Patient Comments: Vaginal Pain and Vulvodynia - Home Remedies

What home remedies have been helpful in relieving your vaginal pain and vulvodynia? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Shelynn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I"ve had vulvodynia pain, off and on, for about as long as I can remember (30 years? I"m 49 now). I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia in "91 by two doctors (in case there"s a connection). I never knew what was causing this extreme itching and cutting pain in my labia, which stings most when I introduce any liquid to the area, but the symptoms of vulvodynia seem to fit best. I got so desperate the other night (waiting for obstetrician/gynecologist appointment) that I applied the kind of lidocaine with aloe that I use for sunburn. This helps some, as long as I put just a very thin layer on and only on the spots that are most painful. I"m looking for a better solution, however.

Comment from: Mals, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I had terrible vaginal pain upon intercourse for years. Finally I was diagnosed with lichen sclerosis. The doctor told me to use clobetasol, but that just thins the skin and makes it worse. Now there is terrible burning and itching all the time. I am not sure what to do now.

Comment from: Icej, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I was told by three doctors that I had endometriosis, but didn't have the surgery to confirm. I've heard a few things, low oxalate diets help vulvodynia. Grain free can help. I stopped eating red meat, and yeast, and beans and that has seemed to help. Paleo, maybe. The doctors just wanted me to take the pill and get surgery.

Comment from: Vivienne, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I had back pain which also included the groin area. I at the same time started an Itch. I was given cortisone cream, no help. I was sent to 3 different women"s hospitals, each with women"s disorders clinics. Then I was given a new doctor at my medical center. She sent me to the head gynecologist in the obstetrics department. (I am 72!) It worked. No scented gels, creams or lotions; hypoallergenic toilet paper and standing or lying sometimes to watch television.

View Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Slideshow Pictures