Patient Comments: Urinalysis - Symptoms

Was there a disease or condition discovered through your urinalysis?

Comment from: Zoya, Published: May 30

My father has been suffering from tic douloureux (trigeminal neuralgia) since last 10 years. It started when a young dentist pulled out his teeth in a wrong way, from dental pain to facial trigeminal neuralgia. No good neurologists are there in our area, and first 5 years they have been giving him pain killing injection. Now as he is aging vessels get weaker and injections are not taken up properly to pain area and he is suffering from severe pain.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: utiorno, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I've been suffering from UTI symptoms on and off for three weeks. The first week I went to the doctor, I had painful swollen glands and UTI symptoms. The doctor did a urinalysis and found no WBC. He sent me for an ultrasound and CT scan, both of which came back negative. I've continued to have pain in my legs from the swollen pelvic glands and urine symptoms. I went back to the doctor today as I feel so run down I can't function, and my urinalysis came back with a high WBC count. The doctor gave me antibiotics, but I'm nervous that it is something other than a UTI. I've had UTIs in the past, and this is different. I don't have the frequency, but when I do go, I have burning and spasms.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Urinalysis - Results Question: Please describe your urinalysis results.
Urinalysis - Microscopic Urinalysis Experience Question: Did your doctor perform a microscopic urinalysis? What did the results indicate?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors