Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year, and 10 million to 20 million attempt suicide annually. Read more: Suicide Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
What is depression? Get information on symptoms, signs, tests, and treatments for many types of depression including major...
Bipolar Disorder: Symptoms, Testing for Bipolar Depression
Bipolar disorder (once called manic depression) causes extreme mood shifts and can be disorienting. Our experts define bipolar...
Addicted to Pills: The Health Risks of Drug Abuse
What is drug abuse? Learn about prescription drug abuse and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, including depressants, pain relievers,...
Schizophrenia: Symptoms, Types, Causes, Treatment
What is schizophrenia? Learn about schizophrenia symptoms, signs, and treatment. Read about schizophrenia types such as paranoid...
Related Disease Conditions
Second Source article from Government...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by markedly reduced appetite or total aversion to food. Anorexia is a serious...
People with bulimia nervosa, an eating disorder that involves episodes of bingeing and purging, experience symptoms and signs...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Schizophrenia is a disabling brain disorder that may cause hallucinations and delusions and affect a person's ability to...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Advance Medical Directives (Living Will, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy)
Advance directives are designed to outline a person's wishes and preferences in regard to medical treatments and interventions....
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that tends to occur as the days grow shorter in the fall and winter. Symptoms...
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a psychiatric condition, can develop after any catastrophic life event. Symptoms include...
Bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is a mental illness characterized by depression, mania, and severe mood swings. Treatment...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Grief: Loss of a Loved One
Grief is the feeling one experiences after a loss (of a friendship, death of loved one, job). Complicated grief refers to grief...
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and...
Agoraphobia is a fear of being outside or of being in a situation from which escape would be impossible. Symptoms include...
Antisocial Personality Disorder
Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) has many symptoms, signs, and causes. Therapy is one treatment option for antisocial...
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
Borderline personality disorder is a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Get the latest marijuana statistics and information. Learn its effects and how this drug, also known as pot, affects the brain....
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder that causes a person to suffer repeated obsessions and compulsions....
Separation anxiety disorder is a common childhood anxiety disorder that has many causes. Infants, children, older kids and adults...
Postpartum depression is a form of depression that occurs within a year after delivery. It is thought that rapid hormone changes...
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Depression in teenagers may be caused by many factors. Symptoms of teen depression include apathy, irresponsible behavior,...
Schizoaffective disorder is a mental illness that features schizophrenia and a mood disorder, either major depression or bipolar...
Factitious disorders are conditions in which people pretend to have physical or mental illnesses when they aren't sick. These...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Mental illness is any disease or condition affecting the brain that influence the way a person thinks, feels, behaves, and/or...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Good parenting helps foster empathy, honesty, self-reliance, self-control, kindness, cooperation, and cheerfulness, says...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
Dissociative Identity Disorder
Dissociative identity disorder (formerly known as multiple personality disorder or split personality disorder) is a mental...
Munchausen syndrome is a factitious disorder and attention-seeking syndrome in which an individual pretends to have physical or...
Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens
Bipolar disorder, or manic-depressive illness, is a disorder that causes unusual and extreme mood changes. Symptoms of bipolar...
Compulsive gambling is a disorder that affects millions in the U.S. Symptoms and signs include a preoccupation with gambling,...
Khat (Abyssinian tea, African salad, oat, kat, chat, and catha) is a flowering evergreen shrub native to East Africa and the...
Arsenic comes in two forms, inorganic and organic. Organic arsenic poisoning is usually not poisonous to humans; however,...
Ingredients of the drug bath salts include mephedrone, methylone, MDPV, or MDPK. Feeling high and sexually stimulated are...
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
Duck syndrome is a situation initially coined at Stanford University whereby a college student may seem to be calm on the surface...
Mania vs. Hypomania
Mania is an episode of irritable or euphoric mood and heightened energy that typically lasts a week and severely affects the...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- venlafaxine sustained-release - oral, Effexor XR
- citalopram - oral, Celexa
- venlafaxine - oral, Effexor
- clozapine (Clozaril, Fazacio ODT, Versacloz)
- paroxetine (Paxil, Pexeva)
- fluoxetine, Prozac, Sarafem, Prozac Weekly
- risperidone, Risperdal; Risperdal Consta, Risperdal M-TAB
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- lithium, Lithobid
- citalopram, Celexa
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- aripiprazole (Abilify, Abilify Maintena, Aristrada)
- Primidone (Mysoline) Side Effects, Dosage, and Uses
- Antidepressants (Depression Medications)
- esketamine (Spravato)
Prevention & Wellness
- U.S. Suicide Rate Rose 33% Between 1999 and 2017
- U.S. Youth Suicide Rate Reaches 20-Year High
- Drug Overdoses, Suicide Are Risk for New Mothers: Study
- Drug ODs, Suicides Soaring Among Millennials: Report
- Epilepsy Drug Tied to Higher Risk of Suicidal Behavior in Young Users
- Soldiers' Odds for Suicide Quadruple When Loaded Gun at Home
- Instagram 'Self-Harm' Posts Give Rise to Copycat Behavior
- Financial Disaster May Prompt Self-Destructive Behavior
- Kids of Opioid-Using Parents May Be More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Suicides Increase Among U.S. Kids, But More in Girls Than Boys
- Scientists Spot Chemical Signs of Suicidal Thoughts in Brains of Those With PTSD
- 'Ringing in the Ears' May Drive Some to the Brink of Suicide
- Overdose Attempts Skyrocket Among Teens, Young Adults: Study
- U.S. Youth Suicide Rates Hit 19-Year High After '13 Reasons Why'
- Many 'Gen Xers' Desolate as They Navigate Adulthood: Study
- Migraine Pain Linked to Raised Suicide Risk
- Suicide Rates Fall When States Raise Minimum Wage: Study
- Suicidal Behavior Nearly Doubles Among U.S. Kids
- Mental Health Woes Are Rising in Young Americans -- Is Social Media to Blame?
- U.S. Deaths From Suicide, Substance Abuse Reach Record High
- Teen Pot Use Linked to Later Depression, Suicide Attempts
- Global Rate of Suicide Deaths Is on the Decline
- Teens' Odds for Suicide May Triple While in Jail: Study
- Cancer Diagnosis May Quadruple Suicide Risk
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- Parents Often Unaware of Kids' Suicidal Thoughts
- Suicide Risk Rises Following Cancer Diagnosis
- Eczema Can Drive People to Thoughts of Suicide: Study
- Opioid Crisis, Suicides Driving Decline in U.S. Life Expectancy: CDC
- The Jobs That Carry the Highest Suicide Risk
- Concussion Tied to Suicide Risk
- He Lost His Son at Sandy Hook -- Now He Wants You to Know the Warning Signs
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Suicide
- Xanax, Valium Tied to Higher Suicide Risk in COPD Patients With PTSD
- Sleepy Teens More Prone to Drug Use, Suicide Attempts
- Death Rates for Young Americans Drop, But Still Too High
- Chronic Pain May Drive Some to Suicide
- 1 in 5 College Students So Stressed They Consider Suicide
- Soldiers' Suicide Attempts Often Come Without Prior Mental Health Diagnosis
- U.S. Deaths From Suicide, Drugs Surpass Diabetes
- When Head Injuries Make Life Too Hard, Suicide Risk May Rise
- U.S. Murder, Suicide Rates Climbing Again
- Media Reports of Celeb Suicides May Trigger 'Copycat' Tragedies
- Could Suicides Rise Along With Global Temperatures?
- If Opioid Addicts Survive OD, Other Hazards Lie Ahead: Study
- U.S. Veterans' Suicide Rate Twice That of Civilians: Study
- America's Poor Are Less Happy Than Ever: Study
- Crisis Hotline Activity Jumps After Spade and Bourdain Suicides
- U.S. Suicide Rates on the Rise
- Travel Host and Author Anthony Bourdain Dead at 61
- Kate Spade Suffered From Anxiety and Depression, But No Warning Signs of Suicide, Husband Says
- Race May Play Role in Kids' Suicide Risk
- Big Rise Seen in U.S. Kids, Teens Attempting Suicide
- Doctors' Suicide Rate Highest of Any Profession
- Many Opioid Overdoses May Be Suicides
- Early and Quick Turnaround Deployments Increase U.S. Soldiers' Suicide Risk: Study
- Ketamine Nasal Spray Shows Promise Against Depression, Suicide
- Hawaii Legalizes Medically-Assisted Suicide
- 'Cutting,' Self-Harm Greatly Raise Suicide Risk for Teens
- One Key Factor Raises Gay and Lesbian Teens' Suicide Risk
- Did Robin Williams' Suicide Spur 'Copycat' Acts?
- Gay, Lesbian Teens at Higher Suicide Risk
- Self-Harm Cases Surging Among U.S. Girls
- Is Too Much Time Online Raising Suicide Risk in Teen Girls?
- A Dangerous New Twist on Cyberbullying
- Brain Scans May Have Spotted People Thinking About Suicide
- Suicide Up in U.S., Rural America Hit Hardest
- Older People May Be More Prone to Reveal Suicidal Thoughts
- Scientists Spot Marker for CTE in Living Football Players
- Suicidal Thoughts More Common for Transgender Youth
- More U.S. Kids Landing in ER With Opioid Addiction
- State Laws Have Big Impact on Kids' Gun Injuries
- Young Americans Lead Rise in Suicide Attempts
- Later School Bell Could Boost U.S. Economy by $83 Billion Over Decade
- Chronic Illness Can Plunge Young Adults Into Despair
- Suicide a Danger for Some Women During Pregnancy: Study
- Parents Worried About Cyberbullies as School Starts Up
- Cyberbullying Weighs Heavily on Young People
- Gun Access May Drive Higher Suicide Rates in Rural Areas
- Health Tip: Mental Disorders Are Common
- U.S. Teen Suicide Rates Continue to Rise
- Netflix Series '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Uptick in Google Searches for Suicide
- Can Suicide Tries Spread Among Soldiers?
- Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Dead at 41
- 'Blue Whale' Online Game Responsible for Teen's Suicide: Family
- Poor Sleep May Worsen Suicidal Thoughts
- 111 Patients Took Own Lives in First Six Months After California Approved Doctor-Assisted Deaths
- Risky Behavior Triggers Vicious Cycle for Vets With PTSD
- Suicide Risk Especially High for U.S. Farmers
- Many Chronic Illnesses Linked to Suicide Risk
- Guns Kill or Wound 7,000 U.S. Kids a Year: Report
- Nearly 10 Million U.S. Adults Suffer From Mental Illness
- Teen Boys Treated for Assault Often Want Mental Health Care, Too
- What You Need to Know About Antidepressants
- More Than 500 Californians Given Life-Ending Drugs Since New Law Took Effect
- Can Online Treatment Replace Your Therapist?
- Suicide Risk Is High for Psychiatric Patients Long After Discharge From Care
- U.S. Teen Births Hit Historic Low: CDC
- Autism's 'Worryingly' High Suicide Rates Spur Conference
- U.S. Moms-to-Be Often Victims of Assault
- Alzheimer's Deaths Jump 55 Percent: CDC
- Suicide Risk Quadruples After Lung Cancer Diagnosis
- Poverty May Be More Stressful for Women Than Men
- After Suicide Attempt, a Phone Call Could Save a Life
- Reasons Why Parents Should Be Wary of '13 Reasons Why'
- Teen Suicide Thoughts, Self-Harm Cases Double in a Decade
- Mental Health Myths Abound in the U.S.
- California Handgun Sales Spiked After 2 Mass Shootings
- Grieving Friends Often Find Support Online
- Study Cites Factors Linked to Suicide in the Young
- Early School Start Times Tough on Teens
- Fewer Than 1,000 Used Oregon's Right-to-Die Law by 2015
- Self-Harm Can Be a Harbinger of Suicide
- Climate Change May Cloud Americans' Mental Health: Report
- 'Sea of Despair' Engulfs White Working Class Americans: Study
- Suicide Often Leaves Mental, Physical Woes in Surviving Spouse
- Drugs for Prostate Trouble, Balding Not Linked to Suicide Risk
- Drinking, Drug Abuse Doubles Veterans' Suicide Risk: Study
- Fewer U.S. Kids Overdosing on Opioids
- U.S. Suicide Rates Rising Faster Outside Cities
- Facebook Launches New Suicide Prevention Tools
- As Trump Rolls Back Transgender Bathroom Rights . . .
- Same-Sex Marriage Laws Tied to Fewer Teen Suicides
- FDA Approves Injectable Psoriasis Drug for Tough Cases
- Chronic Bullying Can Show Up in Report Cards
- Brain Scans May Shed Light on Bipolar Disorder-Suicide Risk
- Diabetes Kills More Americans Than Had Been Thought
- Rates of Early Deaths Rise for Whites, Drop for Blacks
- Troubling Trend: Depression Rates Rising in Teens
- Subway Surveillance Video Provides Clues to Suicidal Behavior
- Where You Live May Determine How You Die
- For Heart Attack Survivors, a Risk of Suicide?
- Medical School Can Be an Emotional Pressure-Cooker
- Attempted Suicide Rates in U.S. Remain Unchanged
- Teen 'Choking Game' Played Solo Points to Suicide Risks
- Depression on the Rise Among U.S. Teens, Especially Girls
- Self-Harm a Cause of Death During Pregnancy and for New Moms
- Opioid Overdoses Have Nearly Tripled Among Kids, Teens
- Bullied Teen's Suicide Didn't Spur Copycat Attempts: Study
- Troubled Childhood May Boost Bipolar Risk: Study
- Mom-to-Be's Antidepressant Use May Be Tied to Speech Issues in Child
- Doctors Often Neglect Their Own Mental Health
- 2 of 3 Parents Want Schools to Expand Health Education
- Suicide Can Strike Children as Young as 5: Study
- Nearly 10 Million U.S. Adults Considered Suicide Last Year
- Know the Warning Signs of Suicidal Thoughts
- Parents' Psychiatric Issues May Adversely Affect Some Children
- Twitter Broadening Discussions About Death, Grief: Study
- Gay, Lesbian Teens More Likely to Suffer Rapes, Attacks: CDC
- Serious Infections Tied to Suicide Risk
- U.S. Maternal Death Rate Is Rising
- 2 of 3 Americans OK With Doctors Discussing Gun Safety
- Jobs With the Highest Suicide Rates
- Religion a Buffer Against Suicide for Women, Study Suggests
- Hovering Parents May Harm Kids
- Looks-Conscious Teens Trying Risky Supplements
- 1 in 13 Young Adults in U.S. Considered Suicide in Past Year
- The Childhood Incidents That Increase Later Suicide Risk
- Strategies That Work to Help Prevent Suicides
- Study Questions Use of Antidepressants for Children, Teens
- California Enacts Right-to-Die Law
- Mentally Ill Still Gain Illegal Possession of Guns, Study Shows
- Can Frequent Moves in Childhood Spell Trouble Later?
- Among U.S. Military, Army Members Face Highest Suicide Risk
- Tough Economy, Alcohol Fuels Suicide Risk in Men: Study
- Predeployment Riskiest Time for Military Suicide Attempts
- Family Rejection Triples Risk for Suicide Attempts by Transgender People: Study
- Lithium Beats Newer Meds for Bipolar Disorder, Study Finds
- Study: Ex-NFL Players Aren't at Greater Risk for Suicide
- Can the Anesthetic Ketamine Ease Suicidal Thoughts?
- Zika Destroys Fetal Brain Cells, Lab Study Finds
- Young Gay, Bisexual Men May Be at Higher Risk for Suicide, Study Finds
- U.S. Suicide Rate Up 24 Percent Since 1999: CDC
- Heavy Pot Use in Teen Years Linked to Shortened Life
- Many U.S. Adults Think Kids' Health Is Worse Today
- Depression More Common in Kids Who Join Gangs, Study Finds
- How to Talk to Your Teen
- Study: Many Vets Struggle With Suicidal Thoughts, Need More Help From VA
- ER Screenings Could Help Prevent Suicide: Study
- Troubled Kids' Psychiatric Care Often Delayed by Insurance Rules
- ER Docs Only Ask Half of Suicidal Patients About Guns, Study Shows
- Could Germ From Cat Poop Trigger Rage Disorder in People?
- Young Transgender Women May Face Mental Health Woes
- Siri, Other Smartphone 'Assistants' May Fall Short in a Crisis: Study
- Schizophrenia Tied to Much Higher Risk of Suicide Attempts
- Many Suicidal People Make Long-Term Recovery, Study Shows
- Study Links Concussion to Higher Risk of Later Suicide
- Doctors Should Screen Teens for Major Depression, U.S. Task Force Says
- U.S. Gun-Related Murder Rate 25 Times Higher Than Other Nations
- Study Confirms Eating Disorders' Deadly Toll
- Suicide, Drugs Only Partly to Blame for Rising Deaths of Middle-Aged U.S. Whites
- Did Studies Lack Key Data on Link Between Antidepressants, Youth Suicides?
- Suicide Risk Rises Among Family, Friends of Suicide Victims: Study
- College Football Player's Autopsy May Offer Clues to Brain Trauma
- 'Suicide Gene Therapy' Plus Radiation Fights Prostate Cancer: Study
- Death and Disability From Injuries Down Worldwide: Study
- Could Your 'Holiday Blues' Be Seasonal Affective Disorder?
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer
- Head, Neck Cancer Patients May Be at Higher Risk for Suicide: Study
- Losing a Parent in Childhood May Raise Suicide Risk Decades Later
- Many Americans 30 and Older Find Happiness Elusive
- Substance Abuse, Suicide Killing More White, Middle-Aged Americans: Report
- Suicide Risk May Rise for Some After Weight-Loss Surgery
- California Gov. Jerry Brown Signs Right-to-Die Bill Into Law
- Younger Native Americans Face High Suicide Rate: Report
- Bullied Teens Who Exercise May Lower Suicide Risk, Study Finds
- Suicides Decline With Prevention Measures at Known 'Hotspots': Study
- Brain Scans May Take Guesswork Out of Schizophrenia Treatment
- California Lawmakers Pass Right-to-Die Measure
- California Right-to-Die Measure Could Soon Become Law
- Many Say Mental Health Care Is Vital, But Often Tough to Get
- Impulsive, Agitated Behaviors May Be Warning Signs for Suicide
- At Dutch Euthanasia Clinic, Requests From People 'Tired of Living'
- Too Much Facebook, Twitter Tied to Poor Mental Health in Teens
- Social Life May Be Key to Suicide Prevention for Women
- Psychiatric Woes Often Drive Euthanasia Requests in Belgium
- Transgender Youth Don't Have Hormone Abnormalities
- Newly Enlisted Army Soldiers at Risk of Attempted Suicide: Study
- 1 in 3 American Adults Owns a Gun, Survey Finds
- Same-Sex Marriage Offers Couples Psychological Benefits, Experts Say
- U.S. Hospitals Seeing More Kids With Self-Inflicted Injuries
- Chantix Study Finds Little Evidence to Support Suicidal, Criminal Warnings
- Heed the Warning Signs of Teen Suicide, Experts Say
- Suicide Rate Up Among Young Black Children in U.S.
- Fall-Related Deaths Nearly Doubled for U.S. Seniors Since 2000
- Health Visits May Offer Chance to Prevent Suicide
- Teens With History of Self-Poisoning Face Greater Suicide Risk
- 1 in 3 Teen Boys Sexually Assaulted Tries Suicide, Study Finds
- Family Stress May Figure in Soldiers' Suicide Risk
- Stroke Patients May Face Increased Risk of Suicide
- 1 in 10 Americans Has Anger Issues and Access to Guns: Survey
- Serving in Iraq, Afghanistan Not Behind Rising Suicide Rates in Military: Study
- Workplace Suicides on the Rise, Study Finds
- Young, Rural Americans at Greater Risk of Suicide: Study
- Teen Suicides by Hanging on the Rise Across U.S.
- Study Links Recession to Spike in Suicides Among Middle-Aged
- Talk Therapy May Cut Suicide Rate Among U.S. Soldiers: Study
- When a Parent Dies by Suicide
- Mental Health Disorders May Shorten Life Span: Study
- Unemployment May Fuel a Fifth of Suicides Worldwide, Study Says
- Greek Fiscal Crisis Tied to Rise in Suicides
- Burnout Rates Soar Among Family Doctors
- Bullies and Their Victims May Be at Higher Risk of Suicide
- Parent's Suicide Attempt Makes Child's Much More Likely: Study
- Ebola, Obamacare Top U.S. Health News for 2014
- What Your Doctor Worries About: Ethics Survey 2014
- Abnormalities Found in Brains of Young Bipolar Patients Who Try Suicide
- Most Americans Agree With Right-to-Die Movement
- Nearly 1 in 12 Americans Struggles With Depression, Study Finds
- Talk Therapy Linked To Lower Suicide Risk
- 1 in 5 U.S. Adults Dealt With a Mental Illness in 2013
- Soldiers Hospitalized for Mental Illness Face Raised Suicide Risk, Study Shows
- Family Acceptance Key to Curbing Teen Suicides, Study Shows
- Sunny Skies Tied to Suicide Rates
- Worker Layoffs Tied to Rise in Teen Suicides, Study Finds
- Study Hints at Link Between Poor Sleep, Suicide Risk
- U.S. Hospitals See Big Rise in Drug-Related Suicide Attempts
- Study Suggests Tough Smoking Laws Might Lower Suicide Risk
- Study: Common HIV Drug May Boost Suicide Risk
- Adults With Asperger Syndrome May Have Higher Suicide Risk
- No Sign That ADHD Meds Raise Suicide Risk: Study
- Could Blood Test One Day Predict Suicide Risk?
- Quarterback's Death, NFL Study Split Over Brain Disorder
- U.S. Troops' Suicide Risk Tied to Mental Illness, Not Combat: Study
- 1 in 3 Young Americans Has Suffered Dating Violence: Survey
- Bright Lights, Safe Cities
- Epilepsy Plus Mental Ills Linked to Premature Death, Study Says
- Childhood Abuse May Add to Drug Users' Suicide Risk
- Mental Illness Can Shorten Lives, Studies Show
- Health Tip: When You're Sleep-Deprived
- Suicide Rate Higher for Adults Who Were Out-of-Shape as Teens: Study
- Older, Cheap Drug May Cut Suicide Risk for People With Mood Disorders
- Depression Common in Those With PTSD, Study Finds
- More Kids Being Poisoned by Prescription Drugs: Study
- Migraine, Chronic Back Pain Tied to Higher Suicide Risk
- 1 in 5 U.S. Kids Has a Mental Health Disorder: CDC
- Anti-Gay Bullying Tied to Teen Depression, Suicide
- Multiple Head Injuries Raise Soldiers' Suicide Risk, Study Finds
- When Teen Dating Turns Abusive and Violent
- Many Suicidal Kids Have Access to Guns at Home: Study
- Steep Rise in Suicides Among Middle-Aged Americans, CDC Says
- No Benefit From Screening All Patients for Suicide Risk: Report
- Drunk Driving Not the Only Way Alcohol Leads to Teen Deaths: Study
- Physician-Assisted Suicide Program Rarely Used, Study Finds
- Google Search Trends Suggest Mental Woes Vary by Seasons
- Suicidal Thoughts More Common in Kids With Autism: Study
- Do More Gun Laws Mean Fewer Gun Deaths?
- 'Cyberbullying' as Harmful as Physical Threats, Study Finds
- One in Every 12 Stroke Survivors Contemplates Suicide, Study Finds
- For Most Bullied Gay Kids, Things Do 'Get Better,' Study Finds
- Physical, Sexual Assault May Raise Soldiers' Suicide Risk
- Multiple Concussions Could Up Depression Risk in Former NFL Players
- NFL's Seau Had Brain Trauma at Time of Suicide, Report Finds
- Many U.S. Teens at Risk for Suicide Despite Treatment: Study
- 2-Year Period After Parent's Suicide Try Most Risky for Children: Study
- Kids With Autism Common Users of ERs, Study Says
- Teen Dating Violence Linked to Substance Abuse, Depression
- FDA Pulls One Generic Form of Wellbutrin Off the Market
- Mood-Altering Medications Not Overused in Teens
- Mental Illness Affects 1 in 5 U.S. Adults, Survey Finds
- What Do Eye Movement Differences in Men and Women Mean?
- Hanging Suicides Up in United States
- Weak Muscles in Teen Years Linked to Early Death in Men
- Doctor Ethics Survey: What Would Your MD Do?
- More Deaths, Illness Linked to Energy Drinks
- Schizophrenia Patients Who Take Antipsychotics Live Longer, Study Says
- Suicides Up in Sagging U.S. Economy
- Bullying May Be Linked to Mental Disorders
- Cyberbullying Rarely Single Factor in Teen Suicides: Study
- More Evidence Linking Creativity, Mental Illness
- Surgery May Spur Rise in Heart Deaths After Cancer Diagnosis: Study
- Some Antidepressants May Raise Stroke Risk
- Teens Who Self-Harm Need Adult Influences, Professional Help: Expert
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Depression Stigma May Be Fading: Survey
- Death Rates Drop for 5 Top Causes of Death
- Health Highlights: Oct. 1, 2012
- Adults See Some Teen Bullying as Less Serious: Survey
- Suicide, Not Car Crashes, #1 Cause of Injury Death
- Self-Harm Associated With Premature Death in Study
- Curbing Suicide Now a National Priority, U.S. Says
- NFL Players at Higher Risk of Brain Diseases
- Partner Depression Common After Heart Attack
- ADHD May Raise Girls' Risk for Suicide as Young Adults
- Poor Economy Tied to Rise in Suicides, British Study Finds
- Grateful Teens May Have Less Risk for Depression, Other Problems
- Depression Rates Rise for Girls During Teen Years
- Violent Shootings: Are There Warning Signs?
- Brain Changes Seen in Postpartum Depression
- Police Work Takes Heavy Health Toll: Study
- Improve Care for Veterans With PTSD: Report
- Schizophrenia in Movies: Don't Believe Everything You See
- Dutch Euthanasia Rates Unchanged After Legalization
- Cat Litter Parasite May Raise Suicide Risk
- More Mental Health Woes in College Kids Who Abuse Prescription Drugs
- Ex-Players Sue NFL Over Brain Injuries
- Teens Safer Behind Wheel, but Too Many Texting
- More Mental Health Care Urged for Kids Who Self-Harm
- U.S. States With Most, Least Deaths From Injuries
- Coffee May Be Part of the Recipe for a Longer Life
- Wartime Killing May Raise Veterans' Thoughts of Suicide
- Brain Surgery Might Ease Tough-to-Treat OCD
- Blood Test for Teen Depression Under Study
- Gay Adults Rejected by Parents Have Worse Health, Study Finds
- Is Your Child Playing the 'Choking Game'?
- Many Alcoholics Suffered Childhood Trauma: Study
- U.S. Army Suicides Rising Sharply, Study Finds
- Narcotic Painkillers Another Threat to Traumatized War Vets: Study
- Bullying May Raise Risk of Suicidal Thoughts: Study
- Bullying a Strong Risk Factor for Suicide in Gay Youth: Study
- Most Teens Who Self-Harm Are Not Evaluated for Mental Health in ER
- Antidepressants May Not Raise Suicide Risk in Youth: Study
- Health Highlights: Jan. 26, 2012
- Health Highlights: Jan. 25, 2012
- U.S. Soldiers Face Host of Mental Health Issues
- Ob-Gyns Should Screen for Domestic Abuse: Experts
- Report: 1 in 5 Adults Had Mental Illness in 2010
- Facebook Launches Service to Help Prevent Suicide
- Newer Antidepressants Work Equally Well, Study Finds
- Too Much Acetaminophen Over Time May Damage Liver
- Survey: 1 in 4 Teens Bullied at School
- Study Links Chantix to Suicide Risk, but FDA Disagrees
- Teen 'Sexting' Common and Linked to Psychological Woes
- FDA: Chantix Benefits Still Outweigh the Risks
- Suicide Rates Vary by Region: CDC
- Drink Coffee, Stay Happy?
- Teens, College-Age Youth at High Risk of Suicide, Expert Says
- Most Kids Adjust to Sudden Death of a Parent
- FDA Questions Studies of Breast Implant Safety
- Suicide Brain May Hold Key to Depression
- Deadliest Psychiatric Disorder: Anorexia
- Europe's Suicides Up, Road Deaths Down After Economy Tanked
- ER Visits for Drug-Related Suicide Attempts Up in Men
- Low Oxytocin Linked to Postpartum Depression
- Extreme Obesity Linked to Dangerous Behaviors in Teens
- Wine, Salt, and Your Heart: Confusion Abounds
- Happiest States Have Most Suicides
- Suicides Go Up When Economy Goes Down
- New Lupus Treatment Benlysta: FAQ
- Diabetes Risks Go Beyond Heart Attacks, Strokes
- Depression Rising, but Psychotherapy Declines
- Bullying, Harassment of Gay/Lesbian Teens: Expert Q&A
- Depression on the Rise in Colleges?
- Study: No Proof of Epilepsy Drug Suicide Risk
- Certain Epilepsy Drugs Linked to Suicide
- FDA Panel Says 'No' to Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Childhood Cancer Survivors Face Higher Death Risk
- Losing Love Has Similarities to Addiction
- Drug Could Be a Lifesaver for Accident Victims
- Many Delusional About Smelling Bad