Elderberries, commonly referred to as black elder or European elderberry, are a type of berry that grows on the Sambucus shrub. They are commonly found in Europe, North America, North Africa, and Asia. They can be toxic when consumed raw but regarded safe when cooked, so elderberry extracts are used in various preparations such as jams and jellies.
Elderberries are well known for their therapeutic characteristics, and the extracts have been used in a variety of medicines for centuries. Elderberry extracts are regarded as a supporting agent in the battle against colds and flu.
What are the 7 best elderberry gummies?
Elderberry gummies are popular among both children and adults. They have anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that may help keep infections including colds at bay.
There are various varieties of elderberry gummies available in the market, and you must consider gummies that are organic and have scientifically confirmed components.
The seven best elderberry gummies include:
- Nature’s Way Sambucus Elderberry Gummies:
- Sambucus gummies are produced with a high concentration of quality black elderberry extract and are a great source of vitamin C and zinc that boost immunity.
- Elderberries contain anthocyanins, which are naturally occurring antioxidants. Antioxidants aid in the neutralization of free radicals.
- Gummies are manufactured with pectin rather than gelatin and are sweetened with organic tapioca and cane sugar.
- These are gluten-free, with no yeast, wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, peanuts, or artificial colors.
- Doctor’s Recipes Sambucus Elderberry Gummies:
- Doctor's Recipes' Elderberry Gummies include 200 mg of black elderberry extract at a 34:1 concentration per serving.
- The plant extract is produced completely from organic elderberry fruit, and the extraction process is well maintained that the plant's components such as flavonoids and dietary fiber are retained.
- These sugar-free, gelatin-free, easy-to-chew candies are naturally scented with raspberry and lemon and include condensed elderberries, zinc, vitamin C, and vegan D3. There are no added sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors.
- Both children and adults enjoy these gummies.
- Zarbee's Elderberry Gummy:
- Vitamins A, C, D, and E and zinc are included in these immune support gummies. They include actual elderberry extract, an antioxidant that contributes to the delightful taste of our gummies.
- The ingredients in these gummies are vegetarian-friendly.
- Fruit pectin is used instead of animal gelatin to give the gummies their soft, bouncing feel.
- The ingredients are healthy and suitable for toddlers, children, and adults.
- Airborne Elderberry Gummies:
- This elderberry-flavored immune support gummy contains vitamins C and D and zinc.
- One serving of this gummy contains a zinc supplement that provides you with 18 percent of your daily value of zinc, which is required for immune cell activity and communication and plays an important role in your immune system.
- Zhou Nutrition Elder-Mune Sambucus Elderberry Gummies:
- These provide the highest potencies of lab-tested Sambucus elderberry extract on the market, with 125 mg per serving and a delicious natural flavor, which is unique from other elderberry gummies.
- To produce three-in-one immunity-boosting elderberry gummies, Elder-Mune mixes Sambucus elderberry, a strong antioxidant extract that helps promote immune system health, with immunity boosters vitamin C and zinc.
- Cure24 Sambucus Elderberry Gummies:
- This elderberry gummy supplement contains antioxidants that repair cellular damage and minimize oxidative stress, which is essential for staying healthy throughout the seasons.
- These are gluten-free and nongenetically modified and have a safe triple-action immune combination customized for adults and children.
- This organic elderberry gummy supplement contains full-spectrum black elderberry extract, natural antioxidants, vitamin C, and zinc to support the health of your immune system.
- Zand Elderberry Zinc Immunity Gummies:
- These gummies are made with European elderberry extracts.
- These are free from gluten, nongenetically modified, and vegan. Artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives are absent.
- These gummies provide you with vitamin C and zinc to support immune function.
What are the nutritional facts of elderberries?
Nutritional facts of 100 grams of raw elderberries include:
|Carbohydrates||18 g (grams)|
|Total lipid||0.5 g|
|Vitamin C||36 mg (milligrams)|
|Vitamin B6||0.23 mg|
|Folate||6 µg (micrograms)|
Additionally, elderberries contain the following nutrients:
- Vitamin A
4 health benefits of elderberries
Elderberry, which is high in antioxidants and vitamins, has been shown by research to have antiviral and antibacterial effects.
Elderberries are low-calories, nutrient-dense and contain the following:
- Vitamin C:
- Aids in the health of your cells and stimulates the formation of skin, cartilage, bones, and blood vessels
- Boosts immunity and fights respiratory infections
- Dietary fiber:
- Lowers the risk of a variety of ailments
- Reduces bad cholesterol and blood sugar levels and the risk of heart diseases, improves digestion, and prevents constipation
- Help prevent or reduce damage caused to the cells by free radicals and exert anti-inflammatory benefits
- Elderberry has both anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties
- By reducing inflammation in the body, elderberries may help relieve conditions such as acne, aches and pain, fatigue, and sore throat
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
6 Best Elderberry Supplements and 2 To Steer Clear Of: https://chromatin.net/best-elderberry-supplements/
Elderberries, raw: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/171727/nutrients
Advanced research on the antioxidant and health benefit of elderberry (Sambucus nigra) in food – a review: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1756464614002400
Elderberry - Uses, Side Effects, And More: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-434/elderberry
Top The 7 Best Elderberry Gummies Related Articles
Are Strawberries Good for Your Stomach?Strawberries are one of the most popular berries in America. They are rich in antioxidants and fibers that can help keep your tummy healthy. From the animal experiments conducted so far, strawberries seem to be good for your stomach.
Fat-Fighting FoodsLearn about fat-fighting foods such as grapefruit, hot peppers, vinegar, and more. Discover the benefits along with surprising facts about how they may fight fat.
What Are the Nutritional Benefits of Eating Strawberries?Strawberries are chock full of vitamins. They contain Vitamin C, folate, potassium, antioxidants, manganese, and fiber, among other beneficial nutrients.
Vitamins and Supplements: Getting Enough A, B, C, D, E, and Omega-3 in Your Diet?If you feel like something is a little off, but you're not sure exactly what, you may not be getting enough of some key vitamins or minerals. Depending on what’s going on, there might be a food (or supplement) for that.
What Vitamins and Supplements Should I Avoid During Pregnancy?You should always clear it with your obstetrician before taking any vitamins or supplements while pregnant.
Vitamins QuizTake the Vitamins & Supplements Quiz to learn just how many essential vitamins your body needs to function!
Vitamins and Supplements: What Can You Take to Fight Inflammation?Arthritis, intense exercise, and sugary or fatty foods are some of the things that can lead to inflammation. Here’s what you can take or add to your diet to help fight it.
What Vitamins and Supplements Should I Take During Pregnancy?Even if you eat a variety of nutritious foods, you may need to take pregnancy vitamins and supplements. This is especially true if you have a restricted diet, are pregnant with twins or multiples, have food allergies, or nutrient deficiencies. Talk to your doctor about your needs.
What Are the Benefits of Drinking Cranberry Juice?Cranberries, also called American cranberries or bearberries, are the fruits of the evergreen cranberry shrub. The cranberry plant (scientific name: Vaccinium macrocarpon) is a small creeping or trailing plant that belongs to the Ericaceae family.
What Are the Benefits of Eating Strawberries?Almost every family in America enjoys eating strawberries fruits due to their delicious taste. First cultivated in ancient Rome, these fruits have become one of the most popular berries worldwide.
What Are the Benefits of Raspberries?Raspberries are edible fruits of a plant species in the genus Rubus. They are related to the rose family. They are one of the most popular berries in the world with their sweet-tart flavor and velvety texture. There are many types of raspberries, including black, purple and golden, but the red raspberry, or Rubus idaeus, is the most common.
What Is the Best Vitamin Supplement to Take?Dietary supplements are a general term that includes vitamins, minerals, botanicals, probiotics and other products to supplement the diet. The best vitamin supplement differs from person to person depending on their gender, age and any health conditions they have.
Vitamins and Supplements: What to Know Before You Take Herbal SupplementsNot all herbs and supplements are safe, especially if you have certain medical conditions or take some drugs. Find out which ones you may need to skip with the help of this WebMD slideshow.