Trending Thyroid Topics
Thyroid diseases include hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and thyroid cancer. Symptoms of thyroid disease include weight loss or gain, hot flashes, fatigue, constipation, dry skin, and more. Treatment of thyroid disease depends on the cause of the disease.
Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which an overactive thyroid gland produces an excessive amount of thyroid hormones. Watch this slideshow to learn causes, symptoms and treatment for hyperthyroidism.
Watch this slideshow on thyroid symptoms and solutions. Fatigue, weight gain, hair loss, depression, could your thyroid be to blame? We look at hidden thyroid disorders, the tests and treatments, with pictures and illustrations.
Related Disease Conditions
Graves' Disease (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment Options)
Graves' disease is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Some of the symptoms of Graves' disease include hand tremors,...
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (Symptoms, Diet, Treatments, Pregnancy)
Hashimoto's thyroiditis or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis, is an autoimmune disorder causing inflammation of the thyroid gland....
Second Source article from Government...
Hypercalcemia (Elevated Calcium Levels)
Hypercalcemia is a condition in which calcium levels in the blood are elevated. Hypercalcemia is associated with other conditions...
Hyperparathyroidism is a disorder of the parathyroid glands. There are two types of hyperparathyroidism, primary and secondary....
Hyperthyroidism (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Medication, Diet)
Hyperthyroidism is an excess of thyroid hormone due to an overactive thyroid gland. Symptoms can include increased heart rate,...
In hypoparathyroidism, the parathyroid gland does not produce enough parathyroid hormone. Causes of hypoparathyroidism include...
Hypothyroidism (Symptoms, Diet, Natural and Medical Treatments, Tests)
Hypothyroidism is any state in which thyroid hormone production is below normal. Normally, the rate of thyroid hormone...
Myxedema coma is the loss of brain function due to severe longstanding low levels of thyroid hormone in the blood. Myxedema coma...
Thyroid Disorders Symptoms and Signs
Thyroid diseases and disorders are caused because the body either makes too much or too little thyroid hormones, which are...
There are several types of thyroid disorders including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, goiters, thyroid nodules, and thyroid...
Thyroid nodules are the most common endocrine problem in the United States. The term "thyroid nodule" refers to any abnormal...
Thyroiditis is the inflammation of the thyroid gland. The inflamed thyroid gland can release an excess of thyroid hormones into...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Hyperthyroidism Symptoms and Treatment
What is hyperthyroidism? Hyperthyroidism occurs when an overactive thyroid gland produces an excessive amount of thyroid...
Picture of Thyroid
The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland located in the front of the neck just below the Adams apple. See a picture of the Thyroid...
Thyroid Problems Explained
Learn about thyroid problems such as hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroid cancer, and more. Discover symptoms and treatments...
Thyroid Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Your unexplained change in weight could indicate a thyroid condition. Take the Thyroid Quiz to learn about common symptoms and...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Do Allergy Drugs Interact with Synthroid?
- Ask The Experts - Thyroid
- Thyroid and Iodine - Part 1
- Can Soy Foods Block Synthroid Absorption?
- Can I Stop Synthroid Without Doctor Supervision?
- Does Hashimoto's Thyroiditis Cause Other Diseases?
- Don't Be Afraid to Ask - Dr. Mathur
- Does Hypothyroidism Cause Palpitations?
- Goiter Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- Does Hashimoto's Affect Heart Disease and Osteoporosis?
- Hyperthyroidism and Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Symptoms
- How Do You Lose Weight if You're on Thyroid Hormones?
- Natural vs. Synthetic Thyroid Medications for Thyroid
- Potassium Iodide Pills: Can They Protect You From Radiation Exposure?
- Thyroid: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- Screening for Thyroid Disease?
- Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism - To Treat or Not ?
- What Are Side Effects of Synthroid?
- Thyroid Disease Types and Treatments
- Thyroid Storm
- What Vitamins or Foods Interfere with Synthroid?
- Thyroid and Iodine - Part 2
- What Is the Difference Between Cytomel and Synthroid?
- Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy - Tricks of the Trade
- Thyroid Nodule Surgery - Tipper's Thyroid