A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding (hemorrhagic).
Symptoms of a stroke may include:
- double vision or vision loss,
- difficulty speaking or understanding speech.
A physical exam, imaging tests, neurological exam, and blood tests may be used to diagnose a stroke. Treatment may include administration of clot-busting drugs, supportive care, and in some instances, neurosurgery. The risk of stroke can be reduced by controlling high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and stopping smoking.Read more: Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Stroke Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Stroke Quiz to learn about stroke risks, causes, treatment, and most importantly, prevention....
Salt Quiz: Test Your Diet IQ
Do you love salt? Take the online Salt Quiz to get the facts about dietary salts and sodium in fruits, vegetables, processed...
Heart Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take our Heart Disease Quiz to get answers and facts about high cholesterol, atherosclerosis prevention, and the causes,...
Picture of Hypertension
High blood pressure, defined as a repeatedly elevated blood pressure exceeding 140 over 90 mmHg -- a systolic pressure above 140...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 2
There are several types of vascular dementia, which vary slightly in their causes and symptoms. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 1
Vascular dementia is the second most common cause of dementia, after Alzheimer's disease. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Carotid Artery Disease
Also called carotid artery stenosis, the term refers to the narrowing of the carotid arteries. See a picture of Carotid Artery...
Picture of Blood Clot
Blood that has been converted from a liquid to a solid state. See a picture of Blood Clot and learn more about the health topic....
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Screening Tests Every Man Should Have
Getting the right screening test at the right time is one of the most important things a man can do for his health. Learn at what...
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Cholesterol Levels: What the Numbers Mean
Do you know the different cholesterol levels and what they mean? Learn the alphabet soup of cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good,...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Your Face: A Window Into Your Health
What medical problems appear on your face? Look into the mirror and find out. Jaundice, glaucoma, skin cancer, and cracked lips...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Related Disease Conditions
Brain Tumor (Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, Survival Rates)
A brain tumor can be either non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant), primary, or secondary. Common symptoms of a primary...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Dystonia disorders cause involuntary movements and prolonged muscle contraction, resulting in twisting body motions, tremor, and...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Encephalitis is a brain inflammation that causes sudden fever, vomiting, headache, light sensitivity, stiff neck and back,...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is a disorder of the muscles and joints that causes pain and stiffness in the arms, neck, shoulders,...
Scleroderma is an autoimmune disease of the connective tissue. It is characterized by the formation of scar tissue (fibrosis) in...
Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which the person has seizures. There are two kinds of seizures, focal and generalized. There are...
Vasculitis (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Types)
Vasculitis (arteritis, angiitis) is a general term for a group of uncommon diseases which feature inflammation of the blood...
Vertigo (Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, and Home Remedies)
Vertigo is the sensation of spinning or rocking, even when someone is at rest. Vertigo may be caused by a problem in the brain or...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Fatty Liver (NASH)
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or NASH occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver...
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Causes, Symptoms, Signs, Readings, and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
MELAS syndrome, a rare form of dementia, stands for Mitochondrial Encephalopathy, Lactic Acidosis, and Stroke-like episodes....
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Hoarseness (abnormal deep, harsh, raspy voice) is caused by a variety of conditions in which the larynx (voice box and vocal...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Biologic rhythms, or biorhythms, are how our bodies respond to the regular phases of the sun, moon, and seasons. A medical...
There are many types of urinary incontinence (UI), which is the accidental leakage of urine. These types include stress...
Brain aneurysm (cerebral aneurysm) is caused by microscopic damage to artery walls, infections of the artery walls, tumors,...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Hydrocephalus is an abnormal buildup of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in the ventricles of the brain. The fluid is often under...
Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with...
Men's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress,...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Enjoying a healthy diet helps to prevent diseases. A good diet also helps to: control celiac disease, control diabetes,...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Cerebral palsy (CP) is an abnormality of motor function and postural tone acquired at an early age (even before birth). Cerebral...
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT, Blood Clot in the Legs)
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot in the deep veins, and can be caused by broken bones, trauma to a limb, immobility,...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Disease Prevention in Men
Disease prevention in men includes routine screening tests that are part of basic prevention medicine. Take an active role in...
Renal Artery Stenosis
Renal artery stenosis is a narrowing of the diameter of the renal arteries. When the renal arteries narrow, the result is...
Overactive Bladder (OAB)
Overactive bladder is a sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle wall of the bladder causing urinary urgency (an immediate...
Myxedema coma is the loss of brain function due to severe longstanding low levels of thyroid hormone in the blood. Myxedema coma...
Enjoying a satisfying sex life as we age is important to both physical and mental health. As we age, diseases and conditions may...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
First aid is a complicated subject and it is situation-specific. First aid is defined as the help and medical assistance someone...
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Concussion is a short-lived loss of brain function that is due to head trauma. There are two types of concussion, simple and...
The most common taste disorder is phantom taste perception; that is, a lingering, often unpleasant taste even though you have...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Bowel or fecal incontinence refers to the loss of voluntary control of stool, or bowel movements. The condition can include...
Neuropathic pain is a chronic condition that leads to ongoing pain symptoms. Patients can be predisposed to developing...
Heart Valve Disease
Heart valve disease occurs when the heart valves do not work the way they should. Symptoms of valve disease include shortness of...
How the Heart Works
The heart is a very important organ in the body. It is responsible for continuously pumping oxygen and nutrient-rich blood...
Carotid Artery Disease
The term carotid artery disease refers to the narrowing of the carotid arteries and can also be called carotid stenosis. Fatty...
Type 2 Diabetes Medications (Side Effects, Differences)
Type 2 diabetes oral medications are prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes in conjuction with lifestyle changes like diet and...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Preventing Diabetes Naturally (Type 2, Diet, Causes, Symptoms)
Prediabetes is a condition in which a person has early symptoms of diabetes, but have not yet fully developed the condition. If...
Aphasia is a condition that is the result of damage to portions of the brain. It can be caused by stroke, head injury, brain...
Night Sweats (In Men and Women) Causes, Remedies, and Treatments
Night sweats are severe hot flashes that occur at night and result in a drenching sweat. The causes of night sweats in most...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a congenital disorder of blood vessels in the brain, brainstem, or spinal cord that is...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Stuttering is a speech disorder characterized by speech disruptions such as prolongations of speech sounds, syllables or words,...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
Hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar) Symptoms, Levels, Diet and Causes
Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar is a serious health problem for diabetics. There are two types of hyperglycemia, 1) fasting,...
Pulmonary Embolism (Blood Clot in the Lung)
A pulmonary embolism (PE) occurs when a piece of a blood clot from deep vein thrombosis (DVT) breaks off and travels to an artery...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Urinary Incontinence in Women
Millions of women suffer from urinary incontinence (UI). UI occurs twice as often in women as in men. There are many types of...
Hyothermia or extreme exposure to cold can be classified as either accidental hypothermia (unintentional cold exposure) and...
Dizziness is a symptom that often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of dizziness...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Head Injury (Brain Injury)
In the United States, head injuries are one of the most common causes of death and disability. Head injuries due to bleeding are...
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the voice box (vocal cords). The most common cause of acute laryngitis is infection, which...
Internal Bleeding (Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment)
Internal bleeding occurs when an artery or vein is damaged and blood to escapes the circulatory system and collects inside the...
Encephalopathy means brain disease, damage, or malfunction. Causes of encephalopathy are varied and numerous. The main symptom of...
Hiccups (Causes, Cures, Remedies, and Medicine)
Hiccups are a sudden, involuntary contraction of the diaphragm muscle. In general hiccups are just a temporary condition. Some of...
A hematoma is a collection of blood that is outside a blood vessel. There are different areas where hematomas occur including:...
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count)
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) is a rare blood disease in which the body produces too many red blood cells....
Optic neuritis is inflammation of the optic nerve, the structure that connects the eye to the brain. The precise cause of optic...
Cysticercosis (Pork Tapeworm Infection)
Cysticercosis is an infection caused by Taenia solium, the pork tapeworm. Symptoms include seizures, lethargy, nausea and...
Nerve Disease and Bladder Control
A nerve problem might affect your bladder control if the nerves that are supposed to carry messages between the brain and the...
Urinary retention (inability to urinate) may be caused by nerve disease, spinal cord injury, prostate enlargement, infection,...
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Blindness is the state of being sightless. Causes of blindness include macular degeneration, stroke, cataract, glaucoma,...
Shingles and Pregnancy
Becoming infected with chickenpox during pregnancy could cause birth defects in your unborn child. Likewise, shingles could also...
A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke caused when an artery bursts in the brain, causing localized bleeding in the surrounding...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Smoking and Heart Disease
Smoking increases the risk of heart disease in women and men. Nicotine in cigarettes decrease oxygen to the heart, increases...
Double vision (diplopia) is a symptom that my indicate Graves' disease, myasthenia gravis, stroke, multiple sclerosis,...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Brain Lesions (Lesions on the Brain)
A brain lesion is defined as an area of damaged brain. Brain lesions (lesions on the brain) are caused by: trauma,...
Hospice is a service that offers support, resources, and assistance to terminally ill patients and their families. In such late...
Khat (Abyssinian tea, African salad, oat, kat, chat, and catha) is a flowering evergreen shrub native to East Africa and the...
Face Blindness (Prosopagnosia)
Face blindness (prosopagnosia) is a condition that causes the inability to recognize faces. Face blindness may be caused by...
Brain Damage: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Brain damage causes destruction or deterioration of brain cells. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and acquired brain injury (ABI) are...
Low Cholesterol Diet
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Coma is the inability to waken or react to the surrounding environment. The Glasgow Coma Scale is frequently used to measure the...
Lewy Body Dementia (Dementia with Lewy Bodies)
Lewy body dementia (LBD or dementia with Lewy bodies) is one the most common causes of dementia. There are two types of LBD: 1)...
14 Signs and Symptoms of Stroke (FAST)
Stroke is a serious medical condition. If you think you or someone you know is having a stroke call 911 immediately....
How to Lower Triglycerides Naturally
Trigylcerides are fatty molecules that travel in the bloodstream. Excess sugar and fat can increase triglyceride levels....
Locked-in syndrome is a condition that causes paralysis and the inability to speak or move the face. A hemorrhage and blood clot...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA or Temporal Arteritis)
Giant cell arteritis, inflammation of blood vessel walls, affects 10%-15% of polymyalgia rheumatica patients. Symptoms of giant...
Stroke vs Aneurysm (Differences and Similarities)
A stroke or "brain attack" is caused because blood flow to an area of the brain has been cut off by a blood clot or by a weakened...
Heart Attack vs. Stroke Symptoms, Differences, and Similarities
Heart attack usually is caused by a clot that stops blood flow supplying oxygen to an area of heart muscle, which results in...
Stroke vs. Mini-Stroke (TIA)
A stroke or "brain attack" occurs when a blood clot or artery ruptures within the brain. The rupture or clot causes...
Migraine and Stroke (Symptoms, Types, Causes, Treatment)
Migraine headache is a type of headache in which the exact cause is not known; however, they may be inherited, and certain...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan)
- Blood Transfusion
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Coronary Angiogram
- Erythropoietin (EPO Test)
- Hemoglobin (Low and High Range Causes)
- Triglycerides (Tests and Lowering Your Triglyceride Levels)
- Sedimentation Rate
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Heart Valve Disease Surgery
- Echocardiogram (Echocardiography, Diagnostic Cardiac Ultrasound)
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP Test, Ranges, Symptoms, Treatment)
- CT Coronary Angiogram
- Cholesterol Test
- CT Scan vs. MRI (Differences between Machines, Costs, Uses)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Seizure (Epilepsy)
- Weight Loss
- Frequent Urination
- Loss of Appetite
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Memory Loss
- Blurred Vision
- Double Vision
- Loss of Temperature Sensation
- Altered Mental Status
- Decreased Appetite
- Difficulty With Speech
- Urinary Retention
- Loss of Taste Sensation
- Tingling Tongue
- Vision Loss
- Tunnel Vision
- Vocal Outbursts
- Unsteady Gait
- Stiff Neck
- Difficulty Urinating
- Urinary Urgency
- Catatonia (Catatonic Behavior)
- Loss of Speech
- Poor Hygiene
- Unusual Behavior
- Inability to Regulate Emotions
- Fecal Incontinence
- Bladder Spasms
- Tingling in Hands and Feet
- Abnormal Facial Expressions
- Lack of Facial Expressions
- Heart Disease FAQs
- Stroke FAQs
- Salt FAQs
- TIA (Mini Stroke) Symptoms: A Trip to the ER
- Vertigo, Not an Easy Diagnosis
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- Being Overweight Doesn't Mean You're Unhealthy!
- Cox-2 Inhibitors Dilemma: What Patients Should Do
- Cox-2 Inhibitors, What's Next? - Expert Panel Votes
- First Aid Fast Facts
- Stroke: Recognizing a Stroke - Three Commands for the Victim
- Cancer,Stroke & Heart Attack Risks- ReducedThrough Walking
- Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Causes Collapse of Baseball Mgr
- Ramipril, Heart Disease, Stroke & Diabetes
- Heart Disease & Stroke - Progress
- Plavix and TTP
- Proven measures to prevent heart attacks and strokes?
- Cough, Cold, Weight Loss Drug Dangerous - Warning
- Heart Disease Stroke and Diabetes
- Hormone Therapy in Survivors of Breast Cancer
- ARBs & ACE Inhibitors...Powerful Blood Pressure Treatment
- ARBs and ACE Inhibitors..Hidden Benefits
- Drug Interactions: Know Ingredients, Consult Your Physician
- FLAP Doubles Risk of Heart Attack
- The Cox-2 Inhibitors Controversy: Q&A with Dr. Shiel
- The Worst Headache of Your Life: Brain Hemorrhage Symptoms
- Surviving a Stroke
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 17 Warning Signs of Serious Complications
- What Is Magnetic Resonance Angiogram?
- Is It a Stroke or a TIA (Mini Stroke)?
- Stroke Symptoms - Typical
- Stroke Treatment
- How Much Caffeine Is Too Much Caffeine?
- Sickle Trait and Sickle Cell Disease
- Blood Doping
- Low Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
- Fungal Meningitis and Steroid Injections: a Health-Care Disease
- Are You Getting Enough Potassium?
- Stroke Symptoms
Medications & Supplements
- losartan - oral, Cozaar
- amlodipine - oral, Norvasc
- clonidine - transdermal, Catapres-TTS
- insulin lispro - injection, Humalog
- glipizide tablet - oral, Glucotrol
- hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Microzide
- ticlopidine - oral, Ticlid
- gemfibrozil - oral, Lopid
- niacin extended-release - oral, Niaspan
- propranolol - oral, Inderal
- pioglitazone - oral, Actos
- lisinopril - oral, Prinivil, Zestril
- irbesartan - oral, Avapro
- aspirin - oral, Easprin, Ecotrin
- clonidine - oral, Catapres
- ezetimibe/simvastatin - oral, Vytorin
- lovastatin - oral, Mevacor
- trandolapril - oral, Mavik
- atorvastatin - oral, Lipitor
- rosiglitazone - oral, Avandia
- lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Prinzide, Zestoretic
- candesartan - oral, Atacand
- chlorpropamide - oral, Diabinese
- miglitol - oral, Glyset
- quinapril - oral, Accupril
- simvastatin - oral, Zocor
- labetalol - oral, Normodyne, Trandate
- fosinopril - oral, Monopril
- furosemide solution- oral, Lasix
- repaglinide - oral, Prandin
- fluvastatin extended-release - oral, Lescol XL
- aspirin chewable - oral, Children's Aspirin
- amlodipine/benazepril - oral, Lotrel
- enalapril - oral, Vasotec
- metformin solution - oral, Riomet
- losartan/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Hyzaar
- felodipine extended-release - oral, Plendil
- glyburide - oral, Diabeta, Glycron, Glynase, Mic
- glimepiride - oral, Amaryl
- ramipril - oral, Altace
- rosuvastatin - oral, Crestor
- insulin aspart protamine/insulin aspart - injection, Novolog Mix
- acarbose - oral, Precose
- benazepril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Lotensin HCT
- fluvastatin - oral, Lescol
- carvedilol - oral, Coreg
- ezetimibe - oral, Zetia
- atenolol - oral, Tenormin
- warfarin - oral, Coumadin
- insulin aspart - injection, NovoLog
- glipizide extended-release tablet - oral, Glucotrol XL
- diltiazem extended-release tablet - oral, Cardizem LA
- lovastatin extended-release - oral, Altoprev
- metformin sustained-action tablet - oral, Fortamet, Glucophage XR, Glume
- metoprolol - oral, Lopressor
- valsartan - oral, Diovan
- metformin - oral, Glucophage
- captopril - oral, Capoten
- clopidogrel - oral, Plavix
- pravastatin - oral, Pravachol
- metoprolol extended-release - oral, Toprol XL
- niacin extended-release/lovastatin - oral, Advicor
- nateglinide - oral, Starlix
- telmisartan - oral, Micardis
- furosemide - oral, Lasix
- metolazone - oral, Zaroxolyn
- benazepril - oral, Lotensin
- propranolol s.r. - oral, Inderal LA
- colesevelam - oral, Welchol
- triamterene/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Dyazide, Maxzide
- propranolol extended-release - oral, Innopran XL
- INSULIN-INJECTION, Humulin, Iletin I NPH, Novolin
- METOPROLOL EXTENDED RELEASE-ORAL
- ramipril, Altace
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- losartan (Cozaar)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- lovastatin, Mevacor, Altoprev
- pravastatin, Pravigard PAC (discontinued)
- ticlopidine, Ticlid (discontinued brand in the US)
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- Birth Control Pills (List of Oral Contraceptives and Side Effects)
- esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone, Estratest, Estratest HS
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- clopidogrel (Plavix)
- cerivastatin, Baycol
- alteplase (TPA, Activase, Cathflo Activase)
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- telmisartan, Micardis
- colesevelam, Welchol
- niacin, Niacor, Niaspan, Slo-Niacin, Nicolar (discontinued)
- niacin and lovastatin, Advicor
- Aspirin Therapy (Guidelines for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention)
- ezetimibe and simvastatin, Vytorin
- dipyridamole - oral, Persantine
- tolazamide (Tolinase brand has been discontinued.)
- amlodipine/atorvastatin - oral, Caduet
- aspirin gum - oral, Aspergum
- moexipril - oral, Univasc
- quinapril/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Accuretic
- glipizide and metformin (Metaglip has been discontinued in the US)
- valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Diovan HCT)
- aspirin/dipyridamole sustained-release - oral, Aggrenox
- Avandamet (rosiglitazone/metformin)
- irbesartan/hydrochlorothiazide - oral, Avalide
- insulin glargine (Lantus)
- vitamin K-1, phytonadione (Mephyton)
- gliclazide-oral tablet
- eplerenone - oral, Inspra
- Glucovance (glyburide/metformin)
- torsemide (Demadex)
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters
- apixaban (Eliquis)
- Anticoagulants (Anticoagulant Drug Class)
- Zocor (simvastatin) vs. Crestor (rosuvastatin)
- Vasodilators (Drug Class Side Effects, List of Names)
- Coumadin vs. Plavix (Differences and Similarities)
- Ibuprofen and Plavix (Side Effects and Interactions)
- Aspirin vs. Plavix (clopidogrel)
Prevention & Wellness
- A-Fib Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Study Casts Doubt on Light Drinking's Benefits
- How Much He Sleeps May Affect His Stroke Risk
- Health Tip: Maintain Healthy Cholesterol
- Mediterranean Diet May Cut Stroke Risk for Women, But Not Men
- Easing Sleep Apnea May Be Key to Stroke Recovery
- Fitter Folks Suffer Milder Strokes: Study
- 1 in 6 Americans Over 40 Has Been Knocked Unconscious: Study
- Scientists Find 500 More Genes That Influence Blood Pressure
- Smog Might Cloud Your Memory
- Is Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Really Worth It for Seniors?
- Black Patients Have 5 Times the Rate of Blood Pressure Crises
- Blood Infection Sepsis Tied to Heart Attack, Stroke
- 'Million Hearts' Project Aims to Prevent 1 Million Cardiac Crises
- Even at Low Levels, Toxic Metals Put Heart at Serious Risk: Study
- Secret Tunnels Between Skull, Brain Speed Immune Cells After Stroke in Mice
- Is Dairy Due for a 'Heart Health Makeover'?
- Breastfeeding Bonus: Lower Stroke Risk for Mom Years Later
- Obesity Warps the Shape, Function of Young Hearts
- Smoking May Boost Irregular Heart Beat Risk
- More Evidence That Supplements Won't Help Your Heart
- Health Tip: Use a Blood Thinner Safely
- Sitting Tied to Raised Risk of Death From 14 Diseases
- NIH Cancels Large Alcohol/Heart Health Study
- Blacks, Hispanics Suffer Second Bleeding Strokes More Often
- New Blood Pressure Rules Could Prevent Many 2nd Strokes: Study
- Tips for Handling a Medical Emergency
- Scans Can Tell How Long Ago a Stroke Occurred
- After 'Mini-Stroke,' Drug Combo Could Help Cut Odds for Major Attack
- What You Need to Know About Strokes
- Could Time in a Sauna Lower Your Stroke Risk?
- A Better Clot-Buster Drug for Strokes?
- As Younger Men's Smoking Rises, So Does Their Stroke Risk
- Stroke's Impact May Go Far Beyond the Physical, Study Finds
- Magnetic Heart Pump Cuts Risk of Blood Clots, Stroke in Study
- As Stroke 'Liquefies' Brain Tissue, Lasting Harm May Spread
- Blacks May Face Higher Stroke Risk From AFib
- Stroke May Not Mean Language Loss for Newborns
- Short as a Child, Stroke Risk as an Adult?
- Could a Blood Thinner Actually Raise Stroke Risk for Some?
- Women Who Are Most at Risk of Stroke
- 'Hole in Heart' Defect May Raise Stroke Risk After Surgery
- Expanded Use of Clot-Removing Procedure Could Change Stroke Care
- Pill Combo May Do More to Reduce Stroke Risk
- Will Certain Foods Bolster Brain Health After Stroke?
- Keep Working to Protect Your Brain After a Mild Stroke
- Stroke Takes Greater Toll on One Group of Americans
- Troubling Stroke Trend Among U.S. Moms-to-Be
- Are Stroke Patients Skipping Rehab?
- Many Stroke Survivors Don't Improve Health Habits
- 'Jeopardy!' Host Recuperating From Removal of Clots in Brain
- Quickly Treating Mini-Stroke Can Cut Risk for Future Stroke
- Virtual Reality: A Helping Hand After Stroke
- Binge-Watchers, Beware: Long TV Time Poses Clot Risk
- Nursing Home Often Only Option for Single Men After Stroke
- Heart Disease, Stroke Cutting Black Lives Short
- Stroke Risk Factors Are Rising
- Stopping Aspirin Tied to Quick Rise in Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Some May Need a Little Help Monitoring Blood Pressure at Home
- Which Single Behavior Best Prevents High Blood Pressure?
- Diabetes Threatens Kidneys, Vision of Millions of Americans
- 'Healthy' Obese Still Face Higher Heart Risks
- Do E-Cigarettes Damage Blood Vessels?
- The Health Risks of Long Work Weeks
- Remember This: A Healthy Body Keeps the Mind Sharp, Too
- Uptick in U.S. Stroke Deaths Sets Off Alarms: CDC
- New 'Biologic' Drug May Help Severe Asthma
- Calcium in Arteries May Best Predict Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Sleepless Nights Do No Favors for Your Heart
- Drug May Fight Heart Disease in Whole New Way
- Could an Estrogen Patch Boost Women's Sex Lives in Menopause?
- High Salt Intake May Double Heart Failure Risk
- Women at Risk for Alzheimer's Face Critical 10-Year Window, Study Says
- Young Adults May Be Ignoring High Blood Pressure
- After Heart Attack, Just 1 in 3 Go for Rehab: CDC
- Awake for Aneurysm Brain Surgery, Better Results?
- Meth Abuse Could Up Stroke Risk in Younger Users
- Doctor-Patient Dialogue May Boost Use of Blood Pressure Drugs
- Virtual House Calls for Speedy, Effective Parkinson's Care
- Which Heart Bypass Surgery Works Best?
- Heart Risk Up if Hospitalized for Pneumonia or Sepsis
- Number of Americans With Epilepsy at Record Level
- Kidney Disease May Boost Risk of Abnormal Heartbeat
- Stroke Rates Drop for U.S. Men, But Not Women
- Is Pot Linked to Blood Pressure Deaths?
- Blood Pressure Fluctuations Tied to Dementia Risk in Study
- Less Than Half of U.S. Stroke Patients Get Rx for Statins
- Stopping Statins After Stroke May Raise Risk of Another
- 10 Factors to Predict Bleeding Risk in Stroke Survivors
- Aspirin Safe for Heart Failure Patients, Study Finds
- Moving From 'Stroke Belt' Doesn't Undo Higher Dementia Risk
- Climate Change May Trigger 60,000 More Premature Deaths by 2030
- One Stroke Raises Risk for Another, Even Years Later: Study
- 'Smart' Robot Technology Could Give Stroke Rehab a Boost
- Despite Warnings, Kids Are Still Dying in Hot Cars
- CPAP Mask Not a Prescription for Heart Troubles
- 'Simple 7' Steps Can Help Improve Blood Pressure in Blacks
- Nerve Zap Unlikely to Ease Low Back Pain
- Is Shingles Tied to Heart, Stroke Risk?
- How to Keep Your Kids Out of the ER This Summer
- Could a High IQ Mean a Longer Life?
- Some Prostate Drugs May Do Harm
- More Americans Are Walking for Exercise
- For Many, Friends Are Key to Happiness in Old Age
- Heavy Teens May Be Setting Themselves Up for a Stroke
- Early Care by Cardiologist May Lower Stroke Risk for A-Fib Patients
- Extreme Heat in Southwest a Deadly Threat
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Lower Heart, Stroke Risk for Mom
- Head Position May Not Affect Outcome After Stroke
- Secondhand Smoke Still Plagues Some Cancer Survivors
- Many Chronic Illnesses Linked to Suicide Risk
- Study Hints at Link Between Some Statins, Parkinson's Risk
- Hot Car Deaths: What to Know
- Time for Some Summer Sun Safety Tips
- Horse Therapy Could Rein In Stroke's Damage Years Later
- Home Blood Pressure Monitors Wrong 7 of 10 Times: Study
- Are You at Risk for Metabolic Syndrome?
- Nighttime Airport Noise May Raise Heart Risks
- Patient's Education Level May Be Key to Heart Risk
- Meds Rooted in Ancient China May Help Heart: Review
- Stay Safe as Summer Temps Soar
- Americans Buying Less Salt-Laden Foods
- Moving Toward a Better Blood Pressure Pill
- Are Many A-Fib Patients Getting the Wrong Dose?
- Can a 70-Year-Old Have the Arteries of a 20-Year-Old?
- Meth Addicts' Hearts May Improve If They Quit
- Stroke Risk Can Rise With Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure
- Hospitals Vary in Moving Stroke Patients to Comfort or Hospice Care
- At Major Teaching Hospitals, Lower Death Rates
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- Overcrowded ERs Risky for Some Seriously Ill Patients
- Fruits, Veggies May Benefit Your Legs, Too
- Heart Disease the No. 1 Killer Worldwide
- Heart Health Might Be a Matter of Geography
- Better Treatment Might Prevent Hundreds of Thousands of Strokes
- Is It OK to Use Uber, Lyft to Get to the ER?
- Speed Is Key When a Stroke Strikes
- Heart Failure Patients Do Better When Sticking With Same Hospital
- Country Music Legend Loretta Lynn Suffers Stroke
- Just 5 Percent of Daily Salt Gets Added at the Table
- 1 in 3 Americans May Have Had Warning Stroke Without Knowing It
- Healthy Heart in Middle Age Delivers Big Dividends
- 'Silent' Seizures Tied to Alzheimer's Symptoms
- Seizure Control Eases Life for Young Adults With Epilepsy
- Energy Drinks May Give the Heart an Unhealthy Jolt
- 'Mindfulness' Probably Won't Cure Your Back Pain: Study
- Common Food Nutrient Tied to Risky Blood Clotting
- Do Diet Sodas Pose Health Risks?
- When Oxygen Runs Low, the Naked Mole-Rat Finds a Way
- Many Heart Attack Patients Fail to Stick With Statins
- Conflicting Statin Guidelines Leave Millions in 'Gray Zone'
- Blood Pressure: Know Your Numbers
- Trans Fat Bans May Have Cut Heart Attack, Stroke Rate
- A Healthy Middle-Aged Heart May Protect Your Brain Later
- More Younger Americans Are Suffering Strokes: Study
- Many Americans Don't Know How to Handle High Cholesterol
- Race May Play Role in Obese Teens' Blood Pressure
- Who Really Needs All Those Heart Tests?
- High-Dose Vitamin D Failed to Curb Heart Disease in Study
- Fitness, Not Fat, Is Key to Post-Stroke Recovery
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Does No Favors for Your Heart
- Who Really Needs Blood Pressure, Cholesterol Meds?
- High Thyroid Hormone Levels Tied to Stiffer Arteries
- For Firefighters, Another Danger: The Heart
- Keys to Heart Disease Care: Communication and Trust
- Can Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Lower Cancer Death Risk?
- Race Plays Role in Heart, Diabetes Risk, Even at Normal Weight
- Sleepless Nights, Unhealthy Hearts?
- The Saltiest Foods May Surprise You
- Daily Glass of Beer, Wine Might Do a Heart Good
- TV Ads Help Drive Testosterone Supplement Sales
- Health Tip: Managing Metabolic Syndrome
- Are Blood Thinners Overused in Patients With Irregular Heartbeat?
- New Cholesterol Drugs May Beat Statins, But Price Tag Is High
- Remote Amazon Tribe May Have Healthiest Hearts on Earth
- Pradaxa Beats Warfarin After Heart Rhythm Procedure: Study
- Smokers Prone to Problems After Joint Replacement: Study
- Stent Patients Face Higher Risk of Death After Bleeding, Clots
- Many With Irregular Heartbeat Not on Meds They Need: Study
- 1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
- Bad Diets Tied to 400,000 U.S. Deaths in 2015
- Pot Use Tied to Higher Odds for Stroke, Heart Failure
- Heart Disease Kicks in Earlier for Obese People
- Americans With High Blood Pressure Still Eating Too Much Salt
- 'Pokemon Go' Players Add 2,000 Steps a Day
- Poor Diet Tied to Half of U.S. Deaths From Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Many People Don't Take Their High Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Study Ties Some Migraines to Artery Tears in Neck, Raising Stroke Risk
- Nerve 'Zap' Treatment May Speed Stroke Recovery
- Doctors Handled Influx of Obamacare Patients: Study
- Too Many Stroke Victims Don't Get Clot-Busting Drug: Study
- More Evidence Ties Gum Health to Stroke Risk
- 10 Daily Servings of Fruits, Veggies a Recipe for Longevity
- Study Links Psychiatric Disorders to Stroke Risk
- Could Parkinson's Disease Raise Stroke Risk?
- Study Finds Stroke Care Faster for Men Than Women
- Head Position Just After Stroke Doesn't Affect Recovery: Study
- For Stroke Survivors, Exercise Is Good for the Brain: Review
- Race May Play Role in Recurrent Stroke
- Headaches Often Strike Before Strokes in Kids: Study
- Bleeding Strokes Take Heavy Toll on Brain
- Testosterone Therapy May Have Benefits, But Risks Too
- Loneliness Often Plagues Black Women at Risk for Heart Disease
- After Wives Suffer Stroke, Husbands Adapt to Caregiving Role
- After Stroke, 'Blue' Light May Help Beat the Blues
- Rude, Disrespectful Surgeons May Also Be More Error-Prone: Study
- Drinking Peroxide as 'Natural' Cure Leads to Dangerous Blood Clots
- Amphetamine Abuse Abuses the Heart
- 'Heading' Soccer Ball Not Smart for the Brain
- Health Tip: Strength Training Is For Seniors, Too
- U.S. Heart Failure Rates on the Rise
- Amnesia Affecting Some Opioid Abusers
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- 'Ablation' Procedure Helps 3 out of 4 Patients With Irregular Heartbeat
- 'Red Yeast Rice' Statin Alternative Not Harmless Either, Study Says
- Poverty Harder on Women's Hearts, Research Shows
- Hispanics, Blacks Less Likely to Get High Blood Pressure Treatment: Study
- Higher Risk of Heart Disease for Blacks in Poorer Neighborhoods
- Can Coffee Perk Up Heart Health, Too?
- Medical Groups Raise Blood Pressure Rx Threshold for Healthy Adults Over 60
- High Blood Pressure May Not Be All Bad in the Elderly: Study
- Rural Americans at Higher Risk of 5 Preventable Causes of Death: CDC
- Blood Levels of Meat-Linked Chemical Tied to Odds of Heart Trouble
- Migraine Linked to Higher Stroke Risk After Surgery
- High Blood Pressure Often Undiagnosed, Untreated
- Can Brain Scans Help Doctors Navigate Epilepsy Surgery?
- 'Stress Ball' in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
- High Blood Pressure Increasing Worldwide
- One-Third With Common Irregular Heartbeat Don't Take Blood Thinners
- 'You're Not My Wife, You're an Impostor'
- Cluster Headaches Can Defy Diagnosis But Respond to Treatment
- Debbie Reynold's Death Puts Spotlight on 'Broken Heart Syndrome'
- Actress Debbie Reynolds Dies 1 Day After Daughter Carrie Fisher's Death
- HIV May Double Odds of Heart Attack
- Rest May Not Be Best for Kids After Concussion
- Dr. Henry Heimlich, Inventor of the 'Heimlich Maneuver,' Dies at 96
- A Lengthy, Stable Marriage May Boost Stroke Survival
- Americans' Life Expectancy Falls for 1st Time in Decades
- John Glenn, Legendary Astronaut and Later Senator, Has Died
- Yoga Called Good Medicine for High Blood Pressure
- Rare Infant Seizure Disorder Often Missed
- Regular Drinkers, Irregular Heartbeat?
- Normal Blood Pressure in Clinic May Mask Hypertension
- 11 Percent of Stroke Survivors Struggle With Epilepsy
- Pradaxa Blood Thinner May Beat Warfarin After Bleeding Episode: Study
- Wider Low-Dose Aspirin Use Would Save U.S. $692 Billion: Study
- Testosterone Therapy May Be Linked to Serious Blood Clots
- Doctors Should Counsel Even Low-Risk Patients on Heart Health
- It's Never Too Late to Stop Smoking
- Many Women With Chronic Ills Don't Use Online Tools
- Fast-Food Calorie Labeling Not Working, Study Finds
- Drug Combo for Irregular Heartbeat Might Raise Bleeding Risk
- Amputations Due to Poor Blood Flow More Likely in Certain Groups
- Choose the Healthy Foods Options This Holiday Season
- CDC Reveals Top 5 Causes of Death
- Can Protein, Probiotics Help With Blood Sugar Control?
- Many Atrial Fibrillation Patients Missing Out on Blood Thinners
- Many With Common Irregular Heartbeat Unaware of Stroke Risk
- Device Shows Promise Against Tough-to-Treat Heart Failure
- Stressed Childhood Might Raise Risk for High Blood Pressure Later
- Migraine and Stroke Risk Linked Again
- Coming Soon: Lower Cholesterol From a Twice-a-Year Shot?
- Could Common Heartburn Drugs Up Stroke Risk?
- High Blood Pressure Rates Have Doubled Worldwide Since 1975
- Celebrex May Not Pose Bigger Heart Risk Than Similar Drugs: Study
- Craving Salt? Your Genes May Be the Reason, Study Suggests
- Heavy Smoking May Boost Blacks' Diabetes Risk
- More Than Half of Americans Have Chronic Health Problem: Study
- Does Living in Poor Neighborhood Up Stroke Risk?
- Does 'Good' Cholesterol Matter in Heart Disease Risk?
- 'White Coat' High Blood Pressure May Signal Trouble in Older People
- Device Approved to Prevent Second Strokes in Certain Heart Patients
- Heart Group Advises Personalized Nutrition Counseling
- FDA Warns of Dangers From Testosterone Supplements
- Air Pollution May Even Harm Blood Vessels of Healthy Young
- Pregnancy May Boost Stroke Risk in Younger Women: Study
- Review Says Calcium Supplements Won't Harm the Heart
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Hit All-Time High: CDC
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Patients May Not Always Need Blood Thinners: Study
- Little Gains in Efforts to Boost Outpatient Care
- Can Hormonal Rx for Prostate Cancer Raise Dementia Risk?
- A Better Diabetes Test?
- Fitful Sleep May Take Toll on Older Women's Hearts
- Brain Aneurysm: Lack of Awareness Can Cost Lives
- Some Increased Bleeding Risk Seen With Blood Thinner Xarelto Vs. Pradaxa
- 1 in 10 Stroke Rehab Interruptions May Be Preventable
- Exercise Speeds Seniors' Recovery From Disability
- Can Brain 'Pacemaker' Improve Lives of Head Trauma Patients?
- Smoking Leaves Lasting Marks on DNA: Study
- Alcohol May Damage the Heart -- at Least for Some
- Minorities Less Likely to Get Clot-Clearing Stroke Drug
- 1 in 4 Medicare Patients Uses Blood Pressure Meds Incorrectly
- Many With Diabetes Missing Out on Statins
- What's Regular Exercise Worth? Maybe $2,500 Per Year
- New Electrical Stimulation Therapy Can Help Stroke Patients Move Paralyzed Hand
- Stroke Survivors Often Struggle With Depression
- A Woman's Weight Has Complex Link to Stroke Risk
- Clot Retrieval Device Approval Expanded
- Heart Rhythm Disorder May Be Tied to Wider Range of Ills
- Want Better Heart Health? There's an App for That
- Blood Test Might Someday Predict Your Stroke Risk
- Mouse Study Suggests Stem Cells May Reverse Stroke Damage
- Family Trumps Friends in Extending Seniors' Lives
- Anemia Boosts Stroke Death Risk, Study Finds
- Regular Exercise: Antidote for Deadly Diseases?
