With proper teeth and gum care, it's possible to ward off tooth decay and gum disease. It's essential to brush twice a day, floss once a day, eat right, and visit the dentist every six months for a dental check-up. Read more: Teeth and Gum Care Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Picture of Teeth
The teeth are the hardest substances in the human body. See a picture of the Teeth and learn more about the health topic....
Top Problems in Your Mouth
Learn about some of the most common problems in your mouth such as sores, oral cancer, TMJ, painful gums, bad breath and more....
Dental Images of Cavities, Dry Sockets, Gingivitis
Learn about dental problems such as cavities, gum disease, bad breath, and oral cancer. Explore procedures such as root canals,...
Top Tips for Beautiful Teeth and Gums
Explore tips for beautiful teeth and gums. Brighten your smile and keep healthy gums with these easy and simple tools....
Related Disease Conditions
Learn more about cavities including symptoms, treatment, and prevention. See how tooth decay, plaque, and bacteria contribute to...
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Oral Health and Bone Disease
Osteoporosis may be linked to bone loss in the jaw, which in turn, leads to tooth loss. Low bone density may result in...
Gum problems may be caused by improper brushing and flossing, gum disease, canker sores, treatments and hormonal changes....
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Too Many Kids Using Too Much Toothpaste
- Health Tip: Bad Foods For Your Teeth
- Health Tip: Prevent Inflamed Gums
- Tongue Piercings May Bring Harm to Teeth and Gums
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Gum Disease
- Health Tip: Recognizing Triggers for Gum Disease
- Health Tip: Keep Your Breath Fresher
- Heavy Drinking Could Raise Your Gum Disease Risk
- Health Tip: Healthy Teeth May Signal Healthy Heart
- Those With Diabetes Less Likely to See Dentist Despite Health Risks
- Health Tip: Your Teeth Are Tough
- Health Tip: Schedule a Back-to-School Dental Exam
- Antibiotic 'Report Card' Drills Guidelines Into Dentists
- Health Tip: Sealing Teeth to Help Prevent Cavities
- Health Tip: Don't Forget About Your Teeth During Vacation
- Is All That Flossing Really Worth It?
- Health Tip: Evaluating Your Chances for Gum Disease
- Health Tip: Want a Brighter Smile?
- Limited Use of Antibiotics OK for Dental Patients: Study
- Missing Teeth, Cavities Common in U.S.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter