Patient Comments: Vertigo - Symptoms

Do you experience nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms with your vertigo?

Comment from: Dolly, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 14

A recent vertigo episode occurred this morning. It started with profuse sweating all over my body. I was dizzy and everything was spinning. I also was vomiting and had diarrhea. When I moved or tried to walk I became even dizzier and vomited more. Even opening my eyes made my symptoms worse. It was difficult to even open my eyes without vomiting. I could not focus to read even medical labels. This continued for approximately 4 or 5 hours.

Comment from: satish, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 22

On 15th and 16th of this month my wife experienced vertigo symptoms. She was vomiting continuously and was feeling dizziness. At first we thought it was acidity, all medicines were given to her but no change. After some doctor came and told us it was vertigo, treatment was given accordingly and now she is ok. I wonder if she will face this kind of problem again.

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 30

My daughter started experiencing dizziness, and nausea with severe headaches during and after a virus which lasted one month. Since this very bad bout of flu which has reoccurred, she has been unable to drive, feeling a lack of co-ordination. She is very concerned about this as she has had to pull aside and call her husband to pick her up on three occasions.

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I have always had this vertigo since I was a child, like car sickness and only can sit on the passenger side when riding in backseat. Recently I had a plane ride and was very dizzy when I got up to exit plane both trips. I could barely stand as I was so off balance. Lately I have been joining the kids in their pool and after about 30 minutes of floating on back and swimming under water, when I stand up I have been dizzy and nauseous. Seems to happen every time I try to join them in the pool.

Comment from: seadog Dan, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

When I roll to my right I spin out of control, cannot walk, and throw up because of vertigo. When I push on my head my right ear rings worse than ever.

Comment from: tgpsillas, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 15

I suffered from vertigo. I was always nauseated and feeling sea-sick all the time. I thought my days were numbered. The medicines I was taking actually made me feel sicker. Go figure.

Comment from: rich, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I did vomit twice with vertigo. Felt like the stroke I had ten years ago but much less.

Comment from: Tammy57, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 08

I am just curious. July 2016 my husband had a heart attack. He was told he needed angioplasty. If this procedure wasn't done, leaving my husband with limited breathing capacity, I wonder if that could cause vertigo.

Vertigo - Causes Question: Do you know what causes or brings on your vertigo?
Vertigo - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment have you had for your vertigo? Did it help?
Vertigo - Exercises Question: Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help?