Patient Comments: Thyroid Disorders - Nodules

Please describe your experience with thyroid nodules. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sstev, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I have been suffering from thyroid nodules my entire life but my thyroid blood work was always normal. I had biopsies performed because I was choking and the nodules could be seen protruding from my throat. The biopsy was benign and I underwent radioactive treatment to shrink the nodules. I have gained so much weight, dry skin, constipated, trouble sleeping, osteoporosis, and restless legs. My doctor won't increase my Synthroid because my blood work is normal. i am almost an anorexic ,desperate to lose weight( I am about 50 pounds overweight eating a 1000 calorie diet, exercising three times a week.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

i have a 1/2 of thyroid never been on medicine and now i have 2 nodules on the other side i am very tired loosing hair , hair is very brittle , and skin dry.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter