Protein powder is a liquid shake that's been pre-mixed for you with a specific type of protein powder that is either animal- or plant-based. There are seven types of protein powder including mixed protein, whey, egg, soy, rice, hemp, and pea. Read more: How Many Types of Protein Powders Are There and Which Is the Best? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Diet and Nutrition: Protein Sources That Aren’t Meat
Pack your pantry with these high-protein beans, seeds, nuts, and grains.
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Can a high protein diet help you lose weight fast and help you feel full? High-protein diets are popular, but is there a down...
Protein Quiz: Foods High in Protein
Protein is a staple in our diets, but what happens if we get too much? Take this quiz to find out the truth about protein and...
Diet and Nutrition: Foods With More Protein Than an Egg
You've probably heard that eggs are a great way to get protein. But lots of other foods, from chickpeas to hemp seeds, offer just...
Signs You're Not Getting Enough Protein
Are you getting enough protein in your diet? Learn to spot the warning signs of protein deficiency, who is the most at risk, and...
Healthy Eating: Veggies That Pack in the Protein
When you think protein, you probably think meat, eggs, and maybe dairy. But veggies have plenty of protein, too. Find out more...
Diet and Nutrition: Cheap and Healthy Sources of Protein
You don't have to spend a bundle to stock up on protein-rich foods. Learn more about inexpensive and healthy ways to get your...
Related Disease Conditions
Is Plant Protein Good or Bad for Kidneys?
Eating less meat and more vegetables has many health benefits. Plant protein may help lower your risk of kidney disease.
Which Fruits Have the Highest Protein?
The recommended daily allowance of protein for adults is 0.36 grams per pound of bodyweight. The fruits that have the highest protein content include avocados and guava.
Is Plant Protein Better Than Meat Protein?
By choosing plant proteins rather than meat proteins, you can expect many health benefits like low cancer risk and low diabetes risk.
What Does it Mean to Have Protein in Your Urine?
Protein in your urine, or proteinuria, is a sign that your kidneys are damaged and not working as well as they should.
What Happens When You Eat Too Much Protein?
Our body uses protein to build the muscles and organs, deliver oxygen to the cells, and keep the immune system working. Most people should get at least 10-15% of their daily calories from protein.
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- How Do You Calculate How Much Protein You Need a Day?
- Does Eating More Protein Help You Gain Muscle?
- Which Foods Are the Highest in Protein?
- How Can I Increase My Protein Intake Without Calories?
- High-Protein Low Carbs Diet for Weight Loss
- What Are 9 Symptoms of Protein Deficiency?
- Is Vegan Protein Powder Better Than Whey?
- What Are the Best Sources of Plant Protein?
- What Foods Are High in Methionine (L-Methionine) and What Is It Good For?
- Are Protein Shakes Good for Weight Loss?
- What Foods Are High in Protein?
- How Do I Calculate How Much Protein I Need?
- What Are Protein Shakes and Drinks Good for, and Can You Drink Them Daily?
- Should I Take BCAA (Branched-Chain Amino Acids) Every Day?
- Are Vegan Protein Powders Good for You?
- How Does Protein Benefit Your Body?
- Which Protein Powder Is Most Effective?
- What Are 10 Protein Sources?
- What Can Vegans Eat for Protein?
- Macros: What They Are and How to Count Them for Weight Loss
- Are Protein Powders Good for You?
- Which Is Better — Whey or Casein?