Patient Comments: Sty (Stye) - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and/or signs did you have when you were suffering from a sty? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jhamm82755, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I had a sty forming and it was sore and swollen. I alternated between warm compresses, salt water eye baths and cold compresses. It was relieved and almost gone after 2 days. The ice seemed to help the most with discomfort and swelling.

Comment from: Carole, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I'm a 71 year old female. I have a style under the bottom of my eye, it is very red and painful, both eyes water, and I'm suffering from bad headaches, as well.

Comment from: jim, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 07

I have a history of sties, but this time it appears to be infected and the majority of the swelling is under my eye under the skin. I'm a little concerned about the infection.

Comment from: Anna, 13-18 (Patient) Published: July 09

Pain when blinking is my number one symptom. A bump would appear the next day.

Comment from: harvey, Male (Patient) Published: March 19

I am a 30 year old male and I have had a stye since the beginning of January. I have been using antibiotics, but recently I have noticed the appearance of what looks like tiny additional styes on top of the original stye. Very strange, but not painful.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter