Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which a person's pancreas does not produce enough insulin to meet the needs of the body. Causes of type 2 diabetes are a sedentary lifestyle, eating excess sugar and carbohydrates, lack of exercise, being overweight, and genetics. Symptoms of type 2 diabetes are often subtle, but may include fatigue, urine odor, unintentional Read more: Type 2 Diabetes Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment, Medication
Learn about type 2 diabetes warning signs, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options. Read how diet and exercise can help manage...
Diabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Discover the best and worst meals for diabetes-savvy dining. See how to avoid carbs and control your blood sugar with healthier...
How Diabetes Can Affect Your Feet
Learn more about diabetes related foot problems. For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot...
Food Portion Distortion Quiz: Correct Serving Size
Are your portions deceiving you? Take the Food Portion Distortion Quiz to find out how and why gigantic portions trick you into...
Type 2 Diabetes: Test Your Medical IQ
What causes type 2 diabetes? Can it be prevented? Take this online quiz and challenge your knowledge of this common condition....
Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
Take our Superfoods Quiz! Get to know how unprocessed, raw, organic foods and healthy drinks are rich in nutrients and dietary...
Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Diabetes Quiz and learn the causes, signs, symptoms, and types of this growing epidemic. What does diabetes have to do...
Diabetic Neuropathy Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Diabetic neuropathy is serious. Take this quiz to get the facts....
Picture of Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy, a common complication of diabetes, affects the blood vessels in the retina (the thin light-sensitive...
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Improve Diabetes Nerve Pain
Read about diabetic peripheral neuropathy and exercises to manage nerve pain. Learn how to cope with the symptoms of diabetic...
Blood Sugar Swings: Tips for Managing Diabetes & Glucose Levels
Learn to better control your glucose levels by preventing blood sugar swings. Beware of caffeine, sugary foods, spices, exercise,...
Prediabetes: You Can Turn It Around
Prediabetes can be a wake-up call. Click through to find out what you can do if you have it....
Travel Tips for Better Diabetes Control
Traveling with diabetes can be intimidating, but it shouldn't stop you! Learn tips for packing your diabetic supplies, how to...
Pictures of Famous People With Diabetes
See pictures of celebrities that have been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes including Mary Tyler Moore, Salma Hayek, and...
Vegetarian Diet: Tasty, Basic Choices in Pictures
Thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Compared to the general population, the typical vegetarian has a lower body mass index...
Diabetes Diet: 11 Low-Sugar Drink Ideas
Searching for low-sugar drink ideas? This pictures slideshow has eleven beverages ideal for people with diabetes and those...
Diabetes Management Tips and Preventing Complications
Learn 10 simple ways to better manage your diabetes. See tips for controlling blood sugar, diet and exercise and other helpful...
Pictures of 10 Muscle-Building Exercises for Diabetes
Watch this slideshow on Diabetes and Exercise. If you have diabetes, see how strengthening your muscles with these 10 weight...
Diabetes: 12 Ways Too Much Sugar Harms Your Body
The bitter truth: How too much sugar can harm your physical and mental health....
Related Disease Conditions
Diabetes Symptoms in Men
Diabetes mellitus is a disease in which a person's blood sugar (blood glucose) is either too high (hyperglycemia) or too low...
Diabetes Diet for Type 2 Diabetes, List of Foods
A type 2 diabetes diet or a type 2 diabetic diet is important for blood sugar (glucose) control in people with diabetes to...
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Peripheral Neuropathy (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Medications)
Peripheral neuropathy is a problem with the functioning of the nerves outside of the spinal cord. Symptoms may include numbness,...
Low Testosterone (Low T)
Low testosterone (low-T) can be caused by conditions such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, liver or kidney disease, hormonal...
Fibrocystic Breast Condition (Changes)
Fibrocystic breast condition (sometimes called fibrocystic breast disease) is characterized by lumpiness and usually pain,...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Gestational diabetes is a condition that is first recognized during pregnancy and is characterized by high blood sugar....
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Fatty Liver (NASH)
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or NASH occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver...
Diabetes Treatment (Type 1 and Type 2 Medications and Diet)
The major goal in treating diabetes is controlling elevated blood sugar without causing abnormally low levels of blood sugar....
Gastroparesis is a medical condition in which the muscle of the stomach is paralyzed by a disease of either the stomach muscle...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
High Blood Sugar (Glucose, Hyperglycemia)
Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar is a serious health problem for diabetics. There are two types of hyperglycemia, 1) fasting,...
Normal Blood Sugar Levels (Ranges) In Adults with Diabetes
People with diabetes can manage and prevent low or high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia) by keeping a log of...
Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is a syndrome in which a person's blood sugar is dangerously low. People with type 1 and type 2...
Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes (Similarities and Differences)
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic condition in which a person's blood sugar (glucose) levels are too high. Over 29.1 million...
Diabetic Ketoacidosis (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Complications)
Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a complication of type 1 diabetes that is life threatening. If a person thinks they may have...
Diabetic Neuropathy (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment)
Diabetic neuropathy a condition in which nerve damage has occurred as a complication of diabetes. The pain from the nerve...
Diabetes Symptoms in Women
Diabetes symptoms in women include vaginal itching, pain, or discharge, loss if interest or pain after having sex, polycystic...
Diabetes and Foot Problems (Treatment)
Diabetes related foot problems can affect your health with two problems: diabetic neuropathy, where diabetes affects the nerves,...
Diabetes and Eye Problems
Diabetes and eye problems are generally caused by high blood sugar levels over an extended period of time. Types of eye problems...
Preventing Diabetes Naturally (Type 2, Diet, Causes, Symptoms)
Prediabetes is a condition in which a person has early symptoms of diabetes, but have not yet fully developed the condition. If...
Sex, Urinary, and Bladder Problems of Diabetes
Having diabetes can mean early onset and increased severity of bladder symptoms (urinary incontinence and urinary tract...
Type 2 Diabetes Medications (Side Effects, Differences)
Type 2 diabetes oral medications are prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes in conjuction with lifestyle changes like diet and...
A diabetic diet, or diabetes diet helps keep blood glucose levels in the target range for patients. Exercise and medication may...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Diabetes and Kidney Disease
In the United States diabetes is the most common cause of kidney failure. High blood pressure and high levels of blood glucose...
Tips for Managing Type 1 and 2 Diabetes at Home
Managing your diabetes is a full time commitment. The goal of diabetic therapy is to control blood glucose levels and prevent the...
Diabetes: Caring for Your Diabetes at Special Times
Taking care of a disease such as diabetes is a life-long process. Learn how to care for yourself or loved one with diabetes in...
Diabetes - Safe Drugs for Colds and the Flu
If you have diabetes and catch a cold or the flu, can be more difficult to recover from infections and their complications, for...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- metformin (Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glumetza, Fortamet, Riomet)
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- SGLT2 Inhibitors (Sodium-Glucose Co-Transporter 2)
- Insulin for Diabetes Treatment (Types, Side Effects, and Preparations)
- Actos (pioglitazone)
- metformin and sitagliptin (Janumet)
- Metformin vs. Januvia
- Amaryl (glimepiride)
- sitagliptin; Januvia
- glipizide, Glipizide XL, Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL
- exenatide (Byetta)
- Metformin (Glucophage) vs. Glipizide (Glucotrol)
- canagliflozin, Invokana
- Metformin vs. Janumet
- Precose (acarbose)
- repaglinide (Prandin)
- Trulicity (dulaglutide)
- Jardiance (empagliflozin)
- Glucovance (glyburide/metformin)
- pramlintide (Symlin)
- dapagliflozin, Farxiga
- Saxenda (liraglutide injection)
- nateglinide, Starlix
- Victoza (liraglutide)
- rosiglitazone, Avandia
- Tradjenta (linagliptin)
- Qsymia (phentermine and topiramate extended-release )
- glipizide and metformin (Metaglip has been discontinued in the US)
- insulin glargine (Lantus)
- Adlyxin (lixisenatide)
- Avandamet (rosiglitazone/metformin)
- tolazamide (Tolinase brand has been discontinued.)
Prevention & Wellness
- Enlarged Prostate Meds May Increase Diabetes Risk
- Common Diabetes Drug May Also Shield Kidneys, Heart
- The Earlier You Develop Type 2 Diabetes, the Greater Your Heart Risks
- Unhealthy Diets May Be World's Biggest Killer
- Common Diabetes Test May Often Miss the Mark
- Which Type of Exercise Might Lower Your Diabetes Risk?
- First Steps After a Diabetes Diagnosis
- Coping With Diabetes Is a Family Affair
- AHA News: Diabetes Remains Dangerous Despite Modern Medicine
- Walnuts, Almonds Help the Hearts of Those With Type 2 Diabetes
- Continuous Glucose Monitors Make Managing Diabetes Easier
- Weight-Loss Surgery Typically Pushes Type 2 Diabetes Into Remission
- Diabetic Crisis? 'Wonder Dog' Emma Alerts Owner to the Danger
- Eating Before Bedtime Won't Send Blood Sugar Levels Soaring
- Experimental Drug Could Be New Option for Type 2 Diabetes
- Heart-Healthy Living Also Wards Off Type 2 Diabetes
- Common Heart, Diabetes Meds May Help Ease Mental Illness
- Wider Waistlines, Smaller Brains?
- Diet Soda Linked to Risk for Diabetic Blindness
- Study Eases Concern That Common Diabetes Med Might Harm Bones
- Do Your Gut Bacteria Affect Your Diabetes Meds?
- If You're Diabetic, Foot Care a Must
- Some Diabetes Drugs Linked to Higher Heart Risks
- Scientists Get Closer to Generating Cells Lost to Diabetes
- Migraine's 'Silver Lining': Lowered Risk for Diabetes?
- Does Diabetes Damage Brain Health?
- Do Diabetics Really Need to Fast for Blood Tests?
- Health Tip: Manage Diabetes During the Holidays
- Few Americans Have Optimal 'Metabolic Health'
- Sugary Drinks: A Big Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Doctor Not Available for Diabetes Care? Nurse Practitioners Do Just as Well
- What You Can Do to Prevent Diabetes
- High Deductibles May Mean Poorer Diabetes Care
- Obesity All on Its Own Can Raise Your Health Risks
- You May Be Prediabetic and Don't Know It, CDC Warns
- Diabetes Drug Might Also Ease Heart Failure Risks
- Soda Makers Using Ballot Measures to Fight Soda Taxes
- For Diabetics, Going Vegan May Boost Mood Along With Health
- Almost Half of Americans Are Trying to Lose Weight: CDC
- Obesity Surgery May Cut Heart Attack Risk in Diabetics
- Diabetes Can Make Weight-Loss Harder. Here's Help
- Does Breastfeeding Hormone Protect Against Type 2 Diabetes?
- Diabetes, Dementia Can Be Deadly Combination
- Severe Infections Rising Among Americans With Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes Tied to Raised Risk of Tumors, Cancer Deaths
- What Did Americans Eat Today? A Third Would Say Fast Food
- 30 Million Americans Now Have Diabetes
- When Blood Sugar Rises in Pregnancy, Mom and Baby Pay the Price
- Health Tip: Control Some Risk Factors for Diabetes
- Want to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes? Eat More Whole Grains
- New Hormonal Link Suspected in Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Warns of Serious Genital Infection With Diabetes Meds
- Gene Test Predicts Risk of 5 Common Diseases
- Health Tip: Dispelling Myths About Diabetes
- Just 2 Weeks' Inactivity Can Trigger Diabetes in at-Risk Seniors: Study
- Study Confirms Added Cancer Risk for Diabetics, Especially Women
- Adding or Switching Diabetes Drugs Can Put Patients at Risk: Study
- A 3-Pronged Plan to Cut Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Diabetes Diagnosis 'Silver Lining'? Other Family Members' Health May Improve
- Working Overtime Could Raise Women's Diabetes Risk
- Human Insulin as Good as Costly Synthetic Versions
- Even at 'Safe' Levels, Air Pollution May Boost Diabetes Risk
- Aggressive Treatment Doesn't Slow Type 2 Diabetes in Children: Study
- Does Mental Illness Raise Diabetes Risk?
- One Blood Test Might Be Enough to Diagnose Diabetes
- Diabetes Linked to Risk for Parkinson's Disease
- Small World? Not With One-Quarter Obese by 2045
- Health Tip: Understanding Diabetic Eye Disease
- Can Type 2 Diabetes Lead to Irregular Periods for Teen Girls?
- FDA OKs AI Device to Detect Diabetic Retinopathy
- Red and Processed Meats Linked to Liver Woes
- Health Tip: Using Diabetes Equipment
- Primary Care Doctors Loosen Type 2 Diabetes Goals
- The Sooner Type 2 Diabetes Arrives, the Worse for Your Heart
- Rotating Night Shifts a Path to Diabetes, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Sleep's Effects on Diabetes
- Experts Questioning Study on Insulin Quality
- Emergency Services Crews Often Unprepared for Diabetic Crises
- Breast-Feed Now, Stave Off Diabetes Later
- Weight-Loss Surgery's Benefits Wane Over Time for Diabetics
- Big Strides Made in Diabetes Care
- Diabetics May Often Fare Poorly in Hospice Care
- Goodbye, Needles? Patch Might Be the Future for Blood-Sugar Tracking
- Friendships May Be Your Defense Against Diabetes
- New Diabetes Drug Gets FDA OK Under 'Abbreviated' Pathway
- Ozempic Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- 6 Percent of Cancers Caused by Excess Weight, Diabetes
- With Diabetes, Be on the Alert for Foot Sores
- Diabetes, High Blood Pressure While Pregnant Spells Trouble Later On
- Severe Psoriasis May Make Diabetes Increasingly Likely
- Health Tip: Diabetes Affects Women Differently
- 'Fountain of Youth' Gene Discovered in Secluded Amish Community
- Diabetes May Be Driving High Rates of Breast Cancer in Black Women
- Younger People With Diabetes Have 7 Times Greater Risk of Sudden Heart Death
- Fewer Diabetes Cases Being Missed
- Do Statins Raise Odds for Type 2 Diabetes?
- Making Halloween a Treat for Kids With Diabetes
- Flu Shot Key for People With Diabetes
- U.S. Pays a Hefty Price for Obesity
- Fracture Risk Higher for Seniors With Diabetes
- Can Coffee or Tea Extend Survival With Diabetes?
- Increasing Salt Intake Tied to Diabetes Risk
- 'Upside' to Diabetes Really Isn't
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Raise Your Diabetes Risk?
- Diabetes Threatens Kidneys, Vision of Millions of Americans
- Health Tip: Kids and Type 2 Diabetes
- Could Big Lifestyle Changes Be Key to Managing Type 2 Diabetes?
- Lack of Sleep May Raise Child's Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
- Heart Health Ignored by Many With Type 2 Diabetes
- Instagram Shows How Diabetics Really Wear a Glucose Monitor
- Engineered Skin Cells Control Type 2 Diabetes in Mice: Study
- Protein Deposits Seem to Play Role in Type 2 Diabetes
- Could a Little Alcohol Lower Your Diabetes Risk?
- Many Primary Care Docs May Miss Prediabetes
- Early Menopause May Be Tied to Type 2 Diabetes
- Broccoli Extract Shows Promise for Type 2 Diabetes
- Are You at Risk for Metabolic Syndrome?
- Key Diabetes Test Gives Higher Blood Sugar Readings in Black Patients
- Can Folks With Type 2 Diabetes Forgo the Finger Stick?
- Study Confirms Link Between Diabetes Med and Rare But Dangerous Complication
- Diabetes Drug Gets FDA Warning Due to Amputation Risk
- Red Wine Antioxidant Might Help Diabetics' Arteries
- Nevada Bill Aims to Limit Insulin Costs
- Type 2 Diabetes May Be Bad for Brain Health
- What Drugs Work Best for Diabetic Nerve Pain?
- Many Kids With Diabetes Missing Out on Eye Exams, Study Finds
- A Warming Planet Might Mean More Diabetes
- Obesity in Youth Tied to Higher Odds for Liver Cancer in Men
- Intensive Treatment Shows Potential Against Type 2 Diabetes
- Too Much Screen Time May Raise Kids' Diabetes Risk
- Severe Low Blood Sugar Episode May Up Death Risk in Those With Type 2 Diabetes
- Downside to Gluten-Free Diets: Diabetes Risk?
- 1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
- Youth With Type 2 Diabetes Often Face Complications
- Dentists at the Front Line in Diabetes Epidemic
- Common Virus May Be Linked to Heart Disease, Diabetes in Some Women
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Help Obese Patients Beat Diabetes
- Genes Tied to Belly Size Also Linked to Heart Disease
- Could Fermented Foods Boost Your Health?
- Air Pollution May Raise Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Heart-Healthy Tips for Your Grocery List
- Timing of Your Meals Might Reduce Heart Risks
- Mary Tyler Moore: Diabetes Patient and Advocate
- Even One High-Fat Meal Can Harm Your Liver, Study Finds
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- Study Counters Link Between Excess Pregnancy Weight and Overweight Kids
- High-Tech Blood Sugar Monitors May Help People With Type 1 Diabetes
- Plant-Based Diets Score Big for Healthy Weight Loss
- Metformin Still Best as First Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- FDA OKs High-Tech Diabetes Device to Help Replace Fingerstick Tests
- Low-Carb Diet May Aid Your Metabolism
- Standing or 'Easy' Walks May Help Type 2 Diabetics Control Blood Sugar
- Vegetarian Diets Called Good for People and the Planet
- Insulin Prices Skyrocket, Putting Many Diabetics in a Bind
- Daily Can of Soda Boosts Odds for Prediabetes, Study Finds
- Follow-Up Appointments Boost Weight-Loss Surgery Success
- New Guidelines Urge Diabetics to Move More
- Doctors Should Promote Breast-Feeding to Patients: Panel
- Have Type 2 Diabetes? Try Walking After Eating
- Research Sheds Light on Why People Who Lose Weight Gain It Back
- More Evidence Linking Obesity to Liver Cancer
- High-Protein Diets May Not Help Fend Off Diabetes: Study
- Worry About Job Loss May be Linked to Diabetes Risk: Study
- Is Web-Based Test for Prediabetes Faulty?
- 'Spare Tire' May Be Tougher on Your Heart Than 'Love Handles'
- Smart City Planning Can Cut Deadly Diseases, Improve Air Quality
- Marriage May Help Diabetics Keep Weight Off
- 31 Million Older Americans Aren't Getting Enough Exercise
- Could Fish Oil Fatty Acids Raise a Woman's Risk for Diabetes?
- Study Sees Link Between Long Naps, Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Bodybuilders' Steroid Abuse Linked to Pre-Diabetic Condition
- Intensive Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Can Extend Survival: Study
- Sugary Drink Warnings Hit Home With Teens
- Fried, Grilled or Baked Foods? They May Affect Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Fatty Fish May Curb Eye Risks for Diabetics, Study Finds
- When Diabetes Strikes, Get Moving to Lower Risk to Eyes
- Diabetes Drug Victoza Might Not Help Advanced Heart Failure Patients
- Fat May Not Hike Heart Attack Risk: Study
- FDA OKs New Injectable Type 2 Diabetes Medication
- Flu Shot Tied to Fewer Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Which Diabetes Drug Is Best?
- U.S. Teen Diabetes Rate Exceeds Prior Estimates
- Healthy Fats Can Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Normal Weight May Not Protect Against Diabetes
- Rising Blood Sugar Hitting More Obese Adults
- Pedal Away From Type 2 Diabetes
- Study Suggests Type 2 Diabetes-Cancer Link
- Global Team Taps Into DNA Behind Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Caring for Foot Ulcers
- Sufficient Sleep May Help Protect Men Against Diabetes: Study
- Health Tip: When Your Blood Glucose Rises
- Brains of Teens With Type 2 Diabetes May Have Gray Matter Differences
- Diabetes Drug Victoza May Help the Heart: Study
- Spare the Meat, Skip the Type 2 Diabetes?
- 3 Popular Diet Plans May Help Ease Type 2 Diabetes, Too
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Helps Fight Diabetic Eye Disease
- Diabetes Doesn't Doom Seniors to Disability
- Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease a Dangerous Combo
- Intensive Blood Sugar Control May Be Too Much for Some With Type 2 Diabetes
- Genes Might Help Shield Some Black Men From Obesity
- Weight-Loss Surgery Helps Treat Type 2 Diabetes
- As Fitness Levels Rise, Diabetes Risk Drops
- Type 2 Diabetes May Damage Hearing, Study Finds
- Psoriasis Tied to Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes
- Metformin Safer for Heart Than Other Common Type 2 Diabetes Drugs: Study
- Widely Used Type 2 Diabetes Drug May Reduce Cancer Death Risk
- Diabetes Steals Years, Adds Disabilities
- Diabetes Cases Quadruple Worldwide Since 1980: Report
- Cost of Insulin Rises Threefold in Just a Decade: Study
- FDA: 2 Diabetes Drugs May Be Linked to Heart Failure Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Help Control Type 2 Diabetes in Long Run
- Berries: Big Health Benefits in Small Packages
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Underactive Thyroid May Raise Odds for Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Diabetes Meds Vary in Safety and Effectiveness, Study Shows
- Hormone Exposure in Womb May Boost Later Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Daytime Sleepiness, Long Naps Linked to Heart Risks: Study
- A Wearable Patch Might Help Manage Diabetes Painlessly
- Diabetes May Raise Risk for Dangerous Staph Infection
- Fitness in Youth May Be Key to Diabetes Risk Decades Later
- Is Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Raised Risk of Certain Cancers?
- Study Compares Drugs for Common Diabetic Eye Disease
- Sleep Loss May Be Tied to Raised Diabetes Risk in Teen Boys
- New Type of Weight-Loss Surgery May Be Less Risky, Cheaper
- NFL Linemen Keep Growing, Putting Their Health at Risk, Experts Say
- Diabetes Drug May Not Help Obese Women Have Normal-Weight Babies
- Sitting for Hours May Raise Your Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Women's Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Check Your Risk for Diabetes, CDC Urges
- Catch-Up Sleep May Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Risk Tied to Sleep Loss: Study
- Stressed Teens May Face Higher Diabetes Risk as Adults: Study
- Pre-Pregnancy Potato Consumption Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Sugary Drinks Tied to Increase in Deep Belly Fat
- Scientists Identify Sugar-Busting Enzyme in Rats
- Gradual Decline in Soda's Sugar Content Might Help Curb Obesity
- Losing Pancreas Fat May Treat Type 2 Diabetes
- Weight-Loss Surgery Lowered Risk of Heart Attack, Type 2 Diabetes in Study
- Type 2 Diabetes May Raise Dementia Risk, Especially in Women: Study
- Diabetes Drug Improves Gut Bacteria, Study Finds
- Another Downside to Diabetes: Tooth Loss
- Could Energy Drink 'Shots' Raise Teens' Diabetes Risk?
- New Diabetes Cases Among Americans Drop for First Time in Decades: CDC
- Metformin May Not Help Obese Teens With Type 1 Diabetes
- Breast-Feeding May Cut Risk of Type 2 Diabetes for Some Women
- Type 2 Diabetes Drug Helps Some With Chronic Depression: Study
- Could Viagra Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes in Those at Risk?
- Even Easy Exercise May Lower Blood Pressure in Those With Diabetes
- Short Bursts of Intense Exercise Might Benefit Type 2 Diabetics
- Home Cooking May Help Keep Type 2 Diabetes at Bay
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Trim Health Care Costs
- Sleep Patterns May Affect a Woman's Diabetes Risk
- Better Diets May Be Extending Americans' Lives
- More Belly Fat in First Trimester Linked to Diabetes Risk Later in Pregnancy
- Researchers Say They've Identified 3 Type 2 Diabetes Subtypes
- Despite Advances, Type 2 Diabetics Still Face Elevated Death Risk: Study
- Cutting Sugar From Diet Boosts Kids' Health Immediately: Study
- U.S. Task Force Urges Broader Screening for Type 2 Diabetes
- New Clues to How Gene Affects Women's Body Shape, Diabetes Risk
- New Clues to How Gene Affects Women's Body Shape, Diabetes Risk
- Higher-Protein Diet May Help Some With Type 2 Diabetes
- Taking Blood Pressure Drugs at Night May Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Smoking Linked to Greater Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Sugary Drinks Often Part of Overall Poor Diet
- Pesticide Exposure Tied to Diabetes Risk
- Tight Control of Type 2 Diabetes May Help Prevent Dementia
- Very High-Calorie Diets Show How Overeating May Lead to Diabetes
- Short, Intense Workouts May Help Hearts of Type 2 Diabetics
- Can Eye Screening for Diabetic Kids Be Delayed a Bit?
- Diabetes a Concern for Half of Americans
- More Evidence Weight-Loss Surgery Helps Fight Type 2 Diabetes
- Could Common Diabetes Drugs Help Fight Leukemia?
- Type 2 Diabetes Linked to More Alzheimer's Brain 'Tangles'
- FDA Warns of Joint Pain Tied to Common Type 2 Diabetes Drugs
- Antibiotics Linked to Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Diabetes Drug Might Also Help Some Patients Lose Weight
- Type 2 Diabetes Linked to Language Problems in Women
- More Evidence That Southern Cooking Boosts Heart Risk
- Skipping Breakfast a Bad Idea for People with Type 2 Diabetes
- Active As Teen, Free of Diabetes In Later Life?
- People With Type 2 Diabetes Do Benefit From Blood Sugar Checks
- High Blood Sugar May Boost Alzheimer's Risk
- High Soda Intake May Boost Diabetes Risk, Even Without Obesity
- Impotence Linked to Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- New Drug May Help Diabetic Kidney Disease Patients
- Type 2 Diabetes May Damage Thinking Skills: Study
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Beat Diet, Exercise as Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- Diabetes Rates Fall in Neighborhoods With Healthy Food, Parks and Gyms
- Fat No Longer the Focus of New U.S. Dietary Guidelines