Patient Comments: Ultrasound - Diagnosis

What type of ultrasound did you have and what was the diagnosis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Julie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

Preparation for colonoscopy was limited roughage 2 days before, liquid diet 1 day before. I started drinking preparation at 3:30 pm the day before. I didn't like the taste or the amount but it worked quickly and thoroughly. I reported to the hospital at 8:30 am. Very caring doctors and nurses. I remember being wheeled into the procedure room, talking to a person I knew and then woke up in recovery. No pain, no memories. Due to a kink the doctor couldn't get past, and I ended up having a barium enema with x-rays. Not pleasant but caring technicians made it bearable. This was my second colonoscopy. I was out for the first one also. No problems. Will do it again if needed.

Comment from: BB, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I had a vaginal ultrasound and a pelvic one. They found a mass and immediately told me it was cancer; but could not determine if it was ovarian or bowel. I am waiting for CT appointment now.

Comment from: Jen, 25-34 Female Published: November 06

I lived on Maui and I strongly believe I had bird flu. It started after the island had an earthquake. In the next few days I became sick. For two days I was vomiting and had a fever. The throwing up stopped because I had nothing to throw up anymore. After that I had body aches, chills, and jaw clenching, I was literally chewing on a wet wash cloth. I was coughing on and on and could not sleep lying down until I was so exhausted I would pass out. I was very weak, I could not eat solid foods; I tried, I just couldn't. I literally survived on water and those emergency mix packets. I was sick for over a week and went to a walk-in clinic, no insurance, so they told me take NyQuil and I should be getting better. I tried to tell them I was dying, I'd never felt like this in my life. They just ignored me. I was ready to be admitted to a hospital just to get IV fluids, something was just wrong! Another week went by and I was not improving, I was getting worse. When I would breathe I could hear and feel my lungs popping and I thought pneumonia! I went back to the clinic and they saw I was not improving and listened to my lungs and oxygen saturation was way low! They gave me an inhaler and said to take Mucinex! I coughed up fluid and what not for at least another 2 weeks. I was so weak, was able to eat soup, but not much else. I had lost 20 pounds in the month and a half I was sick. It was awful, and the whole time no one believed I was that sick! I thought I was going to die!

Comment from: JodyS, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 19

My therapist is doing ultrasound for my Achilles tendinitis to reduce inflammation, along with special stretching exercise. I was surprised that ultrasound would be used for this. My sessions are continuing and I am hopeful that this will end my continuing heel pain.

Comment from: HOLLYWOOD, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I am simply trying to find out what an ultra sound of my pancreas means when it says the visualized portions are mildly echogenic but otherwise normal. I have Crohn's disease and so the blame for all my health issues goes to that.

Comment from: Topsailer, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I just went for repeat breast ultrasound. I was told after unusual mammogram and ultrasound that I had clogged milk duct and that I am supposed to return in 6 months for a repeat test. A different doctor repeated the test and said I had a very small breast cyst and nothing further was necessary. I am 54.

Comment from: confusedmom, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I had a regular 3D ultrasound done today and this would be my 7th one. They scanned me and scanned bladder, kidneys, heart, and abdomen. The doctor came in and told me they could not see the vessels in the cord. So now I'm worried if I had a 2 or 3 vessel cord.

Comment from: Nurul, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I was 8 weeks pregnant but when I did the ultrasound with my doctor last week he cannot find my baby's heartbeat. I go to another doctor the next day and repeat the same ultrasound, the doctor also couldn't find my baby's heartbeat.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter