Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However, over-stress, can be harmful. There is now speculation, as well as some evidence, that points to the abnormal stress responses as being involved in causing various diseases or conditions. Read more: Stress Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Stress Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
Stress creeps into everyone's life at one time or another, while some people will suffer from poorly managed chronic stress. If...
PTSD Quiz: Test your IQ of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Can you have PTSD even if you've never been to war? Take the Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Quiz to learn about PTSD, who gets it,...
Skin Quiz: Acne, Dry Skin, Dandruff & More
What's that all over you? Skin, of course! Test your knowledge of your most amazing organ with the Skin Quiz!...
Picture of Fibromyalgia
A syndrome characterized by chronic pain, stiffness, and tenderness of muscles, tendons, and joints without detectable...
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Stress-Free Holiday Travel Tips
Learn holiday travel tips for a stress-free adventure. The holidays can be a very stressful time and it is important to prepare...
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
How to Prevent the Common Cold
The common cold is arguably the most common human illness. Learn how long the common cold lasts, treatment for the common cold...
Healthy Indulgences for Under $15 With Pictures
Isn't it time you took care of yourself? Good food, relaxation, laughter -- we offer 15 great ideas for affordable, healthy...
Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
What is depression? Get information on symptoms, signs, tests, and treatments for many types of depression including major...
ADHD/ADD in Adults: Symptoms & Treatments in Pictures
Most people don't associate adults with the term ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) but it is a common disorder in...
12 Surprising Headache Triggers Tips
Painful headaches can ruin your productivity and quality of life. But what triggers headaches and migraines? Learn some...
Depression Tips: Exercise, Diet, Stress Reduction, and More in Pictures
The right exercise, diet, and activities -- even playing with a pet --can help you recover from depression. Learn simple...
What's Your Biggest Fear? Phobias
Learn about phobias such as agoraphobia, claustrophobia, arachnophobia, zoophobia, and more. Discover some of the symptoms and...
Sex-Drive Killers: The Causes of Low Libido
Noticing a lack of intimacy with your partner? Here we explore how stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, depression and low T can...
Addicted to Pills: The Health Risks of Drug Abuse
What is drug abuse? Learn about prescription drug abuse and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, including depressants, pain relievers,...
Top 7 Ways Water Benefits the Body
Drinking water benefits digestion, metabolism, toxin elimination, and other functions. Water promotes weight loss and helps...
Skin Health: 15 Tips for Clear Skin
Acne, pimples, zits and blemishes often appear on the face, back, chest, neck, and shoulders where skin has the most amount of...
Cold Sores Causes, Remedies, & Diagnosis
How to get rid of cold sores? First learn about the herpes virus and how it causes cold sores. When are cold sores contagious?...
Hair Loss: Causes, Treatments, and Prevention
Learn about hair loss in women and men. Discover hair loss causes and treatments as well as how to prevent hair loss....
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
Migraine or Headache? Migraine Symptoms, Triggers, Treatment
What does a migraine feel like? Discover the difference between headaches and migraines. Learn to spot migraine symptoms early,...
ADHD: Top Concentration-Killers in Pictures
Learn the truth about multitasking, email overload, nagging thoughts, hunger, and other brain drains of modern life. See what's...
Depression Myths: Overwork, Recklessness and More in Pictures
Explore the myths and facts about depression. See how folk remedies and half-truths still prevent many from getting treatment for...
Better Sex After 50
It's never too late to improve your sex life. Learn how to overcome common health conditions affecting those over 50 such as...
Long Life in Pictures: Tips on Sleep, Diet, and More
Did you know making friends can help you live longer? Our experts explore ways to increase your longevity such as making friends,...
Top Reasons Children Can't Sleep in Pictures
From snoring and nightmares to sleep apnea and even you, see the bad habits that are keeping your child up all night....
Healthy Aging: Sneaky Depression Triggers in Pictures
There are many causes and triggers of depression. From too little vitamin B12 to too much time alone, look at these surprising...
What Causes You to Sweat? Hidrosis and Hyperhidrosis
What makes you sweat (hidrosis)? Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) has many potential causes, including spicy food, smoking,...
Top 15 Immune System Boosters
Immune system boosters include foods, supplements, and lifestyle habits to help you fight off infections. A healthy immune system...
Stress Pictures Slideshow: 10 Ways to Stop Stress
Feeling stressed? Watch this pictures slideshow for 10 ways to stop stress now. Focusing on breathing, journaling, and even...
9 Signs of Perimenopause
Perimenopause occurs before menopause as estrogen levels begin to change. This can cause menopause like symptoms such as hot...
What Does It Mean When Your Whole Body Aches?
Body aches and pains can be disruptive and frustrating. Learn many chronic pain causes, including lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia,...
Related Disease Conditions
Stress and Disease
Second Source article from Government...
Acne is a localized skin inflammation as a result of overactivity of oil glands at the base of hair follicles. This...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
Consuming alcohol during pregnancy may cause fetal alcohol syndrome, a group of conditions associated with mental, growth, and...
Canker Sores (Causes, Home Remedies, Treatment, and Prevention)
Canker sores are a common complaint, and are small ulcers on the inside of the mouth. Canker sores aren't contagious (as opposed...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
Colic in Babies
Colic is crying or fussing that begins suddenly, lasting for a total of three hours a day and happening more than three days a...
Cushing's syndrome, sometimes referred to as hypercortisolism, is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure to high levels...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Dystonia disorders cause involuntary movements and prolonged muscle contraction, resulting in twisting body motions, tremor, and...
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the lymphatic system with symptoms that include unexplained, recurring fevers, unexplained...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a GI (gastrointestinal) disorder with signs and symptoms that include abdominal pain, bloating,...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Panic attacks are sudden feelings of terror that strike without warning. These episodes can occur at any time, even during sleep....
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of physical and emotional disturbances that occur after a woman ovulates and ends...
Psoriasis is a long-term skin condition that may cause large plaques of red, raised skin, flakes of dry skin, and skin scales....
Pycnodysostosis (pyknodysostosis) is an inherited disease of the bone. Characteristics of individuals with pycnodysostosis are:...
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness of the forehead, chin, and lower half of the nose. In addition to inflammation of...
Shingles, or herpes zoster, is a painful rash caused by the varicella zoster virus. Other shingles symptoms include headache,...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Hives (Urticaria & Angioedema)
Hives, also called urticaria, is a raised, itchy area of skin that is usually a sign of an allergic reaction. The allergy may be...
Hypothyroidism (Symptoms, Diet, Natural and Medical Treatments, Tests)
Hypothyroidism is any state in which thyroid hormone production is below normal. Normally, the rate of thyroid hormone...
Cough (Chronic, Persistent Cough in Adults and Children)
Chronic cough is a cough that does not go away and is generally a symptom of another disorder such as asthma, allergic...
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome is a disorder that causes symptoms like pain, clicking, and popping of the jaw. TMJ is...
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip (Symptoms, Treatment)
Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip symptoms include an itchy, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, eyes, and throat. Seasonal...
Genital Herpes in Women (Symptoms, Signs, Treatment)
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Symptoms of genital herpes...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
ICU psychosis is a disorder (also a form of delirium or acute brain failure) in which patients in an intensive care unit or a...
Rabies is a viral disease that is transmitted via the bite of an infected animal. Symptoms include fever, headaches, and...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Men's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress,...
Cold Sores (Nongenital Herpes Simplex Infections)
Herpes simplex infections are common and when they appear around the mouth and lips, people often refer to them as "cold sores"...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Vitiligo is a condition in which the skin turns white due to the loss of pigment from the melanocytes, cells that produce the...
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach Pain) Symptoms, Relief Remedies, Medicine
Indigestion (dyspepsia) can be caused by diseases or conditions that involve the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and also by some...
Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
There are many causes of scalp hair loss. This featured article covers the common ones such as patchy hair loss (alopecia areata,...
Insomnia Treatment (Sleep Aids and Stimulants)
Insomnia is difficulty in falling or staying asleep, the absence of restful sleep, or poor quality of sleep. Insomnia is a...
Holiday Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
Though the holidays are a fun time for most, for others, they're a sad, lonely and anxiety-filled time. Get tips on how to avoid...
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a psychiatric condition, can develop after any catastrophic life event. Symptoms include...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
There are many unusual symptoms of asthma, including sighing, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, chronic cough, recurrent walking...
Narcolepsy (Definition, Symptoms, Treatment, Medication)
Causes of narcolepsy, a chronic disease of the central nervous system, have not been fully determined. Some theories include...
Enjoying a satisfying sex life as we age is important to both physical and mental health. As we age, diseases and conditions may...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Peyronie's Disease (Curvature of the Penis)
Peyronie's disease or curvature of the penis (Peyronie disease) is a condition in which scar tissue develops inside the penis....
Bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is a mental illness characterized by depression, mania, and severe mood swings. Treatment...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Grief: Loss of a Loved One
Grief is the feeling one experiences after a loss (of a friendship, death of loved one, job). Complicated grief refers to grief...
Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year,...
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Agoraphobia is a fear of being outside or of being in a situation from which escape would be impossible. Symptoms include...
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
Borderline personality disorder is a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal...
Get the latest marijuana statistics and information. Learn its effects and how this drug, also known as pot, affects the brain....
Binge Eating Disorder
Characteristics of binge eating disorder include eating more quickly than usual, eating until uncomfortably full, eating a lot of...
Separation anxiety disorder is a common childhood anxiety disorder that has many causes. Infants, children, older kids and adults...
Hurricanes are based on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, which places them in 5 categories. Weather (hurricane) predictions,...
Postpartum depression is a form of depression that occurs within a year after delivery. It is thought that rapid hormone changes...
Sleepwalking (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Sleepwalking is a condition in which an individual walks or does other activities while asleep. Factors associated with...
Job Stress and Your Health
Early warning signs of job stress include headache, sleep disturbance, difficulty in concentrating, short temper, upset stomach,...
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
About 2%-6% of adults have ADHD, a common behavioral problem. Symptoms include impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattention....
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Myofascial pain syndrome is muscle pain in the body's soft tissues due to injury or strain. Symptoms include muscle pain with...
Cluster headaches are a type of headache that recurs over a period. Episodes can last one to three times a day during this time,...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Depression in teenagers may be caused by many factors. Symptoms of teen depression include apathy, irresponsible behavior,...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Sexual Problems (Sex) in Women
Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem that arises during any phase of the sexual response cycle, preventing an individual or...
Alternative Treatment for MS (CAM for MS)
The term alternative therapy, in general, is used to describe any medical treatment or intervention that has not been...
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which a person's pancreas does not produce enough insulin to meet the needs of the body....
Brief Psychotic Disorder
Brief psychotic disorder is a short-term mental illness that features psychotic symptoms. There are three forms of brief...
Encopresis is a type of elimination disorder in which bowel movements are passed into places other than the toilet. Children with...
Psychotic disorders are a group of serious illnesses that affect the mind. Different types of psychotic disorders include...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and non-prescription drugs and certain medical conditions. Symptoms of dry...
Thrush (Oral Candidiasis)
Thrush is an infection of the mouth caused by the Candida fungus. Symptoms of Thrush include pain or difficulty swallowing, a...
Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
Bruxism is the medical term for teeth grinding. Bruxism may be caused by stress or anxiety and often happens during sleep....
Carcinoid Syndrome (Carcinoid Tumor)
A carcinoid tumor is a tumor that develops from enterochromaffin cells. The important characteristic of carcinoid tumors that...
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is an illness where a person is overly preoccupied with some minor or imaginary flaw. People with...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
A sty is a bump that forms on the eyelid as a result of a blocked gland. Styes may be caused by infections, burns, or trauma to...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Domestic violence, or intimate partner abuse, is when one person in an intimate relationship uses any means to control the other...
Stuttering is a speech disorder characterized by speech disruptions such as prolongations of speech sounds, syllables or words,...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Abnormal Heart Rhythms (Heart Rhythm Disorders)
Heart rhythm disorders vary from minor palpitations, premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions...
Phobias are unrelenting fears of activities (social phobias), situations (agoraphobia), and specific items (arachnophobia). There...
There are a variety of diseases and conditions that can cause tongue problems, discoloration, and soreness. Though most tongue...
Gum problems may be caused by improper brushing and flossing, gum disease, canker sores, treatments and hormonal changes....
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Menstruation (menstrual cycle) is also referred to as a "period." When a woman menstruates, the lining of the uterus is shed....
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...
Dissociative Identity Disorder
Dissociative identity disorder (formerly known as multiple personality disorder or split personality disorder) is a mental...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Children (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in children is a functional gastrointestinal disorder with signs and symptoms of: Abdominal...
Pityriasis rosea is a rash that begins with a large pink patch with well-defined scaly borders on the back, chest, or neck. In...
Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens
Bipolar disorder, or manic-depressive illness, is a disorder that causes unusual and extreme mood changes. Symptoms of bipolar...
Eye strain is a symptom caused by looking at something for a long time. Symptoms and signs include redness, light sensitivity,...
Shingles and Pregnancy
Becoming infected with chickenpox during pregnancy could cause birth defects in your unborn child. Likewise, shingles could also...
Graves' Disease (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment Options)
Graves' disease is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Some of the symptoms of Graves' disease include hand tremors,...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Children and Teenagers
Sleep needs in children and teenagers depend on the age of the child. Sleep disorders in children such as: sleep apnea,...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
Heartburn (Acid Reflux) Symptoms, Relief Medicine, Cures
Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced from acid reflux (GERD). Symptoms of heartburn include chest pain, burning in the...
Stiff-Person syndrome is a neurological disorder associated with features of an autoimmune disease. Signs and symptoms of...
Porphyria is a group of disorders that affect the nervous system, skin, or both. Porphyria is often an inherited condition that...
Sleep paralysis is a condition that causes a person to feel as if he or she is awake but is unable to move. Lack of sleep, sleep...
Scalp Psoriasis (Psoriasis of the Scalp)
Scalp psoriasis causes red, raised, scaly patches that may extend from the scalp to the forehead and the back of the neck and...
Abdominal Migraines in Children and Adults
Abdominal migraine in adults and children is a variant of migraine headaches. Abdominal migraine in children generally occurs in...
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is a condition in which affected individuals have severe nausea and vomiting that come in cycles....
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
President Barack Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA) into law on Mar. 23, 2010. The Affordable Care Act aims to control...
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
Low Cholesterol Diet
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Is Gingivitis Contagious?
Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums. Poor dental hygiene, stress, smoking, some medications, and a poor diet can cause...
Are Cold Sores (Fever Blisters) Contagious?
About 20% of cases of cold sores are caused by herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2), and approximately 80% of cold sores are...
Is Dandruff (Seborrhea) Contagious?
Seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) is a chronic condition in which skin on the scalp flakes and sheds. Dandruff is not contagious....
7 Reasons You Are Tired After Surgery
Postsurgical fatigue is normal and is due to a variety of factors. Depression, stress, and anxiety may produce fatigue. Sleep...
Duck syndrome is a situation initially coined at Stanford University whereby a college student may seem to be calm on the surface...
Headache Natural Home Remedies
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
IBS-D (Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea)
IBS-D or irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea refers to IBS with diarrhea. Symptoms of IBS-D include intestinal gas...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Atrial Fibrillation vs. Ventricular Fibrillation (AFib vs VFib Symptoms, ECG Strips)
Atrial fibrillation (AF or AFib) is an abnormality in the heart rhythm which involves irregular and often rapid beating of the...
Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and Similarities
Headaches are the most common reason why a person goes to the doctor or other healthcare professional for treatment. There are...
Crohn's Disease vs. Ulcerative Colitis (UC)
Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are diseases that cause inflammation of part of or the entire digestive tract (GI)....
IBS vs. IBD: Differences and Similarities
IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) are both problems with the digestive tract...
Migraines and Seizures (Symptoms, Auras, Medication)
Migraines are a type of headache and seizures are the main symptom of epilepsy. Migraine headaches and seizures are two...
Inner Ear Infection (Symptoms, Signs, Treatments, Home Remedies)
An inner ear infection or otitis interna is caused by viruses or bacteria and can occur in both adults and children. An inner...
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence)
- Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach)
- Weight Gain
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Loss of Appetite
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Stress: What is Your Stress Type
- Stress: Chronic Stress and the Mental Connection
- Stress: Chronic Stress and the Body Connection
- Stress: Take Charge of Your Stress
- Stress-Free Stress Management
- Stress: Getting Out From Under Stress
- Stress: Avoid Desktop Stress
- Stress: Holiday Spirit: The Highs and Lows
- Chronic Pain
- Missed Menstrual Period
- Hot Flashes
- Jaw Pain
- Eye Twitch
- Decreased Appetite
- Increased Appetite
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- Low Libido
- Stiff Neck
- Painful Intercourse
- Mood Swings
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Tightness in Chest
- Skin FAQs
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder FAQs
- Stress FAQs
- Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Alcohol & Stress: At Risk for Alcoholism?
- Pain and Stress: Endorphins: Natural Pain and Stress Fighters
- Health: 8 Tips for Making and Keeping Healthy New Year's Resolutions
- Bruxism: Do You Grind Your Teeth?
- Stress: 8 Immediate Stress-Busters
- Travel: 7 Tips to Stressless Vacation Travel
- Home and Family
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Hot Flashes: Anxiety Worsens Hot Flashes
- 8 Tips on How to Relax and Sleep When Stressed
- Colds: 10 Tips to Prevent The Common Cold
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - Treatment
- PMS vs. PMDD - Whats' the Difference?
- Diet and Women
- Painful Periods Related to Stress
- Stress: Meditation May Reduce Stress and Improve Health
- Stress: Three Minutes to Stress Relief!
- Are Hives Always Caused by an Allergy?
- Fibromyalgia Treatments Without Drugs
- Stress and Aggressive Breast Cancer: Cause or Effect?
- Ten Health Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
- Can Diet and Stress Cause Crohn's Disease?
- Best Exercises for Asthma: Yoga, Swimming, Biking, and Walking
- How Do Men and Women React to Stress?
- Can Stress Make You Fat?
- Does Stress Cause Wrinkles?
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy - Changing the Way We Think and React
- Binge Eating Disorder Definition
- 6 Tips to Stress-Proof Your Family Vacation
- 7 Tips to Make Holiday Travel Less Stressful
- 4 Holiday Stress Management Tips
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), More Common Than You Think
- Fibromyalgia: 3 Things to Do
- Adrenal Fatigue, Adrenal Exhaustion: Is It "Real?"
- Why Am I So Tired? The Many Causes of Fatigue
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: A Case of Bipolar II Disorder
- Sty Symptoms and Signs
- Stress: Is Memory Loss Associated with Stress?
- Ask the Experts - Stress
- Stress: The Long-Term Effects
- Stress Reduction - Checking Your Pulse Audio Segment
Medications & Supplements
- sertraline liquid concentrate - oral, Zoloft
- paroxetine suspension - oral, Paxil
- sertraline - oral, Zoloft
- paroxetine - oral, Paxil
- lorazepam (Ativan)
- nadolol (Corgard)
- diazepam (Valium, Diastat, Acudial, Diastat Pediatric, Diazepam Intensol)
- alprazolam (Xanax, Xanax XR, Niravam) Anti-Anxiety Drug
- dalteparin (Injection; Fragmin)
- kava (piper methysticum) - oral
- blue-green algae (Cyanobacteria, Spirulina)
- schisandra (schisandra sp.) - oral
- ginseng (eleutherococcus and panax sp.) - oral
- Klonopin (clonazepam) vs. Xanax (alprazolam)
- Aspirin vs. Plavix (clopidogrel)
Prevention & Wellness
- Colleges Strain to Keep Up With Students' Mental Health Concerns
- Navigating New Parent Nerves
- More Americans Are Raising Their Grandkids
- Pediatricians Renew Call to Abandon Spanking
- 'Stress Hormone' Tied to Worse Memory in Middle Age
- Health Tip: Exercise to Counteract Stress and Anxiety
- 1 in 4 College Students Really Stressed Out by 2016 Election: Survey
- Take 10 for Mindfulness
- Health Tip: Why You May Have Adult Acne
- Mental Health Problems Increase With Global Warming: Study
- Sexual Assault Has Long-Term Mental, Physical Impact
- Health Tip: Spend Time Outside to Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- 'Hangry' May Be More Than Just a State of Mind
- Regular Bedtime Might Be Key to Better Health
- 1 in 3 College Freshmen Faces Mental Health Woes
- The Cat's Meow: The Emotional Boost of Cute Videos
- Doctor Burnout Likely to Impair Care
- Soldiers' Suicide Attempts Often Come Without Prior Mental Health Diagnosis
- U.S. Deaths From Suicide, Drugs Surpass Diabetes
- Take a Vacation, Your Heart Will Thank You
- More Evidence Ties Stress to Heart Trouble
- Stressed at Work? Open Office Plan Might Help
- A Little 'Horseplay' Eases Veterans' Mind, Body & Soul
- Health Tip: Fight Frequent Fatigue
- Health Tip: Help Manage Stress
- Exercise Really Can Chase Away the Blues … to a Point
- Hiccups for a Month? It Can Happen
- Naked Mole-Rats May Give Clues to Human Longevity
- LGBQ Youth More Prone to Obesity
- Media Reports of Celeb Suicides May Trigger 'Copycat' Tragedies
- Stress Won't Undermine Fertility Treatment Success: Study
- Green Spaces a Mental Balm for City Dwellers
- The Latest on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Health Tip: Map Your Way to Better Health
- On-the-Job Stress Relief
- PTSD May Have Put Hearts of 9/11 First Responders at Risk
- When Parents Do Time, Kids Pay the Price
- Doctor Burnout Widespread, Helps Drive Many Medical Errors
- Health Tip: Stay Calm You When You Feel Frazzled
- Health Tip: Manage Family Arguments
- Vacation Bliss Doesn't Linger for Tired, Stressed-Out Workers
- Severe Stress May Send Immune System Into Overdrive
- First Ketamine Guidelines for Pain Released
- Ariana Grande Reveals PTSD a Year After Concert Bomb Attack
- Health Tip: How Working Parents Can Avoid Burnout
- A Lonely Heart Poses a Big Health Risk
- Are You a Procrastinator? Then Read This. Now!
- Fewer Money Worries Can Pay Off in Better Health
- Money Worries Have More Americans Anxious, Survey Finds
- Too Much Social Media May Harm a Woman's Body Image
- Why You Should Unwind After a Tough Day at Work
- Mid-Life Stresses May Be Tied to Late-Life Dementia Risk
- Exercise Your Blues Away
- Stop Burnout in Its Tracks
- Meditation Can Soothe the Anxious Soul in Just One Session
- Early and Quick Turnaround Deployments Increase U.S. Soldiers' Suicide Risk: Study
- Meditation: Different Approaches, Different Benefits
- 'Let It Go' May Be Good Advice for Health
- Here's Another Reason to Not Marry Your Cousin
- When 'Nest Egg' Vanishes, Death Risk Rises
- All That Overtime Could Be Killing You
- Many Grad Students Struggle With Anxiety, Depression
- Health Tip: Ways to Reduce Stress
- Violence Trailed Trump's Campaign
- Health Tip: Manage Political Stress
- Wounded Combat Vets Face Increased Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: Recognize an Anxiety Disorder
- Young Cancer Survivors Finding Support From Social Networks
- Early Periods Tied to Mental Health Issues Into Adulthood
- Health Tip: Help Control Teeth Grinding
- 'Burnout' Threatens More Than a Third of Doctors
- Putting the Brakes on 'Emotional Eating'
- Health Tip:Manage Stress
- Health Tip: Handle a Child's Traumatic Stress
- Good Deeds Soothe Stress
- Health Tip: Identifying Signs of Stress
- Stressed? Try Sniffing Your Partner's T- Shirt
- Stress Is Tough on Medical 'Surrogates' When a Loved One Is Ill
- For Poorer Americans, Stress Brings Worse Health
- Are Women's Hearts More Vulnerable to Stress?
- Mindfulness May Be Stress-Buster at Exam Time
- Health Tip: Keep Gift-Giving Stress Under Wraps
- When a Preemie Goes Home, Dad Stresses Out
- 3 Signs You'd Be Happier With a New Job
- With Stress and Trauma Come Excess Weight
- Health Tip: Stress Can Impact Sleep
- Surgical Residents Prime Candidates for Stress, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
- Stress Can Blind You to Danger
- Remaining 'In the Closet' at Work Stresses Gay Couples
- Can You 'Om' Your Way to a Healthy Heart?
- Food Stamp Benefits May Lower Health Care Costs
- Cancer Distress May Lead to Missed Appointments
- Workers Without Paid Sick Leave Suffer Ill Effects
- Exercise May Stem Kidney Damage in Lupus Patients
- Caring for a Sick Pet Can Really Drain You
- Death Risk From Triathlons May Be Higher Than Thought
- Focus on Just One Sport Can Mean Stress for Girls
- Hurricanes' Toll on Mental Health Will Linger
- Hidden Gems in Your Health Insurance Plan
- Young Americans Lead Rise in Suicide Attempts
- Lifestyle Tips for Better Diabetes Control
- Hurricanes May Have Longer-Lasting Impact on Kids
- Sleep Apnea Wreaks Havoc on Your Metabolism
- Sleepless Nights Do No Favors for Your Heart
- Marriage a Blessing for Heart Attack Patients
- 1 in 5 Moms Mum About Post-Pregnancy Blues
- Hobbies and Your Health
- Caregiving Needs Double as End of Life Nears
- Meditation's Soothing Effects
- TV Binge-Watching May Leave You Like 'The Walking Dead'
- U.S. Antidepressant Use Jumps 65 Percent in 15 Years
- A Violent Environment Can Wreck Kids' Grades
- Air Purifiers May Help the Smog-Stressed Heart
- Marijuana May Help Ease Nerve Pain, Review Finds
- Could Newborn Heart Stem Cells Jump-Start Old Hearts?
- Date Nights for Overbooked Parents
- When Stress Hormone Falters, Your Health May Suffer
- Singing May Be Good Medicine for Parkinson's Patients
- Calming Those Back-to-School Jitters
- Kidney Disease May Boost Risk of Abnormal Heartbeat
- Yoga May Boost Aging Brains
- Can Video Game Playing Cost You Gray Matter?
- Health Tip: If You're a Caregiver
- Doctors Who 'Fat-Shame' Patients Can Cause Real Harm
- Just Thinking You're Less Active May Shorten Your Life
- Are You Eating for the Wrong Reasons?
- Can Suicide Tries Spread Among Soldiers?
- Many Terminal Cancer Patients Remain in Denial
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Timing Is Everything With Heart Attacks
- Lower Back Injuries Plague Many Athletes
- Health Tip: Balancing Stress at Work
- PTSD After Head Injury May Signal Brain Changes
- Working Too Much Might Tip Heart Into Irregular Rhythm
- Does Stress Worsen Chemical Harms in Pregnancy?
- For Holocaust Survivors, Raised Risk of Cancer
- Laughter May Be a Serious Evolutionary Tool
- Guys, a Noisy Bedroom May Not Be Good for Your Fertility
- Most Relationships Survive Struggles With Infertility
- Take A New View of Yoga
- Health Tip: When Children Grind Their Teeth
- Why People With Autism Avoid Eye Contact
- Consider Acupuncture for Incontinence, Not Certain Infertility Cases
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients
- Risky Behavior Triggers Vicious Cycle for Vets With PTSD
- Suicide Risk Especially High for U.S. Farmers
- Tips to Curb Nighttime Eating
- Severe Headaches Plague Vets With Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Most Mothers Have Been Victims of 'Mommy-Shaming,' Poll Finds
- High-Intensity Exercise May Be Bad for the Bowels
- Why Yoga, Tai Chi and Meditation Are Good for You
- Guns Kill or Wound 7,000 U.S. Kids a Year: Report
- Happy Marriage, Healthier Spouses
- Teen Boys Treated for Assault Often Want Mental Health Care, Too
- Could U.S. Election Results Be Harmful to Health?
- Health Tip: Stress-Busting Tips for Caregivers
- When a Divorce Turns Bitter, Kids' Immune Systems May Pay a Price
- Conquering One Big Cancer Side Effect: Fear
- 'Making the Best of It': Families Face the Heavy Burden of Alzheimer's
- Transgender People Report More Health Problems
- Teasing Teens About Weight May Do Lasting Harm
- Hospital Protocol Helps Thwart Serious Infection
- Health Tip: Don't Take Stress to Bed
- City Life Tough on Teens' Mental Health
- Yoga, Meditation May Ease Some Breast Cancer Symptoms
- Poverty Could Make Lupus Even Worse
- Suicide by Insulin?
- PTSD, Brain Injuries Common Among U.S. Troops Discharged for Misconduct: Report
- Fido or Fluffy Can Bring You a Big Health Boost
- 'Fight or Flight' Response Greater in Combat Vets With PTSD: Study
- Poverty May Be More Stressful for Women Than Men
- Tracking Devices May Ease Minds of Parents of Kids With Autism
- Just a 'Social Smoker'? Toll on Your Health Still High
- U.S. Workplaces Roiled by Post-Election Discord, Poll Finds
- Mom's Money Worries May Mean Smaller Baby
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- Teen Suicide Thoughts, Self-Harm Cases Double in a Decade
- Loving, Supportive Kids May Help Lower Seniors' Dementia Risk
- Depression's Gender Gap Shows Up in Pre-Teen Years
- Psychiatric Scars of Wartime Brain Injury May Linger for Years
- De-Stressing at Lunch
- Opioid Use by Iraq, Afghanistan War Vets Mirrors Rest of U.S.: Study
- 'Mindfulness' Probably Won't Cure Your Back Pain: Study
- Cleaning, Greening Vacant Lots May Help Fight Crime
- A 'Brainwave' to Help Fight PTSD
- Seniors' Well-Being May Get a Boost From Green Spaces
- Blood Pressure: Know Your Numbers
- Anxious? Distressed? You're Not Alone
- Stress Buster
- 'I'm Just Too Busy' -- Is Being Overworked the New Status Symbol?
- More Younger Americans Are Suffering Strokes: Study
- Stress Buster: Emotional Eating
- Fewer Than 1,000 Used Oregon's Right-to-Die Law by 2015
- For Firefighters, Another Danger: The Heart
- As Weight Goes Up, So Does Death Risk
- Sexual Abuse May Cause Early Puberty in Girls: Study
- Sleepless Nights, Unhealthy Hearts?
- 9 Out of 10 Doctors Like Their Jobs
- Climate Change May Cloud Americans' Mental Health: Report
- Trauma as a Teen May Boost Depression Risk Around Menopause
- A Lonely Heart Could Worsen a Cold
- Health Tip: Talk to Your Doctor About Emotional Struggles
- Less Salt, Fewer Nighttime Bathroom Trips?
- Exercise a Great Prescription to Help Older Hearts
- Suicide Often Leaves Mental, Physical Woes in Surviving Spouse
- Daily Glass of Beer, Wine Might Do a Heart Good
- Helping Cancer Caregivers Help Themselves
- Health Tip: Managing Metabolic Syndrome
- Health Tip: Slow Down When You're Stressed
- Drinking, Drug Abuse Doubles Veterans' Suicide Risk: Study
- Fewer U.S. Kids Overdosing on Opioids
- Stress Buster: Sounds of Nature
- 'No One Dies Alone' Program Offers Comfort at Life's End
- Health Tip: Treat Skin Well
- Your DNA May Determine How You Handle the Time Change
- Refugees Deserve Health Care, Compassion, U.S. Pediatricians Say
- Stress Buster
- Your Sex Life May Work Wonders for Your Work Life
- FDA Throws Cold Water on Whole Body Cryotherapy
- Exercise Helps Counter Cancer-Linked Fatigue
- Stress Buster
- Study Links Psychiatric Disorders to Stroke Risk
- Don't Sweat It: Gender Doesn't Dictate Perspiration Rate
- A Stressed Life May Mean a Wider Waistline
- Health Tip: Short on Sleep?
- Health Tip: Reducing Your Heart Disease Risk
- Hey Fellas, Depression Can Strike New Dads, Too
- Health Tip: Get a Massage
- Student-Athletes Don't Have to Be Hit By Injuries
- Health Tip: Feeling Tense?
- Dealing With Diabetes Distress
- Marriage: A Way to Divorce Yourself From Stress?
- 5 Ways Women Can Cut Their Heart Attack Risk
- America in 2017: Pass the Prozac, Please
- Tiny Babies May Face Mental Health Problems Later
- Stress Buster
- Low-Income Kids More Likely to Have ADHD, Asthma
- Heart Disease Affects Far More Than the Heart
- Some Partners Need Extra Loving This Valentine's Day
- Health Tip: Daily Routine Can Minimize Stress
- Stress Busters
- Astronaut Twins Give Clues to Health Hazards of Spaceflight
- Better Sleep Could Mean Better Sex for Older Women
- Small Study Links E-Cigarettes to Potential Heart Trouble
- Parents of Kids With Heart Defects Face PTSD Risk: Study
- Stress-Busting Tips
- Even One High-Fat Meal Can Harm Your Liver, Study Finds
- When Loved One Has Breast Cancer, Partner Suffers, Too
- Exercise Rates Often Decline After Cancer Diagnosis
- Stress May Explain Digestive Issues in Kids With Autism
- Screen Time May Not Be So Bad for Teens After All
- Forward-Thinking Tips for Back Pain
- For a Colicky Baby, You Might Give Acupuncture a Try
- U.S. Report Cites the Good and Bad on Marijuana
- 'Stress Ball' in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
- Are Heartburn Meds During Pregnancy Linked to Asthma in Kids?
- Poverty's Impact on a Child's Mental Health
- Health Tip: Coping With Hair Loss
- Kids' Care May Suffer When Parents Clash With Medical Staff
- Over-Planning Can Take the Fun Out of Leisure Time
- Debbie Reynold's Death Puts Spotlight on 'Broken Heart Syndrome'
- Making New Year's Resolutions That Last
- Men Don't Know About Risks to Fertility, Survey Finds
- Why Acne Can Strike Women After the Teen Years
- U.S. Families Spend 1.5 Billion Hours Yearly on Kids With Special Health Needs
- Health Tip: Fighting Fatigue
- Is Season the Reason Why Heart Deaths Spike at Christmas?
- Give Kids a Safe, Stress-Free Holiday
- Sometimes the Holidays Aren't Always Jolly
- Cushioned Shoe Inserts Won't Guard Against Injury: Review
- The Happy Get Lucky in Their Older Years
- Loneliness May Sabotage Breast Cancer Survival: Study
- Heart Failure Protein May Signal Early Brain Damage
- Turning to an Ancient Art to Help Ease PTSD in Veterans
- Heart Rate Change When Standing Up Might Predict Older Adult's Death Risk
- Health Tip: Do Things as a Family
- Medical School Can Be an Emotional Pressure-Cooker
- Men More Likely to Use Marijuana Than Women, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Stop Grinding Your Teeth
- 24-Hour Shifts Can Play Havoc With the Heart
- Demi Lovato Wants to Change the Face of Mental Illness
- FDA Approves Large Studies of Ecstasy to Treat PTSD
- Health Tip: Want Healthier Looking Skin?
- Palliative Care Raises Quality of Life, But Doesn't Extend It
- 1 in 7 Young Teens Is a Stalking Victim: Survey
- Sexism Could Harm Men's Health: Study
- Troubled Preschoolers Not Getting Effective Treatment: Report
- Can Occupational Therapy Slow Alzheimer's Decline?
- Violent Media Often Give Rise to Nightmares
- Lifestyle, Stress May Play Role in Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Pessimism May Take Unwelcome Toll on the Heart
- Smoking May Hinder Kidney Disease Drugs
- E-Cigarettes Not Good to Gums, Study Finds
- Stressed Childhood Might Raise Risk for High Blood Pressure Later
- Health Tip: Thinking About Psychological Therapy?
- PTSD May Affect Boys, Girls Differently, Brain Scans Show
- Too Much Iron Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Parents Often Miss Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Kids
- Do Your Part to Stop Spreading Colds and Flu
- Be Alert for PTSD After Pregnancy Loss
- Stressed-Out Mate Bad for Your Waistline
- Kids With Gay or Lesbian Parents Do Just Fine: Study
- Stressful Jobs With Little Control/Shorter Life Spans?
- Poorer Heart Attack Victims, Especially Women, Fare Worse: Study
- Can Teens' Heart Rate, Blood Pressure Show Ties to Mental Ills?
- High Rate of Antidepressant Use After Cancer
- Childhood PTSD May Leave Imprint on Brain
- Sleep Can Affect Male Fertility
- For Overheated Viewers of Presidential Race: 'De-Escalate First'
- Health Tip: Ease Stress If You Have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Nurturing Childhood May Pay Off Decades Later
- No Link Between Caffeine, Irregular Heartbeat in Heart Failure Patient Study
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Risk for Post-Op Problems
- Obesity More Common Among Teens With Autism: Study
- 'Doc, This Election's Killing Me!'
- Texting While Parenting: A 21st Century Trap
- Anger, Heavy Exertion: Fast Track to a Heart Attack?
- Study IDs Effective Rx for Burned-Out Doctors
- For Problem Drinkers, Experimental Drug Shows Promise
- Fitful Sleep May Take Toll on Older Women's Hearts
- Depression Can Fuel Heart Disease in Midlife Women: Study
- Delaying Breast Reconstruction After Cancer May Raise Patients' Anxiety
- Botox Beats Implant for Urinary Incontinence in Women
- Worry About Job Loss May be Linked to Diabetes Risk: Study
- Can Childhood Traumas Make You Old Before Your Time?
- Cancer Treatment More Likely to Leave Blacks in Debt
- Can Pregnancy Problems Foretell Future Health Risks?
- Health Tip: Managing Daily Stress
- Stress Might Undercut Benefits of Healthy Diet for Women
- Can Stress Lower a Woman's Fertility?
- Even at Cancer Centers, Finding Relief for Pain Can Be Tough
- Internet Addiction May Be Red Flag for Other Mental Health Issues: Study
- Study Sees Link Between Long Naps, Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Can Acupuncture Ease Severe Constipation?
- Mouse Study Hints at Which Brain Cells Trigger Fear
- Something to 'Like' About Facebook
- Does Losing a Father in War Shorten a Child's Life?
- Coping With College Stress
- Sex Suffers for Younger Adults After Heart Attack
- Fallout From 9/11 May Include Early Dementia
- People With Implanted Defibrillators at Higher Car Accident Risk
- Senior Years May Truly Be Golden for Happiness
- Stress May Take Greatest Toll on Younger Women's Hearts: Study
- Health Tip: Work Through Chronic Pain
- Health Tip: Squash Stress Before Bed
- Health Tip: Buy the Right Running Shoes
- Do Hospital ICUs Raise Costs Without Boosting Survival?
- Sickle Cell Trait Not Linked to Early Death in Study
- Stressed Dads Can Affect Kids' Development
- Breast-Fed Preemies Do Better on Skills Tests: Study
- Rx for Seniors' Health: Upbeat View, Less Stress
- Summer Days Shouldn't Be Lazy for Kids
- Fido a Friend to Parents of Kids With Autism
- What Happens When You're Hypnotized?
- 'Ppl, I Have Breast Cancer'
- 2 in 10 Alzheimer's Cases May Be Misdiagnosed
- Sleep Disorders 6 Times Higher Among Veterans
- Can Comedy Kill?
- Get Outside, Get Moving to Prevent 'Gamer's Thumb'
- Making Sense of Senseless Violence
- Limit Kids' Exposure to Media Violence, Pediatricians Say
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- 4 in 10 Americans Think Work Affects Their Health: Poll
- Can Trauma Trigger Violent Crime in Mentally Ill?
- Dietary Mineral Could Be One Key to Blood Pressure Control
- Health Tip: Manage Emotional Stress
- Beware Whole Body Cryotherapy Claims, FDA Warns
- Jobs With the Highest Suicide Rates
- Memory Loss: Normal or a Sign of Trouble?
- Health Risks Higher for LGBT Community
- New Treatment Shows Promise for Crippling Knee Arthritis
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Blood Test May Rule Out Too Many Donor Hearts
- Are Commercial Brain-Training Programs Worth It?
- Aging May Blunt Some of Exercise's Benefits
- Single Working Moms Carry a Heart Burden
- Shouting? The 'Silent Treatment'? How Spouses Argue Linked to Physical Ills
- Health Tip: Take Steps to Stay Mentally Healthy
- No Sex Please, I'm a Stressed New Mom
- Shift Workers at Greater Risk of Heart Ills, Study Says
- Mindfulness Meditation Seems to Soothe Breast Cancer Survivors
- Exploring the Link Between Estrogen and Migraines
- Health Tip: Get a Stress Test
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Fastballs a Fast Track to 'Tommy John Surgery'?
- Antidepressants Not Just for Depression Any More
- Updated Heart Failure Treatment Guidelines Issued
- Seeing the Sea Soothes Stress
- Tai Chi: Rx for Arthritic Knees
- Keep Busy! Stay Sharp!
- Exercise May Cut Risk of 13 Cancers, Study Suggests
- Young Children With Sleep Apnea May Face Learning Difficulties: Study
- Study Links Climate Change to Kidney Disease
- Health Tip: Walking is Good for You
- Even Non-Obese Report Better Mood, Sex Drive After Dieting
- Link Between Money Woes, Domestic Abuse Tough to Untangle
- Are People With Rosacea at Higher Risk for Alzheimer's?
- Retirement Can Be Golden for Your Health
- Some Like It Hot! Lab Mice, in Particular
- Many U.S. Adults Think Kids' Health Is Worse Today
- Novel E-Skin May Monitor Health, Vital Signs
- Doctors Issue Call to Combat Climate Change
- Pair Gamblers Anonymous With Other Treatments for Best Results
- Depression Common for Heart Attack Survivors, And More May Need Help
- Teen Girls More Stressed Than Boys: Survey
- Besides Your Lungs, Smoking May Harm Your Job Prospects, Paycheck
- How Much Does Your Doctor Make?
- The Health Risks Posed by Mindless Munching
- Health Tip: Your Extracurricular Teen
- Health Tip: Watch for Mental Health 'Red Flags' in Kids
- Health Tip: Fighting Stress
- Brain Scans Give Clues to Stress-Heart Attack Link
- PTSD May Stiffen Veterans' Arteries, Boosting Heart Risks
- Pre-Pregnancy Stress May Affect Baby's Size
- Young Transgender Women May Face Mental Health Woes
- Stress Management Training May Help Cardiac Rehab Patients
- Alcohol Abuse Common Among Med Students, Study Finds
- Two-Thirds of Americans Report Daily Discrimination in Poll
- U.S. Pediatricians to Add Poverty to Well-Visit Checklist
- Stress of Caring for Sick Spouse May Raise Stroke Risk
- As Caregivers, Women May Suffer More Than Men
- Health Tip: Is Your Child Stressed?
- Sleep Apnea May Take Toll on Your Mood, Thinking Skills
- For Cancer Patients, Pain May Rise as Finances Dwindle
- Earthquake Survivors With PTSD Show Brain Differences
- Cyberbullying, Violence Linked to PTSD in Teens
- Are Women the Key to Unlocking Alzheimer's?
- Alzheimer's Risk: Do You Want to Know?
- Talk to Your Doctor About Ways to Trim Health Care Costs
- Risk of Preemie Birth May Rise for Depressed Parents-to-Be
- Smoking's Grip Adds to Misery of the Homeless
- More Evidence Smog May Raise Stroke Risk
- Parenthood May Alter Immune System, Research Suggests
- Pregnancy After 40 May Boost Risk of 'Bleeding' Stroke Later: Study
- Sleep Loss May Be Tied to Raised Diabetes Risk in Teen Boys
- Helping With Health Care Takes Heavy Toll on Caregivers
- Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses Still Poorly Understood: Report
- Health Tip: If You're a Diabetes Caregiver
- Lasting Damage Seen in LGBT Teens Who Suffer Harassment
- VA Hospital Care Improving, Study Suggests
- Horses May Know What You're Feeling, Study Suggests
- Views of Green Space Help Students Perform Better: Study
- Study: Causes of Gulf War Illness Pinpointed
- Stress-Prone Teen Males May Be at Risk of High Blood Pressure Later
- Health Tip: Don't Use Smartphone in the Bedroom
- Wearable Electric Patch May Ease PTSD
- Cancer's Financial Burden Tied to Poorer Survival, Study Finds
- Parental Debt May Affect Kids' Behavior
- Small Study Sees Differences in Brains of Soldiers With PTSD
- Could Reducing Your Stress Levels Help You Lose Weight?
- Stressed Teens May Face Higher Diabetes Risk as Adults: Study
- Health Tip: Is Stress Affecting Your Health?
- Health Tip: Meditation May Help Your Heart
- Study Maps Areas of Brain Linked to PTSD
- Scans Show Many Injured U.S. Vets May Have Brain 'Scarring'
- Stress May Boost Risk for Alzheimer's-Linked Thinking Problems
- Ways to Beat the Holiday Blues
- Brain's Signaling Systems Might Determine PTSD Severity: Study
- Unhappiness Won't Kill You
- Sense of Purpose in Life May Boost Longevity, Heart Health
- Endurance Athletes May Pay Physical Price
- Making Sense of the Senseless Violence
- Patient's Mood During Medical Procedure May Affect Outcomes
- Doctor Burnout Rates on the Rise
- Crave Coffee Too Much? Talk Therapy May Help
- Could Your 'Holiday Blues' Be Seasonal Affective Disorder?
- Dogs May Ease a Child's Fears
- Constant Traffic Noise May Boost Depression Risk
- Play it Safe Cooking the Thanksgiving Feast
- Why Women Should Lower Their Holiday Stress Level
- Health Tip: Are You Coping With Stress?
- Heart Transplant Mental Toll May Be Greater for Women
- Could the 'Stress Hormone' Affect Weight and Memory?
- Just One Energy Drink Sends Young Adults' Stress Hormone Levels Soaring
- 'Walkable' Neighborhoods Boost Heart Health, Studies Find
- Don't Even Talk About It: 'Food Words' Can Make You Overeat
- Children of Stressed Parents May Be Prone to Obesity
- Marriage May Aid Recovery From Heart Surgery, Study Finds
- Surgeon's Calming Words May Ease Stress of Surgery
- Truckers' Fatigue, Cellphones Boost Their Crash Risk: Study
- Furry Friends May Be Stress Relievers for Kids With Cancer
- U.S. Report Urges End to 'Conversion' Therapy for LGBT Youth
- Job Stress Tied to Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Telecommuting Isn't Always a Win-Win Situation
- PTSD Can Affect Female Vietnam War Vets, Too: Study
- Parents Can Take Steps to Help Make Homework Less Stressful
- Health Tip: Keep a Stress Journal
- Mindfulness Calms Nerves at School and Work
- FAQ: Pregnancy Complications and Your Heart
- More Cavities Seen in Kids of Chronically Stressed Mothers
- Kicking the Nail-Biting Habit
- Artificial Pancreas Works Well in Home Trial
- Workday Breaks Help Employees Reboot, Researchers Say
- Could Psychedelic Drugs Be Good Medicine for Some?
- Could All Work and No Play Kill You?
- Settling the Back-to-School Jitters
- Why Your Child Is Stressed: 10 Reasons
- Brief Drop in Blood Sugar at Birth Tied to Poorer School Performance
- Can What You Eat Affect Your Mental Health?
- Workaholics May Face Higher Stroke Risk: Study
- Family Struggles May Affect Boys' Brain Development
- WebMD Survey: Parents Don't See Kids' Stress Signs
- Mindfulness Therapy Might Help Ease PTSD
- Job Stress Might Make You Sick, Study Says
- Childhood Stress Might Raise a Woman's Risk for Preterm Birth
- Health Tip: Protect Your Heart From Stress and Depression
- New Moms Often Get Poor Advice on Baby Care: Study
- Screams Tap Into Brain's Fear Response
- Childhood Stress May Spur Weight Gain in Women
- Most College Students Stressed About Money, Study Finds
- Smoking, Preterm Births Increase a Woman's Heart Disease Risk
- Health Tip: Help Kids Prevent Stress
- Plane Passengers' Near-Death Experience Gives Clues to Trauma's Effect on Brain
- Health Tip: Coping With Disaster
- Hormones May Spur Rash Choices on Stock Exchange
- Health Tip: Help Curb Sleep Talking
- A Healthy Body Often Equals a Healthy Brain
- Health Tip: Exercising With Heart Problems
- Bad Neighborhoods May Make You Age Faster
- Social Anxiety? Fermented Foods May Help
- U.S. Hospitals Seeing More Kids With Self-Inflicted Injuries
- 'Gut Feelings': More Than Heartburn, Indigestion?
- Animals May Ease Social Anxiety in Children With Autism
- Oxytocin, Alcohol Seem to Work on Brain in Similar Ways
- Stressed at Work? Try 'Natural' Sounds to Relax
- Short-Term Debt Can Depress More Than Your Finances
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder May Be Linked to Accelerated Aging
- Miscarriage Misunderstood, Often Leaves Women With Guilt
- Many Americans Under 50 Living With Cold Sore Virus
- For Gay Children, Bullying Begins Early, Happens Often: Study
- Health Tip: Sleep Better During Pregnancy
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Divorce May Increase Psychosomatic Symptoms in Teens: Study
- Combat Deployment Just One Factor That May Cause Smoking
- More Evidence of Long-Term Illness in 9/11 Responders
- Health Tip: Cut Down on Stress
- Divorce Tied to Higher Chance of Heart Attack in Study
- Family Stress Linked to Teen Obesity in Study
- 1 in 10 Americans Has Anger Issues and Access to Guns: Survey
- Joblessness Triples Odds for Depression in Young Adults
- Green Space in Cities May Soothe the Heart
- Workplace Suicides on the Rise, Study Finds
- Could Loneliness Shorten a Life?
- Health Tip: Balance Work and Home Life
- Some Emotions May Spur Urge to Pick or Pull at Skin, Hair, Nails
- Study Highlights Complexity of 'Hearing Voices'
- Stress, Depression a 'Perfect Storm' of Trouble for Heart Patients
- A Sense of Purpose May Help Your Heart
- Stress May Undermine Heart Benefits of Exercise
- After Blowing Their Stack, a Heart Attack
- Anxiety May Speed Aging
- Loved Ones Caring for Brain-Injured Veterans May Face Health Risks
- Stress May Make Recovery From Heart Attack Harder for Younger Women
- Money Tops Americans' List of Stressors
- Burnout Rates Soar Among Family Doctors
- Student Loans Take Emotional Toll on Young Adults
- Dealing With a Hostile Boss
- For Pastors, It's Easy to Pack on the Pounds
- Many Seniors Toast to Retirement Too Often
- Cancer Survivors May Struggle for Years With Mental, Physical Problems
- Top Healthy Habits for Your Heart
- Strong Neighborhood Bonds, Less Gun Violence?
- Health Tip: Help Teens Set Healthy Resolutions
- 'Tis the Season to Overeat
- Terrorism Fears May Shorten Your Life, Study Finds
- Cancer Treatment Costs Weigh Heavily on Patients, Study Finds
- Health Tip: 12 Ways to a Healthier Holiday
- Constant Email Checks Can Leave You Stressed
- Almost Half of U.S. Kids Suffer Traumatic Stress, Study Shows
- ER Visits on the Rise, Study Reports
- Being the Boss Tied to Depression Risk for Women, But Not Men
- Health Tip: Check Stress at the Office
- A Bad Marriage Burdens an Aging Heart
- Trans Fats May Sap Your Memory
- Feeling 'Worn Out'? Your Heart May Pay the Price
- Emotional Stress Affects Women's Hearts
- Protect Yourself in Icy Temperatures, Heavy Snow
- Research Questions Link Between Media Violence, Violent Behavior
- Long-Term Shift Work May Drain the Brain, Study Reports
- Kids: An Rx for Menopause's Hot Flashes?
- Health Tip: Why People Seek Counseling
- 'Prehabilitation' Before Colon Cancer Surgery May Aid Recovery
- Health Tip: Get Kids Outdoors
- Teen Girls May Face Greater Risk of Depression
- Young Caregivers Risk Failing in School, Study Says
- Stress Affects Women, Men With Heart Disease Differently, Study Shows
- Health Tip: Is Stress Keeping You Awake?
- Mini-Strokes May Lead to PTSD, Study Finds
- Genes May Make Some More Prone to Heart Disease When Under Stress
- Jealous, Moody Women May Face Higher Alzheimer's Risk, Study Says
- Stress Might Be Even More Unhealthy for the Obese
- U.S. Pledges Millions to Study Ways to Ease Soldiers' Pain
- Health Tip: Are Your Teeth in a Grind?
- Health Tip: Ward Off Stress
- Ketamine: The Future of Depression Treatment?
- Health Woes to Worsen Due to Climate Change, Study Warns
- Job Worries Can Raise Asthma Risk, Study Says
- PTSD Link to Food Addiction Seen in Report
- Research Shows Possible Neurological Patterns for PTSD Symptoms
- Walking, Biking to Work Seems to Have Mental Health Benefits
- Scientists Unlock a Key to Cell Stress
- Stress May Leave You Heading to the Cookie Jar
- Stress, Depression May Boost Stroke Risk, Study Finds
- Scientists Explain Stress and Heart Attack Link
- Health Tip: Handle Stress in a Healthy Way
- Health Tip: Exercise for Stress Relief
- Researchers Shed Light on Link Between Stress, Heart Trouble
- Japan Quake Shows How Stress Alters the Brain
- Working With Horses May Ease Stress in Kids
- Lab Mice Stressed Out By Men, But Not Women, Study Finds
- Fear Won't Boost Exam Scores: Study
- Stress Tied to Worse Allergy Symptoms
- Stress Hormone May Drive Risk-Taking by Teen Motorists
- Could Reducing Stress Help Bring On a Migraine?
- Stress May Diminish a Woman's Fertility, Study Suggests
- Stress Can Quickly Harm Kids' Health: Study
- Teens' Stress Levels Rival Those of Adults, Survey Finds
- Stressed by Work-Life Balance? Just Exercise
- Health Tip: Stop Stress
- Recession Triggered Wave of Health Worries, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Keep Stress in Check
- Ski Your Way to Happiness?
- Obese Kids Might Have Higher Levels of Stress Hormone
- 'Stress Gene' Might Raise Odds for Heart Attack, Death, Study Shows
- Health Tip: Relax During the Holidays
- Stress-Busting Tips From Experts
- Stress Leads Some Doctors to Abuse Prescription Drugs, Study Says
- Shopping Doesn't Help in Face of Trauma, Researchers Say
- Boosting Teens' Mental Well-Being Is Goal of New Skills Program
- Stressful Events May Raise Risk of Falls in Older Men, Study Finds
- Adopted Teens More Likely to Attempt Suicide, Study Finds
- When Football Team Loses, Fans Reach for Junk Food
- Sleep May Aid in Brain Repair, Mouse Study Finds
- Health Tip: Help Kids Feel Better About Themselves
- Poverty May Tax Thinking Skills
- How to Help Kids Quell Back-to-School Jitters
- Childhood Abuse Linked to Later Thyroid Problems for Women
- Many Low-Income Moms Struggle to Afford Diapers: Study
- Health Tip: Fight Stress
- Putting Off Retirement May Help Stave Off Alzheimer's
- Shift Work Might Affect Women's Periods, Fertility: Study
- That Bad Boss May Be Toxic to Your Family, Too
- Suicide Rate Higher for Adults Who Were Out-of-Shape as Teens: Study
- Think You're Stressed? Maybe You Should Have Your Heart Checked
- Pent-Up Stress Could Harm Health of Middle-Aged Women
- Military Families May Need Help With Mental Health
- Favorite Music May Ease Anxiety in ICU Patients
- Daily Gene Rhythms May Be Off in Depressed People
- Health Tip: After a Stressful Event
- Seriously Stressed? Hair Analysis Tells All, Study Finds
- Helping Children Make Sense of the Senseless
- Boston Bombing Aftermath: Fear, Empathy, Anger
- Prepared for Trauma, Overwhelmed by Carnage
- Breathing Problem Sometimes Misdiagnosed in Athletes
- Health Tip: What's Keeping Your Child Awake?
- Lullabies Soothe Preemies, Parents Alike
- Scans May Reveal Pre-Schizophrenia Brain Changes
- College Sports Could Raise Players' Risk for Depression, Study Finds
- Pregnant Women Under Stress May Be at Higher Risk for Stillbirth
- Paranoia Common After Mugging, Study Says
- Stress During Pregnancy May Raise Heart Defect Risk for Baby
- Meth in Pregnancy May Blunt Child's Reaction to Stress: Study
- Brain Changes Could Contribute to Gulf War Illness: Study
- Anxiety, Depression May Triple Risk of Death for Heart Patients: Study
- Boosting Patients' Well-Being During Cancer Treatment
- Health Tip: Use Focused Imagery to Relax
- Young Adults Are America's Most Stressed Generation: Survey
- On-the-Job Stress Won't Raise Your Risk for Cancer, Study Finds
- Stressed-Out Women May Be More Sensitive to Sounds
- 'Coming Out' Can Bring Health Benefits, Study Says
- For Diabetes: BP, Cholesterol Key v. Heart Disease
- Extreme Cold Snap Brings Unexpected Health Risks
- Migraine Sufferers Stigmatized Because of Their Condition: Study
- Obese Kids May Face Immediate Health Woes, Study Finds
- PTSD Can Hamper Drug Treatment for Stroke Survivors: Study
- High Medical Bills Driving Some Americans to Extreme Measures
- Many Young Americans Plan to Own a Gun, Survey Finds
- Drug May Help Women Who Quit Smoking Avoid Weight Gain
- Health Tip: Control Holiday Stress
- Distress Tied to Higher Risk of Stroke
- Fainting in Healthy People May Be First Sign of Heart Trouble
- Hiking in Nature May Boost Creativity
- Give Your Heart the Gift of a Stress-Free Holiday
- Is Your Little One Scared of Santa?
- Teen ADHD May Increase Risk for Adult Problems
- Teen Fighting Declines in U.S., Europe
- Health Tip: If You've Got Knee Arthritis
- 'Chemo Brain' May Occur Before Treatment Even Starts
- Bullied Teens May Suffer Lingering Trauma
- Under Similar Stress, Rich Live Longer Than Poor: Study
- Study Supports Link Between Stress, Epileptic Seizures
- Study: Cystic Fibrosis Patients Struggle to Exercise
- Violence in a Soldier's Past May Up PTSD Risk
- Hurricane Sandy's Health Woes Continue
- Aromatherapy Linked to Benefits and Harms
- Long-Term Use of Some Antipsychotics Not Warranted in Older Adults: Study
- Upbeat View on Old Age May Help Seniors Bounce Back From Disability
- You're Only as Old as You Feel
- Costly, Repeat Medical Testing Common for Medicare Patients: Study
- Unemployment Takes Toll on the Heart
- Bright Light at Night Could Up Depression Risk, Mouse Study Suggests
- Soda May Worsen Knee Osteoarthritis in Men
- Transcendental Meditation May Lower Heart Risk
- Early Exposure to Stress at Home Affects Girls' Brains, Study Says
- Don't Turn to Holiday Food as a Way to Deal With Stress: Expert
- Energy Drinks Disrupting U.S. Soldiers' Sleep: CDC
- Cocaine Raises Heart Risks for Fit, Young Adults: Study
- Pregnancy Hormone Shows Promise as Heart Failure Drug
- Women, Young Adults Misinterpret Chest Pain: Study
- Brain Anatomy May Play Role in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Obese Children Struggle With Joint Pain: Study
- For Many, 'Superstorm' Sandy Could Take Toll on Mental Health
- Foot Ulcers Tied to Increased Death Risk for People With Diabetes
- Red Wine Compound May Not Help Healthy Women
- Hormones May Not Raise Alzheimer's Risks
- Does Sleep Apnea Offer Some Protection During Heart Attack?
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- Stress in Parents Linked to Obesity in Kids
- Surgery May Spur Rise in Heart Deaths After Cancer Diagnosis: Study
- Study Reveals the Many Ways Sexual Assault Harms Women
- Science Reveals Secrets of Hypnosis
- In Terms of Drinking, the Rich Are Different, Study Says
- Tragic News Reports Weigh More Heavily on Women: Study
- Health Tip: At Risk for High Cholesterol?
- Health Tip: Considering Counseling?
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep for People on Blood-Pressure Meds
- Child Abuse Injuries Have Risen, Study Finds
- People With Implantable Defibrillators May Need More Mental Health Support
- Can Parents' Divorce Boost Son's Risk for Stroke?
- Complementary Medicine May Help Soldiers With PTSD: Study
- Stress Linked to Greater Weight Gain in Black Girls, Study Finds
- Doctors Should Screen Adults for Alcohol Misuse, U.S. Panel Says
- Health Tip: Exercise to Combat Stress
- Leaders Less Stressed Out
- Simple Tip May Ease Athletes' Performance Anxiety
- Health Tip: Keep Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Check
- Extra Steps Urged to Cut Alcohol, Drug Use in Military: Report
- Health Tip: Managing With Psoriasis
- Exercise May Prevent Stress and Anxiety, Study Suggests
- Putting Your Mental Health in Order
- Many More U.S. Households Ready for Disasters: CDC
- Health Tip: Factors That Can Worsen Acne
- Stress Adds to Salt Load of Some Blacks, Study Says
- Young Children Treated for Cancer May Be at Risk for PTSD: Study
- Want to Beat Spider Phobia? Talk About It
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Won't Help Babies After Heart Surgery
- Put Traffic Safety on Back-to-School 'To-Do' List: Experts
- Parents, Rest Easy About Infant 'Sleep Training'
- Vets' Readjustment Issues May Spur PTSD Treatment
- Combat Stress Linked to Brain Changes in Study
- Stress Linked to Stroke
- Stress, a 'Type A' Personality May Boost Stroke Risk
- Couch-Potato Kids Are Top U.S. Child Health Problem: Poll
- Many Obese Americans Struggle With Stigma, Discrimination, Poll Finds
- Partner Depression Common After Heart Attack
- Many U.S. Doctors Have Symptoms of Burnout: Survey
- Stem Cells Fix Bladder Leakage in Mice, Study Finds
- Solving the Medical Mystery of Cold Feet
- Tying the Knot Ups Women's Drinking Rate, Lowers Mens'
- With Very Sick Infants, Doctors and Parents Often Miscommunicate
- Physical, Mental Toll of Japanese Nuke Plant Meltdown Assessed
- When Partner Has Breast Cancer, Men Find Their Own Ways to Cope
- Stressed-Out Men May Prefer Heavier Women
- Living Without Lies Might Make You Healthier
- Depression Could Shorten Cancer Survival, Study Suggests
- Smile! It Might Lower Your Stress Level, Study Shows
- Even Mild Anxiety May Shorten a Person's Life
- Health Tip: Managing Workplace Stress
- 'Macho' Men Do Worse in Couples When the Woman Earns More
- Knee and Hip Replacement Surgeries Linked to Heart Attacks
- Childhood Abuse Linked to Diabetes, Heart Disease in Middle-Aged Women
- Can a Woman's Job Raise Her Heart Attack Risk?
- Dental Fillings Linked to Slight Behavior Problems
- Phobic Anxiety May Link to Premature Aging
- Police Work Takes Heavy Health Toll: Study
- Child Abuse Rises When Economy Sags: Study
- Exercise, Meditation Can Beat Back Cold, Flu, Study Finds
- Money Woes Weaken the Institution of Marriage: Study
- Stress Management May Prevent MS Brain Lesions
- Meditation Method a Matter of Taste
- Treating Irritable Bowel Poses Challenges
- California Woman Finds Ways to Control IBS
- Poor Sleep Affects Immune System Much Like Physical Stress
- Under Right Conditions, Fertility Treatment Can Equal Natural Conception Rates: Study
- Job Worries for Parents May Mean Poorer Nutrition for Kids
- Employment Key to Helping Veterans Adjust to Life Back Home
- Health Tip: Help Avoid a Lupus Flare
- Child's Scoliosis Stresses Patients, Parents: Study
- Weather Triggers Migraine Headaches
- 'Sling' Implant May Cut Risk of Incontinence After Prolapse Surgery
- Health Tip: Take Care of Yourself, Too
- Parents' Fighting May Have Long-Lasting Effect on Kids
- How Housework Can Hurt a Relationship
- Sleep Apnea Treatment Might Boost Men's Sex Lives
- 'Mindful' Meditation Tied to Healthy Brain Changes: Study
- Noisy Wards Could Threaten Hospital Patients' Health
- Scientists Spot More Migraine Genes
- Study: Self-Injury Common in Grade School
- Study Supports Guilt's Role in Depression
- Financial Worries Add to Cancer Patients' Burden
- Parental Abuse, Neglect Linked to Increased Skin Cancer Risk
- Health Tip: Work Out in Water
- Summer's Heat May Enflame Hives
- Optimism, Laughter May Bring Long Life
- Health Tip: Eat Right During Menopause
- Night Shift Might Boost Women's Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- More Mental Health Care Urged for Kids Who Self-Harm
- Probiotics: Exploring the Gut-Mind Connection
- Vigorous Exercise Might Protect Against Psoriasis
- Health Tip: What Triggers Your Migraines?
- One-Third of U.S. Homeless Population Is Obese: Study
- Diabetes Can Take a Toll on Your Emotions
- Are Post-Angioplasty Stress Tests Unnecessary?
- New Clues to Schizophrenia
- Common Blood Pressure Drugs May Not Cut Colon Cancer Risk
- 'Email Vacations' Boost Job Productivity, Lower Stress: Study
- Exercise May Boost Survival in Breast, Colon Cancer Patients
- Living Near Major Roads May Shorten Heart Attack Survival
- Longer Commutes Can Put Us on Road to Poor Health
- Positive Thinking, Persistence Pay Off in Job Search: Study
- Rate of Statin-Linked Muscle Woes Unclear, Study Suggests
- Adjusting Your Attitude About Chronic Pain May Help You Sleep
- Mothers' Stress Could Cause Iron Deficiency in Newborns
- Life Transitions May Trigger Eating Disorders
- Health Tip: Dealing With Stress
- Health Tip: Why Is My Aging Skin So Dry?
- Health Highlights: April 24, 2012
- Health Tip: Stress Fracture of the Foot
- Mental Stress May Be Harder on Women's Hearts
- Wife's Breast Cancer Can Hurt Husband's Health Too: Study
- Wartime Killing May Raise Veterans' Thoughts of Suicide
- Kids Exposed to Bullying and Violence May Age Faster
- Bedwetting Misunderstood but Often Treatable
- Glaucoma Need Not Steal Sight, Experts Say
- Health Tip: Overcoming Obstacles to Exercise
- Health Tip: When Your Child is Stressed
- Health Tip: Avoid Asthma Triggers
- Gay Adults Rejected by Parents Have Worse Health, Study Finds
- Spouses of Cancer Patients May Have Raised Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke
- Parents of Kids With Cancer No More Likely to Break Up
- Shift Work May Set Stage for Obesity and Diabetes
- Many Medical Tests, Procedures Not Always Needed
- Witnessing, Experiencing Traumatic Events May Worsen Heart Disease
- Pets at Work Keep Workers Happy
- Study Supports CPR Chest Compressions for Cardiac Arrest
- Why Stress Might Make You Sick
- 911 Dispatchers May Suffer From Post-Traumatic Stress
- Health Tip: Why Am I Constipated?
- Health Highlights: March 23, 2012
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- Health Tip: Why You Need Aerobic Exercise
- Health Highlights: March 22, 2012
- Stressed Parents May Affect Preemie Behavior Later
- Poor Sleep May Impact Stress Response in Older Adults
- For Sleep Struggles, Women Urged to Alter Routines
- Urban Forests Disappearing: Report
- Top 5 Happiest States in the U.S.
- Sleeping Pills Called 'as Risky as Cigarettes'
- High Social Status Linked to Bad Behavior?
- Toddlers With Angry Parents May Have More Temper Tantrums
- Laughing in the Face of Dental Fear May Ease Worries
- Health Tip: Exercising During Pregnancy
- Exercise in Pregnancy Safe for Baby, Study Finds
- Kids With Gender Noncomformity at Increased Risk for Abuse
- Korlym Approved for Cushing's Syndrome
- Autism Diagnosis Often Occurs Later for Black Children
- Pregnancy Complications May Predict Heart Trouble Later
- Health Tip: Take a Deep Breath
- Psychotherapy May Ease Hot Flashes After Breast Cancer
- Handling Divorce May Be Easier Later in Life
- Brain Development Harmed in Mistreated Kids
- Soy Supplements May Not Shield Against Breast Cancer
- Could a Blood Test Help Spot Depression?
- Health Tip: Help Prevent a Stress Fracture
- Massage May Help Sore Muscles Recover
- Mom's Support Tied to Child's Brain Development
- Health Tip: Preparing for a Stress Test
- Acupuncture May Boost Pregnancy Success Rates
- U.S. Soldiers Face Host of Mental Health Issues
- Too Much Overtime May Raise Depression Risk
- Bosses Have Big Impact on Workplace Well-Being
- Study Shows How Stress Triggers Immune System
- Narcissism Especially Bad for Men's Health, Study Says
- Health Tip: When Stress Becomes Dangerous
- Severe Brain Injury When Young May Have Long-Term Effects
- Gossiping Might Be Good for You
- Health Highlights: Jan. 12, 2012
- Your Smartphone May Be Stressing You Out
- Health Highlights: Jan. 11, 2012
- Health Tip: Better Manage Stress
- Grief May Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Statins May Raise Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Heart Failure, Diabetes Might Be Linked by Protein
- ADHD Drug Shortage Pushes Parents to Seek Substitutes
- Celiac Disease in Women Linked to Depression Risk
- Lots of Exercise May Boost Kids' Grades
- Eating Disorders Can Last Well Beyond Teen Years
- Health Tip: Burned Out at Work?
- How to Make Your Quit-Smoking Resolution Stick
- Obesity Linked to Poor Mother-Toddler Bond
- The New Face of Pet Therapy
- Does Your Teen Constantly Challenge You?
- Mindfulness Training May Help Arthritis Patients Cope
- Health Tip: Manage Stress
- 'Nerve Snip' Might Ease Dangerous Irregular Heartbeat
- Dentist Gives Advice to Keep Holiday Smiles Bright
- Moms of Preemies Face Health Problems, Too
- Legalized Same-Sex Marriage May Boost Gay Men's Health
- Recession Hurt Parent-Child Ties, Survey Finds
- Life After Cigarettes Is Happier: Study
- Want to Cut Chocolate Cravings? Take a Walk
- 'Ecstasy' May Cause Long-Term Changes in Brain Chemistry
- Are Working Moms Healthier and Happier?
- Health Tip: Find Time for You
- Stress Early in Pregnancy Linked to Fewer Baby Boys
- Do U.S Presidents Live Longer Than the Average Joe?
- Weight Gain, Need to Be Nice Are Holiday Season Gripes
- More Exercise Could Make For Better Sleep: Study
- Despite Advances, HIV/AIDS Still Takes Heavy Emotional Toll
- All Beans Aren't the Same in Gassy Side Effects
- Racism's Mental Toll May Explain Some Health Disparities
- Meditation May Help Brain Tune Out Distractions
- Gene May Be Linked to Frequent Cold Sores
- Poll Reveals Challenges of Providing End-of-Life Care
- Women More Prone to 'Broken Heart' Syndrome: Study
- Are Acid Reflux Drugs Overused?
- Why the Sound of Fingernails on a Chalkboard Irks You
- Very Restricted Diet May Reduce Symptoms of IBS
- Stress Linked to Higher Mortality Risk Among Men
- Weight Regain May Not Be Due to Lack of Willpower
- Neighborhood Can Affect Obesity, Diabetes Risk
- Katrina's Aftermath: Failed Pregnancies for IVF Moms Nationwide
- Could Discrimination Help Trigger Illness in Blacks?
- As Economy Goes Down, Drinking Goes Up
- Health Tip: Suggestions to Help Manage Angina
- Health Tip: Managing an Anxiety Disorder
- Twitter Tracks Mood Swings
- Divorce, Heavy Drinking, Smoking Linked to Hair Loss
- In Older Men, Prostate Biopsies Can Raise Risk of Hospitalization
- Could Divorce Trigger Hair Loss in Women?
- Recession Tied to Rise in Child Abuse Injuries
- Drinking Is on the Rise Among U.S. Women
- 4 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
- The Best and Worst States for Long-Term Care
- Burnout, Dissatisfaction Seem Rampant Among Medical Residents
- School Shooting Study Yields Genetic Links to PTSD
- Anger, Stress May Provoke Heart Attacks
- FDA Questions Studies of Breast Implant Safety
- Many Doctors Ignore Guidelines, Order Annual Pap Test
- Marital Conflict May Not Ease Over Time
- Childhood Obesity, Drug Abuse Top Concerns for Kids
- 'Cyberstalking': Worse Than in-Person Harassment?
- Dieters Tend to Overeat When Stressed
- How Does Your Brain Respond to Food?
- Talk Therapy Plus Self-Help May Fight Pain
- Why Comfort Foods Are So Comforting
- Simple Sugar May Speed Heart Attack Recovery
- FDA: Repairing Pelvic Organ Prolapse With Surgical Mesh Risky
- 'Dignity Therapy' Gives Comfort to Dying Patients
- Sleep Deprivation Plus Stress Hurts Blood Pressure
- When Wives Can't Sleep, Marriage May Suffer
- ER Docs Frustrated, Burned Out by Repeat Patients: Survey
- Fear of Dying During Heart Attack May Make Matters Worse
- Study: Stress Is Not Linked to MS Risk
- Being 'Born-Again' Linked to More Brain Atrophy: Study
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Vaginal Mesh Surgery Effective for Bladder Prolapse Repair: Report
- Low Oxytocin Linked to Postpartum Depression
- Extreme Obesity Linked to Dangerous Behaviors in Teens
- Too Much TV May Raise Kids' Future Heart Risk
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines Stress Early Diagnosis
- Lower Stroke Death Risk in Close-Knit Neighborhoods
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Treated for Bipolar Disorder
- Some Athletic Girls Risk Stress Fractures
- Moms May Pass Hypertension Risk to Kids
- Walnut May Be Top Nut for Heart Health
- Stress May Alter Gut Bacteria to Hinder Immune System
- Unhealthy Diet Raises Heart Risk of Obese Teens
- Relationship Troubles Add to 'Pre-Baby' Blues
- Survey Reveals the Nation's Happiest States
- Classroom Environment May Affect Kids' Mental Health
- Depression After Miscarriage Can Linger
- Positive Thinking Helps Heart Patients
- New Debate on Link Between Stress, Infertility
- Genetic Link Between Stress and Depression
- Is Chocolate the Next Super Food?
- Football Losses Raise Heart Attack Risk
- Man Flu: Is Job Stress to Blame?
- Healthier Lifestyle After at-Home Genetic Test?
- Smoking May Interfere With RA Treatment
- 2 Weeks of Antibiotic Therapy Relieves IBS
- Women With MS More Likely to Have Gene Mutation
- 'Depression Gene' Linked to Response to Stress
- Bright Light Eases Depression in Elderly People
- Family Stress Linked to Angina Pain
- Bad Economy, Bad Health?
- Oxytocin More Than Mere 'Love Hormone'
- Alzheimer's and Its Impact on Women
- Walnuts Reduce Stress
- Bullying, Harassment of Gay/Lesbian Teens: Expert Q&A
- New Parents at Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Hormone in Hair May Reveal Heart Risk
- Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults
- Do Spouses Grow Alike as Time Passes?
- Stress May Raise Risk of Premenstrual Syndrome
- Scientists See Serious Health Risks in Gulf Oil Spill
- Pro Golfer Phil Mickelson Treated for Psoriatic Arthritis
- Parents of Autistic Kids at Risk of Divorce?
- Resveratrol May Slow Aging in Humans
- Obesity Rates Still Rising, CDC Says
- Most Kids With ADHD Take Medication
- Depression Linked to Alzheimer's Disease
- Gulf Oil Spill May Leave Emotional Wounds
- Rocky Relationships Harder for Men
- Cancer Caregivers Share Patient Stresses
- Your Job's Start Time Affects Fatigue Level
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Linked to Dementia
- Exercise May Buffer Effects of Stress
- Yoga Helps Cancer Survivors Sleep Better
- Autism Families: High Divorce Rate Is a Myth
- Infections, Fractures Linked to Acid Reflux Drugs
- Workplace Stress Raises Heart Risk for Women
- Dementia Risk Higher if Your Spouse Has Dementia
- Birth Control Pills Put Brakes on Women's Sex Drive
- Gender Gap in Prescription Pain Drug Abuse
- Is Drinking Wine a Key to Antiaging?
- Fibromyalgia Gets Worse During Menstruation
- Spanking Linked to Kids' Later Aggression
- New Debate on Breast Removal to Prevent Cancer
- Brief Meditation Training Brings Pain Relief
- A1c Test Identifies Diabetes, Heart Risk
- Single Men Have Higher Risk of Stroke
- Study: Happiness Good for the Heart
- Ergonomics: Healthy Workstation Positions
- 6 Secrets to Gorgeous Skin
- Dry Mouth
- How to Pick Your Perfect Mattress
- In One Year, Out the Other
- 5 Diet Resolutions for the New Year
- Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems
- Why Can't I Lose Weight?
- Flu Prevention: Use Your Immune System!
- A Prescription for Holiday Blues
- Women, Sex, and Diabetes
- Depression Symptoms in Men
- Weight Gain: Surprising Reasons You're Gaining
- Dealing With the Jerk at Work
- 3 Easy Steps to Breaking Bad Habits
- Blissing Out: 10 Relaxation Techniques To Reduce Stress On-the-Spot
- Hair Care Disasters: Caution with Relaxers and Dyes
- Insomnia: What You Eat Can Sabotage Your Sleep
- Yoga: Science vs Myths
- Work: Help for the Chronically Late
- Parenting: New Dad Jitters
- Sleep Disorders: Behavioral Treatments
- Sleep Disorders: Alternative Treatments
- Sleep During Pregnancy
- Sleep and Depression
- Stress: Can Stress Cause Weight Gain?
- Stress and Diabetes
- Debt Can Be Bad for Your Health
- How Families Can Help Children Cope with Fear and Anxiety
- Anxiety: Coping With Anxiety
- New Healthcare for Teens
- Hope and Hurricanes: Emotional Survival Tips
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder FAQs
- Health Benefits Of Physical Activity
- Social Phobias - Fear Of Gatherings
- Anxiety Disorder FAQs
- Anxiety Disorders Quiz
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Eating Disorders
- Drug Abuse and Addiction: Drugs of Choice
- Estrogen Source of Stress
- Impatience Omen of Hypertension Alert
- Stress, Depression and Drug Abuse: Fallout of 9-11
- High Cholesterol Risk Factors
- Six Tips to Pro-Actively Reduce SAD
- Helping Your Child or Teen Cope with Trauma
- Job Stress, Early Warning Signs