Patient Comments: Strep Throat - Contagious

Did you catch strep throat from someone else? Did you give strep throat to someone? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: linda, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 26

I have been caring for my husband for two weeks. We read that if you let strep throat run its course once, you don't have to worry much about getting the same strain because you've built up a resistance to that strain. So we tried that. Guess what! Now I have symptoms and I don't have a caregiver. Caregivers, protect yourselves.

Comment from: Bluecrayon, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I work at a daycare, had a child in my class whose sister had strep. Three days later I woke up with a sore throat. I had swollen glands and white spots in the back of my throat. I called for a doctor's appointment, there wasn't anything available for the next 3 days so I went to an urgent care center. Sure enough the strep test came back positive. They caught it early. I've been on antibiotics for 24 hours. I currently have a sore throat that's painful to swallow, killer headache and body aches.

Just a Sore Throat or Strep Slideshow