Trending Thyroid Topics
Thyroid diseases include hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and thyroid cancer. Symptoms of thyroid disease include weight loss or gain, hot flashes, fatigue, constipation, dry skin, and more. Treatment of thyroid disease depends on the cause of the disease.
Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which an overactive thyroid gland produces an excessive amount of thyroid hormones. Watch this slideshow to learn causes, symptoms and treatment for hyperthyroidism.
Watch this slideshow on thyroid symptoms and solutions. Fatigue, weight gain, hair loss, depression, could your thyroid be to blame? We look at hidden thyroid disorders, the tests and treatments, with pictures and illustrations.
Related Disease Conditions
Graves' disease is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Some of the symptoms of Graves' disease include hand tremors,...
Hashimoto's thyroiditis is the most common cause of hypothyroidism in the US. This conditions is caused by inflammation of the...
Second Source article from Government...
Hypercalcemia (Elevated Calcium Levels)
Hypercalcemia is a condition in which calcium levels in the blood are elevated. Hypercalcemia is associated with other conditions...
Hyperparathyroidism is a disorder of the parathyroid glands. There are two types of hyperparathyroidism, primary and secondary....
Hyperthyroidism is an excess of thyroid hormone resulting from an overactive thyroid gland. Symptoms can include increased...
In hypoparathyroidism, the parathyroid gland does not produce enough parathyroid hormone. Causes of hypoparathyroidism include...
Hypothyroidism is any state in which thyroid hormone production is below normal. Normally, the rate of thyroid hormone...
Myxedema coma is the loss of brain function due to severe longstanding low levels of thyroid hormone in the blood. Myxedema coma...
There are several types of thyroid disorders including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, goiters, thyroid nodules, and thyroid...
Thyroid nodules are the most common endocrine problem in the United States. The term "thyroid nodule" refers to any abnormal...
Thyroiditis is the inflammation of the thyroid gland. The inflamed thyroid gland can release an excess of thyroid hormones into...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Hyperthyroidism Symptoms and Treatment
What is hyperthyroidism? Hyperthyroidism occurs when an overactive thyroid gland produces an excessive amount of thyroid...
Picture of Thyroid
The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland located in the front of the neck just below the Adams apple. See a picture of the Thyroid...
Thyroid Problems Explained
Learn about thyroid problems such as hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroid cancer, and more. Discover symptoms and treatments...
Thyroid Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Your unexplained change in weight could indicate a thyroid condition. Take the Thyroid Quiz to learn about common symptoms and...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Do Allergy Drugs Interact with Synthroid?
- Ask The Experts - Thyroid
- Can Soy Foods Block Synthroid Absorption?
- Can I Stop Synthroid Without Doctor Supervision?
- Does Hashimoto's Thyroiditis Cause Other Diseases?
- Don't Be Afraid to Ask - Dr. Mathur
- Does Hypothyroidism Cause Palpitations?
- Goiter Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- Does Hashimoto's Affect Heart Disease and Osteoporosis?
- Hyperthyroidism and Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Symptoms
- How Do You Lose Weight if You're on Thyroid Hormones?
- Natural vs. Synthetic Thyroid Medications for Thyroid
- Potassium Iodide Pills: Can They Protect You From Radiation Exposure?
- Screening for Thyroid Disease?
- Sub-Clinical Hypothyroidism - To Treat or Not ?
- What Are Side Effects of Synthroid?
- Thyroid and Iodine - Part 1
- Thyroid and Iodine - Part 2
- Thyroid Disease Symptoms and Signs
- Thyroid Disease Types and Treatments
- Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy - Tricks of the Trade
- Thyroid Nodule Surgery - Tipper's Thyroid
- Thyroid Storm
- Thyroid: Questions To Ask Your Doctor
- What Vitamins or Foods Interfere with Synthroid?
- What Is the Difference Between Cytomel and Synthroid?