Patient Comments: Weight Loss - Experience

Please share your experience with weight loss. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Benjamin, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 24

If you notice that your weight loss motivation is waning, give yourself a break from your diet or exercise plan for one to three days. The problem with motivation is that the more people try to 'catch' it, the more elusive it becomes; by allowing it to run its natural course and at the same time having a set of habit-changing skills (such as a meal plan for the week), you'll stay on track and your motivation levels will run their natural course.

Comment from: cnicky, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I've struggled with obesity and trying for weight loss for most of my adult life, knowing that I was at risk for diabetes. Both my parents struggled with the disease and constantly had doctor's visits, new medicines, and new strict diet plans to try to combat the disease. If only they had cared about their health sooner. Since then I have turned my life around! Like the article says, drinking water is so important. Luckily, I found this two-week diet plan which has helped me to shed the pounds and improve my overall health.

Comment from: Anna, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

It is easy to say lose weight or get on diet. I tried myself and it doesn't work. The one thing necessary is to find a diet program to know every step of dieting, what you are eating, how much, when and so on.

Comment from: Angela, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

When it comes to diet, one size does not fit all. I became a huge fan of natural medicine since I started brewing and drinking herbs for slimming. I had been struggling to lose weight for long time and only when I found the herbs my weight started dropping to the levels I couldn't achieve ever before.

Comment from: Tim, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 13

My sister is obese and we constantly badgering her about her weight. She is also doing some exercises and follows various tips. One day my friend told me to try Atkins diet. Now she has lost a lot of weight in the past three weeks and feels happy.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter