Trending Travel Health Topics
Dengue fever is contracted from the bite of a striped Aedes aegypti mosquito. Dengue symptoms include headache, fever, exhaustion, severe joint and muscle pain, rash, and swollen glands. Since dengue is caused by a virus, there is no specific medicine to treat it.
Watch this slideshow on travel health and vaccines to prevent disease while abroad. Learn to protect yourself against malaria, hepatitis, tetanus and more by learning which vaccines or health precautions are advised for your destination.
Related Disease Conditions
Dengue fever is contracted from the bite of a striped Aedes aegypti mosquito. Symptoms and signs of dengue include headache,...
Leptospirosis is an infectious disease that causes symptoms such as fever, headache, and chills. Treatment for leptospirosis...
Malaria is a disease that is spread by the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito. Malaria symptoms include fever, chills,...
Melioidosis (Whitmore's disease) is an infectious disease caused by Burkholderia pseudomallei bacteria. Symptoms include...
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV. Symptoms include fever and...
Travelers should prepare for their trip by visiting their physician to get the proper vaccinations and obtain the necessary...
Travelers' diarrhea is generally contracted by eating contaminated food or drinking contaminated water. Food is the primary...
Typhoid fever is an illness caused by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. The illness is contracted by ingesting the bacteria in...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Stress-Free Holiday Travel Tips
Learn holiday travel tips for a stress-free adventure. The holidays can be a very stressful time and it is important to prepare...
25 Ways to Stay Well Abroad in Pictures
Explore travel health tips and vaccines to prevent disease while abroad. Learn to protect yourself against malaria, hepatitis,...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Beat the Heat on Your Summer Vacation
- Health Tip: Controlling Altitude-Related Ear Pain
- Health Tip: Have a Fun and Safe Vacation
- Health Tip: Prevent Travelers' Diarrhea
- Health Tip: Studying Overseas
- Health Tip: Travel-Related Ills May Surface After You Return
- Health Tip: Traveling by Air
- Health Tip: Traveling With a Disability
- Pack the Right Footwear for Summer Vacations
- Smart Steps for Safer International Travel
- Health Tip: Travel Tips For Women With Breast Prosthesis
- Make Your Next Camping or Hiking Trip Trouble-free
- Vacation Bliss Doesn't Linger for Tired, Stressed-Out Workers
- When Is a Sick Fellow Flier a Health Risk to You?