A vasectomy is a simple surgical procedure used as a permanent form of male birth control. The odds of pregnancy after a vasectomy are low and the side effects are few. Although the procedure can be reversed, it is usually difficult, expensive, and unsuccessful. Read more: Vasectomy Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Choosing Your Birth Control Method
What are your birth control options? Learn about birth control side effects and effectiveness. Discover birth control methods...
For Men Only: 15 Ways to Stay On Top of Your Game With Pictures
See how first impressions, staying active, good hygiene and more lifestyle tips can improve your overall health and well-being....
Related Disease Conditions
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Life Expectancy
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disorder in which brain and spinal cord nerve cells become demyelinated. This damage...
Pregnancy Planning (Tips)
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes...
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men after skin cancer. Risk factors include age, family history, ethnicity, and...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints,...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD)
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread...
Testicular cancer symptoms include a painless lump or swelling in a testicle, testicle or scrotum pain, a dull ache in the...
Blood In Semen
Blood in semen is also known as hematospermia. Blood in semen can be caused by many conditions affecting the tubes that...
Men's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress,...
Birth Control Options (Types and Side Effects)
Birth control is available in a variety of methods and types. The method of birth control varies from person to person, and their...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Infertility is the diminished ability to conceive a child. Infertility can be a problem with both men and women. Infertility in...
Sexual health information including birth control, impotence, herpes, sexually transmitted diseases, staying healthy, women's...
Sexual Problems in Men
Male sexual dysfunction can be caused by physical or psychological problems. Common sexual problems in men include erectile...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy (STDs)
When you are pregnant, many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be especially harmful to you and your baby. These STDs...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Sexual Response Cycle (Phases of Sexual Response)
There are four phases to the sexual response for men and women. Couple do not usually reach each phase at the same time, and they...
Malignant hyperthermia is a severe reaction to certain drugs that are often used during invasive procedures or surgery. Certain...
Local ResourcesFind a local Urologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Sex: How To Make it Better
- Sexual Health for Men
- Sex: How Couples Can Communicate Their Needs
- Sexuality Education and Pregnancy Prevention
- Sex : Intimate Questions and Concerns
- Sex Matters-- Louanne Cole Weston, PhD
- Sexual Dysfunction: The Male Point of View -- Sheldon Marks, MD -- 05/14/03
- Sex: Men's Guide to Great Sex-- Michael Castleman
Prevention & Wellness
- 'Cocktail' Approach Offers Early Hope for New Male Contraceptive
- Health Tip: Understanding Vasectomy
- Health Tip: Vasectomy Has Some Risks
- 'March Madness' a Peak Time for Vasectomies
- 6 in 10 of America's Single Guys 'Take Responsibility' for Contraception
- Little Evidence That Vasectomy Raises Prostate Cancer Risk
- A Plug Instead of a Snip for Male Birth Control?
- Vasectomy May Not Raise Prostate Cancer Risk After All
- Male Birth Control: More Options Soon?
- Mouse Study Hints at New 'Male Contraceptive'
- As U.S. Economy Worsened, Vasectomy Rates Rose, Study Finds
- Study Links Vasectomy to Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Did Recession Lead to Increase in Vasectomies?
- Surgery Checklists Help OR Teams in a Crisis, Study Finds
- Progress Toward Male Birth Control Pill?
- Gel Shows Promise as Future Male Contraceptive