Patient Comments: Stress - Effect on Health

Do you have a physical or psychological condition that is made worse by stress? Please share your story. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: elf, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

My daughter was born with congenital heart disease (CHD), Fallot's. She had her first major bypass at 7. It would seem that this did it for me, and this was when my first panic attack started. I was put on anti-depressants to stop them, and it did stop them. I am still getting the tightening of the throat muscle wen anxious, tightening and spasms in my back and muscle under my chest, it is awful. It's as if doctors can't find something to relax me.

Comment from: Jeanne, 75 or over (Caregiver) Published: December 01

The demands of being a caregiver along with usual daily activities have caused additional stress. I will work more on exercising, yoga, and continue listening to light classical music while reading before bedtime. Also I do have a stress CD which is beneficial.

Eat Your Way to Less Stress