Patient Comments: Sty (Stye) - Home Remedy

Did you try a home remedy that helped treat your sty? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: JoelHarman, (Caregiver) Published: February 13

Apply turmeric warm on the sty and use it three times a day. It really works!

Comment from: ErinR., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

Good old fashioned 'old wives' tale' that works like a charm for my stye: take a warm, wet black tea bag and set it on the stye for about 30 minutes 3 or 4 times a day and it will be gone within a day or two. It also helps wonderfully for the pain.

Comment from: ken, Male (Caregiver) Published: July 14

Apply turmeric powder paste on the sty before sleep at night. It will (may be) give a slight burning sensation, but it will be absorbed and cure within 2 to 3 days. Turmeric is a magical herb for many cures.

Comment from: vee, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

Placing a hot/warm tea bag on the eye affected by sty helps.

Comment from: Thecakegirl, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

My little one would get sties when she was little still and does on occasion. Pediatrician said to use baby shampoo, regular Johnson and Johnson. Lather up your hands with it, then cup your hands and fill with water and splash your eye with it. Do just keep splashing eye till soap is gone from the hands. Do that several times a day. By the next day it will be smaller. I've used this on myself and friends have tried it as well.

Comment from: debhra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

Take a gold ring and rub the white tip of the sty with it. It works every time, my grandmother told us about this. Never failed yet.

Comment from: BdB, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 28

Here is a way to heal sties quickly. Warm up some real gold (a ring is perfect, other small objects such as a coin will work too) by brushing it fast on some fabric like your sweater sleeve or pants. When it's quite warm apply it to the stye for a few seconds. Most times one time is enough, repeat if it isn't.

Comment from: Pam78, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

My friend told me green tea will help treat the sty.

Comment from: remedy for stye, (Patient) Published: June 02

Effective remedy for stye: rub your palms and apply the palm heat on your eyelids. Do this 10 times and repeat it 4 to 5 times a day.

Comment from: old school, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 20

For sty I use what my mother taught me; boric acid dissolve in hot water, cooled to warm and apply to eye by dubbing with clean cloth every couple of hours. The older generations used this for baby care too.

Comment from: dd, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 22

This may sound gross but I had bought a book called 'Country Doctor' and it had using urine as a drop on the sty, and it worked. My sty was gone in two weeks.

View the Eye Diseases and Conditions Slideshow Pictures