Patient Comments: Vertigo - Exercises

Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jean, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I have had vertigo several times over the years. I have had it now for 2 1/2 weeks. A neurologist did the Epley maneuver several times in 2 visits and I still have it. I think it is caused by stress. The first time I had it was the morning my husband was having open heart surgery.

Comment from: lbloom, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 30

Recently, while crossing a long high bridge on my bicycle I developed vertigo. I made it across the bridge but on my return trip I had to walk my bicycle. I have not experienced symptoms of vertigo at any other time.

Comment from: kotasgrammy9, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

This is my second occurrence of vertigo. This time on the 3rd day of it, I went to the doctor who performed the Epley maneuver on me. When I got home I felt like the vertigo was getting bad again; before I went to the doctor"s I was feeling a little bit better. I think perhaps it may have made matters worse for me.

Comment from: Margo, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 02

Originally I became fuzzy, this was cured by taking travel pills. Next stage was severe migraine and severe loss of balance, I had to retire to bed. Then I started to do neck exercises, and for a few years all was well. Then loss of balance started again, and has slowly got worse.

Comment from: Debbi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My physician did the Epley maneuver on me once but it was only a temporary fix. At the time I was diagnosed with BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), now it is Meniere"s.

Balance Disorders Slideshow