Patient Comments: Vaginitis - Causes

What was the cause of your case of vaginitis?

Comment from: isab, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I continue to have a problem with vaginitis the day after having intercourse. I get an itch at the entrance of the vagina. I have treated this many times I and my partner have been tested on several occasions and the doctor finds nothing wrong with either of us. However it continues to happen and I can't seem to solve the problem.

Comment from: Gem, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

Topiramate (Topamax), a preventive medicine for migraines caused my vaginitis.

Comment from: anonymous, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

I have had vaginitis more than once actually. It was due to douching and the usage of feminine deodorant sprays. Once I developed a urinary tract infection simultaneously with vaginitis and had to have that treated first.

Comment from: ba9984, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

I had some odor sometimes when I urinated, a little itching and discharge with vaginitis.

Comment from: Sony, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 03

I am 19 years old and my vagina itches very much except during my periods. It gets red and the skin looks thin after itching. It even gets swelled up, I am very much scared and fed up too.

Comment from: charoscar, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I recently began using NuvaRing for birth control and within a few days of inserting it I noticed I was having the symptoms of vaginitis, I've only had one yeast infection in the past and that was due to a medication during pregnancy so I'm quite sure the NuvaRing was the cause.

Vaginitis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with vaginitis.
Vaginitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with vaginitis?
Vaginitis - Medication Question: What medications were helpful in resolving your case of vaginitis?
Vaginitis - Prevention Question: What steps do you take to prevent vaginitis?