Patient Comments: Stress - Management

What stress management techniques have worked for you? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Ex-Monk, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 16

I follow the following stress management technique: look at the person who is provoking calmly; he is immature and needs help. Show what kindness you can, explain your reasons and live and let live, or let it be and walk away slowly.

Comment from: ASMR, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I have found that ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) is a great stress reliever.

Comment from: DK, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

Started getting stressed looking after other people. Being a Christian & going to their meetings & praying helps keep me strong. Having time out to make jewelery & sell it with other stressed people is positive. I believe that looking after ourselves is important.

Comment from: Dee, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 07

Going to spiritual healing has been good for de-stressing when I find myself stressed over my son who is schizophrenic.

Comment from: Cynthia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I was suffering from a tremendous amount of stress from my personal and professional environments. I learned to meditate after getting rid of the busy brain chatter. Meditation works miracles! Yoga is the icing on the cake.

Comment from: retired military, 55-64 Male Published: January 11

When the stress level is near almost unbearable levels, find a quiet spot, mentally reflect on a place where we love. Relax, hands open, slow down breathing, and realize that this particular situation might not be worth all this stress in a few hours or days. I found out that any situation that makes us angry is best dealt with after we sleep on it.

Eat Your Way to Less Stress