Patient Comments: Sty (Stye) - Causes

What was the cause of your sty? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I had a slight pain on my right eye lid. A few days ago I applied make-up to my children in the classroom for our school concert. This make-up was supplied by one of the other teachers. A few days later the pain became worse. My eye-lid became red and bumpy. I realized now what is causing this stye.

Comment from: Rose, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I had laser surgery at a very well-known professional eye surgery clinic. Two days later I had a sty. It did not respond to hot water treatment. I went back and the lanced it and they gave me a week of antibiotics. The sty never really went away and now it is back. Lesson learned; stay away from hospitals and clinics as much as possible. They have really bad germs and they don't seem to be able to control them.

Comment from: Yoga Brat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

In 48 years I had never had a sty. I did 4 months of lash extensions and got my first sty. I had two stys in two months, one on each eye. I am convinced it was the product and procedure involved with my lash extensions. Of course I stopped the lashes once the sty appeared.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter