Patient Comments: Vestibular Balance Disorders - Cause

What was the cause of your vestibular balance disorder? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: ccpitt, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I was post-operation from bunionectomy/hammertoe surgery. It's been determined by my physician that unfortunately, I developed significant frostbite likely due to the cryotherapy machine used post-operation. Of course, this has impacted my recovery and return to work. The area is still being monitored (black toe and hard skin) with the possibility of a skin graft in my future. The temperature on the machine was set to 43 degrees F (pre-set by the machine representative) so, I was shocked at this development!

Comment from: ketoniss, (Patient) Published: April 30

I suffer from balance loss because of my head injury three or four years ago.

Comment from: Daxa H. Shah, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

My wife is suffering from vestibular balance the neurosurgeon at our town says there is no medicine prepared in medical science. My wife currently is 42. She is having a sight problem also. Right side eye going a little bit small also. From my wife family her father and uncle died with same disease and recently her elder sister aged around 43 or 44 is almost down. She can't walk independently, and talking is also problem.

Comment from: Betty, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 08

I don't know. I woke up that way one morning 15 months ago and had to be hospitalized. I am not dizzy but my head feels weird and I feel more of a floating sensation. I have had physical therapy with all of the head and neck therapy but I still have balance problems and they are worse when I walk any distance. I wish I could get rid of this problem but have not had success. I am better than when it first started but it is still a miserable condition to live with.

Balance Disorders: Vertigo, Migraines, Motion Sickness and More