Patient Comments: Tuberculosis (TB) - Treatment

What was the treatment for your TB? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Richie, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

I experienced hearing loss after my second treatment of TB.

Comment from: Ynna, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I've been diagnosed with tuberculosis early this year. I'm done with the treatment for 6 months, but I'm still worried because the lump on my neck is still there.

Comment from: Ashish, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

I am 24 year old guy. There were no symptoms of cough for three days. I was under pressure since July 2012, so my lifestyle is irregular. It is my nature to feel a fever when I'm under pressure. This time, I had a fever, and after three days felt chest pain. I went to the doctor for the chest pain, who ordered an X-ray. The doctor showed me cavities in the image. Then I started coughing up sputum. I had other tests, like a CT scan fiberoptic bronchoscopy, which showed the presence of a few Candida cells. The doctor told me to take TB medicine.

Comment from: devraj, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 13

After 7 months treatment for my TB, I feel better than before the treatment. I was suffered with fever, body pains and weakness. At the moment I am almost ok but still I am suffering with lower arms light pain and heat or temperature problem

Comment from: Sajan, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: December 29

In my Father's case, age 75, no symptoms appeared until the gland near his neck began swelling to a very large size. It was diagnosed to be tuberculosis.

Comment from: renz, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 29

My dad diagnosed with TB two weeks ago, and he needs blood because his blood platelet was too low, he is currently now at the general hospital in Tarlac city Philippines. I was hoping someone will help him to cure on his disease because it's very serious now, he vomits plenty of blood, now he needs 2 bags of bloods containing 450ml each bag. Help me to pray for my dad. Most of the symptoms of TB were present in my dad. I am hoping it will cure also.

Comment from: jad, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

I'm suffering right now for PTB, but I'm seriously want to cure myself, right now I'm taking a medication running up to 6 months. I lost my opportunity to work abroad, I lost my job but it's ok because my life is more important than anything else! Hoping someday that this bacteria will vanish because I believe that "GOD" is the great doctor.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I am a 44 year old woman who was told about a month ago that I was infected with the tuberculosis bacteria. I had a chest x-ray and it came back negative. However I had a Mantoux test done and I had a reaction. 17mm. As a result I am on the 9 month program.

Comment from: eddy, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: March 03

My mother woke up early in a.m and vomited clots of blood, we thought of the aspirin that she was taking that causes the side effects. She was rushed to the hospital; endoscopy was done and found out that she was positive for TB. She was asymptomatic except for vomiting of blood, the doctor prescribed antibiotics and she started taking as of now.

Comment from: stinker, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I thought l had a cold. Wrong, I was 22 years old. I had surgery on my left lung, both were affected. After 6 months in a sanitarium I went home for 1 year l took a shot every day and/also 6pills for 3more years. I feel l am very lucky had a Dr. whom was studying cancer at the Air Force Base. He gave me cancer drugs and they worked. I am now 64 years. old. My doctor now says he believes it will not return. I thank God every day.

Comment from: 55-64 Female Published: January 03

I was told recently that I have inactive TB because I lived with my father 47 years ago. He eventually passed away with TB.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter