Patient Comments: Tuberculosis (TB) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your TB? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: pank, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

I had symptoms of cough that lasted for more than 8 months until last year before Christmas. I started to have enormously increased amounts of non-purulent sputum, two months after which, I had serious chest pains while breathing in. I had a persistent weakness and weight loss too. However, I occasionally experienced mild fever as well. During the prime of my symptomatic exhibits TB, I could also experience fluid accumulation in my left lung. I am currently undergoing treatment.

Comment from: Favorfavor, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 01

My mum has had bad cough for over 3 months. The chest x-ray was not good. She was treated for pneumonia on assumption. She had chest pains, unproductive cough, several night sweats, and TB (tuberculosis) test was negative. Her chest pains and gas started afresh, I wonder if she can start TB treatment without the results.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 04

I used to get headache in the early morning. My Left arm stopped functioning. I had an MRI scan where a brain tumor was found due to tuberculosis. I underwent an operation and took medicines for a year.

Comment from: sylivia.N, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I had a cough that was not healing. When I coughed up blood, my doctor screened my sputum, which came back positive for tuberculosis. I was put on drugs for two months and was tested again. Bacteria was no longer evident in my sputum. I continued with the drugs for six more months and was tested again. The results were negative, so I was discharged from the TB clinic.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter