Common warts are skin growths causes by the human papillomavirus. There are many types of warts, including plantar warts, common hand warts, warts under the nails, mosaic wars, and flat warts. Over-the-counter treatments typically involve the use of salicylic acid products.Read more: Warts (Common Warts) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
Is it contagious? Take this quiz to learn about contagious diseases, how contagious diseases are spread, and myths and facts...
Skin Conditions Quiz: Common Skin Diseases
Could you identify a scabies infestation? Take the Skin Diseases Pictures Quiz and learn to identify common conditions that...
Skin Quiz: Acne, Dry Skin, Dandruff & More
What's that all over you? Skin, of course! Test your knowledge of your most amazing organ with the Skin Quiz!...
Picture of Warts
A local growth of the outer layer of the skin (the epidermis) caused by a virus. See a picture of Warts and learn more about the...
Picture of Plantar Warts
Warts that grow on the soles of the feet. See a picture of Plantar Warts and learn more about the health topic....
Picture of Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body, with a total area of about 20 square feet. See a picture of the Skin and learn more...
Picture of Verruca Plana
Scattered flat-topped papules increasing in number on the dorsum of a child's hand. See a picture of Verruca Plana and learn more...
Picture of Verruca Vulgaris
The common wart is a benign growth caused by localized infection with one of the many types of human papillomavirus. See a...
Picture of Verrucous Papules
Verrucous papules on the periungal region of a child's fingers. See a picture of Verrucous Papules and learn more about the...
Picture of Verruca Vulgaris After Treatment
Verruca vulgaris on the left thumb immediately post treatment with pulsed dye laser. See a picture of Verruca Vulgaris After...
Rosacea, Acne, Shingles: Common Adult Skin Diseases
Learn to spot and treat skin conditions commonly found in adults such as acne, eczema, shingles, psoriasis, rosacea, hives, cold...
Common Childhood Skin Disorders
What are the most common skin rashes in children? Learn about childhood eczema, ring worm, chicken pox and more. Get the facts on...
How Diabetes Can Affect Your Feet
Learn more about diabetes related foot problems. For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot...
Types of Warts: Symptoms, Removal, and Treatment
Plantar warts, genital warts, common warts, flat warts, and filiform warts are caused by infection with members of the human...
Related Disease Conditions
Genital Warts (HPV) Infection in Women
Genital warts is a sexually transmitted infection (STI, STD) caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). It is the most common STD...
A skin tag is a small benign growth of skin that projects from the surrounding skin. Skin tags can vary in appearance (smooth,...
Corns and calluses are sometimes painful areas of thickened skin that appear between the toes and fingers or on the soles of the...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Diabetes and Foot Problems (Treatment)
Diabetes related foot problems can affect your health with two problems: diabetic neuropathy, where diabetes affects the nerves,...
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...
Molluscum contagiosum is a skin disease that causes pink painless bumps on the skin. It typically resolves in six to 12 months....
HPV (Human Papillomavirus Infection)
HPVs or human papillomaviruses are a group of viral infections of the skin and mucous membranes. Certain high-risk types of HPV...
Local ResourcesFind a local Dermatologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Smart Steps for Healthy Feet
- Exercise Caution to Protect Your Skin at the Gym
- Health Tip: Treating Plantar Warts
- Health Tip: Prevent Warts on Your Feet
- More U.S. Teens Getting Vaccinated Against HPV
- 2 Doses of HPV Shot Enough to Prevent Genital Warts: Study
- Health Tip: Protect Your Feet From Warts
- Hollywood Villains Are No Dermatologist's Friend
- Screening, HPV Vaccine Can Prevent Cervical Cancer: FDA
- U.S. Teens Lag on Recommended Vaccinations
- How Is the HPV Vaccine Perceived on Twitter?
- Your Healthy Skin Germs Stay Put, Despite Cleaning
- Expert Offers Advice on Treating Corns, Calluses
- Health Tip: If You Have a Wart
- Dermatologist Offers Tips for Dealing With Warts
- Add Germ Fighters to College Packing List
- HPV Vaccination Rates Lowest in States With Highest Cervical Cancer Rates: Study
- FDA Approves HPV Test as Initial Screen for Cervical Cancer
- FDA Warns of Fires From Wart Removers
- Kids More Likely to Pick Up Warts at Home, Not Public Spaces
- Experimental Vaccine Might Help Women Already Infected With HPV
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Warts on the Feet
- HPV Infection Lasts Longer in Young Black Women: Study
- HPV Vaccine May Help Women With Cervical Conditions
- HPV Viruses Linked to Skin Cancer
- Health Tip: Treating Plantar Warts
- Duct Tape for Warts? Maybe Not