-Protein Diet May Be Dangerous for Those at Risk of Heart Disease
- Why Do More Women Than Men Have Weight-Loss Surgery?
- Just 1 Hour of Daily TV Boosts Kids' Obesity Risk, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Monitoring Your Weight
- Tackling Obesity May Ease a Dangerous Irregular Heartbeat
- Experts See Place for Weight-Loss Drugs in Obesity Treatment
- Little Change in Fast Food Calorie Counts, Salt Content
- Defective Hormone Linked to Chronic Obesity in Baby
- Health Tip: Don't Turn to Fad Diets to Drop Pounds
- Your Birth Year Could Influence Your Odds for Obesity, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Why Am I Gaining Weight?
- New Weight Loss Drug Saxenda: FAQ
- Weight Training Key to Battling Belly Fat as You Age: Study
- Even With a Little Weight Gain, Quitting Smoking Is Still Healthier Choice
- Food Rules for Toddlers May Lead to Healthy Eating Habits
- Genes May Determine Body Weight by Shaping Gut Bacteria
- Should You Jump on the Protein Bandwagon?
- Health Tip: When Your Child Needs to Lose Weight
- Teens Who Dine With Their Families May Be Slimmer Adults
- Tall, Heavy 1-Year-Olds May Be at Risk for Obesity Later, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Snacking After School
- Health Tip: Dish Up Healthier Halloween Goodies
- Frequent Dining Out Might Widen Your Waistline, Study Finds
- Dieters May Be Thwarted by Absence of Healthy Foods
- Gut Microbes Tied to Jet Lag, Shift-Work Weight Gain
- If You Do Gain Weight, Polyunsaturated Fats May Prevent Some Damage
- 'To Burn Off Calories in This Soda, Walk 5 Miles'
- Race Doesn't Affect Obesity's Toll on Health
- Health Tip: Are You at a Healthy Weight?
- The Obese Are Frequent Targets for Cyberbullies
- Nerve Blocking Procedure Fails to Impress in Weight Loss Study
- Health Tip: Eating When You're Not Hungry
- 1 in 4 U.S. Kids Underestimate Their Weight, Study Finds
- Make Kids' Weight Loss a Family Affair, Study Suggests
- Parents of Obese Kids Often View Them as Healthy
- Health Tip: Measuring Your Waist
- Fruits, Veggies Not a Magic Bullet for Weight Loss, Study Finds
- FDA: Bee Pollen Weight Loss Products Pose Health Risks
- Diabetes Drug May Spur Weight Loss in Obese Nondiabetics
- More Evidence Ties Poor Sleep to Obesity in Kids
- How to Keep Your Fitness Goals on Track
- Drinking Milk May Slow Knee Arthritis in Women, Study Finds
- The Morning Light May Help You Stay Slim
- 'Grazing' Appears No Better for Weight Loss Than Standard Meals
- A Judgmental Doctor May Make It Hard to Lose Weight
- As Weight Rises in People With Diabetes, So Does Death Risk: Study
- Women More Open to Weight-Loss Surgery
- Food Companies Cut 6.4 Trillion Calories From Supermarket Shelves: Report
- Take Talk of Weight Off the Holiday Menu
- Ear Acupuncture May Hold Promise for Weight Loss
- Could Good Manners Help Spur Holiday Weight Gain?
- Weight Loss Can Combat Irregular Heart Beat, Study Says
- Weight-Loss Surgery Seems to Beat Diet and Exercise
- Health Tip: Avoid Weight Gain at College
- Less-Skilled Weight-Loss Surgeons Often Have Higher Complication Rates: Study
- Gut Bugs May Hold Key to Weight Control, Mouse Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Frame of Mind Key to Losing Weight
- Stigma Overweight People Face Could Spur More Weight Gain
- People May Eat More When Headlines Bear Bad News
- Weight Gain a Risk After Knee Replacement, Study Finds
- Many Primary-Care Doctors Want Help Treating Obesity
- Don't Turn to Holiday Food as a Way to Deal With Stress: Expert
- Fruits Plus Vegetables Equals Happiness?
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Won't Harm Long-Term Weight Loss Efforts
- Health Tip: Focus on Healthy Aging
- Many Americans in Denial Over Weight Gain: Study
- Healthy Dieting in Pregnancy May Be Helpful
- 'Bad' Fat May Hurt Brain Function Over Time
- Why You Overeat Even When You're Full
- Type 2 Diabetes in Kids a Challenge to Control
- Health Tip: Managing Weight Gain
- Prescription Meds Can Put on Unwanted Pounds
- Obesity Linked to Worse Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Lack of ZZZs May Fuel Appetite
- Mindfulness Key to Losing Weight While Eating Out
- Bottom Line: Overeating Boosts Fat, Whatever the Protein Level
- Eating Out Doesn't Have to Mean Excess Calories
- Adult Obesity May Be All in the Family
- Health Tip: Help Your Child Create a Healthy Body Image
- Doctors Not Stressing Follow-Up Plans With Obese Kids
- Obesity Rates Are Increasing in 16 States
- Unhealthy Eating Habits Start Early
- U.S. Is Becoming a Nation of Snackers
- Jenny Craig Nabs ‘Best Diet' Ranking
- Does Parenthood Hurt Your Health?
- Walnut May Be Top Nut for Heart Health
- Diabetes Drug Actos May Also Help Prediabetes
- New Insight on Weight Gain After Prostate Cancer Therapy
- Study Finds Smoking Linked to Breast Cancer Risk
- Fish Oil Counters Chemotherapy Weight Loss
- Moderate Alcohol Drinking May Boost Heart Health
- FDA OKs Lap-Band Surgery for More Patients
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- The More Moms Work, the More Kids Gain Weight?
- NSAID Pain Relievers Raise Heart Risks
- Arthritis Doctors Too Often Opt for Drugs, Surgery
- Move More, Gain Less Weight With Age
- FDA Panel Supports New Obesity Drug
- Misperception of Body Weight Poses Health Risks
- Low Grades in U.S. for Eating Fruits and Veggies
- Obese Teens at Risk for Severe Adult Obesity
- Top 20 Fitness Trends for 2011
- Exercise Helps You Sleep
- Weight Loss Pill Meridia Raises Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Water May Be Secret Weapon in Weight Loss
- Chocolate May Cut Heart Failure Risk
- Big Waist Increases Death Risk
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Raises Child's Obesity Risk
- Low-Carb Diets Improve Cholesterol Long Term
- New Type of Diabetes Drug Drops Weight With Blood Sugar
- Inhaled Insulin May Help Treat Diabetes
- Obesity After Age 50 Raises Diabetes Risk
- Pregnant Women Put Fashion Before Foot Health
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Hurts Child's Heart
- Michelle Obama's Plan to End Childhood Obesity Epidemic
- Infections, Fractures Linked to Acid Reflux Drugs
- Air Pollution Increases Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- 60% of Bariatric Patients Keep Weight Off
- Overactive Thyroid May Raise Early Stroke Risk
- 12-Week Program Curbs Binge Eating
- Nibble on Chocolate for a Healthier Heart
- Exercise 1 Hour a Day to Avoid Weight Gain
- Drug Plus Weight Counseling Helps Women Quit Smoking
- Good and Bad Health Habits in U.S.
- Onion Cream Treats New Stretch Marks
- Moderate Drinking Linked to Weight Control
- Colorado, California Cities Dominate Slimmest Cities List
- Kids Snacking Too Much
- Low-Fat Diet Tops Low-Carb in Long Run
- Belly Fat Is Culprit in Stroke Gender Gap
- Rise in Chronic Childhood Health Problems
- Cholesterol Facts
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- In One Year, Out the Other
- Weight Loss and Nutrition Myths
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Weight Gain: Surprising Reasons You're Gaining
- Body Mass Index: How Accurate is BMI?
- Heart Health Tips From a Top Cardiologist
- Holiday Weight Gain: Beat the Odds
- Overeating: Stop Your Binge Eating
- Breakfast - The Many Benefits
- Italian Diet Secrets to a Healthy Weight
- Weight Gain: Tips to Stop Weight Creep
- Weight Control: Gaining Ground on Weight Gain
- Binge Eating: 6 Strategies to Take Control
- Weight Control: Mindless Eating and Weight Gain
- Fast Food: A Nighttime Trend?
- Weight Control: Ward Off Cravings, Binge Eating
- Weight Maintenance: Keep Your Summer Body
- Nighttime Overeating: The Worst Time to Overeat
- Prescription Drugs Causing Weight Gain?
- Diet-Busting Foods That May Seem Healthy
- Exercise: The Maintain Your Weight Workout
- Workplace Weight Gain: Job Making You Fat?
- Weight Control: Don't Fall Back into Bad Habits
- Weight Management: Is Your Car Making You Fat?
- Weight Maintenance: A Lifetime of Slimness
- Weighing In on Scales: Find Your True Weight
- Overeating: Stop Eating When You're Not Hungry
- Gaining Weight on the Job?
- Hunger Hormones Affect Your Appetite, Weight
- Weight Management: Get Off the Food Roller Coaster
- Portion Sizes Eventually Lead to Weight Gain
- Dieting Dilemma: Keeping Weight Off
- Weight Loss: 4 Keys to Taking & Keeping Weight Off
- Thin -- for Life
- Weekend Weight Gain: Don't Undo Your Diet
- Calories After Age 40
- Fast Food: Can You Indulge Without Guilt?