Patient Comments: Urinary Incontinence in Children - Daytime

Does your child have daytime incontinence? Please share your family's experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: WorriedMom, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 25

My son (9 years) used to bed-wet till last year. Now the bed-wetting at night has stopped, but he passes urine involuntarily while awake. I have taken him to doctors two times but they say he'll outgrow this. He is really suffering, and struggling to stop the urine from leaking out. Though I always I am supportive and try to reassure him after he wets his clothes, I know he's feeling very bad inside.

Comment from: Capmommy, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 29

My son had the same issue with urination. He's 5 and was fully potty trained when he started having these accidents. Turned out it was nothing with his bladder but he was suffering from constipation. Pediatrician examined his belly and felt the stool, and she put him on Miralax every day. The urinary incontinence was due to the constipation. He has been on it for 4 days already and would you believe it, no accidents. Thank goodness! Please have that checked. I would have never guessed it. We were headed to a urologist.

Comment from: 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 24

My daughter has problem of diurnal wetting, before she reaches the toilet she passes urine in her underwear.

Comment from: nsovo, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 03

My daughter is still bedwetting and she experiences urine leak during the day before she reaches the toilet seat.

Comment from: Abhay, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 06

My son urinates while he is busy in play. When I ask him about it, he doesn't have any idea and goes to the toilet and urinates the remaining.

View Urinary Incontinence in Women Slideshow Pictures