Patient Comments: Stroke - Risk Factors

Do you have any risk factors for stroke? If so, what are they and what are your concerns? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: ikm, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I suspect I might have had a stroke. I have had abnormal weakness and sensitivity in my right hand and leg. The more threatening thing is that I have sickle cell trait. I used to feel strong until I started engaging in physically demanding work. Also, I don't have health insurance and can't afford medical care.

Comment from: frogette, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I recently had a stroke. I am a smoker. I am about 10 pounds overweight, do not have high blood pressure, don't drink alcohol, don't have high cholesterol, or heart problems. I am blessed to have only minimal side effects: some minor drool, minor speech issues, but do have headaches daily.

View Understanding Stroke Slideshow Pictures