Patient Comments: Stroke - Type

What type of stroke did you suffer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Ramachandra Mohanty, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 05

I am a male aged 70 plus. I have been suffering from hypertension 7 years and taking telmisartan 40 once daily. It was a little controlled and did not progress much. Now since about a month I have been feeling unbalanced during walk, and medium type of dizziness. Though the stroke like symptoms were of intermediate occasion previously for some hours or minutes, since one month the symptoms are continuing day and night. Taking it as a symptom of blood pressure only, same medicine with one Neurobion tablet was prescribed. As per my habit I generally walk for 5 to 7 kilometers per day and continuing but as vertigo like symptoms with instability while walking are continuing, along with weakness in brain, I will not be able to continue my walking habit. I am a calm and satisfied person and in my conscious brain I have little or negligible tension. I take less food with fruits and vegetables daily to standard quantity. No habit of intoxicants, that is, 95 percent or more free from intoxicants. Now I feel this might be happening due to certain infection and soon I will take expert advice. Instability in walking also may happen due to inner ear defect, as I have been reported from reliable sources.

Comment from: akshay singh, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

With the stroke, all of my body goes to a different position for 10 minutes approximately, as well as both hands, neck, mouth and eyes; and after that it gets normal.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter