Patient Comments: Vestibular Balance Disorders - Treatment

What was the treatment for your balance disorder? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Patricia Gable, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: July 30

My doctor gave me meclizine 25 mg to take 3 times a day for dizziness from balance disorder, but I hear noises in my ears as well. I am not sure if I should take the pills.

Comment from: Harry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 13

It sounds strange but I do get very significant relief from the dizziness and confusion by taking Vicodin. Doctors don't like to prescribe it, but it clears the symptoms right up for me. It should be considered a treatment for balance disorder.

Comment from: Petula, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I have been having balance problems walking for about 12 months now if not longer. I do fall easily, I had terrible trouble walking this morning.

Comment from: AMZ62, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

For about 7 months I've been having ear pressure or blocked ear with a pitch sound. I have done MRI and ultrasound on my neck and also been seen by ENT, and the last one by neurologist. Everything is normal but still my ears are giving me floating feelings and the worst is I feel like chest pressure on my left side.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter