Patient Comments: Subconjunctival Hemorrhage - Treatments

What treatment did you receive for your subconjunctival hemorrhage? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Bartholomew, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

I have recently found, that the way to treat subconjunctival hemorrhage is to use a heating pad on high and place on the eye. Normally it would take anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks for the blood to clear. Using the heating pad, it was virtually gone in 6 days. You have to be religious about it, two hours at night and get up an hour early and apply the heating pad. This use of the heating pad has cleared my last episode of subconjunctival hemorrhage in a handful of days that normally took three weeks.

Comment from: Tinna CB, 55-64 Female Published: May 24

Thank you for this information. I just learned I have subconjunctival hemorrhage when my co-worker asked me what I did to my eye as it is blood red. Looking in the mirror, I was horrified to see it has a red patch over the white of my right eye. I feel only a mild irritation when I look to the left but the pharmacist said it's nothing to worry about. After reading this article and I am now doubly assured that it's not life threatening.

Comment from: Jill, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I have been to see several doctors for subconjunctival hemorrhage and no treatment has been issued.

Comment from: 65-74 Female Published: February 25

I take blood thinner Warfarin. Was bowling on Thursday, and when I went out in the evening when someone said my eye was red. Eventually they got worse. I went to the doctor the next day as it was so awful looking and he said he was not worried about it, that only if it starts bleeding out of my eye would it be an emergency. I do not wear my glasses so I have eye strain...I also I tend to have blood pressure go up to 150/80 but am on a high blood pressure pill; so all in all I need to try and correct my lifestyle.

Comment from: elh, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I have had 4 subconjunctival hemmorhages in the same area of the same eye in 5 months. I have gone to my eye doctor and was told nothing was wrong with my eye. He said to go see my physician for a blood test. My physician said nothing is wrong. Seems as though there has to be an underlining cause of this reoccuring problem.

Comment from: kate, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

I was told to just leave alone I've had it 3 times my eye was almost filled with blood.

View the Eye Diseases and Conditions Slideshow Pictures