- Even Poorer Nations Not Immune to High Blood Pressure
- Heart Risk Factors Rise Before Menopause
- Study Links Sleep Problems to Stroke Risk, Recovery
- Diabetes Drug Victoza Might Not Help Advanced Heart Failure Patients
- Fat May Not Hike Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Treating Psoriasis May Reduce Risk for Other Ills
- Is Pot Harder on the Heart Than Tobacco?
- Hour of Exercise a Day May Offset Sitting's Toll on Health
- Flu Shot Tied to Fewer Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Are Stroke Centers Life Savers?
- FDA Renews Call to Reduce Salt in Processed Foods
- Women Smokers at Higher Risk for Brain Bleed
- Living Past 90 Doesn't Doom You to Disease, Disability
- 9 Out of 10 Strokes Could Be Prevented, Study Finds
- Health Before a Stroke Is Big Predictor of Second Attack
- How to Spot the Warning Signs of Heat Stroke
- Study Links Severe Head Injury to Parkinson's Risk
- Exercise May Help Ease Adult ADHD Symptoms
- Why Some Seniors Don't Take Their Meds
- Irregular Heartbeat More Deadly in Blacks: Study
- Heart Attack Help? There's an App for That
- Doing This at Bedtime Could Temporarily Rob Your Sight
- Another Potential Use for Statins?
- Health Tip: Get Checked for High Blood Pressure
- Aspirin Often Wrongly Prescribed for Atrial Fibrillation
- Just a Little of Statins' Effect Enough to Help Heart: Study
- Blood Pressure May Soar if You Live Near an Airport
- Single Working Moms Carry a Heart Burden
- For Better Heart Care, Get a Pharmacist on Your Team
- Diabetes Drug Victoza May Help the Heart: Study
- Mixed News on Drinking and Heart Health
- Spikes in Blood Pressure Don't Always Need ER Care
- Could Eating More Whole Grains Help You Live Longer?
- Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease a Dangerous Combo
- Less Heart Care, More Strokes for Women?
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Irregular Heartbeat May Be Deadly in Car Crash
- Women Less Likely to Get Blood Thinner for Irregular Heartbeat
- Low-Dose Aspirin Tied to Longer Colon Cancer Survival
- Stem Cells May Offer New Hope to Stroke Survivors
- Why Stroke in Middle Age Is More Deadly for Blacks Than Whites
- FDA Calls for Less Salt in Processed Foods
- ADHD Meds May Pose Heart Risks for Some Kids
- Smog Can Make Blood Pressure Soar: Studies
- Women With Migraine May Face Higher Threat of Heart Disease, Stroke
- High-Salt Diets May Raise Heart Risks for Kidney Patients
- Blood Pressure Swings Linked to Faster Decline in Mental Skills
- Could a Low-Salt Diet Hurt Your Health?
- Elderly Benefit From Intensive Blood Pressure Treatment
- Aspirin After Mini-Stroke May Help Prevent Full-Blown Stroke
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risks for Angioplasty Patients
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- 5 Warning Signs of Stroke
- Stroke Hospitalization Down for Many in U.S.
- If 1 in 10 U.S. Smokers Quits, $63 Billion Saved
- Clues to How Popular Heartburn Drug Might Harm Arteries
- Blood Pressure Patterns May Predict Stroke Risk
- Is Daily Blood Thinner Needed for Irregular Heartbeat?
- New Guidelines Recommend Inpatient Rehab After Stroke
- Focus on Healthy Foods, Not Avoiding 'Bad' Ones, for Heart Health: Study
- Breast Cancer Meds Won't Raise Chances of Heart Attack, Stroke, Study Suggests
- Retirement Can Be Golden for Your Health
- Cancer History May Affect Survival After Organ Transplant
- Warfarin Can Be Safe, Effective for People With Irregular Heartbeat
- Lonely, Isolated People May Be Prone to Heart Disease, Stroke
- Doctors May Be Ordering Too Many Neck Artery Scans: Study
- Doctors Issue Call to Combat Climate Change
- After Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes, Healthy Diet May Ease Blood Pressure
- Obesity in Teens Seems to Raise Risk for Illness, Death in Middle Age
- Stimulant, Banned From Sports, Found in Dietary Supplements in U.S.
- Fruit Every Day Might Help Your Heart, Researchers Say
- Common Irregular Heartbeat May Hamper Seniors' Walking Ability
- Treating Depression Might Help Stem Heart Woes: Study
- Harmful Artery-Stiffening Seen in Healthy 40-Year-Olds
- Right Brain Scan Could Aid in Stroke Recovery: Study
- Skipping Meds Greatly Ups Heart Patients' Risk of Stroke: Study
- CDC: Federal Anti-Smoking Campaign Still Paying Off
- Do-It-Yourself Blood Pressure Checks May Help Spot Heart, Stroke Risk
- Exercise May Keep Your Brain 10 Years Younger, Study Suggests
- PTSD May Stiffen Veterans' Arteries, Boosting Heart Risks
- Stress Management Training May Help Cardiac Rehab Patients
- Many With Irregular Heartbeat Missing Out on Stroke-Preventing Treatments
- Obese Women on Birth Control Pills May Face Higher Risk of Rare Stroke
- Long Hours at the Office May Raise Your Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Stress of Caring for Sick Spouse May Raise Stroke Risk
- Climate-Related Changes in Food Production Could Lead to 500,000 Deaths
- Violence May Raise a Woman's Risk for Stroke
- One Alcoholic Drink Might Temporarily Bump Up Heart Risk
- Healthier Arteries May Lower Dementia Risk in Old Age
- Certain Jobs Hazardous to Your Heart Health, Study Finds
- A Daily Cup of Tea May Soothe Your Heart
- Daylight Saving Time Tied to Brief Spike in Stroke Risk
- Earthquake Survivors With PTSD Show Brain Differences
- Feeling Old? Your Risk for Hospitalization May Rise
- Briviact Approved for Epileptic Seizures
- Post-Stroke Caregiving at Home Tops $11,000 a Year: Study
- Stroke Survivors Develop Seizures, Study Confirms
- Could a Clot-Busting Drug Help Treat a 'Bleeding' Stroke?
- Surgery, Stents Equally Effective for Opening Neck Arteries: Study
- More Evidence Smog May Raise Stroke Risk
- Testosterone Therapy May Boost Sex Drive in Older Men ...
- For Stroke Patients, Temporary Easing of Symptoms Can Be Deceiving
- Stroke Risk May Be Greater for Certain Migraine Sufferers: Studies
- Many Stroke Patients Prefer Video Follow-Up Versus Phone Call
- Pregnancy After 40 May Boost Risk of 'Bleeding' Stroke Later: Study
- New Type of Weight-Loss Surgery May Be Less Risky, Cheaper
- Anemia Drugs May Not Boost Kidney Patients' Well-Being: Study
- Neanderthal DNA May Play Role in Modern Human Health
- Seafood Might Protect Brain in People at Genetic Risk for Alzheimer's
- Daily Caffeine Doesn't Seem to Jolt the Heart: Study
- Clot-Busters Might Be Useful for 'Previously Dependent' Stroke Patients
- Eating More Healthy Fats May Extend Life, Study Suggests
- Race Not Tied to Threat of Second Stroke, Study Finds
- Irregular Heart Beat May Pose Bigger Threat to Women
- For Seniors, Poor Sleep May Mean Higher Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Immune Cells Repair Damage to Blood-Brain Barrier in Mice
- Study: Tissue Heart Valves Seem Best for Middle-Aged Patients
- Young Adults Would Delay Seeking Stroke Treatment: Survey
- Americans Still Consume Too Much Salt: CDC
- Statins May Reduce Heart Risks Linked to Sleep Apnea: Study
- DASH Diet Ranks Best for Sixth Time
- Reducing Salt Intake Might Harm Heart Failure Patients, Study Claims
- All High-Risk Patients Should Get Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Healthy Habits Help Reduce Risk of Heart Failure, Study Finds
- Should You Be Taking Aspirin Daily?
- Reduced Blood Flow to Back of Brain Raises Recurrent Stroke Risk: Study
- More Evidence That Time-to-Treatment Is Crucial for Stroke
- U.S. Task Force Backs Statins for Those 40 to 75 at Heightened Heart Risk
- Toothlessness a Clue to Deadly Heart Disease?
- Hospital's Experience Helps Predict Stroke Results
- More Support for Lower Blood Pressure Goals
- One in Five U.S. Kids Over Age 5 Has Unhealthy Cholesterol: CDC
- Sense of Purpose in Life May Boost Longevity, Heart Health
- Adults With Heart Defects May Face Higher Risk of Stroke: Study
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer
- Lowering Body Temperature May Help Cardiac Arrest Patients
- Adult Obesity Still Growing in U.S., Youth Rates Hold Steady: CDC
- Side Effects Cause Some to Stop Taking Blood Thinner Brilinta
- Lower Blood Pressure Target Could Save Lives: Study
- Carbon Monoxide Levels in Breath Might Point to Stroke Risk
- Extracting Clot Beats Clot-Busting Drug Alone in Study of Stroke Patients
- Death Rates From Major Illnesses Fall in U.S.
- Few Americans Know Warning Signs of Stroke
- Pot Use Tied to Specific Type of Stroke in Young
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation Offers Promise for Stroke Victims: Study
- Many Seniors Given Antipsychotic Meds, Despite Potential Problems
- Heart Patients Worldwide Missing Out on Key Drugs
- FDA Approves Drug to Reverse Blood Thinner's Effect
- Study Links Flu Vaccine to Short-Term Drop in Stroke Risk
- Job Stress Tied to Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Many Doctors Admit Difficulty in Treating Unexplained Stroke: Poll
- Not All Trans Fats Harm the Heart, German Study Contends
- MRI Helps Detect Brain Bleeding Soon After Traumatic Brain Injury
- People in Their 50s Benefit Most From Low-Dose Aspirin, Report Says
- Blood Pressure May Be Key to Brain Hemorrhage Recurrence
- Your Heart Is Likely 'Older' Than You Are
- Cold Weather May Up Risk of Stroke, Severe Heart Attack for Some
- Childhood Cancer Survivors Who've Had One Stroke at Risk of Second
- Most Don't Need 'Bridging' When They Stop Warfarin Temporarily
- When Your Spouse Has a Stroke, Your Health May Suffer, Too
- Workaholics May Face Higher Stroke Risk: Study
- Insulin Pumps Nearly Halve Risk of Heart Disease Death for Type 1 Diabetics
- Could Your Smartphone Help Boost Your Heart Health?
- Hispanics in U.S. Least Likely to Dial 911 for Stroke
- Jury Still Out on Whether Saturated Fat Is Bad for You, Researchers Say
- More Evidence That Southern Cooking Boosts Heart Risk
- Kidney Problems Linked to Brain Disorders: Study
- Poor Thinking Skills in Seniors Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- More Progress Needed To Get Stroke Patients Rapid Care
- Older Smokers With Migraines May Face Added Stroke Risk
- Big Swings in Blood Pressure Could Spell Trouble
- Many Hospitals Overestimate Their Adherence to Stroke Guidelines
- Antibiotic May Lower Effect of Some Blood Thinners
- Too Much TV, Too Little Exercise When Young May Hasten Mental Decline Later
- Aspirin Use Common Among Americans With Heart Trouble
- Secondhand Smoke Tied to Raised Stroke Risk in Study
- FDA Strengthens Warning on NSAIDs and Heart Risk
- Uric Acid May Limit Stroke Disability In Women
- FDA Strengthens Heart Attack, Stroke Warning for Popular Painkillers
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Healthier Arteries in Middle Age
- Deaths From High Blood Pressure Should Plummet Under 'Obamacare': Study
- Chronic Ills May Add Up to a Shortened Life Span
- Tiny Brain Lesions Linked to Raised Risk of Stroke Death
- Stroke Tied to Long-Term Mental Decline
- Calcium Scan Can Predict Premature Death Risk, Study Says
- Wide Variations Seen in U.S. Stroke Care
- Fireworks Can Spark Bump in Air Pollution, Study Finds
- Trauma, PTSD May Raise Women's Odds of Heart Attack, Stroke: Study
- Heart Association's Stroke Guidelines Support Clot-Removing Device
- A Healthy Body Often Equals a Healthy Brain
- Half of U.S. Hispanics With High Cholesterol Unaware They Have It: Study
- Intense Therapy Helps Restore Arm Function Long After Stroke: Study
- Noisy Neighborhoods Tied to Higher Stroke Risk
- More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Adults Now Overweight or Obese: Study
- Lip Injections May Ease Challenges of Facial Paralysis
- More Research Hints at Chocolate's Heart Benefits
- Educating Stroke Survivors Helps Them Spot Another Stroke Faster
- Stroke Ages Brain by 8 Years, Study Finds
- FDA Warns of Complications From Facial Fillers
- Don't Give Heart-Healthy Patients Blood Pressure Drugs Before Surgery: Study
- Heart Risk Factors May Harm Black Women More Than Whites
- COPD Raises Cardiac Death Risk for Those With Irregular Heartbeat
- Cholesterol Drugs May Lower Stroke Risk for Healthy Older Adults
- Stenting Outcomes Vary Widely Among U.S. Hospitals
- How Safe Is Exercise for Those With Common Irregular Heartbeat?
- Even Treated Depression May Raise Stroke Risk
- Hand-Grip Strength May Provide Clues to Heart Health
- Blood Thinner Warfarin May Pose Greater Bleeding Risk for Obese: Study
- Tips to Detect Early Warning Signs of Stroke
- Healthy Eating May Shield the Aging Brain
- Patients With Bleeding Strokes May Do Better at Specialized Centers
- Many Women Unaware of Female-Specific Stroke Symptoms
- E-Health Records May Not Boost Stroke Care
- Heart Failure Implant Tied to Weakening of Thinking, Memory
- How to Lower Your Stroke Risk
- MRI May Help Gauge Stroke Risk in Those With Irregular Heartbeat
- Smog May Be Harming Your Brain
- Daily Aspirin Taken by More Than Half of Older U.S. Adults
- Pharmacists Key to Whether Patients Take Blood Thinners
- Blood Thinners Overprescribed for Low-Risk Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Stroke Patients May Face Increased Risk of Suicide
- Pouch in Heart May Trigger Unexplained Strokes: Study
- Fit at 50? Cardiac Arrest During Exercise Unlikely, Study Finds
- More People Dying of Heart Disease, Stroke Worldwide: Study
- New Stroke Prevention Efforts May Be Paying Off
- FDA Expands Approval for 'Valve in Valve' Aortic Replacement
- Heart Groups Issue Updated Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Terminally Ill Can Do Without Statins, Study Finds
- Stents Meant to Prevent Stroke May Actually Boost Risk
- Some Older Heart Patients Might Benefit From Aggressive Treatments
- Manual Clot Removal After Heart Attack May Not Help, Could Harm
- Newer Blood Thinner May Improve Outcomes for Heart Attack Survivors
- Folic Acid May Help Ward Off Stroke in People With High Blood Pressure
- Coffee and Your Health: FAQ
- Outcomes Vary With Minimally Invasive Heart Valve Replacement
- A Sense of Purpose May Help Your Heart
- Air Pollution Linked to Increased Stroke Risk, Study Says
- 1 in 3 Americans Lives an Hour or More From a Stroke Center
- Early Studies See No Heart Risk From Testosterone Therapy
- Does Long-Term Acetaminophen Use Raise Health Risks?
- Global Blood Pressure Program Could Save Millions of Lives, Experts Say
- Poor Response to Statins May Mean Clogged Arteries
- Long Sleep Time, Higher Stroke Risk?
- Certain Painkillers Ill-Advised After Heart Attack: Study
- Aspirin 'Resistance' May Make for Worse Strokes: Study
- 'Calculators' Doctors Use May Overestimate Heart Risks, Study Says
- Newer Blood Thinner Beats Heparin for Certain Heart Attacks
- More Evidence That Even 'Moderate' Exercise Helps Women's Hearts
- Mediterranean Diet May Lower Stroke Risk, Study Finds
- Parents of Young Stroke Victims at Risk for PTSD, Researchers Find
- Low Vitamin D Levels in Stroke Survivors a Bad Sign, Study Finds
- Clot-Busting Drug May Be Safe for Those With 'Wake-Up' Strokes
- Kids Living in 'Stroke Belt' Not More Likely to Have Stroke: Study
- Driving Soon After Stroke May Be Risky, Studies Suggest
- Eyes May Be Window to Outcomes After Stroke, Research Suggests
- Lower Blood Pressure Reduces First Stroke Risk: Study
- U.S. Smoking Deaths May Be Underestimated, Study Suggests
- Some Stroke Survivors May Face Heightened Cancer Risk, Study Shows
- Dehydration Linked to Greater Stroke Damage
- Motorized Stationary Bike May Help With Stroke Rehabilitation
- Blood Pressure Meds Lower Heart, Stroke Risks in Diabetics: Analysis
- Low Vitamin D Levels in Childhood May Raise Heart Risks: Study
- Depression After Stroke Linked to Troubled Sleep
- More Stroke Patients Getting Clot-Buster Quickly, Study Shows
- New Device Cleared to Reduce Stroke Risk
- Newly Diagnosed With High Blood Pressure? 3 Factors Affect Prognosis
- Ultra-Early Stroke Care Can Start With Paramedics: Study
- Too Much Alcohol at Midlife Raises Stroke Risk, Study Finds
- Stroke Survivors Who Live Alone Face Higher Risk of Early Death: Study
- Pneumonia Raises Heart Disease Risk for Years: Study
- A Bit More Salt Each Day May Not Harm Older Adults
- Therapy Dogs Help Cancer Patients Cope With Tough Treatments
- How Intense Efforts Boosted Heart Health for One Maine Community
- Neck Artery Stents May Not Be Worthwhile in 'Real World' Setting
- More Than 1 in 10 Use Daily Aspirin Inappropriately
- Cluster of Heart Risk Factors Tied to Uterine Cancer Risk
- FDA OKs New Anti-Clotting Drug for Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Blood-Thinning Drug Savaysa Approved
- Study Finds Link Between Cancer Diagnosis, Stroke Risk
- Influx of Trainee Docs in July Doesn't Affect Stroke Care: Study
- Health Tip: Move Around on a Plane
- Do Americans Eat and Drink Too Much Sugar?
- Terrorism Fears May Shorten Your Life, Study Finds
- Heat Stroke, Kidney Failure Help Drive Illnesses From Extreme Heat
- Stent Treatment May Lower Stroke Disability
- Memory Lapses May Signal Stroke Risk: Study
- Hormone Treatment for Brain Injury Fails to Meet Expectations
- Cutting Docs-in-Training Hours Hasn't Improved Patient Care: Studies
- Brain Scans Yield Clues to Future Stroke Risk
- Study Casts Doubt on Low-Dose Aspirin for Women Under 65
- Midlife Diabetes Linked to Memory Problems Later
- Special Ambulance Delivers Vital Stroke Care More Quickly
- Kids Born to Overweight Moms May Face Higher Heart Risks as Adults
- Some Fats Might Harm Your Memory
- Long-Term Use of Aspirin Plus Blood Thinner Is Safe: Study
- Some Painkillers Tied to Bleeding Risk in Those With Abnormal Heartbeat
- Asthma Raises Heart Attack Risk, Research Suggests
- Heart Device May Cut Stroke Risk in Those With Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- ER Visits for Common Irregular Heartbeat Are Rising, Study Finds
- More Americans Controlling Their High Blood Pressure
- Could Too Much Medication for Irregular Heartbeat Raise Dementia Risk?
- 'Longevity Gene' One Key to Long Life, Research Suggests
- Bed Position Matters for Stroke Patients, Report Shows
- Certain Painkillers Tied to Raised Risk of Death After Stroke
- Stroke Prevention Guidelines Emphasize Healthy Lifestyle
- Binge Drinking May Boost Blood Pressure in Young Men
- Dieters May Be Thwarted by Absence of Healthy Foods
- Technology Helps 'Locked-In' Stroke Patient Communicate
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices May Cut Women's Stroke Risk
- Health Risks After Stroke May Linger for at Least 5 Years: Study
- Strokes and the Toll They Take on Younger Adults
- Small Heart, Stroke Risks From Asthma Drug: FDA
- Scientists Explain Why Statins Raise Diabetes Risk
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Help After Certain Strokes
- Study Links Potassium to Fewer Strokes in Older Women
- Testosterone and Heart Attacks: Q&A
- Eating More Fruit Cuts Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Stroke
- Mental Decline a Risk Factor for Stroke, Study Suggests
- FDA Approves New DVT Blood Clot Treatment
- Study Ties Colds, Flu to Rare Risk of Stroke in Kids
- Blood Transfusions May Cut Risk of 'Silent' Stroke in Kids With Sickle Cell
- Less Educated Smokers at Greatest Risk for Stroke, Study Finds
- Children Prescribed Growth Hormone May Face Stroke Risk Later: Study
- Common Irregular Heartbeat May Pose Risks for Surgery Patients
- Mental Decline Often Precedes a Stroke, Study Finds
- Could Chiropractic Manipulation of Your Neck Trigger a Stroke?
- Speedy Delivery of Clot-Busting Drug Helps Stroke Patients Avoid Disability
- Blood-Thinner Pradaxa: What You Should Know
- Routine Pulse Check May Prevent Second Stroke, Study Says
- Stroke Rates Declining Among Seniors, Study Shows
- Surgery Soon After Stroke Can Be Risky: Study
- Stress, Depression May Boost Stroke Risk, Study Finds
- After Stroke, Spouse May Also Need Care
- Heart Monitoring May Prevent Some Strokes, Study Suggests
- Rising Stroke Rate for Blacks in South Carolina, Study Finds
- Stroke Prevention for Women: Start Early
- Good Heart Health May Keep Your Mind Sharp, Too
- Diets Rich in Protein May Help Protect Against Stroke
- There's No 'Obesity Paradox' for Stroke, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Raised Stroke Risk in Women, Too
- Exercise Aids in Stroke Recovery
- Know the Signs of Stroke
- Fruits and Veggies May Lower Stroke Risk
- Zontivity Approved For People at High-Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Daily Aspirin Regimen Not Safe for Everyone, FDA Warns
- Research Shows Ways to Speed Stroke Care
- Thinking, Memory Problems Tied to Blockages in Neck Artery
- Stem Cells Show Promise for Stroke Recovery
- Stroke Often Missed in ERs, Study Finds
- Stroke Risk Spikes Shortly After Shingles Episode: Study
- Insomnia May Raise Stroke Risk, Especially for Younger Adults
- Stroke Survivors Deserve Team Care: Statement
- Keeping Blood Pressure Low Halves Risk of Second Stroke: Study
- Hobbies Important for Stroke-Victim Caregivers
- Most Women Don't Know Warning Signs of Stroke: Study
- Partial Skull Removal May Save Older Patients' Lives After Massive Stroke
- Scientists Probe Dark Chocolate's Health Secrets
- Mexican-Americans Fare Worse After Stroke, Study Finds
- Every Minute Matters With Clot-Busting Stroke Drug: Study
- Even Slightly Higher Blood Pressure May Raise Stroke Risk: Study
- One-Third of Young Stroke Victims Remain Disabled Years After: Study
- Flu Shot May Lower Stroke Risk, Too
- Vigorous Exertion at Work May Trigger Heart Attacks, Strokes
- Death of Partner Boosts Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke, Study Says
- Diabetes Boosts Stroke Risk for Women, But Not Men: Study
- Stroke's Aftermath May Be Tougher on Women
- Could the Weather Affect Your Stroke Risk?
- Cocaine Use Spurs Steep, Short-Term Rise in Stroke Risk: Study
- Infections Like Colds, Chickenpox Tied to Some Stroke Risk in Kids
- Infection-Triggered Strokes Deadlier for Blacks, Study Finds
- Stroke Can Cause Sleep Apnea in Some Patients
- New Guidelines Aim to Lower Stroke Risk in Women
- Video Game Teaches Kids How to Spot a Stroke
- What 'Brain-Dead' Means
- Walk More to Cut Heart Attack and Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Warfarin May Up Stroke Risk in Those With Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- Hospitals Increasingly Give Powerful Clot-Buster for Stroke
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers Aren't Cure-Alls, FDA Warns
- Women Smokers Face Increased Risk of Lethal Stroke: Review
- Ultra-Early Treatment Reduces Disability After Stroke: Study
- Blood Protein Disparity May Help Explain Blacks' Increased Heart Risk
- Using Blood Pressure Cuff Right Before Heart Surgery Cuts Heart Damage: Study
- Mediterranean Diet May Counter Genetic Risk of Stroke
- Eye Photography May Reveal Stroke Risk, Study Finds
- Stroke Rates Dropped Over Decade, Study in Texas Finds
- New Genetic Clues to Severe Childhood Epilepsy
- ER Docs Can Tell Difference Between Stroke and Bell's Palsy
- Self-Monitoring Blood Pressure Appears to Improve Results, Study Finds
- Former President George W. Bush Gets Heart Stent
- Blood Pressure Swings Could Be Linked to Mental Decline: Study
- Americans Living Longer, Healthier Lives: Study
- Routine Echocardiograms Wouldn't Reduce Heart Events: Study
- Regular, Vigorous Exercise May Lower Your Stroke Risk
- Following Blood Pressure-Drug Schedule May Be Critical to Survival
- Stroke Risk May Be Higher for Chinese People Than Whites
- Country Singer Randy Travis Suffers a Stroke
- Most Statin Users Won't Have Major Side Effects
- Heed the Heat During Summer Workouts
- Migraine With Aura May Be Linked to All Stroke Types
- Brain Injury May Raise Stroke Risk
- Drug Combo May Reduce Risk of Second Stroke: Study
- Stroke Prevention Tips for Women
- Blood Transfusions May Mean Fewer Strokes in Kids With Sickle Cell Disease
- Scientists Spot Brain's 'Impersonation Centers'
- Even 'Silent' Strokes Can Harm Memory, Thinking
- Every Minute Counts for Stroke Victims, Study Confirms
- Scans Uncover Dangerous Hardening of Abdominal Aorta
- Heading Soccer Balls Tied to Damaging Brain Changes
- Your Stroke Risk Can Shrink With 7 Lifestyle Changes
- Alzheimer's Drugs May Benefit Heart, Study Finds
- Comparing the New Blood Thinners to Warfarin
- Charges Vary Widely From Hospital to Hospital: FAQ
- One in 600 Flights Involves Medical Emergency, Study Says
- Cost of Treating Strokes in U.S. Could Soar to $180B Annually by 2030: Report
- Certain COPD Meds Might Raise Heart Risks, Study Says
- Depression May Boost Stroke Risk in Middle-Aged Women, Too
- Most Americans Should Eat Less Salt: Report
- Hysterectomy May Not Raise Heart Risks After All: Study
- How to Quickly Spot Signs of Stroke: Experts
- Living Near Heavy Traffic May Harm Kidney Function
- Fish Oil Supplements Don't Protect Against Heart Trouble: Study
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Champions Fight Against Parkinson's Disease
- Men Who Are Obese While Young Can Pay a Price Later
- Many Stroke Patients Don't Call 911, Study Finds
- Living in 'Stroke Belt' as Teen May Raise Future Risk
- 'Gut Reaction' May Predict Cardiovascular Risk
- Even in Young Adults, Binge Drinking May Harm Circulation
- Air Pollution May Speed Hardening of Arteries
- Many Americans Breathing Cleaner Air: Report
- Hard Physical Labor May Boost Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke: Studies
- Could Turtle Gene Findings Aid Human Health?
- Why Some Stroke Survivors Struggle With Communication
- Chronic Pain Often Follows Stroke
- Brisk Walking Equals Running for Heart Health: Study
- Less Salt, More Potassium = Millions of Lives Saved
- Heart Risks May Also Point to Dementia Risk
- More Dietary Fiber Might Help Thwart Stroke: Study
- Modest Cardiac Benefit From Chelation Therapy Not Enough to OK Use: Experts
- Too Few Americans Pass Last Days in Hospice Care: CDC
- Steady Rise in Heart Valve Infections Noted in U.S.
- Excess Salt a Factor in 2.3 Million Deaths Annually Worldwide
- Stroke Before Age 50 Linked to Raised Risk of Early Death
- Sugary Drinks Tied to 25,000 U.S. Deaths a Year
- Experts Question Use of Ankle Blood Pressure to Gauge Heart Risks
- Clot Buster Safe for Stroke Patients on Blood Thinners: Study
- Can Green Tea, Coffee Reduce Stroke Risk?
- Major Bleeds After Heart Procedures May Raise Death Risk: Study
- Quitting Cigarettes Cuts Heart Risks, Even If You Gain Weight
- Angioplasty Safe in Hospitals Without On-Site Heart Surgery Services
- Niacin Won't Help, May Harm Heart Patients: Study
- Obese New Mothers May Have Higher Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Cholesterol Levels May Vary By Season
- Walking Program Helps Stroke Survivors Get On With Life
- Eye-Tracking Tool Might Quickly Spot Stroke
- Blocked Heart Arteries May Be Key Risk Factor for Stroke
- High-Antioxidant Diet May Not Prevent Stroke, Dementia, Study Finds
- FDA Panel to Consider Brain Stimulator for Epilepsy
- Stroke During Childhood May Raise Risk for Epilepsy, Study Says
- One in Every 12 Stroke Survivors Contemplates Suicide, Study Finds
- Surgical Delivery of Drug Shows Promise Against 'Bleeding' Stroke
- Southern Diet Might Explain the 'Stroke Belt'
- Tai Chi Might Help Stroke Survivors Avoid Falls
- Scans Show Details of Damage to Soldiers With Head Injuries
- Smoking Pot May Raise Stroke Risk in Young Adults
- 'Clot-Buster' Drug May Still Be Best Stroke Treatment
- Science Reveals How Owls Avoid Stroke While Rotating Heads
- New Stroke Guidelines Stress Treatment Within One Hour of Arrival in ER
- High Blood Pressure in Kids May Be Less Common Than Thought
- For Diabetes: BP, Cholesterol Key v. Heart Disease
- Extreme Cold Snap Brings Unexpected Health Risks
- PTSD Can Hamper Drug Treatment for Stroke Survivors: Study
- Pictures Speak Louder Than Words on Cigarette Labeling
- Depressed Stroke Survivors May Face Higher Early Death Risk
- Hillary Clinton Plans to Return to Work Next Week
- Experts Challenge Americans to Reduce Salt Intake
- FDA Approves New Blood Thinner Eliquis
- FDA: Don't Use Pradaxa Blood Thinner in Patients With Artificial Heart Valves
- Fish Oil Supplements Won't Prevent Irregular Heart Beat: Study
- The Best and Worst States for Your Heart
- High Blood Pressure Poses Bigger Stroke Risk for Blacks, Study Says
- Distress Tied to Higher Risk of Stroke
- Fainting in Healthy People May Be First Sign of Heart Trouble
- U.S. Lifestyles Thwarting Heart Health Progress: Report
- Stop-Smoking Drug Chantix May Carry Heart Risks, FDA Warns
- Study Supports Use of 'Brain Stents' for Certain Stroke Patients
- Sleep Apnea Tied to More Brain Damage in Women Than Men
- New Blood Thinner May Help Prevent Leg Clots, Study Finds
- Just Lowering Fat Intake Can Shed Pounds, Study Finds
- No Proof That 'Doping' With EPO Gives Athletes an Edge: Review
- Study: Treating Sleep Disorder May Thwart Heart Disease
- Consider Weight When Choosing Blood Pressure Meds: Study
- Smoking May Make Hangovers Worse
- Healthy Diet Helps Damaged Hearts
- Healthy Diet May Prevent Additional Heart Trouble
- Despite FDA Warning, Sports Supplements Still Available Online: Study
- Severe Gum Disease May Be Linked to Impotence
- Even Women Who Exercise Sit Too Much
- Healthy Neurotic? Being Conscientious May Help
- HeartWare Device Approved for Heart Transplant Hopefuls
- More Deaths, Illness Linked to Energy Drinks
- Migraines' Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Transcendental Meditation May Lower Heart Risk
- Gruesome Cigarette Pack Images Sway Smokers, Study Finds
- Hip Surgery Increases Stroke Risk in Older Patients: Study
- Common Antidepressants Tied to Higher Bleeding Risk in Warfarin Users: Study
- Statins Linked to Reduced Cancer Death
- High Blood Pressure Often Missed in Young Adults: Study
- Standard Dose of Blood Thinner May Not Be Best for All Patients
- Losing Weight May Improve Sleep Quality
- Cocaine Raises Heart Risks for Fit, Young Adults: Study
- Popular Diabetes Meds Put to the Test
- Miscarriages Tied to Elevated Risk for Heart Conditions
- Pregnancy Hormone Shows Promise as Heart Failure Drug
- List of 'Salty Six' Foods May Surprise You
- What to Do Now to Lower Heart Disease Risk Later
- Xarelto's Approval Expanded
- U.S. Adults Face Substantial Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Gene-Tweaked Tomatoes, Probiotics Aim to Lower Your Cholesterol
- Bypass Beats Stents for Diabetic Heart Patients: Study
- Many U.S. Hispanics Have Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Losing Weight May Lower Cardiac Risks
- Good Cholesterol Infusion May Help Unclog Arteries
- Multivitamins Do Not Prevent Heart Disease
- Lupus May Be Linked to Serious Pregnancy Complication
- ADHD Drugs Didn't Raise Heart Risks for Kids, Study Finds
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Controversial Alternative Heart Treatment Shows Hint of Benefit
- Physical Activity Boosts Brain Health
- Water Workouts a Great Alternative: Study
- Fast-Food Breakfast Sandwiches May Slow Down Blood Flow: Study
- Fish, But Not Fish Oil Supplements, May Shield Against Stroke
- Smoking Bans Reduce Hospitalizations: Study
- Smoking Can Cut 10 Years Off a Woman's Life
- Harvest Season Can Be Hazardous for Farmers
- Mothers' Weight-Loss Surgery Linked to Kids' Heart Health
- Foot Ulcers Tied to Increased Death Risk for People With Diabetes
- Smokers at Higher Risk of Another Stroke: Study
- Study IDs 4 Key Habits of Successful Aging
- Stroke Risk Rises in Seniors With COPD: Study
- Smoking, Diabetes Are Risk Factors for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Family to Exercise
- Some Antidepressants May Raise Stroke Risk
- Cholesterol Levels Down Among U.S. Adults
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Odds for Diabetes
- Fungal Meningitis Q&A
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Meningitis Toll Now 12 Dead, 137 Sick: CDC
- Strokes Striking Younger People
- Death Rates Drop for 5 Top Causes of Death
- Hormone Therapy May Benefit Some Women's Hearts
- New Clue to Predict Diseases in Women?
- Tomatoes May Lower Your Risk for Stroke
- Up to 13,000 Got Steroid Shots at Center of Meningitis Outbreak: CDC
- Steroid-Related Meningitis Cases Now Total 91, CDC Says
- 'Junk Food' May Significantly Hike Risk of Stroke, Researchers Say
- Exercise Improves Effects of Stroke: Study
- Study: Blood Tests for Inflammation Could Help Prevent Heart Attack, Stroke
- Hormone Therapy in Early Menopause May Benefit Some Women: Study
- Health Tip: What's Behind Epilepsy?
- Aspirin May Help Preserve Brain Function in Older Women With Heart Disease
- Statins Tied to Reduced Glaucoma Risk
- Rheumatoid Arthritis May Be Linked to More Blood Clots
- Moderate Drinking May Increase Risk of Heart Rhythm Disorder: Study
- New Anti-Clotting Drug Beats Warfarin, Study Says
- Seniors Who Fell Recently May Fare Worse After Surgery
- New Treatments May Help Restore Speech Lost to Aphasia
- For New Mom With Aphasia, 'Giving Up Was Not an Option'
- Can Parents' Divorce Boost Son's Risk for Stroke?
- Misdiagnosis Common for Rare Brain Disease: Study
- 'Half-Match' Marrow Transplants Help Some With Sickle Cell
- Obese Black Kids More Susceptible to Hypertension, Study Finds
- Childhood Trauma Linked to Later Stroke Risk
- Early Menopause May Double Heart Disease Risk, Study Says
- Study Assesses Blood Thinner Use After Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- By 2030, Obesity Rates Could Top 60% in 13 States
- Salt in Kids' Diets Linked to High Blood Pressure
- Men More Prone to Depression After Stroke: Study
- Some Minor Strokes Lead to Disability
- Hispanics May Face Higher Risk for Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Fish Oil Fizzles for Fighting Heart Attack, Stroke
- Heavy Drinkers at Greater Risk for Stroke
- More Patients With Irregular Heartbeat Recognize Stroke Risk: Survey
- Health Tip: Smokeless Tobacco Isn't Safe Either
- Does Studying for Law School Test Boost Your Brain?
- More Adults Report Getting Cholesterol Tested
- Non-Alcoholic Red Wine May Boost Heart Health
- Millions of Americans Have Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure: CDC
- Household Chemical PFOA Linked to Heart Disease
- Smoking After Stroke Triples Risk of Death Within Year: Study
- Heart Attacks, Strokes Jumped After Japan Earthquake, Study Finds
- In Diabetes, Any Protein in Urine May Signal Heart Risk
- Stress Linked to Stroke
- Adding Plavix to Aspirin Doesn't Help Guard Against Second Stroke: Study
- Brain Bleeds More Common in Smokers, Research Shows
- Stress, a 'Type A' Personality May Boost Stroke Risk
- Can Chocolate Lower Your Risk for Stroke?
- Missed Diagnoses in ICU Often Have Deadly Results: Review
- 2 Common Blood Pressure Meds Fare Equally in Preventing Heart Woes
- Daily Aspirin May Help Fight Prostate Cancer, But Not Breast Cancer
- Keys to Weight Loss After Menopause
- Sleep Boosts Memory for Parkinson's Patients, Study Suggests
- New Blood Thinner Effient No Better Than Plavix at Preventing Heart Trouble: Study
- Mechanical Blood Clot 'Retrievers' May Aid Stroke Patients
- Which Heart Risk Test Rated Best?
- Obesity in Middle Age Tied to More Rapid Mental Decline: Study
- Stroke Risk Higher After Bypass Than Angioplasty: Analysis
- Some Psoriasis Therapies May Cut Heart Attack Risk
- Blacks More Prone to Hypertension After Certain Strokes
- Egg Yolks Almost as Bad for Arteries as Smoking: Study
- Blood Type May Impact Heart Risk
- Electrical Brain Stimulation Curbs Epileptic Seizures in Rats
- Statin Diabetes Risk Limited to Those at High Risk
- Underinsured Heart Disease Patients Die Sooner, Study Finds
- Musicians' Brains Might Have an Edge on Aging
- More Americans Have at Least 2 Chronic Health Issues: CDC
- Women May Fare Worse Than Men After Stroke
- Study: PSA Testing Cuts Worst Prostate Cancers
- Heart Attack, Stroke More Common in Shift Workers
- Yoga Improves Balance After Stroke
- Fish Oil Doesn't Lower Heart Risk in Diabetics
- Physical Ailments Take Toll on Mental Health: Study
- Many Medicaid Patients Skip Drugs That Could Prevent Heart Trouble
- Vitamin D May Delay Deterioration of Smokers' Lungs: Study
- The Health Benefits, and Risks, of Alcohol
- Preventive Measures Pay Off for Those at Risk of Stroke
- High Blood Pressure May Protect Some Frail Elderly: Study
- Hospitals Often Not Alerted About Incoming Stroke Patients
- Stroke Patients Hospitalized on Weekends Don't Seem to Do As Well
- Sitting Too Much May Shave Years Off of Our Lives
- Hot Flashes Don't Signal Poor Heart Health for Most Women: Study
- Teens' Peer Problems May Affect Health Later
- Early Surgery May Benefit Some With Heart Infection
- Newer 'Second-Line' Diabetes Drug May Outperform Older Meds
- Clot-Busting Stroke Drug Safe for Many Who Take Warfarin
- 'Atkins'-Type Diets May Raise Risk of Heart Problems: Study
- All Calories Not Created Equal, Study Suggests
- Statins May Work Better in Men Than in Women
- FDA Delays Decision on Blood Thinner Eliquis
- FDA Rejects New Use for Blood Thinner Xarelto
- Some Diabetics May Not Benefit From Daily Aspirin
- Quick-Reversal Method May Be at Hand for New Blood Thinner
- Weight-Loss Surgery Cuts Heart Risk 7 Years Later: Study
- Low Vitamin B6 Linked to Inflammation
- Anxiety, Depression May Raise Stroke Risk
- High Blood Pressure a Rising Risk for Kids, Teens
- Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes Rising Among U.S. Kids and Teens
- Study: Heart Attack, Stroke Risk Low with Birth Control Pills
- Fish Oil Won't Save Diabetics' Hearts, Research Suggests
- Early Menopause May Raise Risk for Brain Aneurysm
- Too Little Sleep Tied to Stroke Risk
- Many Suffer Leg, Lung Clots While Hospitalized: CDC
- Prediabetes Linked to Higher Stroke Risk in Study
- Stem Cells Behind Clogged Arteries, Mouse Study Reveals
- More Proof That Healthy Habits Fight Disease
- Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Risks Seem to Outweigh Gains for Many: Study
- Can Too Much Exercise Be Harmful?
- Heart Rhythm Disorder May Raise Older Women's Stroke Risk
- Will Dark Chocolate a Day Keep the Doctor Away?
- Personalized Blood Pressure Therapy May Help Diabetics
- Panel: Hormone Therapy Not for Disease Prevention
- Strokes More Common in Southern States: CDC
- Japanese-American Men With Low Vitamin-D Diet Face Higher Stroke Risk
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Threaten Kids' Heart Health
- Aspirin May Prevent Recurrence of Deep Vein Blood Clots
- Clot Buster Seems to Help Up to 6 Hours After Stroke
- FDA Panel Votes Against New Use for Blood Thinner Xarelto
- Calcium Supplements May Raise Heart Attack Risk
- Sleep Apnea: Treatment May Help Keep BP Low
- Death Rate Dropping for People With Diabetes
- New Blood Thinner May Lower Chances of Clots in High-Risk Heart Patients: FDA
- FDA Approves Generic Versions of Plavix
- Raising HDL Levels May Not Lower Heart Attack Risk
- Coffee May Be Part of the Recipe for a Longer Life
- Plavix's New Generic Status Could Be Boon for Patients
- U.S. Task Force Issues Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Beijing's Olympic Smog Shows Pollution's Effect on Health
- Palpitations May Signal Future Heart Rhythm Problem
- Americans Living Longer but Obesity Rising
- Eye Changes May Predict Heart Disease in Blacks With Diabetes
- Secondhand Smoke May Harm Heart Function
- FDA Issues Multiple Sclerosis Drug Alert
- Black Africans Less Apt to Develop Heart Rhythm Disorder Than Whites
- Clot-Buster Doesn't Raise Bleeding Risk in Warfarin Patients: Study
- Rate of Hospitalizations for Stroke Has Declined in U.S.
- Angioplasty May Be Risky for Those With Poor Leg Circulation
- Statins May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat in Elderly
- Irregular Heartbeat Poses Greater Stroke Risk for Women Than Men
- Is Workout Supplement Ingredient DMAA Safe?
- High Blood Pressure Risk Factors That May Surprise You
- In Some Brain Bleeds, Patients Do Better at High-Volume Hospitals
- Today's Kids May Be Destined for Adult Heart Disease
- Scientists Spot How Cox-2 Painkillers Raise Heart Risks
- Aspirin as Effective as Warfarin for Heart Failure: Study
- Less Invasive Heart Valve Replacement Works for Elderly: Study
- Health Tip: Recognize Early Signs of Autism
- Two-Drug Therapy Helped Kids With Type 2 Diabetes
- Stopping Blood Thinners Raises Stroke Risk for Patients With Irregular Heartbeat
- Berries May Slow Memory Loss
- Thyroid Condition Linked to Heart Problems: Study
- Health Highlights: April 19, 2012
- Exercise May Help Patients With High Blood Pressure Live Longer
- 'Catastrophic' Head Injuries to High School Football Players Rising
- Low-Fat Dairy May Help Lower Stroke Risk
- More Smog Might Mean More Hospitalizations
- Optimism Might Cut Your Risk for Heart Attack
- Fast Foods Saltier in U.S. Than Overseas?
- Researchers Map Brain Regions Linked to Intelligence
- Obesity's Health Costs Double Earlier Estimates
- Mobile Stroke Units Might Trim Time to Treatment
- Spouses of Cancer Patients May Have Raised Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke
- Sibling Had a Stroke? Your Risk Might Rise, Too
- EKG Heart Test May Predict Risk in Older Adults
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk Factors for Atherosclerosis
- Omega-3 Supplements No Help Against Repeat Heart Trouble: Review
- Could Menthol Cigarettes Pose Even Higher Stroke Risk?
- Infection Might Raise Blood Clot Risk for Older Adults: Study
- Health Tip: More Reasons to Quit Smoking
- When Paramedics Suspect Stroke, They're Usually Right
- Depression After Stroke Too Often Goes Untreated
- Antipsychotic Drugs Might Raise Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Warfarin Helps Cut Stroke Risk, Researchers Report
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Who Quit Statins May Face Raised Death Risk
- Health Highlights: March 26, 2012
- Low-Dose Daily Aspirin Enough to Help Heart Attack Patients: Study
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- New Drug Bests Standard Treatment for Certain Strokes
- Daily Aspirin May Help Prevent and Treat Cancer
- Half of Stroke Victims Don't Call 911, Research Shows
- 5 Dietary Patterns Most Americans Fit Into
- U.S. Death Rates Drop 60% in 75 Years
- Health Highlights: March 9, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 8, 2012
- Light or Moderate Drinking Linked to Lower Stroke Risk in Women
- Brain Scans Overused on U.S. Stroke Patients, Study Says
- Stroke Risk Triples After a Decade With Diabetes
- Combining Heart Valve Repair With Bypass May Be Worthwhile
- Alzheimer's-Like Memory Loss Reversed in Mice
- Trans Fats May Raise Stroke Risk in Older Women
- Most Americans Don't Need Extra Selenium
- Health Tip: Are You at Greater Risk for Pneumonia?
- Stents Overused in Stable Heart Patients
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Help Brain Age Better
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Linked to Mental Problems
- Citrus Fruits May Lower Women's Stroke Risk
- Hospitals Ranked for Emergency Medicine Quality
- Hispanic Americans Born Outside Country Have Fewer Strokes
- Aspirin as Good as Plavix for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- More Doubt on Link Between a Blood Chemical and Heart Disease
- Health Tip: How to Lower Your Risk of Stroke
- Post-Stroke Speech Problems Inflate Cost of Treatment
- Faster Walkers Have Lower Odds of Memory Problems
- Millions of Women Are Unaware They Have Arterial Disease
- Quit-Smoking Drug May Also Curb Drinking
- Exercise a Defense Against Dementia: Study
- Smog May Harm Women's Brains: Study
- No Cancer Benefit From Vitamin B, Omega-3 Supplements in Heart Patients
- Mediterranean Diet May Protect Brain
- Overeating May Raise Risk for Memory Problems
- CDC: Doctors Increasingly Prescribe Exercise
- Quitting Smoking May Halve Risk of Oral Health Problems
- Health Tip: Before You Start an Exercise Program
- Bread and Other Common Foods Top List of Sodium Culprits
- New Scoring Method May Help Predict Stroke Outcome
- Many Stroke Victims Still Don't Get Treated Fast Enough: Study
- Aspirin, Warfarin Fare Equally for Heart Failure Patients
- Purple Potatoes Lower Blood Pressure in Overweight People
- Anemia May Boost Death Risk After Stroke
- New Anti-Clotting Drug May Cut Brain Bleeding Risk: Study
- Mouse Study Suggests Alzheimer's Spreads Through Brain Like an Infection
- Some Stroke Survivors Can't Recognize Fear, Anger in Others
- Married Men Seek Help for Stroke Sooner Than Their Wives
- Stroke Can Impact a Child's Language, Hand-Eye Coordination
- Being Fit Before Stroke May Aid Recovery
- 1 in 2 Stroke Survivors Has High Blood Pressure
- Adult Children of Stroke Sufferers May Show Signs of Brain Aging, Too
- Clot-Busting Drug May Work for Those Who Have Strokes While Asleep
- Many Hispanics Don't Call an Ambulance For Stroke: Study
- Worrying Too Much Might Raise Your Risk for Stroke
- Experimental Drug Might Beat Aspirin in Preventing Repeat Strokes: Study
- Efforts to Reduce Stroke in Kids With Sickle Cell Working: Study
- Sunny Skies Linked to Lower Stroke Risk
- In Dollars Alone, Cost of U.S. Child Abuse High
- Health Highlights: Jan. 31, 2012
- Infections Might Raise Stroke Risk in Children: Study
- Scientists Use Brain Waves to Eavesdrop on the Mind
- Stem Cell Therapy Shows Promise for Stroke, Studies Say
- Sleep Apnea May Be Tied to 'Silent' Strokes, Study Finds
- Study: Stents as Good as Surgery at Keeping Neck Arteries Open
- Statins Equally Effective in Women and Men
- Blood Pressure Differences Between Arms Could Signal Heart Risk
- Neurologists Should Screen Patients for Abuse: Experts
- Optimal Heart Health Starts Early: Study
- Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke May Be Underestimated
- Drinking Black Tea May Lower Blood Pressure
- U.S. Work-Related Injuries, Illnesses Take Toll on the Till
- Magnesium-Rich Foods May Lower Stroke Risk
- Health Highlights: Jan. 22, 2012
- Narrowed Artery Condition Often Goes Undiagnosed: Study
- AHA: Sex Safe for Most Heart Patients
- Do Grapes or Alcohol Make Red Wine Good for the Heart?
- High-Normal Blood Pressure Raises Heart Risks in Men
- Brain Adapts Quickly to a Broken Arm
- 'Exoskeleton' Helps Paralyzed Stand, Take Steps
- Aspirin Therapy for Heart Disease, Stroke Prevention Not for Everyone
- Even When Silent, Irregular Heartbeat Linked to Stroke Risk
- CDC: Americans Living Longer as Death Rate Drops
- Low-Dose Aspirin to Prevent First Heart Attack or Stroke? Not So Fast
- New Blood Thinner Linked To Higher Heart Attack Risk
- Statins May Raise Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Could Daily Aspirin Harm Seniors' Eyes?
- Weight Loss Surgery May Prevent Heart-Related Deaths
- 'Silent Strokes' Linked to Memory Loss in Elderly: Study
- Health Tip: Improving Your Cholesterol
- Health Highlights: Dec. 20, 2011
- Are the Benefits of Vitamin D Overhyped?
- Midlife Blood Pressure Predicts Future Heart Risk
- Study Looks at Stroke Risks in Teen Football Players
- Robotic Therapy May Help Some Stroke Survivors Walk
- U.S. Heart Health: Lots of Room for Improvement
- Magnet Therapy May Help Some Stroke Survivors Recover
- Chewing Khat Linked to Stroke, Death
- ADHD Drugs Not Linked to Increased Heart Risk in Adults
- Obese Patients May Benefit the Most From Surgery for Irregular Heartbeat
- Low-Dose Aspirin After Lung Clot Could Prevent Recurrence
- Adult Sickle Cell Drug May Benefit Kids, Too
- Treating Prehypertension With Medication May Lower Stroke Risk
- Some Fish Oil Supplements Fishy on Quality
- FDA Panels to Weigh Safety of Newer Forms of the 'Pill'
- America's Health Report Card: Needs Improvement
- Eating Fatty Fish Benefits Younger Women, Study Shows
- Want to Live Longer? Fit Outweighs Fat
- Diet Loaded With Veggies, Fruits, Whole Grains May Cut Stroke Risk
- Childbirth May Cut Women's Heart Disease Risk
- All Beans Aren't the Same in Gassy Side Effects
- Merck to Pay $950M to Settle Probe of Vioxx Marketing
- Nerve Damage May Play a Role in ED
- Obese Kids Who Lose Weight May Cut Heart Risk, Too
- Getting Your Teeth Cleaned May Help Your Heart
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks May Pose Heart Risks to Women, Study Suggests
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Stroke Risk Profile May Also Predict Odds of Memory Problems
- Light Drinking Over Time May Raise Breast Cancer Risk
- ADHD Drugs Likely Do Not Boost Heart Risk
- U.S. Sets New Goals for a Healthier Nation
- Blood Pressure Drugs at Bedtime May Cut Heart Risk
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Tied to Higher Risk of Post-Op Blood Clots
- CDC: Most Americans Eat Too Much Salt
- Foundation Aims to Raise Awareness of Brain Diseases
- Study Suggests Origins of Pregnancy-Linked High Blood Pressure
- Restless Legs Syndrome May Raise BP
- Crossing Legs May Be Sign of Stroke Recovery
- Chocolate May Cut Women's Stroke Risk
- Is Female Hormone Disorder Tied to Familial Heart Risk?
- FDA Approves First Combo Drug for Diabetes, Cholesterol
- Raising 'Good' Cholesterol May Cut Heart Risk in Diabetes Patients
- Too Many Heart Patients Getting Migraine Drugs
- Abnormal Protein May Explain Loss of Smell With Alzheimer's
- Blood Test May Help Spot Stroke
- Soliris Approval Expanded to Include Rare Blood Disorder
- Hot Flashes Linked to Higher Cholesterol
- Depression Tied to Higher Risk for Stroke
- An Apple a Day Really May Keep the Doctor Away
- Apples, Pears May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Lifestyle Changes May Improve Erectile Dysfunction
- Testosterone May Drop When Men Become Dads
- FDA Panel Unclear on Osteoporosis Drug Labels
- FDA Advisory Panel Backs Xarelto to Prevent Strokes
- Are Signs of Old Age Really Something More Serious?
- Strokes Rising Among Teens, Young Adults: CDC
- Anti-clotting Drug Warfarin May Be Safe for Elderly
- Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk
- Shorter Plavix Treatment May Be Equally Effective
- New Drug Boosts 'Good' Cholesterol
- Report: 164 Million Obese Adults by 2030
- Vitamins May Lower Risk of Birth Complication
- Ultrasound of Neck Predicts Who Will Have a Stroke
- Inflammation From Rheumatoid Arthritis Tied to Heart Disease
- Tool Helps Decide When to Get Weight Loss Surgery
- Depression Raises Women's Stroke Risk
- Gene Discovery Could Lead to New Stroke Treatments
- Heart Testing Overused, Report Finds
- Family History's Role in Heart Attack and Stroke
- Strokes During Pregnancy, Childbirth on the Rise
- Brain Injuries Increase Risk of Stroke
- Many Older Americans Have Mild Cognitive Impairment
- FDA Warning on Atrial Fibrillation Drug Multaq
- Being Optimistic May Reduce Risk of Stroke
- State Obesity Rates Are on the Rise
- Maintaining Good Health May Reduce Dementia Risk
- High-Sodium, Low-Potassium Diet Linked to Heart Risk
- Heart Benefits From Cutting Back on Salt?
- Painkillers Linked to Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Study: Chantix May Be Linked to Heart Risk
- Breast Cancer Plus Other Health Issues Linked to Worse Outcomes
- Drinking Water May Cut Risk of High Blood Sugar
- New Insulin May Treat Dangerously Low Blood Sugar
- Weight Loss Surgery Fights Diabetes in Multiple Ways
- FDA: New Warning for Procrit, Epogen, Aranesp
- Diabetes on Upswing Worldwide
- FDA: Chantix Linked to Heart Attack in People With Heart Disease
- More Olive Oil in Diet Could Cut Stroke Risk: Study
- Lung Protein May Predict Heart Risk
- Moderate Exercise May Cut Risk of 'Silent' Stroke
- More Stroke Patients Get Clot-Busting Drug But Barriers Remain
- Trial Stopped After Niacin Brings No Benefit to Heart Patients
- Experts Say Stroke Care Differs for U.S. Minorities
- Atrial Fibrillation Raises Death Risk for Middle-Aged Women
- Study: Psoriasis in Kids Linked to Obesity, Heart Risks
- Decade's Top 10 Public Health Achievements
- Four in 10 Over Age 85 Have Cognitive Impairment
- Many Strokes Occur in Sleep, Preventing Treatment
- 8 Stroke Triggers for Those With Untreated Aneurysm
- Study Shows Salty Diet Good, Heart Group Disagrees
- Coumadin Recalled Over Potency Concern
- Avastin as Good as Lucentis for AMD Treatment
- Less-Than-Optimal Sleep May 'Age' the Brain
- Heart Attacks in the Morning Are More Severe
- Death Rate Declines for Americans With Hypertension
- Low Health Literacy May Have Deadly Consequences
- Wine, Salt, and Your Heart: Confusion Abounds
- Study: Ovary Removal Doesn't Raise Heart Risk
- New Guidelines: Treat High Blood Pressure in Over-80s
- Calcium Supplements May Increase Heart Risk
- Lower Stroke Death Risk in Close-Knit Neighborhoods
- Virtual Reality Tools May Aid Stroke Recovery
- People With Signs of Parkinson's Wait to See Doctor
- Estrogen-Only HRT Not So Risky in 50s
- Moms May Pass Hypertension Risk to Kids
- Procedure May Lower Hard-to-Treat Hypertension
- 'Mini-Strokes' May Increase Risk of Heart Attack
- For Multiple Heart Blockages, Bypass Surgery or Stents?
- Apple-Shaped Obesity, Other Forms Equally Risky, Study Finds
- Coffee May Lower Stroke Risk
- Diabetes Risks Go Beyond Heart Attacks, Strokes
- U.S. Breast Cancer Rates No Longer Declining
- Americans Worry About Getting Alzheimer's
- Do You Know When NOT to Call 911?
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Robots May Help Patients Recover From Stroke
- New Drug Helps Patients With Atrial Fibrillation
- Stroke Takes a Toll on Hollywood Stars
- Clot-Busting Drug May Prevent Disability From Mild Stroke
- Salty Diet Linked to Stroke Risk
- Rare Form of Stroke Affects Young People
- Stroke History of Moms Predicts Risk for Daughters
- Study: African-Americans Live Longer After Stroke
- New Debate on C-Reactive Protein Test and Statins
- CDC: 26 Million Americans Have Diabetes
- Fewer Strokes After Heart Bypass Surgery
- Heart Benefits for Women Who Cut Hypertension
- Strawberries, Blueberries May Ward Off High Blood Pressure
- Alcohol May Raise Risk of Irregular Heart Rhythm
- NSAID Pain Relievers Raise Heart Risks
- More Fried Fish Eaten in 'Stroke Belt'
- Study Gives 'Striking' Snapshot of Stroke Prognosis
- Good Cholesterol May Lower Risk of Alzheimer's Disease
- Mercury in Tuna Still a Concern, Consumer Reports Says
- Aspirin Cuts Death Rate From Several Common Cancers
- Healthy Lifestyle May Help Prevent Stroke
- Pill Cuts Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Vitamin E Supplements Affect Stroke Risk
- Electrical Brain Stimulation May Raise Math Skills
- Child's Waist Size Indicates Future Health Risks
- Smoking Raises Surgery Risks
- Seizure and Pain Drug May Treat Hot Flashes
- CDC: Binge Drinking 'Huge U.S. Health Problem'
- FDA Panel Is Split on Ban of Diet Drug Meridia
- Heart Disease Risk Varies by Education Level
- Weight Loss Pill Meridia Raises Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Migraines With Aura May Raise Stroke Risk
- Wine May Cut Decline in Thinking Skills
- Want to Build Muscle? Light Weights Will Do
- Risky Combo: Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Forms
- Resveratrol May Slow Aging in Humans
- Study: Calcium May Increase Heart Attack Risk
- Cholesterol Study: Low HDL May Not Be So Bad
- Stroke Risk Higher in Hour After 'Happy Hour'
- Personalized Strategy Is Best for Heart Health
- Blood Pressure and Diabetes: How Low Should You Go?
- Might You Live to 100? Gene Test Tells
- Study: High-Fructose Diets May Raise Blood Pressure
- 90% in U.S. Get Too Much Salt; 5 Foods Blamed
- Tea, Coffee Drinkers Have Lower Heart Risk
- Your Job's Start Time Affects Fatigue Level
- Many Stroke Patients Don't Get Quick Treatment
- New Aspirin Guidelines for Diabetes Patients
- Stroke Patients Discharged Without Statins
- Cut Back on Sodas to Lower Blood Pressure
- ED a Red Flag for Heart Attack, Strokes
- Friends of Stroke Victims Reluctant to Call 911
- Air Pollution Increases Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Drug Reverses Diabetes-Related Vision Loss
- Fate of New Migraine Drug Is Uncertain
- Experts Urge FDA to Mandate Salt Reduction
- Can You Recognize Symptoms of Minor Stroke?
- Limb Movement Regained Years After Stroke
- Sleep Apnea Increases Stroke Risk
- Brisk Walking Reduces Stroke Risk
- Should Healthy People Take Statins?
- Overactive Thyroid May Raise Early Stroke Risk
- Nibble on Chocolate for a Healthier Heart
- ED, Heart Disease May Be Deadly Duo
- New Plavix Warning: Lack of Effect in Many People
- Occasional High Blood Pressure Risky, Too?
- Cardiac Catheterizations: Too Many Performed?
- Coffee May Cut Risk of Heart Rhythm Problems
- U.S. Has Racial Gap in Stroke Rate
- Heart Warning Signs in Obese 3-Year-Olds
- Stents as Good as Surgery at Preventing Stroke
- Belly Fat Is Culprit in Stroke Gender Gap
- Wii Games Speed Stroke Rehab
- Strokes Are Increasing Among Young
- Single Men Have Higher Risk of Stroke
- Experts: U.S. Is Neglecting Hypertension
- Life Expectancy Up, but So Is Poor Health
- Study: Happiness Good for the Heart
- Preventing Recurrent Strokes Needs Improvement
- Chocolate Chips Away at Stroke Risk
- Migraines Linked to Heart Attack Risk
- Mediterranean Diet May Prevent Stroke-Related Brain Damage
- Coffee and Your Health
- Cholesterol Facts
- 10 Ways to Help Boost Your Good Cholesterol
- Diabetes Risk Factors
- The Truth About Urine
- Pitavastatin (Livalo) Statin Drug Information
- Links Between Oral and General Health
- Heart Health and Your Family History
- Aspirin Therapy
- Two Newlyweds Fight Fragile-X Associated Tremor/Ataxia Syndrome (FXTAS)
- Calcium Supplements: What To Look For
- Depression Caused by Chronic Illnesses
- Obesity: Health Risks Associated with Obesity
- Blood Pressures Keep on Rising
- Palm Test For Skin Cholesterol
- Chinese Diet Pills Dangerous
- 5 Tips on Reducing Salt Intake
- National Cholesterol Education Month - September
- Public Health - Top Ten Achievements Of The Century!
- Smoking in Men
- Health Benefits Of Physical Activity
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Top 10 Health Threats to Men
- Bladder Incontinence
- To Drive Or Not To Drive
- Carotid Artery - What Is It?
- Stroke Risk Factors