Take some advice from those who have left their stress behind. Read more: Stress Management Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Stress Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
Stress creeps into everyone's life at one time or another, while some people will suffer from poorly managed chronic stress. If...
Grief, Bereavement, and Mourning Quiz: Test Your Understanding
Grieving? Whatever your method of dealing with grief, it’s perfectly normal. Take the Grief, Bereavement, and Mourning Quiz to...
Picture of Blood Pressure
The blood pressure is the pressure of the blood within the arteries. See a picture of Blood Pressure and learn more about the...
Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
What is fibromyalgia? Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain and stiffness of the tendons, muscles, and joints....
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Healthy Indulgences for Under $15 With Pictures
Isn't it time you took care of yourself? Good food, relaxation, laughter -- we offer 15 great ideas for affordable, healthy...
ADHD/ADD in Adults: Symptoms & Treatments in Pictures
Most people don't associate adults with the term ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) but it is a common disorder in...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
Benefits of Exercise: Fitness Facts Prove the Benefits of Working Out
These fitness facts explain why to get in shape. Check out these health facts on the benefits of exercise....
Anxiety Disorder Pictures: Symptoms, Panic Attacks, and More with Pictures
Learn about generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). See if your worries are normal or something more by learning about symptoms,...
Fibromyalgia Treatments and Tips to Ease Pain and Other Symptoms
What is fibromyalgia? Learn about fibromyalgia symptoms such as trigger points (also called tender points), learn what causes...
Healthy Aging: Sneaky Depression Triggers in Pictures
There are many causes and triggers of depression. From too little vitamin B12 to too much time alone, look at these surprising...
Pictures of Famous People Coping With Migraines
See how celebrities cope with the pain caused by migraines. Learn their methods used to prevent and relieve migraine pain....
Stress Pictures Slideshow: 10 Ways to Stop Stress
Feeling stressed? Watch this pictures slideshow for 10 ways to stop stress now. Focusing on breathing, journaling, and even...
Related Disease Conditions
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) Symptoms, ECG, and Treatment Medications
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the lymphatic system with symptoms that include unexplained, recurring fevers, unexplained...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of physical and emotional disturbances that occur after a woman ovulates and ends...
Psoriasis is a long-term skin condition that may cause large plaques of red, raised skin, flakes of dry skin, and skin scales....
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Fatty Liver (NASH)
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or NASH occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach Pain) Symptoms, Relief Remedies, Medicine
Indigestion (dyspepsia) can be caused by diseases or conditions that involve the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and also by some...
Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Separation anxiety disorder is a common childhood anxiety disorder that has many causes. Infants, children, older kids and adults...
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
About 2%-6% of adults have ADHD, a common behavioral problem. Symptoms include impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattention....
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Cluster headaches are a type of headache that recurs over a period. Episodes can last one to three times a day during this time,...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Alternative Treatment for MS (CAM for MS)
The term alternative therapy, in general, is used to describe any medical treatment or intervention that has not been...
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which a person's pancreas does not produce enough insulin to meet the needs of the body....
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Hot Flashes (Causes, Symptoms & Medication Treatment in Men and Women)
Hot flashes (or flushing) is the most common symptom experienced by a woman prior to and during the early stages of menopause,...
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is considered a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). PMDD has also been referred...
Graves' Disease (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment Options)
Graves' disease is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Some of the symptoms of Graves' disease include hand tremors,...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
Low Cholesterol Diet
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
IBS-D (Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea)
IBS-D or irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea refers to IBS with diarrhea. Symptoms of IBS-D include intestinal gas...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes (Similarities and Differences)
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic condition in which a person's blood sugar (glucose) levels are too high. Over 29.1 million...
Atrial Fibrillation vs. Ventricular Fibrillation (AFib vs VFib Symptoms, ECG Strips)
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and Similarities
Headaches are the most common reason why a person goes to the doctor or other healthcare professional for treatment. There are...
Crohn's Disease vs. Ulcerative Colitis (UC)
Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are diseases that cause inflammation of part of or the entire digestive tract (GI)....
IBS vs. IBD: Differences and Similarities
IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) are both problems with the digestive tract...
Migraines and Seizures (Symptoms, Auras, Medication)
Migraines are a type of headache and seizures are the main symptom of epilepsy. Migraine headaches and seizures are two...
Inner Ear Infection (Symptoms, Signs, Treatments, Home Remedies)
An inner ear infection or otitis interna is caused by viruses or bacteria and can occur in both adults and children. An inner...
Normal Blood Sugar Levels (Ranges) In Adults with Diabetes
People with diabetes can manage and prevent low or high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia) by keeping a log of...
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Grief Bereavement Mourning FAQs
- Stress FAQs
- Fibromyalgia Treatments Without Drugs
- Home and Family
- Ten Health Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
- 6 Tips to Stress-Proof Your Family Vacation
- 7 Tips to Make Holiday Travel Less Stressful
- Adrenal Fatigue, Adrenal Exhaustion: Is It "Real?"
- Stress and Eating
- Yoga: Ancient Cure for Modern Stress
- Stress & Body Shape: Stress Affects on Body Weight
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- AHA News: Need a Break? A Vacation Really Can Be Good for You If It's Done Right
- Walking During Work Meetings Bring Benefits
- As Finals Draw Near, College Kids' Diets Worsen
- Mental Prep for Better Performance
- America's Stress Levels Soar: Survey
- How to Make Your Workplace a Healthier One
- Caregiving May Not Be as Taxing to Your Health as Feared
- Get Back to Nature to Put Stress at Bay
- Science Says: Smiling Does Bring a Mood Boost
- Does Cancer Battle Bring Personal Growth? Yes and No, Survivors Say
- Americans' Pets Help Ease the Aging Process, Poll Finds
- Long Work Weeks May Be Depressing, Especially for Women
- Nurses' Long Hours, Moonlighting Could Pose Patient Safety Risk
- Fewer U.S. Doctor Are Facing Burnout
- Does PTSD Really Harm Veterans' Hearts?
- What Makes Seniors Feel in Control?
- How Color Can Help You De-Stress
- Health Tip: Take Breaks to Recharge
- Health Tip: Managing Fatigue Associated With MS
- Helping Kids Develop Good Study Habits
- Moms, Are You Victims of 'Invisible Labor'?
- Are Workers Who Sing Together Happier Employees?
- Mindfulness Can Help Tame Everyday Stress
- Dial Down the Stress
- Stress Keeps 1 in 3 Americans Up at Night
- Heart Failure Takes Heavy Toll, Even for Those With Stronger Hearts
- Beware of Stressful Events in the Evening
- Don't Let Holiday Season Stress Worsen Your Allergies, Asthma
- Practice Patience for a Happier, Healthier You
- Holidays Hike Heart Attack Risk
- Working More, But Getting Less Done?
- Healthy Ways to Deal With Conflict
- The Jobs That Carry the Highest Suicide Risk
- Selecting the Right Style of Yoga for You
- Colleges Strain to Keep Up With Students' Mental Health Concerns
- 'Stress Hormone' Tied to Worse Memory in Middle Age
- Health Tip: Exercise to Counteract Stress and Anxiety
- 1 in 4 College Students Really Stressed Out by 2016 Election: Survey
- Take 10 for Mindfulness
- Mental Health Problems Increase With Global Warming: Study
- Science Says 'Hug It Out'
- Health Tip: Spend Time Outside to Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- 'Hangry' May Be More Than Just a State of Mind
- The Cat's Meow: The Emotional Boost of Cute Videos
- Take a Vacation, Your Heart Will Thank You
- More Evidence Ties Stress to Heart Trouble
- Stressed at Work? Open Office Plan Might Help
- Health Tip: Help Manage Stress
- Exercise Really Can Chase Away the Blues … to a Point
- Hiccups for a Month? It Can Happen
- LGBQ Youth More Prone to Obesity
- Stress Won't Undermine Fertility Treatment Success: Study
- Green Spaces a Mental Balm for City Dwellers
- The Latest on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Health Tip: Map Your Way to Better Health
- On-the-Job Stress Relief
- When Parents Do Time, Kids Pay the Price
- Doctor Burnout Widespread, Helps Drive Many Medical Errors
- Health Tip: Stay Calm You When You Feel Frazzled
- Health Tip: Manage Family Arguments
- Severe Stress May Send Immune System Into Overdrive
- First Ketamine Guidelines for Pain Released
- Religion May Be Potent Medicine
- Ariana Grande Reveals PTSD a Year After Concert Bomb Attack
- Health Tip: How Working Parents Can Avoid Burnout
- A Lonely Heart Poses a Big Health Risk
- Are You a Procrastinator? Then Read This. Now!
- Fewer Money Worries Can Pay Off in Better Health
- Why You Should Unwind After a Tough Day at Work
- Mid-Life Stresses May Be Tied to Late-Life Dementia Risk
- Exercise Your Blues Away
- Stop Burnout in Its Tracks
- Meditation Can Soothe the Anxious Soul in Just One Session
- Meditation: Different Approaches, Different Benefits
- 'Let It Go' May Be Good Advice for Health
- When 'Nest Egg' Vanishes, Death Risk Rises
- All That Overtime Could Be Killing You
- Many Grad Students Struggle With Anxiety, Depression
- Health Tip: Ways to Reduce Stress
- Nightmares Common Among U.S. Troops, But Seldom Reported
- Health Tip: Manage Political Stress
- Wounded Combat Vets Face Increased Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Jobs That Keep the Mind Sharp … Even Into Retirement
- Young Cancer Survivors Finding Support From Social Networks
- Putting the Brakes on 'Emotional Eating'
- Good Deeds Soothe Stress
- Health Tip: Feeling Tense?
- Over-Planning Can Take the Fun Out of Leisure Time
- High Rate of Antidepressant Use After Cancer
- Anger, Heavy Exertion: Fast Track to a Heart Attack?
- Health Tip: Work Through Chronic Pain
- 4 in 10 Americans Think Work Affects Their Health: Poll
- Health Tip: Manage Emotional Stress
- Pair Gamblers Anonymous With Other Treatments for Best Results
- The Health Risks Posed by Mindless Munching
- PTSD May Stiffen Veterans' Arteries, Boosting Heart Risks
- Stress Management Training May Help Cardiac Rehab Patients
- Stress-Prone Teen Males May Be at Risk of High Blood Pressure Later
- Doctor Burnout Rates on the Rise
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Kids Can Get Migraines Too
- Genes May Make Some More Prone to Heart Disease When Under Stress
- Health Tip: Exercise for Stress Relief
- Teens' Stress Levels Rival Those of Adults, Survey Finds
- Health Tip: Stop Stress
- Ski Your Way to Happiness?
- Healthy Lifestyle May Reverse Cellular Aging, Study Suggests
- Anxiety, Depression May Triple Risk of Death for Heart Patients: Study
- Young Adults Are America's Most Stressed Generation: Survey
- On-the-Job Stress Won't Raise Your Risk for Cancer, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Curb Late-Night Snacking
- Drug May Help Women Who Quit Smoking Avoid Weight Gain
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- Doctors Should Screen Adults for Alcohol Misuse, U.S. Panel Says
- Health Tip: Keep Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Check
- Health Tip: Maintain Your Ideal Weight
- Stress Management May Prevent MS Brain Lesions
- 'Email Vacations' Boost Job Productivity, Lower Stress: Study
- Mental Stress May Be Harder on Women's Hearts
- Wife's Breast Cancer Can Hurt Husband's Health Too: Study
- Exercise Benefits Breast Cancer Patients
- Health Tip: Why You Need Aerobic Exercise
- Poor Sleep May Impact Stress Response in Older Adults
- Laughing in the Face of Dental Fear May Ease Worries
- Health Tip: Take a Deep Breath
- Too Much Overtime May Raise Depression Risk
- Bosses Have Big Impact on Workplace Well-Being
- Gossiping Might Be Good for You
- Health Tip: Better Manage Stress
- Dentist Gives Advice to Keep Holiday Smiles Bright
- Very Restricted Diet May Reduce Symptoms of IBS
- Health Tip: Managing an Anxiety Disorder
- Depression After Miscarriage Can Linger
- New Debate on Link Between Stress, Infertility
- Family Stress Linked to Angina Pain
- Hormone in Hair May Reveal Heart Risk
- Stress May Raise Risk of Premenstrual Syndrome
- Cancer Caregivers Share Patient Stresses
- Your Job's Start Time Affects Fatigue Level
- Exercise May Buffer Effects of Stress
- Infections, Fractures Linked to Acid Reflux Drugs
- Workplace Stress Raises Heart Risk for Women
- Dementia Risk Higher if Your Spouse Has Dementia
- Birth Control Pills Put Brakes on Women's Sex Drive
- Is Drinking Wine a Key to Antiaging?
- New Debate on Breast Removal to Prevent Cancer
- Good and Bad Health Habits in U.S.
- Single Men Have Higher Risk of Stroke
- In One Year, Out the Other
- 5 Diet Resolutions for the New Year
- Flu Prevention: Use Your Immune System!
- A Prescription for Holiday Blues
- Pet Prescription? Reduce Stress, Improve Health
- De-Stress at the Dinner Table
- Stress Relief: Relax in a Hurry
- Stress: Can Stress Cause Weight Gain?
- Stress: Is Your Life Running You Ragged?
- Massage: 200 Variations, What's Best for You?
- Stress Relief: Beating Holiday Stress
- Stress Relief: The Miracle of Massage