Patient Comments: Vitamins and Calcium Supplements - Types

Which vitamins or supplements do you take daily? Do you take them on your own or at your doctor's suggestion? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: JasonSch, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 17

I take 10,000 IU of vitamin D3, 1,000 mcg of B-12, 45 mg of slow-release iron, Panax ginseng, 1500 mg of acetyl-L-carnitine, 500 mg of magnesium, 200 mcg vitamin K2, and at bedtime I take 5 mg melatonin for sleep. My overall health and quality of life have improved ten-fold since starting all these supplements. I am no longer depressed, lethargic and fatigued.

Comment from: Sugar, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I take topiramate for essential tremor. That stops me from absorbing calcium properly. My bone density tests are slowly going down. In spite of the fact that I take Dyno-Mins, Cal/Mag500/250mg with 2000mg Vitamin D3 twice a day with meals. I am also hampered by the fact that I can barely walk (side effects of deep brain stimulation).

Comment from: aisya, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 22

I am taking Flavettes. They contain vitamin C and calcium. I take 1,000 mg a day.

View Slideshow Pictures